Dark Ages: Inquisitor [World of Darkness] [Tentative Interest Check]

Started by Blythe, November 19, 2015, 02:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

"Abyssus abyssum invocat. In sanguine dedicatum est in Christo loquimur."
Hell calls hell. In blood, we are dedicated again to Christ.

Okay, reaaaally general interest check--I've never seen a check for this one before, so I figured 'hey, why not?' I'm not sure if it'll get much in the way of interest, since this isn't one of the more popular/heavily played lines, but nothing ventured/nothing gained, right?  ;D  I've been interested in running something with the Dark Ages: Inquisitor material for a while. I don't 100% have a plotline yet, but I can craft something based on player interest. Anyways, general idea of of this sort of game would be...

* The year is 1230 (13th century)
* Catholicism--all PCs are Catholic and must be a member of one of the Order/organizations listed in the rulebook
* Debating on a setting of France, the Holy Roman Empire, or Iberia
* Politics-oriented with PCs rooting out monsters who've insinuated themselves into the hierarchy or nobility, things like that.
* Possible Themes: the challenges/tribulations of faith, what it means to be 'human,' dealing with tragedy and loss, rooting out heresy, balancing faith with the demands of politics and everyday life

Expectations of players:
* This is a system game, not freeform....but I do emphasize "role" playing over "roll" playing. Uses Dark Ages: Inquisitor rules from the World of Darkness. Access to that book and the Companion book are a necessity to play. I'll also be using the Dark Ages: Europe book as a supplement, but players wouldn't need that one, since its setting material.
* Mature takes on religion and history, with the understanding that we're not striving for historical/factual accuracy, but rather what is more fun/dramatic for a roleplay.
* Mature takes on gender and sexuality, considering the year is 1230 with a conservative 'Inquisitorial' focus
* No, seriously, the above two. These are sensitive subjects, and if you are the type to argue/nitpick, please give this game a pass. I want a roleplay group, not a PROC debate thread.
* Sex is not a focus of this game, but it would be permitted between PCs in a separate thread. I'd also be willing to write NPCs for that purpose--after all, being a champion of God isn't exactly fun without at least the risk of temptation
* Game would be NC: Human
* I welcome LGBTQA characters, but keep in mind that this is a historical horror-type game in the year 1230 and keep in mind what status LGBTQA folks had at that point, particularly with the Church.
* Prefer writers who will write with crossgender writers (Lords writing female characters, Ladies writing male characters, Lieges writing what they like)
* Looking for maybe 4 characters. Not first-come first-serve. I'll put up a character sheet template if I see sufficient interest.

I'm open to input from interested people about settings/themes/enemies they'd want to see, of course. This is just a very incredibly vague idea for an interest check. My posting rate would be a couple of times a week for it, most likely. So not too fast, not too slow.

Anyways, sorry if the above is badly written. Threw it together a bit slapdash around 3 a.m. >_>

wander

I'll sure dust off the old book for this if it happens. :)

I have more a preference for the Holy Roman Empire with a secondary interest in Iberia, if opinion was welcome. ^^

Gamble Gold

As a student of history and a lover of the WoD: Dark Ages setting Id be more than a little interested in taking part in your story.
If given the choice, I'd go with France. The aftermath of the Albigensian Crusade and the conflict with the Catharians in particular, might be an interesting topic.

Blythe

Hey folks, sorry to say that I won't be running this for now due to some Muse and RL issues. Hopefully at a later date I'll give an interest check for this a go with more of an established idea for plot, but thank you gentlemen both for the interest. Wishing you well finding RPs here on E. :-)