Divine Misdemeanors [EX]- Choice and its Consequences...

Started by Esoteric Myobi, November 07, 2010, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Moreover Azâzêl  taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered...

...Again the Lord said to Raphael, Bind Azâzêl hand and foot; cast him into darkness; and opening the desert which is in Dudael, cast him in there.  Throw upon him hurled and pointed stones, covering him with darkness; there shall he remain for ever; cover his face, that he may not see the light.  And in the great day of judgment let him be cast into the fire.

--Book of Enoch, 8:1, 10:6-9

Name: Azâzêl the Fallen.  Of course, these days he prefers to go by Nick Ramirez.

Faction: Demonic

Angelic/Demonic Status: Prince of Hell, and one of Lucifer Morningstar's top lieutenants.  He commands the demonic agents in Purgatory.

Appearance: Azâzêl is without form, taking whichever shape strikes his fancy at the time.  Lately, however, he seems to have an affectation for a simple male human, dark-haired, tanned of skin, whose arms and chest are covered by tattoos described in the Talmud and Book of Enoch.

Personality: Those who don't know him would have a hard time believing him to be a demon, let alone one of the Princes of Hell.  On the surface, he appears to be eccentric and mild-mannered, rarely seen outside the confines of his nightclub / base of operations B.L.Z. Bubb's.  He prefers to remain aloof, letting his arch demons do his dirty work.  He knows where they are at all times, however, and will appear to bail them out if necessary should one of them find themselves in dire straits.

Biography:  One of the two hundred angels punished by God for their romantic and sexual relationships with human women,  Azâzêl went a step further, teaching mankind the art of engineering, trade and toolcraft...and the arts of war.  He is widely credited with introducing the Seven Deadly Sins upon the human race, especially vanity, greed, lust, and wroth; and his punishment is described in detail, with only the leader of the Watchers, Sêmîazâz (or Samyaza) having a worse fate.

Seeing potential in him, Lucifer appointed Azazel in charge of the lost land of Gilead, or Purgatory, to recruit and tempt those souls who, for whatever reason, had died without choosing a side.  With a few hand-picked Fallen, Azâzêl's goal is to claim as many Nephilim as he can for his lord and Master.

Powers:

Illusion.  Azazel is the master of illusions, and can take whatever form he wishes, any time he wishes.  He can appear male or female, angelic or demonic or human.  He can make his form monstrous and terrible; he can appear as an innocent child.  Only those high in the angelic hierarchy can see through these illusions.

Omnipresence.  Azazel can appear anywhere in Gilead, at any time.  It is not uncommon for reports of simultaneous sightings in different places.  Due to his extensive spy network, he also seems to possess an almost uncanny knowledge of the goings-on in his city.

Compulsion.  Though he cannot make a Nephilim commit a sin against his will (there are rules, after all, and even Azazel must play the great Game), if necessary, or perhaps if it just tickles his fancy, he may seize control of any Nephilim, angel, or demon (any NPC in game terms) and force them to do his bidding.  This Compulsion may be broken only by angelic or divine intervention.

Flaws:

Weakness to Divine.  Just as Lucifer has no power in Yahweh's presence, so Azazel cannot go toe-to-toe with his opposite Angelic number.  Good will always prevail over evil, and he has no chance in direct confrontation.  His best tactics are guerrilla strikes, deception, and misdirection.

Creature of Habit. Azazel has been doing this a long, long time, and that kind of boredom will make anyone lose his edge.  Over the years, he has become fascinated by humanity and its habits: who are these creatures, these favored of the Most High? What makes them do the things they do?  His intense curiosity has caused him to adopt many of their habits, to the point where he is not as fearsome as he once was.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 13, 2010, 01:14:39 AM
How so? On the power rating to his 'minor ability?' Because each stage requires him to release his limiters for him to use his ability or his ability to strengthen. Well, every two stages, rather. (With second limiter release, he gains his ability, fourth it increases, sixth it increases one last time) His powers overall are always limited, I don't see him being overpowered given the contract he has and the fact he fights on equal footing of his opponents.

If Arch Demons/Angels target his mistress, it is only fair for him to have some edge to even out the odds, is it not?

Ahh, I hadn't realized that his ability would go hand in hand with the contract but I suppose I should have guessed. I think that would work then since he wouldn't be able to use it until a certain amount of limiters have been removed.

Do love the character though, very dark - just like the idea of the game really. Though I suppose this would be a good time to once again remind everyone that the game WILL be taking place in the Extreme section of the forum. Thus, not for those who are easily queasy and uncomfortable with gory and violent scenes.

Anyway...-stamps Drake's forehead with her approval-

minerva7790, I think Kirinis is in the process of editing his character but we will see what happens. =) For now, I would say that your Cherub looks good. Definitely a nice balance of showing how 'angels' are still 'human' or Nephilim in this case. Just wanted to note that Infernals/Cherubs may not necessarily know (in character) if they have gained a Mana point or not, and how close they are to four. Sort of like how the Nephilim don't know the exact amount of their humanity and which way it's going. Characters may be aware that they have done so and so but will find out for certain where exactly they are when an event occurs to inform them of it. Such as the Arch Angels visiting with a warning for three Mana points.

-also stamps minerva7790's forehead with her approval-

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Goes by the alias of 'Taya'
v Sketch done by my close friend jadestinger v
Faction: Neutral
Angelic/Demonic Status: Neither, she holds her own status as Iurus Formator aka Oath Maker

Appearance: It is hard to ascertain whether Taya's hair is sea-green with black highlights or the other way around. Strands soft as silk, her hair is slightly wavy and reaches just below her shoulders. Her hairstyle seems to always be changing, almost as if she can't decide how she likes it and is forever experimenting. Her features are fair and delicate, with pale skin and large gray eyes, her lips are full and slightly pouting.

Taya is usually seen wearing a light grey suede jacket with a black cropped top underneath, soft leather gloves adorn both of her hands. A simple pair of jean shorts with a dark grey belt is finished with a pair of black thigh high stockings and knee high boots. At a height of five feet, the heels tend to add a gratuitous few inches to her short frame. Around her neck, a pendant the same color of her hair is always seen. While her clothing may change from time to time, the pendant will always hang from its silver chain. Patterned with a swirl around the thin cylinder, the bottom is engraved with a trio of circles.

When using any of her abilities, Taya's appearance changes slightly. Sea-green hair bleaches to a silver-white, shoulder length strands lengthening dramatically as it reaches down her back in soft waves, stopping just below waist length. Grey eyes slowly glow to a pupil-less light green.

Personality: Always with a ready smile on her lips, at first glance Taya may come off as pleasant, bubbly, and perhaps even a bit childish at times. She wears this outer persona like a glove, and seems to have plenty more hidden away. When not 'working', she tends to be brooding somewhere or staring listlessly at the dreary landscape. All liveliness that she usually displays gone, replaced by an apathetic individual just waiting for the time to pass.

Biography: It is said that as long as there has been a Prince and Seraphim standing on opposing sides in Purgatory, so there has been an Iurus Formator. There are stories that say the Oath Maker stood in between the two factions, hindering them. Other versions claim that there had been times when the Oath Maker had sided with one or the other. Stories such as these are rampant as many continue to speculate of just what exactly the Oath Maker's motives are - if there are any at all.

All that is truly known, is that the Oath Maker will grant wishes and requests of any kind. However, the price is steep and many never truly find happiness or satisfaction in the results of the completed transaction. The other fact known is more of an assumption, the idea that the Oath Maker serves as a judge of sorts. An eternal spectator to the struggles within Purgatory, the Oath Maker seems to know when one is about to Rise or Fall, know when one's life is near its end, know when a soul is about to be wiped out forever...

(Known only to Taya herself) Oath Makers come and go with time though there is only ever one at a time. Taya knows nothing about the previous Iurus Formator save for the fact that they held the same position, the same job, the same ability of granting a wish or request. But why? She doesn't know.

Through the years she has spent in Purgatory, slowly she has begun to unravel a few mysteries of her own. When the previous Oath Maker had passed on, she had been chosen from the plethora of new souls entering Purgatory. Souls that had never been given a chance at life, souls whose lives had been cut short, souls with a strong will to live and survive. The soul of an aborted baby, Taya opened her eyes for the first time in her life and was greeted by the grey skies of Purgatory. She has never known childhood, having woken up as she is now - fully grown into womanhood.

She knew things that she could not have known and eventually settled on the vague assumption that these thoughts and abilities had been passed down to her from the previous Iurus Formator. The only thing she did not know was how her predecessor had managed to escape the eternal cycle of Purgatory.

Abilities:

Iurus Formator - Given the role of the Oath Maker, Taya has abilities unique only to herself.

• Seal of Wishes: For the right price, Taya will grant a wish or request that is brought to her. This may vary from taking years (life), an ability, or an offer that will pay in 'equal' price the request she is granting. When sealing a deal, Archon is used as a mark of the contract.
• Eye of Antithesis: Able to see how much life a Nephilim has left to offer. Also able to see the amount of, or lack of, humanity a Nephilim possesses. If any Cherubs or Infernals have racked up any Mana against themselves, she is also able to see just how close they are to an ultimate death at the hands of their leaders.
• Omnipresent: Just as how the Seraphim and Prince are omnipresent, it is not uncommon to have sightings of the Oath Maker in various locations at the same time.

Major Ability -
• Aura of Aversion: With the use of this ability, those who mean harm to Taya will find themselves losing the will and desire to do so. If one were to concentrate very hard, or if the desire to kill is that strong, then they will find it extremely difficult to follow through on the actions but it certainly is not impossible.

Minor Ability - Archon. The pendant she always wears is the 'stamp' that is used to seal a contract. When used, she stamps the bottom of the pendant and brands a mark (trio of circles, as shown in our game icon). The mark must be placed on bare skin, though it quickly fades after the initial burn causing some to wonder if the event had truly occurred.
• Besides being the stamp used for Seal of Wishes, Archon also has a secondary ability of being able to extend into a staff. Occasionally, an extended blade of energy may be formed at the end and thus the staff is similar to that of a scythe. However, while the staff itself may be used in combat if needed, the scythe does no physical harm to others. Archon's scythe is only effective in taking away life/ability/etc that had been offered in return for the granted wish.

Flaws:

Seal of Wishes - While Taya is able to grant the wishes and requests of others, she is unable to do so for herself.

Vulnerability - Besides Archon's staff, Taya is quite literally physically vulnerable. She does not possess any combat abilities to boot and thus can only rely on the fact that she is the only one who can grant any request (for a price) or hope that her Aura of Aversion is enough to keep danger away.

Envy - Having been denied the joys of life, Taya resents the fact that the only world she has ever known is merely a shadow of the reality. She is jealous of the Nephilim and even the Cherubs and Infernals who had once lived and died on Earth.

Curiousity - Despite her envy of those who had once enjoyed life on Earth, Taya is overcome with curiosity about Earth, its lifestyle, and its residents. She wants to know everything about them, wants to understand every aspect of it, though many times this just leads to her envying their good fortune yet again as she wishes and dreams of living a life that many categorize as 'mundane' at best.

Neutrality - Due to her position between the factions, Taya finds herself walking a thin line at all times as she attempts to stay on the sidelines of the brewing battles. While she herself is neither 'good' nor 'evil', there are times when she finds herself a target of either side when labeled a hindrance. All in all, she is powerful and dangerous in her own way and while some may want to sway her, there will always be others who would rather destroy her.

Profile may be edited from time to time as I flesh her out more. But for now this should do.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Lady Kitsune

Nice ones, My and Remi.

Minerva, approved.

Welcome to the Host.  ;)
I am working on it, I swear!

minerva7790

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on November 14, 2010, 12:18:41 AM
minerva7790, I think Kirinis is in the process of editing his character but we will see what happens. =) For now, I would say that your Cherub looks good. Definitely a nice balance of showing how 'angels' are still 'human' or Nephilim in this case. Just wanted to note that Infernals/Cherubs may not necessarily know (in character) if they have gained a Mana point or not, and how close they are to four. Sort of like how the Nephilim don't know the exact amount of their humanity and which way it's going. Characters may be aware that they have done so and so but will find out for certain where exactly they are when an event occurs to inform them of it. Such as the Arch Angels visiting with a warning for three Mana points.

-also stamps minerva7790's forehead with her approval-

Wow, you summarised up my character even better than I ever could! Hehe, thanks!

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on November 14, 2010, 02:34:50 AM
Minerva, approved.

Welcome to the Host.  ;)

Thank you, Lady! I will not disappoint you.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Drake Valentine

And edited in first segment to Shenovi's history. It will be expanded bit further upon later. *Needs sleep now, has to get up in few hours for work.* (Oh noessss)

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Kirinis

Here's Saziel, Electric Boogaloo Edition with 100% less pronoun trouble.

Name: Saziel

Faction: Angel

Angelic/Demonic Status: Archangel

Appearance: An androgyne always garbed from neck to toe completely in loose clothing betraying not a cue that might give indication of what Saziel's true gender affiliation.  As for speech, Saziel has yet to utter a word, letting their silent presence and a sort of readable body language serve as a effective substitute.  In general Saziel's demeanor and the tone of "voice" implies that Saziel gravitates towards a masculine identity.

Personality: Some may be glib about just what Saziel represents as one of the two Hands of the Lady but such glibness cannot deny what he is.  Hope springs eternal and endures all trials and such is the way of Saziel.  Despite the impartial mien that Saziel presents in the line of duty, he believes firmly in the inherent good nature of humanity and will do much to cultivate and encourage it in them.

As such, he believes that all should given a chance to redeem themselves regardless of their standing.  Rendering final judgment against a target is an tragedy but sacrifices must be made for the greater good.  Saziel is frequently rebuked by his fellow Hand for his laxity in dealing with Demons.  He believes that because of their once human nature they still can be turned away from the Prince instead of being destroyed for what they are now.

Biography: The unresting and immutable hand of the Lady, Saziel is renowned for his persistence and inexorability in carrying out her wishes.  The secret to his behind his persistence is the endless wellspring of hope that fuels his body and spirit to persist until the last human soul has been turned.  His time occasionally in the world has only reinforced his belief that all people are inherently good.

Grace/Wickedness:

Major Ability: Indomitable Form: In the course of his duty, Saziel will persist to ensure the Lady's will is carried out.  As such she can withstand an enormous deal of physical damage that would slay any one lesser and rapidly heal if given a chance.  However even one such as Saziel can be slain but death is merely something that postpones judgment.  If slain, Saziel recorporealizes within a fortnight to continue his duty.

Minor Ability: Iron-Clad Temperance: As part of Saziel's nature, he is immune to all matters of persuasion short of a direct order by the Seraphim that contravene its orders or directives.  Saziel cannot be dissuaded or distracted from its holy imperatives.

Flaws:

Eternal Optimist: Saziel cannot conceive of betrayal, it is simply not within his nature.  Any violation of his trust is construed as merely an occurrence caused by a temporary defect as human nature is capable of occasionally erring.  As a consequence he will often stay his hand in final judgment if not explicitly ordered by her Lady.  Likewise he is trusting of anyone who claims to have turned a leaf no matter how valid or invalid their claim may be.

Interventionalist:  It is a poorly held secret that Saziel has a soft spot for humanity and he cannot reject a plead from anyone who asks of him to do something.  Former humans such as Cherubs and Infernals are allowed only one such request for despite their inhuman nature, he will not refuse their human soul one final request.  However the orders of his Lady take primary priority.

So Say The Lady: Unknown to Saziel although in his heart he suspects it to be true, the Lady Seraphim has absolute dominion over him.  If the Lady so wills Saziel to die, Saziel will automatically be struck down no matter how far he may be away from the Lady.  The resurrection ability of Indomitable Form will not protect him as he cannot refuse an order from the Lady and she will not return.

Terminal Sanction: An curious defect in Saziel's Temperance, as long as he carrying out his Lady's direct will his personality completely changes.  His heart becomes hard as flint and he will refuse to help any other in need of his assistance if it is not related to his Lady's order or a request from one human soul.

Lady Kitsune

Esoteric Myobi

Annd, it looks like we have our cast! We'll start the game once the GMs have managed to get their threads together. In the meantime, please take this chance to plot amongst yourselves. Subplots are highly encouraged, or just character interactions in general will help as well.

For those who have expressed interest and have not posted up a character sheet yet, worry not. New players can easily join the game at any time. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jago

Name:  Clemenza Amichevole
Preferred Faction:  Angel

Appearance:  Father Clemenza Amichevole is a large, solid man.  He is hearty, robust, and slightly rotund.  He is built like a linebacker and has the appetite to match.  His eyes are creased with crow's feet from his signature smile and infectious laughter.  He is a good-natured, jovial caricature of life's optimistic indulgence.

Personality:  Clemenza is Italian.  He his kind-hearted, good-natured, and convivial.  He is a gregarious extrovert who, in life, was both respected father-figure and role-model.  Admittedly, he was a gourmand and tempered his appetites with moderation.  Lent, as you can imagine, was particularly difficult.  Father Amichevole was devoted though not necessarily devout.  He believed in the inherent goodness of the human-spirit.  When the designs of the church were aligned with and attuned to the people then so too was Clemenza.  When the designs of the church diverged then so too did Clemenza.  The upturned corners of his mouth were permanently creased in an all-enveloping smile that could disarm even the most hardened criminal.  Optimistic, cheerful, staunch, proud, jovial, and kind are words that describe this man well.

Biography:  Clemenza Amichevole was born in Catania in 1948 on a small farm to a provincial farmer and his Sicilian wife.  His father, Paulo, had renounced the city-life and fled to the country, to Sicily, to make his name on the peace of olive branches.  Clemenza was schooled in town before leaving home at seventeen for Palermo.  He attended college and earned a degree in Philosophy before setting out for Tripoli.  He spent a few years at a mission there, then ventured deeper into northern Africa.  He ended up settling in Sardinia and attending seminary college.  When he graduated there he headed back to Tunis and traveled the Mediterranean coast of Africa.  Always a loner, Father Clemenza was at home on the road and in foreign places.  It was then, during his travels, that he felt his energies were truly being put to good use.  He helped bring education, medicine, and religion to people whose governments allowed them to starve, ail, and stagnate.  The rewards were more than worth the risks.

Clemenza never felt the need to settle down.  He never had the urge to put down roots, to ground himself with a permanent flock and congregation, or to stop traveling.  Seeing the world was a reward in and of itself.  He traveled through the baltics, the northern wastelands of Russia, Siberia, Mongolia, Manchuria, and eventually found himself on the Western coast of the Pacific Ocean.  He made his way south through Formosa, Macau, Singapore, Phuket, Bangkok, Jakarta, and fell in love with Manila harbor.  He stayed in the Philipines for a few years while making forays into the South Pacific and island hopping with the locals.  The reverberations of war resounded in the hearts and minds of people everywhere.

Father Clemenza Amichevole met his untimely demise in a small, grass hut in a remote village on an unnamed island.  Its aborigines had never known clothing let alone penicillin.  He had unwittingly stepped on a broken bamboo chute.  After three days of fever and infection he left this world behind.  With no family to speak of, no living relatives, or even any remnants of his passing save for a bible, a cross, a soiled brown robe, and a fertilized zygote.

Abilities:

Time...it's on my side - Clemenza doesn't age normally.  As opposed to growing older in Purgatory, as time elapses, he actually gets younger.  Spending extended periods of time with the joyous soul can actually slow the aging process.  Although the aging will never stop altogether the effects are both tangible and noticeable.

Life of the party - His joie de vivre and zest for life define his character.  His fun-loving nature is infectious and anyone in his company will soon find himself adopting and embracing the same excitement and happiness.  Anyone who shares in the mirth and merriment will undoubtedly find it difficult to leave behind.

Flaws:

Know when to say "when" - A good time is just too good to pass up.  Clemenza has difficulty with moderation.  He has an incredible constitution so indulging in food and drink do little to slow him down but he can also lack restraint when exerting himself to the brink of exhaustion.

Too good to be...untrue? - His benevolent nature is often blind and naive.  Clemenza might be criticized for his occasional inability to see the forest between the trees.  Seeing hidden motivations, sensing the true nature of a situation or a person, and getting a good-read on the outcomes of his or others' actions can be very difficult.

...it does a body good! - If it feels good, tastes good, smells good, etc. then Clemenza will do it, try it, eat it, and likely indulge in it.  Excessively.  His pleasures are of the physical variety and he has a particular weakness resisting temptation.  Nothing is off-limits.  His curiosity is as insatiable as his appetites.

Truth be told - Clemenza's conscience is terribly honest.  He is quite literally unable to lie, cheat, steal, or subversively hide his motives or otherwise guard himself.
- I create a world of joy through authentic connection, empathy, and healing.

- The kindest thing you can do for someone is to believe in him. Most people don’t need your help; they just need a little support to believe in and help themselves.

O/O - What makes me tick? -- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27522.0

Plots / Pilots -- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31201.0

Esoteric Myobi

-gives Jago the Myobi stamp of approval-

Now you just need another to make a pair. =)

Also, the OOC Thread is now ready to be used and abused!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jago

- The kindest thing you can do for someone is to believe in him. Most people don’t need your help; they just need a little support to believe in and help themselves.

O/O - What makes me tick? -- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27522.0

Esoteric Myobi

Quote- - - - - For those Interested - - - - -

••• Applications will not be a first come first serve basis. Characters must first be approved by at least two of the three GMs. We are looking for players with a certain level of literacy as well as a consistent post rate. As such, we ask that players provide enough in a post to give others plenty to work with in response. An estimate of 4-5 paragraphs regularly.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jago

Ah, I knew that but didn't get your reference to a "pair."  Consider me enlightened.

<----feels lighter already

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray!...I mean, oh noes!

-grabs hold of Jago's legs so he doesn't go floating off like a misplaced balloon-

:P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Approved, Jago and Welcome!

Clemenza, Clemenza...I see Untouchables but I keep flashing the Godfather. LOL,silly me.

Oooo, OOC thread!  *hurries in case she is late* 

Jago

Remiel

Hey guys! Great posts so far, everyone!  ;D

I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that Divine Misdemeanours (or at least my vision of it) isn't about the angels and the demons so much it's about the humans.

That's right, you heard me.  It's about the humans (or Nephilim, as Myobi and Kitsune call them). It's not about who has more power than who, or which archangel or demon lord is the most badass.  That's not the point of the setting.  The point of the setting is that, whatever else it is, Gilead is a city, with people more or less going about their lives as best they can.  Yes, there are agents of darkness and the Divine there, and yes, they're given a bit more free reign to do what they wish than they would otherwise have had on Earth, but that doesn't mean they get to blow up city blocks and slaughter everyone they come in contact with.

There are rules in Gilead, and even the Prince and the Seraph have to follow them.  One of these rules is that they cannot force or compel any Nephilim to do anything they do not want to.  They can tempt, yes; they can use guilt, or shame, or appeal to someone's greed or lust or whatever, but they can't just show up, all guns blazing.  After all, if a mortal dies without going to one side or the other, they'll just show up again the next day.  Pointless.

Similarly, if you draw too much attention to yourself, if you make too much noise, you're going to attract the attention of the Powers That Be, and that's probably not going to end well for you.

DM is supposed to be a human story, a story about humans--why are we what we are? What drives us?  How much would we sacrifice to save those we love?  How far would we go to get what we want?  What, ultimately, is our soul worth? 

The humans in DM are the stars of the show.  The demons and the angels are just background players.  I'd like everyone to keep that in mind.

Thank you.
Remiel, co-GM

Writersblockade

*salutes* I agree with that sentiment, Remiel! Now...that being said, would you kindly post that on the OOC board as well? It'll make for interesting discussion perhaps!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

twistedlace

Quote from: Remiel on November 23, 2010, 07:48:14 PM
. . . . .

Similarly, if you draw too much attention to yourself, if you make too much noise, you're going to attract the attention of the Powers That Be, and that's probably not going to end well for you.

DM is supposed to be a human story, a story about humans--why are we what we are? What drives us?  How much would we sacrifice to save those we love?  How far would we go to get what we want?  What, ultimately, is our soul worth? 

The humans in DM are the stars of the show.  The demons and the angels are just background players.  I'd like everyone to keep that in mind.

Thank you.
Remiel, co-GM

Absolutely agreed.  Part of the reason I took the arch angel position because I didn't WANT to be a star player in this.  Just remember boys and girls, eat your vegetables and save your souls or Vorianne will be paying you a visit :P

Esoteric Myobi

Notice has been reposted in the OOC. Please bring the discussion there, thanks! ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~