Adventure in the Ruins of Azlant (Pathfinder)

Started by Hexed, January 31, 2018, 09:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

It's because SHocking Grasp is LITERALLY the only first level electricity spell and I wanted a big gun for "boss fights".
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Hexed

^^

Hmmm.Okay. I think I'm gonna add a houserule!   When you learn a spell of a element you can choose to learn it in a different element instead. No need for feats/increased spellslots/etc. But you only get it for the element you chose.

Learn fireball as a cold spell and you can only cast coldball. It's kind of odd that there's not copies of each elemental spell in different elements. So lets fix that!

Angie

Quote from: Hexed on February 01, 2018, 10:52:06 PM
^^

Hmmm.Okay. I think I'm gonna add a houserule!   When you learn a spell of a element you can choose to learn it in a different element instead. No need for feats/increased spellslots/etc. But you only get it for the element you chose.

Learn fireball as a cold spell and you can only cast coldball. It's kind of odd that there's not copies of each elemental spell in different elements. So lets fix that!

I'd agree with this except for the fact that that is the Elemental Blooded Sorcerer's schtick. Dragons get a bonus for using their element, Elementals can sub their element for the "normal" one.

EDIT: The way it's written, it seems like elemental sorcerers can use either the normal element or swap in their element, so they still get a bonus of being able to use two elements for their spells. So I guess this works pretty well!

Hexed

Yep. Dug it up and looked at the elemental bloodline. So long as they don't choose a spell of their element they can swap elements on the spells. But really that's a problem they face already. A fire element picking fireball gets no other element after all. :D 

Angie

I'll roll with it. I'll take Lightning Hands, that might be fun.

Thorne

... well, you can bet Ice Spears is going on Naima's list as soon as she gets access. I will probably keep that one as ice, though; too useful that way. ^^;

Nobody will be having good days after Naima gets that spell. *chortle*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Angie

Maybe we should list what spells we're swapping out the elements for, so we know what rules to look up.

Thorne

Not a problem for me at present - the only direct damage spell I have on Naima's list right now is Ear-piercing Scream - and I need to double-check if Witches get Grease, because I might want to use all that left-over coin to buy her some more spells.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on February 01, 2018, 10:45:20 PM
*snip*
@Saric Yeah pathfinders treatment of the whip sucks. Going off memory since SRD is acting up but cleric and warpriest give proficiency with god/dess's weapon. But that still leaves the mastery feat that needs weapon focus to work. All for a weapon that's honestly not that great. Even if it's a neat image.

I'll need to dig that book out and poke more at these Obediences. They sound fairly neat. And yeah, that's really good for eroticish game.

*snip*

That's what I thought too. I mean knocking a breastplate loose is vastly different from shattering it to pieces so shouldn't penalize ya. Unless you're fighting a monk or something and they grab something sensitive that is.

Serra's going to be nasty in time to come.

Oh! This might come up sooner with the assortment so far. I like unusual tactics or well thought out stuff. Soak an enemy then zap them with lightning and I'll more then likely give some nice effect. Drop half a mountain on something and unless it's the Tarrasque or something crazy it's probably dead without rolls.
*snip*

I know right? Deals only non-leathal damage and doesn't hurt anyone with a +1 to armor? They do know it used to be used to execute people right? That properly used it cuts though leather like butter? And why is a whip an exotic weapon in the first place? I could see martial, even if simple would make more sense, but exotic? People use whips all the time! They were used for punishment on ships, for driving wagons and coaches, even moving cattle! So why exotic? And then they added the Scorpion Whip, which is a separate proficiency for no discernible reason, as a light exotic weapon when the normal whip is 1-handed! Why does adding a knife blade on the end make the whip smaller?!!! And why don't you threaten with a whip? You threaten with any other reach weapon, you threaten with a flail, but the whip doesn't?

And yeah Clerics and Warpriests get proficiency, Warpriests even get a free Weapon Focus in it. But to make a combat whip user you still need the mastery feats or proficiency in the scorpion whip and that's just ridiculous. For that matter why do Clerics and Warpriest get their deity's weapon but not paladins? You know the actual holy warriors of the church? It hurts my head some times...

The Obediences are really nice! Each deity has a different one, and most have an alternative way to do them if you're alone or something, and they each give you some kind of ability check or skill bonus for the day when you do them. Then if you take the Deific Obedience feat you can also start getting deity specific spell-like abilities and other 'boons' when you have enough hit dice. You get them at 12, 16, and 20HD and you get a choice. So to keep using Calistra for an example:
At 12HD you get Calistria’s Tongue (Sp) charm person 3/day, eagle’s splendor 2/day, or suggestion 1/day
At 16HD you get Stunning Touch (Su) When using the dazing touch power granted by the Charm domain, you can cause the creature touched to become stunned for 1 round instead of dazed. If you don’t have access to the Charm domain, you instead gain the ability to use the dazing touch power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifer, as listed in the ability; however, you only daze your opponents instead of stunning them.
And at 20HD you get Protective Grace (Ex) You may add your Charisma bonus to your AC while wearing light or no armor. This bonus applies
against touch attacks. Any condition that would cause you to lose your Dexterity bonus to AC also causes you to lose your Charisma bonus to AC.

All of this from one feat! That said if you miss your obedience for the day you loose all the bonuses until you can perform it again. So it's also one of the only feats you can fail. :P

Yeah that works! Although if a monk started grabbing her boobs Serra would start sex-fighting back and I'd probably ask if I could use her skill in Perform (Sexual Entertainment) in place of her BAB or CMB or something! :P

She is! I'm also looking forward to her Elemental Resistance revelation leveling up, since it stacks with all other sources, because by level 20 I should have resistance 25 in acid, cold and electricity and resistance 20 in fire, without any magic! >:)

Okay, cool! So if we hit someone with a cold spell and a fire spell back to back would we do bonus damage for the massive temperature change? Or should we expect more conditions then damage? Like if I douse someone with Create Water before Angie zaps them would they take a few extra points of damage or would they need to make a fort save vs being dazed? What about soaking them before a cold spell? Would dousing someone before a fire spell hits them reduce the damage but give everyone else concealment from them until they move? These are the kinds of evil thoughts GMs like you inspire in me! >:)
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Waldham

Hello,
what is the frequency for the posts ?

What is the limit to propose my candidature ?

Chulanowa

Alright. Home from work, bills paid, dinner eaten, pets in bed, and I have spare time. What to make!

Saric

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 02, 2018, 12:48:59 AM
Alright. Home from work, bills paid, dinner eaten, pets in bed, and I have spare time. What to make!

We don't seem to have a rogue, non-magical ranged dps, or tank
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Saric on February 02, 2018, 11:16:37 AM
We don't seem to have a rogue, non-magical ranged dps, or tank

Exactly the roles I was looking at.  ;D Also the question of male or female. Or somewhere in between? I'unno.

Saric

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 02, 2018, 11:21:19 AM
Exactly the roles I was looking at.  ;D Also the question of male or female. Or somewhere in between? I'unno.

I mean I skipped the question by making a futa, but I'd say it depends how much you want to get it on with the enemy? As I understand it, if we loose to humanoid enemies, and if you don't opt out, their more likely to capture and rape us then kill us, at least the first time. But Hexed doesn't do MxM and most modules are heavy on the male bad guys. On the other hand if you're the only male in the party you'll probably have first pick of whatever female badies we discover... not to mention most of the party! >:)

Which reminds me...

@Hexed: Are we going to be raped in place and just left there, or dragged home as sex slaves, or is it going to vary by encounter? And is the reverse also true? Are you willing to play the monsters getting beaten and raped by us? If so, would you be willing to house rule in easier non-lethal damage? Casters get Merciful Spell by default and can spontaneously add it to prepared spells, while spontaneous casters don't have to lengthen their casting time, while melee and ranged don't take any penalties to do non-lethal with their attacks. That kind of thing?

Hexed

In regards to the elementally changes spells probably easier to just list the spell as normal with the new element in parentheses. So it would be...   Fireball (cold)  on the spell list.

Lightning hands... electric burning hands... It's the Sith! Beware the Sith! :p

@Saric So true. I've seen a guy cut a unopened can of soda in half with a whip before. So the crap about they can't kill is ridiculous.  It gets worse. If you have a scorpion whip and both whip/scorpion whip prof only then can you use the scorpion whip as an actual whip. They are so strange about some stuff.

Damn those obediences are nice. And not like it's that hard for a priestess of Calistra to find someone to fuck. :p

That's actually a good question. It wouldn't be a fight but some odd seduction then. So yeah, probably could see that working. o.o  Seduction fights... huh.

That's a LOT of resistances to have as just base. O.O

Cold then Fire would probably just neutralize each other if only because not everything would be effected by that type of tactic. That said yeah a drenched foe getting zapped depends on the spell. Shocking grasp on a drenched foe will for instance just give the bonus to hit like it does for metal armor. Water and cold would be more damage most likely unless the spell claims absolute zero or something then it'd be a thin layer of ice for an entangle effect. Water and fire? It would have to be a ton of water for the steam to cloud vision although... NA might be ignored by such a spell. Steamed crabs are SO yummy after all.

@Waldham Post frequency I'm unsure about as RL happens. I will try to hold to a GM post every sat/sun pushing things further during combat and such. And possibly most situations. That said if all the turns are made/posts need answers I'll pop one out or OOC about a delay.

Candidacy limit...  Probably next weekend. O.o And people are popping up so I'll have to figure if just one group of five or two of four. And then sort/pick.  eep.

@Chulanowa Gender's your choice! Class too!  So long as it's something you'll have fun with. Just remember it's a starting up colony in an area full of ruins and monsters. Something that can't thrive outside of a big city, Urban druid for instance is not recommended.

@Saric/All  There's some male/some female/some won't touch with a nuke in the AP.  But yeah, most of it outside of deals made would be NC when beaten by foes. (And please firm limits here folk. There's abberations so things can get weird. And constructs aren't generally sexable are they? O.o 

But yeah, Male/female will have options to be taken. If you lose. The main purpose of it is so characters aren't wiped by the cruel dice. And trust me they will be cruel to us all.

@Saric Depends on the encounter. Some would be wham, bam, leave me alone while others would go full out puppetmaster on you all. Ehh. I've no problem with you turning the table on the monsters and using them. Although you'll probably get odd looks and comments from the colonists who see it. :p

O.O Easier non-lethal? Not sure. I can't think of many games I've been in that even tried non-lethal. :)   Ehhh. What's everyone think? I can't think of any way to abuse such a thing offhand. But that isn't saying much.

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on February 02, 2018, 07:45:34 PM
*snip*
@Saric So true. I've seen a guy cut a unopened can of soda in half with a whip before. So the crap about they can't kill is ridiculous.  It gets worse. If you have a scorpion whip and both whip/scorpion whip prof only then can you use the scorpion whip as an actual whip. They are so strange about some stuff.

Damn those obediences are nice. And not like it's that hard for a priestess of Calistra to find someone to fuck. :p

That's actually a good question. It wouldn't be a fight but some odd seduction then. So yeah, probably could see that working. o.o  Seduction fights... huh.

That's a LOT of resistances to have as just base. O.O

*snip*

@Saric/All  There's some male/some female/some won't touch with a nuke in the AP.  But yeah, most of it outside of deals made would be NC when beaten by foes. (And please firm limits here folk. There's abberations so things can get weird. And constructs aren't generally sexable are they? O.o 

But yeah, Male/female will have options to be taken. If you lose. The main purpose of it is so characters aren't wiped by the cruel dice. And trust me they will be cruel to us all.

@Saric Depends on the encounter. Some would be wham, bam, leave me alone while others would go full out puppetmaster on you all. Ehh. I've no problem with you turning the table on the monsters and using them. Although you'll probably get odd looks and comments from the colonists who see it. :p

O.O Easier non-lethal? Not sure. I can't think of many games I've been in that even tried non-lethal. :)   Ehhh. What's everyone think? I can't think of any way to abuse such a thing offhand. But that isn't saying much.

I know right? It's ridiculous!

Or a yellow silk wrap and a holy symbol! She's a classy prostitute, not just a slut who will fuck anyone! Well... okay Serra's also a slut but that's just her specifically!

Sex fighting for the win! Totally party reversal! Suddenly Serra becomes the tank and the DPS! XD >:)

Well that's at level 20, she starts with resistance 7 in acid, cold and electricity and resistance 2 in fire. But that is still a nice place to start! ;D

:P

The easier non-lethal would be to make it easier to rape the monsters after, since we wouldn't have to worry about accidentally killing them. And, let's be honest, Serra's going to get odd looks anyway! >:)

Angie

Constructs are usually made by Wizards, THE class of nerds and dateless losers everywhere. You really think they didn't put a dick or a pussy on them?

eBadger

Magnhild Firehand

Character Sheet
Class: Fire Elemental Bloodrager
Race: Half Giant

Background:  Magnhild was born a Princess of the Firehand clan, blessed and cursed with their lineage of short tempers, elemental mastery and skill at the forge.  She was not pampered or cossetted like the weak things in the lowlands, however; she was trained to be a warrior, to lead her people in battle and die valiantly in combat. 

The Firehand clan are renowned smiths, famous for their fine weapons and armor, forged within the pure flowing lava of the volcano Surtr.  Their skill was not gained by chance, but by constant battle.  The Firehand combat beasts, seek out monsters, wage war upon their neighbors, duel each other and, if no other violence is on hand, they are known to seek out adventure or mercenary pay - as long as the action is quick and hot. 

To take her father's place, Magnhild must forge and temper herself upon the anvil of combat; a task she seeks out with bloodthirsty glee. 

Personality: Magnhild is an uncomplicated hedonist, a berserker ready to jump into battle at a moment's notice and with the least provocation.  When not annihilating foes, she is a lusty lover, a hard drinker, and a loud if completely untalented singer.  Her greatest enemy is boredom and her fondest hope an epic death.  While she sees violence as the solution to many problems, she has a keen sense of right and wrong; innocents with a just cause will find her a ready ally, while those who prey upon the weak and helpless will feel her wrath. 

Sex: It's important to have some plot and keep it moving, but beyond that I'm open to any level. 

Desiderata: Magnhild uses Large weapons, so preferably a magical greatsword or halberd; or something that would allow her to enchant the one she's got. 

Alternatively,

Maki the Blue
Character Sheet
Aasimar Paladin
Concept: Samurai Geisha Sex Paladin

"The holy ritual of prostitution is a sacrament to The Lady!  It is an ancient art of spiritual healing and physical pleasure for alms.  I realize cultures in this region are somewhat...backward...but surely it's obvious how all benefit?  ...Come along, and stop pulling at your leash or I'll have to spank you again.  Regardless of your own inhibitions, we must all be selfless in this expedition; your contributions to the group's success have been...humble.  This is a way to prove yourself, and every shilling we earn helps to save the people of Greenleaf.  ...Of course I know you're a princess, I'll charge suitably.  Here we are, the Smoldering Widow; this tavern's quite popular with the royal guard.  Won't it be nice to see some friends from the palace?  Stop all that noise, you sound undignified around the gag."

The Blue Lotus House is shrouded in myth and mystery, a cult that mix religion and sex in a way few understand.  Most mistake the Blue Lotus for simple, if very esteemed, courtesans.  However, their faith is deep and true.  A gathering of talented oracles, the seers use the spiritual force of sex rituals to create miracles and to touch upon the mysteries of the unknown.  The act of prostitution is considered divine and pure, both a duty and a privilege for the clergy to serve their secret goddess, spread the joy and tranquility of physical release, and provide prosperity for the House.  None are exempt from that call, but while some of the Blue show greater skill harnessing the spiritual others take the role of protectors and escorts.  From time to time, they are even knights errant, preventing foreseen disaster or righting injustice.  Few realize it, but these harem paladins are no less skilled than their more traditional brethren. 

Like most of the Blue, Maki was birthed by the goddess herself, sown by the seed of a unknown client.  The Blue served as her family and consoled her when the visions that came so easily to her sisters eluded her almost entirely.  She quickly learned to love the path of protector, however, and her faith grew deeper rather than broke.  Her future with the House seemed certain and secure until the Solstice Orgy.  Every oracle touched upon the same vision: that Maki would have to undertake a journey to prevent some unknown catastrophe.  With a stalwart mien and the fondest of farewells from her sisters, she set upon a course new lands.   

Personality
Maki is loyal, accepting and supportive, and tries to present a dignified air of placid calm.  She's young, though, and her cheerful eagerness breaks through when excited by something new or carried away by the pleasure of religious rites.  Nor does she always completely understand others' repression, which is unnatural in her eyes.  Nevertheless, she strives to lead by quiet example or encouragement rather than intimidation, convincing others rather than merely forcing them, if it can be helped. 

In most ways, she's no different from many other paladins: steadfast and courageous, selfless and honorable.  But where another might attempt to embody Valor or Charity, Maki espouses sensual hedonism.  The Blue Lotus House teaches that sex is the conduit which connects the human soul to divine grace.  It grants pleasure, harmony and wisdom - and even glimpses of the future.  Respect is required of clients, as well as tithing, but refusing a lover for selfish reasons - pride, prejudice, or repression, for instance - is frowned upon, for a priestess must find the beauty in each person and has a duty to grant them pleasure.  And, in fact, in the face of inhibitions which imperil someone's soul, Maki has found the persuasion of bondage and domination (even in the face of dubious consent) very efficacious. 

Appearance
Maki is exotic, tall, slim, and unnaturally strong.  She prefers form fitting garb that shows her body to effect, but usually enjoys the elegance of modesty until she accepts a tithe - although she lacks any shame in nudity.  Her armor and clothes mark her out as a foreigner, even to the others on the expedition.  Intricate lotus blossom mandalas cover the backs of her hands and she has a small collection of piercings. 

Mr L

I'm interested in this game, though i was wondering if multiple archetypes are allowed, obviously following the rules that they don't mod/remove the same feature? And then any issues with alternative racial traits?

My character (who I'm still building atm) is a tiefling ranger who would have the infiltrator and skirmisher archetypes, a prehensile tail (oh the fun to be had there!), a bite attack (the combat style will be natural attacks), and have no magic at all.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Saric

Quote from: Mr L on February 03, 2018, 10:49:24 AM
I'm interested in this game, though i was wondering if multiple archetypes are allowed, obviously following the rules that they don't mod/remove the same feature? And then any issues with alternative racial traits?

My character (who I'm still building atm) is a tiefling ranger who would have the infiltrator and skirmisher archetypes, a prehensile tail (oh the fun to be had there!), a bite attack (the combat style will be natural attacks), and have no magic at all.

Hey M L! I don't know about the archtypes, though I don't see why not, but the racial traits should be fine. I mean I picked an alternative sub-race and there haven't been any problems! ;D

Mr L

Quote from: Saric on February 03, 2018, 11:18:18 AM
Hey M L! I don't know about the archtypes, though I don't see why not, but the racial traits should be fine. I mean I picked an alternative sub-race and there haven't been any problems! ;D

My tiefling is too, she is oni-born, which gives different ability mods, skill bonuses, and spell-like ability. The skills bonus and sla, however, are being replaced anyway, so it's just the racial mods that make any difference.

And with the wording being vague enough, if the prehensile tail is fine, what would be the weight limit for what it can hold? It just says small objects, and i was hoping for at least 3 pounds.

Saric

Quote from: Mr L on February 03, 2018, 11:27:35 AM
My tiefling is too, she is oni-born, which gives different ability mods, skill bonuses, and spell-like ability. The skills bonus and sla, however, are being replaced anyway, so it's just the racial mods that make any difference.

And with the wording being vague enough, if the prehensile tail is fine, what would be the weight limit for what it can hold? It just says small objects, and i was hoping for at least 3 pounds.

I think the standard for 'small objects' is 5 pounds, like with mage hand. Though I've also seen it played off your Str score with the size restriction just being because of it's lack of grip. That's a GM call though. :P

Mr L

Quote from: Saric on February 03, 2018, 12:10:02 PM
I think the standard for 'small objects' is 5 pounds, like with mage hand. Though I've also seen it played off your Str score with the size restriction just being because of it's lack of grip. That's a GM call though. :P

That's why i asked, since it is just vague.

As a note, while i am interested, I'm at the "maybe I'll actually throw my hat in" stage. Lately my partner and i have been running pathfinder and 5e games for each other, one gms, the other runs 4/5 characters. Just wanna play in a game with only one character for a change lol.

Mr L

Okay, so after finding out what Ruins of Azlant is part of (trying to avoid spoilers for other paths <.<; ), I'm going to withdraw my interest, for fear of spoilers myself. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but we're looking to go through the paths in order.

Saric

Quote from: Mr L on February 03, 2018, 06:40:44 PM
Okay, so after finding out what Ruins of Azlant is part of (trying to avoid spoilers for other paths <.<; ), I'm going to withdraw my interest, for fear of spoilers myself. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but we're looking to go through the paths in order.

Sorry to see you go Mr L! I always like writing with you after all. Hopefully next time!