Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 31, 2013, 05:44:42 PM
Hmmm, very nice pics. All look very good although in first set the fourth one would fit more to a demon consorting type than fae. Angel winged one from second set is more naughty celestial :P.

At the moment far #1, #3 and #8 are really calling to me.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, 3 and 8 indeed would fit for a elf type creepy fae person the best. Pic 1 also would have feel of elegance what Aryvandari elf would have.

Callie Del Noire

I need to find a good one for Rheas elf seeming. 

Re Z L

Here's some elf pictures, there may be something useful to one of the fey'ri players too

http://imgur.com/a/ypjkZ

(note:  some are NSFW)
A&A

Kolbrandr

I never really seem to find pictures that either live up to the image in my head or match the description I write well enough to satisfy, probably just going to go with a written description for my part.

PaleEnchantress

Im working out my starting magic items... I forget in pathfinder what is the item slot for boosting physical stats. I know all mental stats are in the headband slot. An item of Con +2 or 4 seems pretty hot to me.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

RubySlippers

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on March 31, 2013, 07:12:20 PM
Im working out my starting magic items... I forget in pathfinder what is the item slot for boosting physical stats. I know all mental stats are in the headband slot. An item of Con +2 or 4 seems pretty hot to me.

You don't need magic items.  ;D

kckolbe

I believe belts do con in pathfinder, gloves for dex.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

And there is belt of physical prowess which increases two or all three physical stats.

TheGlyphstone

Though with MIC in play, there's no reason to ever use the multi-stat belt/headband, because they charge a premium multiplier that the MIC rules for adding stat boosts do not.

RubySlippers

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 31, 2013, 07:26:42 PM
Though with MIC in play, there's no reason to ever use the multi-stat belt/headband, because they charge a premium multiplier that the MIC rules for adding stat boosts do not.

Yes there is for the simple I'm rich and fancy enough to be able to afford or make this item of power, peasants.  ;D

NicciKotor

The rule for combining magical items is this:

Take two magical items of the same slot and put them together. The item with the lesser cost is multiplied by 1.5 in order to make this work.

So putting +2 strength and +2 dex into the same glove is 4000+(4000*1.5) = 10,000 gp.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kolbrandr

That does remind me, so, are we going by MIC costs where they're better then? I've been building with the assumption of using the pathfinder magic items. I'd kind of prefer the pf magic items to be honest as it cuts down on confusion/effort spent on working out 3.5 costs.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 31, 2013, 07:48:46 PM
The rule for combining magical items is this:

Take two magical items of the same slot and put them together. The item with the lesser cost is multiplied by 1.5 in order to make this work.

So putting +2 strength and +2 dex into the same glove is 4000+(4000*1.5) = 10,000 gp.

Unless you use the MIC rules, as Kolbrandr asked about - then there is no multiplier as long as you follow affinities....+2 Dex can be added to any glove item for a flat 4K, or you could add +2 Str and +2 Dex to a glove item for 8K.

who149

I've finally had a little bit of time too decide on what i'm doing.

I am going to be a Dark Elf Noble of Miyeritar. Class, Knight.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: who149 on March 31, 2013, 08:08:16 PM
I've finally had a little bit of time too decide on what i'm doing.

I am going to be a Dark Elf Noble of Miyeritar. Class, Knight.

Ok, will edit first page again so there is one Miyeritar  >:). Anyways what comes to item costs I want avoid confusion with them and with those who do not have MIC so I rule that we use the generic pathfinder magic item cost ruling.

kckolbe

If Shantel Othreier was destroyed in -10100, how is that a playable faction?  (Sorry, fairly new to this setting)  Actually, most seem to have been destroyed.

Intro Thread

Re Z L

Quote from: kckolbe on March 31, 2013, 08:34:07 PM
If Shantel Othreier was destroyed in -10100, how is that a playable faction?  (Sorry, fairly new to this setting)  Actually, most seem to have been destroyed.

Most of these kingdoms were destroyed in one way or another during the Crown Wars and the aftermath, but we're starting at the beginning of the Crown Wars around -12000 DR
A&A

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Anon315

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 31, 2013, 08:18:53 PM
Ok, will edit first page again so there is one Miyeritar  >:). Anyways what comes to item costs I want avoid confusion with them and with those who do not have MIC so I rule that we use the generic pathfinder magic item cost ruling.

Ahem. One Miyeritar? https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169678.msg7970249#msg7970249

Kolbrandr

So there's the whole "maybe it goes some other way!" aspect if you want to be from one of the kingdoms that falls, is I think the idea.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Anon315 on March 31, 2013, 08:48:33 PM
Ahem. One Miyeritar? https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169678.msg7970249#msg7970249

Argh, my bad. Added the numbers up.

Quote from: kckolbe on March 31, 2013, 08:34:07 PM

Quote from: Re Z L on March 31, 2013, 08:43:23 PM
Most of these kingdoms were destroyed in one way or another during the Crown Wars and the aftermath, but we're starting at the beginning of the Crown Wars around -12000 DR

Quote from: Kolbrandr on March 31, 2013, 08:52:13 PM
So there's the whole "maybe it goes some other way!" aspect if you want to be from one of the kingdoms that falls, is I think the idea.

Aye, it's absolutely correct that the things can change. Only sure facts are events which preluded the game events and that Aryvandari attack Miyeritari in lightning flash raid to take it over because they failed take over the control via diplomacy. At least that's the place anyway. Miyeritari start with bad footing but players can triumph despite the overwhelming odds to change the history of Crown Wars and rewrite it.

If there would be no such freedom, then events would be too predictable and the game would be less enjoyable. So feel free daring to join kingdoms which are destroyed, conquered and so forth. Even history which made dark elves branded with coal black skin and turning into drows can be reverted.

Kolbrandr

Oh, for my cohort I'm angling to have a dwarven priest of Marthammor Duin that fell into Curunarin's company during his wandering adventurer days and has a stubborn commitment to toughing it out at his side, despite being otherwise completely surrounded by elves and trees.

Zaer Darkwail

Dwarven cohort is okay, as dwarves and elvens both existed during Crown Wars and dwarves had advanced culture also and some grandest cities build in this era.