What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 28, 2018, 03:03:53 AM
The President is to be impeached, a few months after the latest elections - wait, this is Italy. Sorry! :P

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44275781
You... tease.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

gaggedLouise

*NEWSFLASH* Theresa May is set to finally ask the EU for two or three more years of negotiating time to work out a reasonable deal.

It had to happen...but expect anger from some hardline conservative tories. :)

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-to-ask-the-eu-for-a-further-two-years-of-brexit-transition-2023-2018-5?r=US&IR=T (also in the London Times, but I think they have a paywall on all their stuff)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lustful Bride

Arlington Cemetery is getting close to capacity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arlington-cemetery-nearly-full-may-become-more-exclusive/ar-AAxVXN9?ocid=spartandhp&ffid=gz

I don't want to think of what it would look like when it completely full. I think id break down thinking of all those lives, all those families.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Lustful Bride on May 29, 2018, 08:58:15 AM
Arlington Cemetery is getting close to capacity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arlington-cemetery-nearly-full-may-become-more-exclusive/ar-AAxVXN9?ocid=spartandhp&ffid=gz

I don't want to think of what it would look like when it completely full. I think id break down thinking of all those lives, all those families.

And to think of how many Americans are buried in the war cemeteries of western Europe...

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 29, 2018, 01:36:16 PM
And to think of how many Americans are buried in the war cemeteries of western Europe...

And as Pete Seeger famously asked - when will we ever learn?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shekinah

A man has shot dead two female police officers and a civilian in the eastern Belgian city of Liège.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44289404

Isn't clear if it's terrorist or not but the man was heard shouting "Allahu Akbar"
worst part, he was just on temporary leave from prison, where they think he was radicalized.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

RedEve

He is also suspected of having committed a robbery at a jewelry store prior to the triple homicide today, as well as being a suspect in the murder (unclear if this happened yesterday or today) of his suspected accomplice in the jewelry store robbery. So that's a busy day for being just out of jail.  :-X >:( :-(
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Iniquitous

Roseanne has managed to get her own show cancelled - to which I can only say 'hallelujah!'.  I feel for those who have now lost jobs because of her, but her mouth and her racism needed to be shut down sooner rather than later.

http://abc7.com/entertainment/roseanne-cancelled-after-roseanne-barrs-tweet/3535447/
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Iniquitous on May 29, 2018, 03:59:18 PM
Roseanne has managed to get her own show cancelled - to which I can only say 'hallelujah!'.  I feel for those who have now lost jobs because of her, but her mouth and her racism needed to be shut down sooner rather than later.

http://abc7.com/entertainment/roseanne-cancelled-after-roseanne-barrs-tweet/3535447/

+1  I agree and I do feel bad for those who lost their jobs (Aside from Roseanna) I hear that for crews and other such staff things like that can be very bad for them :(

Oniya

Maybe the other cast members who were planning on leaving the show (and the producers who justifiably axed it) might be able to assist with job leads.  It's likely that the other actors will have roles lined up, and the producers probably have other projects on deck as well.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oniya

Quote from: Oniya on May 29, 2018, 04:13:39 PM
It's likely that the other actors will have roles lined up.

But apparently not Roseanne:  https://twitter.com/JBFlint/status/1001538538251345920

ICM is the talent agency that she used.

Also:  https://twitter.com/JBFlint/status/1001589386515959808

So, no Hulu-generated royalties either.

Skynet

There was a comment on Reddit which I really liked about this:

QuoteThe irony is that the whole point of her new show, before it came out, was how she wanted to portray a real American family, and how Trump voters aren't all racist monsters or something. Which hey that's fine... but in reality she is the epitome of the stereotypical terrible Trump voter. So great job getting that point across Roseanne.

I can get the whole "not all right-wingers are bad" as a show context, but when your character who is not really separate from the person believes that PizzaGate is real and that a 9 year old George Soros was an SS member, you've gone from "average conservative" to delusional.

Lustful Bride

And in the end its going to have the exact opposite effect.

"You see? They are all a bunch of conniving racists! Don't trust a single thing they say! From Craddle to the Grave they are all alike!"

I'm glad Roseanne is jobless, all she has done is make relations between the left and the right worse.

Oniya

Quote from: Skynet on May 29, 2018, 09:24:04 PM
Clarification: I meant that the actor Roseanne believes those conspiracy theories IRL.

This is why self-inserts are dangerous, folks.  ;D

RedEve

All she had to do was not get so racist on social media that the suits at ABC and Disney would have no other choice but to respond, and she couldn't even manage that...
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Hades

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/us/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-death-toll/index.html

Lost behind the sensationalism that was Roseanne's career doing a nose dive, a report from Harvard that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine says that the actual death toll in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria struck the island and it's aftermath was not the 64 that was given at the time, but closer to 5,000 instead. 

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Hades on May 30, 2018, 08:44:03 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/us/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-death-toll/index.html

Lost behind the sensationalism that was Roseanne's career doing a nose dive, a report from Harvard that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine says that the actual death toll in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria struck the island and it's aftermath was not the 64 that was given at the time, but closer to 5,000 instead.

There are still areas where people are violent with each other from lack of resources and proper repairs or other aid. Honestly the National Guard should be focusing all its efforts on helping Hawaii and Puerto Rico, not sitting on the border with mexico.

RedRose

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 29, 2018, 01:36:16 PM

Oh yes. It's endless. I've visited with school as a teen, extremely impressive :(
My parents go almost every year for prayers.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

RedRose

Quote from: RedEve on May 29, 2018, 02:47:06 PM
He is also suspected of having committed a robbery at a jewelry store prior to the triple homicide today, as well as being a suspect in the murder (unclear if this happened yesterday or today) of his suspected accomplice in the jewelry store robbery. So that's a busy day for being just out of jail.  :-X >:( :-(

There's a huge problem with this here. Also people can get radicalized, or pretend to be, to get protection or be "cool", while in jail. They come out quick, and rarely better.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Hades

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/30/trump-signs-right-to-try-legislation-on-experimental-medicines.html

So I'm a bit conflicted on this one.  On the one hand, you have drugs that haven't gone through their complete testing process which means there are likely to be side effects that may prove to be fatal.  But on the other hand, if they're in the terminal stage of a disease already, does it really matter if there's also a bit of hope that it will be able to help them?  In the end, I think some hope is better than no hope and if I were in that position I know I would sign on for the experimental treatment as fast as they could get me a pen.

So as much as I dislike having to say this (and will have to pour bleach on my fingers for typing it), I agree with Trump signing this bill.

TheGlyphstone

Broken clocks, blind squirrels, etc.

Lustful Bride

HairyHeretic

I doubt he's doing this for the benefit of the free guinea pigs terminal patients that are going to end up testing anything. That being said, I agree that a slim chance is better than no chance, and if someone wants to try to save their lives this way, they should have that chance. I'm just not going to attribute the decision to anything other than helping out corporations.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lustful Bride