News:

Main Menu

Turkey reciepe

Started by Nico, December 18, 2013, 11:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Okay, here it goes.

My mother will celebrate Christmas with us this year, and she wants to make a turkey. There are so many recpies out there on the net, but, yeah, let's face it...nobody knows if they are really good and tasty. She is searching for a good recipe now, and, if anyone of you knows a good reciepe, please let me know!

Thank you in advance!  :-*

Oniya

Make an herbed butter.  Thyme, garlic, onion, paprika - anything that goes with poultry.  (I got those from the back of the McCormick's bottle.)  Before putting the bird in the oven, work the skin loose as much as possible, and squish the butter in between the meat and the skin.  Instead of filling the cavity with dressing/stuffing, put in aromatics like a quartered onion or some celery.  Orange peel is also good.

Roast as per the label.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

If you've got a clean 5 gallon/20L plastic bucket handy & she's got a couple of days' lead time, she could brine it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKr1rByVVCI

Also: holy smoke, copyright 1999? No wonder he looks like a kid. Also that he says candied ginger & allspice berries might "sound weird".

Oniya

Ginger is very good with poultry.  I've yet to find allspice that isn't pre-ground, though.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on December 18, 2013, 12:50:26 PM
Ginger is very good with poultry.  I've yet to find allspice that isn't pre-ground, though.
I've found it. There's a brand called Private Selection. It's expensive, but one bottle has more all spice berries than you'll probably ever use in five years.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Null

Stuff it. Stuff it full of stuffing.
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Nico

Ryven

She could also glaze it.  Honey and butter make a simple glaze for the outside of a turkey.  Just begin glazing once it's about 20 degrees F before it's done.  Every 15 to 20 minutes, and it'll be nicely browned and have a mild sweetness on the outside.

Neysha

Brining a turkey is the best thing I've ever done to a turkey.  It comes out so moist and dairy and juicy and delicious,  even well after its been cut. Pure delicious happiness.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)