News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Things to get us thinking!

Started by Rp girl, May 10, 2018, 02:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rp girl

This thread I'm making is going to become sometthing where I post a question every now and then to get us thinking.

You are very welcome to reply ti this abd look very in bepth to them if you want^_^ this is just to start conversations.

Exciting? I hope so! Some will be silly and just random others will be deep and moral delemas. This will probably also havd a few wpuld rather a or b or maybe c if I can this of a c or a you can have _______ but ________ will happen

And now for my first few questions to kick start this thread of randomness!

Loose your mind or loose your mind!

You can teleport to people but you have no control over it and anytime you think of someone you teleport to them (deams included)

If oxygen was able to liquidised would be possibly be able to breath it?

Thank I'll post  more questions when I get to them!

Sain

Heh, I would just blink around with that teleport thing. Then try to practice meditation to control my thoughts and maybe become some vigilante monk.

For air, you can totally breathe liquid oxygen, or could if it was in liquid form and liquid oxygen was not so cold as it is in real life. As long as it would be a small enough molecule to behave in a similar manner in diffusion it would be fine. It would of course then depend on the weight of the oxygen carrying fluid whether or not our lungs would be strong enough to fully expel it with breathing cycle, but I'm sure we would've evolved to be able to do that if it were the case.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Rp girl

Why do people say they slept like a baby? Those little guys wake up every two hours.

You know those magic inivable pens we all had as kids. Did any of actually know when we ran out of the invible ink?

Mingnon

“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

Sain

Babies look very comfy when sleeping though.

"Invisible" is still transparent so it's wet to touch.

I wonder though are there plants that humans have not tasted yet? Chocolate tastes nothing like chocolate when it's a bean so are there other plants that nobody has made tasty yet, but could be made so?

Rp girl

True abiut the chocklate thing god that bothered me I ate a spoon of coco as a kid becayse I watched tv abd hot coco waa hot chocklate and they used coco in it or something....

But they plants is something that is really somethung that bothers me are tgere other edible plants we know dpnt know about bevause we are too scared to eat them.

Also new questions! Do socks have a set foot like shoes?also if the sky... ig I changed states and moved house would i be looking at the same bit of sky because how much counts as a bit?do you go world level and say these people are looking at one bit these peple are looking at another? Or is it all just one bit?

Sain

Probably parts of it since it's all just gas randomly mixing all the time on a global scale. Considering the angle at which you view the sky you could count how big block of the atmosphere you're viewing and then calculate probability for how likely it is to find at least one molecule you've seen previously in that same block. It would probably be pretty high even if you assumed total random mixing.

Inkidu

Quote from: Mingnon on May 28, 2018, 05:05:54 AM
Coincidence? I think not.

Dun means dull gray-brown color, wall means wall, and kirk is an old English (not Old English) word for church.

So, Kirkwall is literally Churchwall. Dunwall and Dunkirk are Dullwall and Dullchurch (maybe brown church). S. Dakota is just unoriginal.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on June 30, 2018, 10:03:05 PM
Dun means dull gray-brown color, wall means wall, and kirk is an old English (not Old English) word for church.

So, Kirkwall is literally Churchwall. Dunwall and Dunkirk are Dullwall and Dullchurch (maybe brown church). S. Dakota is just unoriginal.

Actually Dunkirk in England was more likely named after Dunkirk in France, and the name means 'church on the dunes'.  (I went looking to see if there was an historic church that happened to be brownish.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

midnightblack

Quote from: Rp girl on June 01, 2018, 07:14:05 AM
if I changed states and moved house would i be looking at the same bit of sky because how much counts as a bit?do you go world level and say these people are looking at one bit these peple are looking at another? Or is it all just one bit?

At least geometrically, the very strict answer is 'no', as the solid angle subtended from your new vantage point will be different from the old one. Then again, there will be considerable overlap between the two unless you travel a reasonably large distance. Knowing the radius of the Earth and the size of your field of view should allow you to calculate this distance and the extent of the overlap associated with it. Unless someone else does/did it first, if you're really curious I can try to work it out for you.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Rp girl

Quote from: midnightblack on July 01, 2018, 10:32:13 PM

At least geometrically, the very strict answer is 'no', as the solid angle subtended from your new vantage point will be different from the old one. Then again, there will be considerable overlap between the two unless you travel a reasonably large distance. Knowing the radius of the Earth and the size of your field of view should allow you to calculate this distance and the extent of the overlap associated with it. Unless someone else does/did it first, if you're really curious I can try to work it out for you.

Thats sweet but no Im good I was just tryi g to make conversationnin this.^_^

Blythe

Quote from: Rp girl on May 10, 2018, 02:22:45 AM
You can teleport to people but you have no control over it and anytime you think of someone you teleport to them (deams included)

...poor Benedict Cumberbatch. He'd never get rid of me. I'd end up teleporting to him multiple times a day. >_>

Rp girl

Oh my god I forgot abiut this thread! I might try bring it back if I think up any thing!

Rp girl

I wonder if ive ever baught milk from the same cow.

Inkidu

Quote from: Rp girl on June 02, 2020, 01:50:46 AM
I wonder if ive ever baught milk from the same cow.
That's um... actually very likely but very unlikely in terms of the spirit of the question.

It's very unlikely that you've had milk solely from one specific cow twice, but it's unlikely to have milk from one specific cow at all.

It is however likely that the same cow has probably had its milk run into the same batch homogenized with scores of other cows' from the same dairy farm and distributed to your local store.

Yeah, it's not a one-cow-per-gallon-of-milk thing. So you've probably done it bunches, technically speaking. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

gaggedLouise

I like the thought that in three hundred (or five hundred) years time, some books that I currently own may have become the only known surviving copies of those works, just like some books from the ancient World survived just through one single copy in the early middle ages, and all later manuscripts and later printings go back to that single surviving codex (this is true of much of Tacitus, for example). This is a very romantic idea, like with rare photos, and there is no way of knowing which books would become "unique survivors" in that way... :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Inkidu

I know it's not exactly the same because of the processes that actually go on, but breathing air into the lungs is only the start of the circulatory process. The big workhorse of the circulatory process is the transportation of the oxygen to the organs, tissues, and finally cells that need it, and that's generally done mostly by blood cells, which carry the 02 bonded to them like little Sam Bridgeses as they go throughout the entire body. So in a weird way you already are kind of breathing liquified oxygen.