Elluiki

Started by Machete, June 17, 2012, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Machete

Please sticky this so there's one easy-to-find place for members to discuss issues and dilemmas they are having regarding the wiki.

I'm completely torn on whether I should rename the Kenashalan page back to Phoenixperson because the race is, now—simply, from the Kenshala Peninsula on the continent Lyra or the planet Ur.  Thus, the demonym, now, applies to everyone from the peninsula.  On top of that, does renaming a page redirect the old name to the new page?  If so, is there a way to remove such a redirect from a page because I won't want "Kenshalan" redirecting to the new "Phoenixperson", if I rename it.

Vandren

Most people post their issues or questions re: the wiki in individual threads.  Notable results (e.g. FAQ answers) are typically posted here.

As far as renaming goes: using the Move command will create a redirect.  That redirect can be deleted by a wikimin.  It's been long enough since I had that level access that I can't recall if wikimins have a simpler "rename" command."
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei