Slay That Dragon! (Interest Check)

Started by bubby, May 08, 2011, 01:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ofDelusions

Quote from: Kaiten on May 10, 2011, 11:35:05 AM
What if I made a dragon, who rebelled, used to slay his own kind for riches, took over a small kingdom and is now royalty? Or something of the like? Sounds silly, but I could pull off a serious bio like that.

Shouldn't he be a sorcerer too then?  :D

Kaiten

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kaiten on May 10, 2011, 12:02:00 PM
Don't tempt me  ;)

Well, not neccesary sorcerer. As my char can take humanoid form and he does not know how cast fireball ;). But sorcery would be nice addition to king. Make business also with his scaled kind by making elixirs.

Insatiably Bored

any chance you have room left for another Dragon?
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

AndyZ

Working on a blue frost dragon but the muse hasn't sat in my lap yet.

Insatiably, this only got put down yesterday.  There's all kinds of room.  Hop in!
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kaiten

I actually was asking a viable question, not making fun :P

bubby

Ok gang! OMG this is awesome all the interest everyone is showing!

@Zaer, your fix is perfect, thank you.

@Dragondancer: OMG you KNOW you are more then welcome! We need more women anyway, and if you'd like to play Royalty and/or Sorceress you're more then welcome!

@Kaiten: I want to keep humans as humans. It is why they need/want the elixirs. Having a mix breed makes the need of dragon parts redundant. If you want to be a Royal or sorcerer no problem, maybe even mix those two, burt no dragon heritage.

So here's the list so far:

Dragons:
Me, Peace thatPowerbrings, Zaer, ofDelusions, AndyZ

Slayers
Drakan, and Urbanzorro

Royalty/Sorcerer
Inflateress*Princess*, Techn0logic*King*(?),Dragondancer*Sorceress*(?)

I need to make this game even I'm thinking. SO...1 more dragon, 4 more slayers, and an evening out of the Royalty and Sorcerers. I am shooting for having an OOC with opening page up by this weekend, complete with pics and names of places for our 'world' and such. I'll try to do all this in a timely manner I swear!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO PM ME THE CODE ON HOW TO MAKE THAT NIFTY ' SPOILER/SHOW/HIDE' THINGY!!!!

inflatetress

Here is your naughty/mean Princess, hungry for dead dragons!

Name: Princess Elsa
Type of Character: Royal, Princess
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

outfit
http://lingeriessentials.com/viewitem.php?productid=2

shoes
http://seductionextreme.com/Catalog.asp?PC=PL-XTC842/B

She also has white thigh-high stockings and a dagger tucked into them.

History: Princess is Elsa is the wicked seed of an otherwise kind and honorable noble family.  She feels her father the King is too benevolent and is excited to inherit the crown so that she can rule with more of an iron fist.  Princess Elsa has long considered Dragons a serious threat and horrid beasts that need to be destroyed, she sees them as a threat to her kingdom but also seeks to collect their parts so that her royal Sorcerers can brew new and exciting potions for her.

Personality: Elsa is spoiled, and cruel at heart.  However, she is very good at being charming and seductive and has the ability to hide her true self quite well.

Strengths&Weaknesses: Despite her ability to disguise her true feelings most of the time, Elsa is over all quite a bimbo.  Her bigoted hatred of almost everyone else also puts her in a position of underestimating those that could cause her serious harm.  Her biggest strength is the large amounts of man power she has access to.

Kaiten

Oh I didn't mean heritage. I meant perhaps a slayer who is possibly a dragon. Cause you know you make more money that way if you can sell all the stuff you get, rather than have to use a portion of your loot on yourself. I liken it to a person who would sell out his own family for money.

Insatiably Bored

well, if no else has already, would you mind if I go ahead and call dibs on that last placement for a dragon character?
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

AngelicBlade

Name: Volenok Gushakith

Type of Character: Slayer

Appearance:
Volenok without his heavy armor and weapons.

History: Volenok was born in a barbarian camp some where in a scorched forest, his father was the chief of the clan while his mother was a captured noble being held for ransom by the babarians. Three weeks  after his birth the barbarian camp with slaughtered by the noble's father and his men. The young noble woman's father was outraged when he discovered his daughter was no longer a virgin and had the bastard child of some savage and ordered her to throw him off the wall. The daughter refused, even though Volenok was a bastard child of a barbarian she still loved him. The noble woman's father gaven after a while and let the boy stay with the servents. As Volenok grew he started to work out and hone his skills as a warrior so that his granfather would accept him. At the age of seven Volenok start to train with a knight of the kingdom who saw potential in the boy. The knight asked the noble igf Volenok could travel and train with him. Volenok's grandfather agreed and Volenok packed a few cloths and was given a cloak for when he grew. Volenok said his goodbyes too his mother and set off with the knight. As Volenok grew he was put threw harder tasks and more brutal training. At the age of fourteen Volenok was left in the wilds for a week to learn survival skills. After a week had pasted the knight returned to find Volenok wearing wolf skins to keep warm and had a make shift and arrows. The knight was pleased and decieded to offically make Volenok his squire. At the age of nineteen Volenok was knighted and he was sent to aid the knight that had trained him for so long. When Volenok arrived at the village he was suppost to meet the kngiht he only saw smoke an rubble. He found the knight laying face down in a puddle of blood and a dragon's claw sticking out of his back. Volenok swore to slay every last dragon to avenge the man he saw as a father. At the age of twenty he slew his first dragon and had it's scales made into armor and weapons fro him. Volenok slew another dragon at the age of twenty five. He cut the eyes from it's head and had them put into his armor. He came upon another village  the was under attack by a red dragon. He killed that dragon and cut the horns from it and put them on his helm as a trophey then used it's teeth and claws to decorate his shield and armor. Volenok helped a mage from a group of bandits. In return she imbued his sword with lightning so he could better protect himself and others. Now at the age of twenty eight Volenok hunts for a silver dragon so he can call himself the greatest slayer in the world.

Personality: Volenok is accually a kind hearted person and helps any and everyone he can. He has a deep hatered fro dragons because he thinks they kill the man he saw as a father and loved as one. He roams the land searching for signs of a silver dragon or sightings of one. He usually  doesn't do anything a noble or king asks but lately he has started going to them in hopes of being payed to kill a powerful dragon. Volenok is starting to become depressed with the live he has and when he fights he hopes that one may kill him.

Strengths&Weaknesses: He has no resistance to magic what so ever and it's very effective against him. He is also pretty slow because of the massive armor he wears. He had his sword imbued with lightning magic to give it extra damage when fighting.

AngelicBlade

I'm going to have him change from hating dragons to accually liking them. I hope I'll be able to explain in the RP.

Wyrd

Name:Jakob Sundagger
Type of Character:Dragon Slayer
Appearance:

Jakob with Armour

History: Jakob is the first and only son of the mysterious Eliza Moonsorrow, a Dragon rider that watched over the far northern settlements. Jakob grew up without ever knowing his father, his mother telling him he died before his birth. instead, he looked up to a man by the name of Mikkle Sundagger, a war hero from one of the near by Northmen villages. His mother told young Jakob to stay away from him and the other settlers, but with her always away with her dragon,(Whom Jakob saw even less then his mother) it was very easy to sneak off to learn the ways of the north from Mikkle. Mikkle took the young Jakob under his wing, teatching him how to hunt, how to fight with a sword and with his hands, how to fish and to cook his food and even the beliefs and ideology of the northerners. Mikkle told him many stories of the Dragons as well, tales passed down by generations of the terrible deeds done by the beasts to the peaceful people of the north. These unspeakable stories would leave the young Jakob somewhat traumatized and questioning whats right and wrong, and whether he could trust his mother.

On one chilly spring evening while out fishing with Mikkle, Eliza flew down with fury at what she saw and concluded that Mikkle must be conspiring against her. A heated argument between the three broke out and out of confusion and misunderstanding, Eliza's Dragon, Liara,  killed Mikkle with her blazing breath. In Jakob's blind rage and turmoil, he caught his mother off guard and ran Mikkle's dropped sword straight through the Dragons heart, killing the beast and coating the blade in emerald blood. As the dragon fell to the ground in a heap, Eliza was thrown off it's back and broke her neck when she hit the side of a tree. Jakob felt no sadness for the death of his mother, only the realization of truth in Mikkle's stories and teachings. After giving his mentor and only father figure a burial, he used the knowledge given to him to strip the dead she-dragon of her skin and limbs, claws, teeth and horns to construct some sort of armor and a small boat. He never thought he would have it in him to rip apart his mother's dragon for building material,  he only felt need to spread the teachings of the north to all those who would listen and to do what he could against the dragon and dragon rider scourge. And so, without any word to anyone about what had transpired, he took as much equipment from his and his mother's settlement as he could and road the rivers towards the south, in search of some sort of meaning to his life, he cared little for his past life as Jakob Moonsorrow, son of Eliza Moonsorrow, no, he was now Jakob Sundagger, son of the great Mikkle Sundagger.         

PersonalityJakob may bare the appearance of some noble hero for all but he is actually very indifferent to others for fear of losing anybody that gets close to him like he did when Mikkle was taken from this earth. He has been know at times to be contracted by nobles and royalty to hunt criminals.

Jakob is very loyal to the kings and queens of the land. For he believes most of them share his view on dragons and people who stand by them. But he is no way evil, but he is misguided.

Everyday Jakob fights and kills a dragon his overall sanity spills like the blood of the beasts he slays. He wants to to good by passing on the stories of dragons corruption, but a strange lust for blood rather then peace always finds its way into the troubled mind of the slayer.     

Strengths&Weaknesses: When the blood of Eliza's dragon drenched the blade of Mikkle's sword, it infused it with part of it's very being, making the bade able to pierce the scales of any dragon and in some cases poison their blood. His armor is much stronger and lighter then that of normal plate, but is not as strong as a living dragon's scales.

Jakob may seem like he would have no chance one on one with a dragon, but during his times with Mikkle he was told where and how to strike a dragon to gain the upper hand, and even ways he could use his small size to confuse and out maneuver one of the beasts. Jakob is a professional and one of the most employed slayers in the land.

Jakob is an amazing spear fighter, often choosing his spear over his emerald blade in the heat of battle. He finds it's much more effective to keep some distance between him and his enemy, especially dragons. his spear and shield skills are famous in the land 

A few years ago while hunting beasts near the western coast, he was very badly injured in his right knee. Jakob now walks with a slight limp but still tries his best to be strong and never show it. 
Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

AngelicBlade. I didn't notice your guy when I made mine. They seem similar is some aspects, so if you want me to change some things about my Char let me know. Or, if you're interested, maybe we could work something out for in game with our Characters. 
Ragtime Dandies!

bubby

Thanks for all the prompst on the Spolier thingy guys.

@AngelicBlade: The character looks great!   However, you have no weakness that I see. MUST have a weakness!

@Inasatiably Bored: Ok. You get the last Dragon. Congrats!

@Kaitan: Ok. Though I need 1 more Slayer, the only way I'd accept your slayer being dragon, would be if he was never in that form. If he had maybe foresworn his true nature? Could add to the story for sure. That work?

@Wyrd: Holy crap...... yummy

For everyone else who wants to play and hasn't chosen a character, I need Royalty and Sorcerers!

AngelicBlade

Ah, I suppose my weakness isn't that obvisuos in the character sheet. I shall change it. Though it was origonally the fact he'd do anything to save a human even let someone kill him. So I'll change it to something better.

AngelicBlade

And your character has a good backround. I think it's really good. You should keep it and maybe we can interact in the roleplay and exchange a few stories. Only if you want to of course.

Kaiten

Quote from: bubby on May 10, 2011, 04:18:22 PM
@Kaitan: Ok. Though I need 1 more Slayer, the only way I'd accept your slayer being dragon, would be if he was never in that form. If he had maybe foresworn his true nature? Could add to the story for sure. That work?

I had indeed planned that! ^^ But I had devised that it was more like, he'd keep it only if he needed to really use it and had no choice. Like Human 99% of the time, and 1% dragon. Cause obviously it's in his best intrests in the human community where he interacts that he stay human, but it's still an option if he had no other choice in combat.

bubby

Ok Kaitan, you are my last slayer then. BAM. So dubbed.

Kaiten

Kaiten XD

*Bows* Then I shall destroy for the good of my coffers!

bubby

*Puts her glasses on and peers at his name* ah yes...KaitEn...apologies. I'm an old lady and I just got off work. I R wore out.

......oh....been using an 'a' the whole time....SORREH...I still hold by the old lady part!  :-\

Kaiten

Heh heh. It's no problem. It's just that that particular change in the name can mean "Return to the grope" which is a bit...

I'll work on my Bio  :-)

bubby

*Chuckles* gotchya...wow...I need to work on my bio too. *head off to look for pics before bed*

Kaiten

Name: Azaremonten, or Azare (Ah-ze-rE) Stain of the Sky
Age: 1300s-1400s, Unsure, stopped caring. Appears Late 20s early 30s most of the time as a human.
Type of Character: Dragon Slayer, though is still actually an Obsidian Dragon
Appearance:
History:
To those who know of him, Azare is considered an acceptable slayer, that has lived an extended life, due to the consumption of a myriad of dragon hearts while somehow foregoing the obvious consequences of such things. Of course, that is the story to hide his true nature. Behind the facade of an experienced and long lived Dragon Slayer is secretly aged obsidian dragon.

As it was, Azare grew up completely alone in the belly of an active volcano. Not knowing who spawned him or why was of little consequence, and he often remarks that his mother was the volcano. The only thing he could rely on was himself and his ability to survive. So survive he did. He started off at rock bottom, hunting rats and small lizards that ran his way, till he was strong and large enough to take down wild beasts and eventually prey upon livestock. He became a formidable fighter of humans, but it wasn't till the day that he first tasted human blood and looted their riches did he find his calling. And with that, he raped and pillaged non-stop, stealing all the treasures and decimating areas to feed his lusts. It was of course not enough for him, and so he moved onto a large target; his own kind.

Looting his kind turned out to be dangerous, and his first sortie ended up with him flying, with barely two wings, away from a rather large nest of dragons. Unable to have an effective fire breath, he resorted to learning to be quite deadly with close range attacking. He soon gained notoriety, finding that stealing the riches from another dragon's horde was much more effective and soon gained a passion for it. Though... there was still not enough, there was never enough... until he found the perfect fit. Before, he would only harvest the meat of his kind for sustenance, not caring about cannibalizing his own kind. It soon became apparent to him though that the parts he didn't need were worth quite a lot to humans. And of course, since he wouldn't need to take trophies of the dragon's bodies, then he could make more than most slayers for every kill he made. It seemed like quite a lucrative idea and perfect to fill his horde.

Though it was just as risky as before and of course hard to adapt to, he effectively became a dragon slayer and assumed the role of a human. Forsaking his dragon side, he stayed in his human form, only changing to his dragon form in the most dire of circumstances, relying on good old fashion human weapons combined with his natural strength, in order to make sure none would know his secret and end business.

Personality: Incredibly opportunistic and ruthless, taking whatever opportunity and advantage that he can have, especially in a fight. Shameless, acting to his own ideals and not caring about personal honor. Is not above hunting, killing, or eating his own kind. Keeps a rather calm attitude, verging on arrogance.

Strengths&Weaknesses:
Strengths:
Dragon Strength - His dragon strength pours into his human form, allowing him to wield weapons that are usually unwieldy for humans and use them incredibly fast. It also allows him to augment his running and jumping abilities.
Tracker - Years of hunting as slayers has allowed him to track quite well.
Incredibly Sharp - Being an obsidian dragon makes his claws and spines extremely sharp and powerful.
Dirty Lightning - Having a rather volcanic body though an inability to breath fire has been a problem. But through practice, his volcanic breath can be charged into a dirty lightning blast, which though hard to adapt to his human form, became a useful weapon when he finally did.
Weaknesses:
Glass Cannon - Though strong, his obsidian nature has created a rather interesting nature, due to his brittleness. Though his fights are usually won with quick and powerful moves, any fight with multiple enemies or an extended fight with one or more opponents can bring him to a huge disadvantage... and quickly.
Cold - Something as simple as a cold his a huge factor for him. Though his volcanic nature keeps him quite warm, enough cold slows him down and effects his abilities; as his body uses more energy keeping him warm rather than fueling his powers.
Greed - Greed is possibly Azare's largest weakness, even stopping to pick up a single bit of money. Greed causes him to do plenty of things that others would see as shameful and in certain situations, go headlong into situations.
Notorious Identity -  Being hated in his dragon identity has cemented his reason to keep it secret. Wanting to keep his business flowing, he continually stays in human form, unless the need truly calls for it.

Urbanzorro

Name: Syrio Atradies
Type of Character: Slayer
Appearance:

History:
Some boys are born to be good, to lead others, and to better the world around them. These are the boys who grow to be men who have songs written about them. Who's lives are valued by everyone they meet, and who's passing is wept for by a thousand different eyes. Syrio Atradies was not one of these boys..... No he was a different kind of boy indeed, he was born with a talent for destruction, and a keen joy in causing it.  As he grew into manhood Syrio never lost his taste for destruction, violence, and chaos. In fact scenes of him tormenting another creature, and even destroying his brothers' possessions. Were rather common place.

As the fourth son of a noble lord Syrio knew from a young age that his inheritance would be small and inconsequential, assuming he got any at all. And so it was no real surprise that he seemed bound and determined to make his own reputation for himself. While his eldest two brother's learned to lead their father's lands, and his 3rd eldest brother became a priest. Syrio chose the path of the knight. He studied with every weapon he could, under every sword, bow, and spear master his father could hire. By the age of 19  he was ready to fight in any battle that his father would need him to.

As the next years past Syrio's life was a blur of battle after battle interspersed with the drudgery of everyday life. Whether he was putting down a peasant revolt, stopping the advance of a rival lord's forces into his father's lands, or simply 'accidentally' taking a tournament fight too far. Syrio always seemed to enjoy himself most when he was in battle. It was as if the man had found his perfect vice.

But as with all things of this nature eventually the rush Syrio felt began to dull, and dim, and all but disappear. Charging into a mob of fleeing men with his fellow knights at his side simply did not bring forth the same joy it had in the man's chest. In short he was beginning to grow bored. It was then that he set his eyes on bigger prey and began to hunt dragons.

Over the past few years he has managed to build up quite a reputation for himself. It is known far and wide that to hire Syrio Atradies is to almost guarantee that the beast you wish to see dead will die. But it is also known that you may not like the way that Syrio chooses to go about it or the price he demands. He has been known to do everything from using sending his employers' best warriors into a dragon's den as nothing more than bait, to burning entire fields and slaughtering herds simply to deprive his target of food and press it into desperate actions. 

Personality: Syrio is normally a reserved man, but he is quick to anger and has been known on may an occasion to start a fight rather than talk things out.

Strengths&Weaknesses: Strengths: Syrio is a master with almost every weapon a man can master, he is smart, and has a good mind for tactical and strategic level planning. Weaknesses: But he tends to be easily goaded at the thought of a challenge and can almost always be expected to bite off more than he should probably chew if he thinks it will be 'fun.'  He is also not very skilled in the ways of magic and prefers to simply rely on paying or strong arming others to provide what ever magics he needs.

Also...I kinda debated on using this image instead...any thoughts? ;)

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.