Strange sensation in chest. (Medical inquiry)

Started by Nachtmahr, April 28, 2014, 03:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmahr

Hello there everyone!

For a long, long time now I've been having these strange sensations in the upper middle of my chest. It sort of just happens sporadically, and it feels like a sort of bubble popping, prompting me to take a deep breath, and then it's gone. I have some severe anxiety issues, and I haven't been able to find any satisfying information so far - Does it sound like simple Acid Reflux? Does anyone have any experience with that, or have anyone had similar experiences? These sensations appear harmless, but still prove to be somewhat uncomfortable.

So far, I wonder if it might be related to coffee, but I only drink some 2-3 cups a day.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Caeli

Nachtmahr, I don't suppose you've spoken with a doctor at all about these symptoms/sensations?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Nachtmahr

I have, but they sort of just passed it off, as I had more serious stuff to deal with at the time. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Oniya

Unfortunately, nobody can give a medical diagnosis over the Internet - not even someone with a medical degree.  I would recommend making a follow-up appointment now that the 'more serious stuff' has been dealt with and tell your doctor that you are concerned about these symptoms, and that having a diagnosis/explanation would probably go a long way considering your anxiety issues.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Maybe also try to get a second opinion on it by another doctor than the one that dismissed it earlier?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Pumpkin Seeds

There is simply no way to make such a diagnosis over the internet and is a pretty dangerous request in this situation.  Pain, discomfort or strange sensations in that area could be extremely important or nothing.  So making a guess here is simply irresponsible.  Another visit with your physician is probably your best bet.  Sorry there is really not much else that can be said.

Sindara

If you go to your doctor, they most likely will order a chest xray for any complaints dealing with the chest, then they'll go from there. Good luck, and I hope everything gets answered for you! ^-^ 
Ons and Offs.......