DC/Gothic/Victorian Heroes: London By Gaslight

Started by BlackStone, June 16, 2021, 08:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

I can be down with that.   Also just to let folks know I have been in the hospital since Thursday.  Hopefully be hope on Tuesday.   It does explain my short and infrequent responses.   Once I am home we will becsending out any minor edits to sheets we would like for you to make and get some game threads up for people.

Tinkertoy

Quote from: BlackStone on June 19, 2021, 02:57:55 PM
I can be down with that.   Also just to let folks know I have been in the hospital since Thursday.  Hopefully be hope on Tuesday.   It does explain my short and infrequent responses.   Once I am home we will becsending out any minor edits to sheets we would like for you to make and get some game threads up for people.

Please take good care of yourself, Mister B. We will all still be here when you are ready to go, till then, get some rest and some prime recuperation.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

BlackStone

I don't want rest, I want prime rib or a loaded meat lovers pizza!!!

*grumbles*

BlackStone

I hope to have something going here this weekend for people to post too.

BlackStone

Lady Lunarius

Just peeking in to keep up with the thread and see if I'm up for it later on.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

BlackStone

Crensler

Crensler

Sorry for the double post, but here she is ^w^

Hero Name: Raven

Identity: Rowena Rothchild

Secret or Public Identity: Secret

Origin of Powers: Half demon biology and mystical training.

Description (Appearance):
Reference Image
Raven is a fairly tall woman, only an inch shy of six feet, with long, lustrous black hair and deep blue eyes.  When she uses her powers, however, those eyes turn crimson red, almost like the color of fresh blood.

Personality: In public Raven is polite, reserved, soft spoken, and acts the proper lady just like she should.  She hates it, of course, but she doesn’t want to draw attention to herself in her day to day life.  When she’s allowed to shed the Rowena persona, however, she turns into a confident, snarky, takes no bullshit from anyone, mystical powerhouse that knows how to wear a scandalously revealing dress.  Sex is as much of a weapon as anything else, after all, though the first time she put it on she turned as red as a ripe tomato.

Powers: As a half demon, Raven is both stronger and tougher than the average human being, able to withstand blows that would otherwise seriously injure others.  Her physical strength is on a tier just above your everyday human as well, but she’s no Wonder Woman; no lifting cars here, folks.

She is also both a telempath and a sorceress of no small skill.  She is limited to an extent, of course, but she has a wide variety of abilities at her disposal.  The downside, however, is that she can only access two of these powers at a time, as she is constrained by her mortal body's ability to handle such energies within its fragile, fleshy shell.  However, these abilities can be swapped out thanks to the meditation techniques that Azar taught her, so with two hours notice she can change them to suit a looming situation depending on what she's going to face.  These abilities include, but are not limited to: energy projection, her accessing and using her Soul Self, telekinesis, telepathy, empathic healing, and even the power of flight.

Special Skills and Background Perks: Thanks to her upbringing and training, Raven is a skilled botanist and alchemist, using her Rowena persona to open an apothecary with the money she was given by her mentor.  She’s not personally wealthy, but she’s well off enough that she can be comfortable in her day to day life.  She’s also a decent hand to hand combatant, having been forced to learn to fight in order to survive the first few weeks of flight from what had once been her home.

Special Equipment: The Ajna Chakra - A gem embedded in Raven’s forehead.  It acts as a focus for her powers and aids in her efforts to control her darker side through meditation and stringent control of her own emotions.

The Pendant of Azar - An amulet gifted to her by the Sage Azar; it hides her from the eyes of the Church of Blood.  Otherwise they could track her with relative ease.

Brief History: Raven was once from a family of considerable status, her father a player in the great game of politics and her mother an avid socialite, seeking to aid her husband however she could.  She was raised by nannies and, occasionally, her mother, and taught everything they felt she should know as a proper young lady.  It turned out, however, that this idyllic life was, in fact, a mask worn by her parents to disguise their true motives.

On the day she turned eighteen, Raven discovered that her eyes were glowing bright red and she sported an extra pair of them upon her brow.  When she screamed in fear and horror at her reflection, her parents, who had expected this day for quite some time, came to offer her comfort.  She should not be afraid, they told her, for she was blessed by her lord father Trigon.  Her father wasn’t actually her father, simply the man chosen to help raise her, while her mother had been chosen by Trigon to bear his seed and give birth to the chosen one.  Raven was overwhelmed and with a second scream, this one shattering the windows, she vanished into darkness.

The first use of her powers, uncontrolled and instinctual as it was, left her in the middle of nowhere.  While she tried to find civilization, the Church of Blood, the cult that her “parents” belonged to, used their rituals and her blood to track her down.  Three weeks of running and fighting for her freedom followed, until one day a woman, an enemy of the Church of Blood, found her and spirited her away.  This woman was the Sage Azar, the latest in a long line of mystics who have fought the Church for centuries.  The Sage took Raven under her wing, teaching her how to control her powers, suppress her demonic heritage, and gifting her with an amulet that would hide her from the Church’s eyes.

Azar instructed her to go to London, claiming to have seen a vision of Trigon’s throne rising above the city’s ashes.  Reluctant as she was to leave the safety of Azar’s sanctum, Raven obeyed her mentor’s wishes.  She was given enough money to set up a business as an apothecary/pharmacist, and the skills she’d learned from Azar would be of use in this regard.  Now Raven hunts the wicked of London, all while doing her best to stay out of the sight of the Church of Blood.  Of course if she’d known just how far reaching the Church’s grasp truly was, she never would have agreed to move to London in the first place.

Played by: Crensler

Plot Hooks The Church of Blood - a bunch of idiots that decided it’d be a great idea to worship a demon lord and try to bring him across the dimensional barriers into our reality.  Unfortunately this particular group of idiots is a powerful one, with influence in many countries in Europe, including key members of the British parliament.  Raven is the key to their plans, and so they will stop at nothing to get her back.

The Crusaders - Descendants of the crusade that was butchered by those who would become the Church of Blood.  They want Raven dead because they don’t want Trigon crossing over.  Since she objects to being killed, of course, they come into conflict with one another as a result.

Miroque

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

BlackStone

Indeed system free game with room for players

Crensler

Alright, I have edited Raven and hope she passes muster now.

Miroque

Thanks for the quick answer. Have agood game ;)