Interest Check: Generic Fantasy Inn

Started by Bliss, November 20, 2008, 11:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawg

Steampunked - oooo - I'm gonna so come into town in my giant spider like from Wild Wild West with balistas in place of cannons with my Kender Warhampster Elderitch Knight
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bliss

Steampunked... it's like if someone let Ashton Kutcher go in the Victorian era of an alt universe and gave him inventor credentials!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MagicalPen

Generic Fantasy Inn, not Generic Steam-whatever Inn. -_-

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Dawg

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 25, 2008, 07:59:30 AM
Generic Fantasy Inn, not Generic Steam-whatever Inn. -_-

Laughs - I'm with you MP, I was just joking around, although that power crossbow from Van Helsing - No Bad Dawg Down - Generic Fantasy
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

MagicalPen

The Machine Gun crossbow you mean? That's not generic fantasy at all.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Dawg

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 25, 2008, 08:04:29 AM
The Machine Gun crossbow you mean? That's not generic fantasy at all.
Duh, it's more Steampunk than Generic - joking around here  *Grabs MP in a headlock and gives him a noogey*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

GrinningHound

Can I be a peasant named Porter Plowsalot?

Or maybe someone less humble?  :P

Bliss

*snicker* Your character is up to you, Grinny.

Anyway... OOC thread is up!
Character Bios thread is up!

The more astute among you may notice they are currently locked. *grin* I want to get at the very least the initial descriptive posts for the Inn, the Cove, the Forest, and the Tower up before unlocking those.

Please see the Bios thread for what I am looking for from each participant prior to play; depth of description is up to you, but I want at the very least a decent mental image of you character, and his/her/its strengths and flaws.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MagicalPen

Do I get a bonus for being first character? :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MagicalPen

Done and done, Locke Lamora has arrived.

EDIT: Keep a hand on your purses!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Will

*starts a fanfare*  Let us migrate!!!  To the OOC!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Cherri Tart

i like this - i have a question, that might have been covered, but i might have missed it - is this just something we could bring someone into at anytime?  i mean, as in after it's been going on for a while? i envision just being able to walk onto the bar from out of the rain at some point and hanging up my cloak and cozying up to the bar, the mysterious stranger, full of tales should anyone care to buy me an ale :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Inkidu

Quote from: Cherri Tart on November 25, 2008, 12:08:07 PM
i like this - i have a question, that might have been covered, but i might have missed it - is this just something we could bring someone into at anytime?  i mean, as in after it's been going on for a while? i envision just being able to walk onto the bar from out of the rain at some point and hanging up my cloak and cozying up to the bar, the mysterious stranger, full of tales should anyone care to buy me an ale :)
I'm sure that's what Bliss had in mind.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Dawg

* Buys Cherri and Ale * Yes, anytime in the future you can just walk inn, that is my plan once things lighten up for me, so about those tails tales ....
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Aiden

Not to sound like a newbie...what is steampunk?

Silver

Quote from: Aiden on November 25, 2008, 12:14:09 PM
Not to sound like a newbie...what is steampunk?

Umm check back to page 5 I do believe Aiden.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Aiden

Dawg

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bliss

Quote from: Cherri Tart on November 25, 2008, 12:08:07 PM

Yes, this is definitely a game you can check into later; just like a real inn, it keeps going, even as patrons come and go. I imagine people might leave for adventures and return later with new stories to tell, and find other people have taken up residence in their absence, that sort of thing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cherri Tart

ok, count me in then! and i already have a character in mind - and no, i am NOT going to be a cat-girl hooker who sells her wares to anyone with a few coppers! :P 
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Kalen

MagicalPen

Quote from: Cherri Tart on November 25, 2008, 01:21:47 PM
ok, count me in then! and i already have a character in mind - and no, i am NOT going to be a cat-girl hooker who sells her wares to anyone with a few coppers! :P 

You're selling them for free instead?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Kalen

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 25, 2008, 01:23:17 PM
You're selling them for free instead?

*Kalen's eyes roll up, each iris now reading +TILT+*