Aiden

Name:  Victor "El Cucuy" Loera
Profession:  Former Drug Lord, Ex-Convict
Skills:
Machinist - Learned in the Penitentiary
Cheese maker, Cow wrangler/cowboy - His youth
Diplomacy - Strong Arm/prison diplomacy
Bloody hands - Kills with no regret or hesitation
Macgyver (Prison) Ingenuity - Need a stove out of some alcohol and a  soda can? A shank, jerry rig traps or doors to keep out walkers and or other humans.
Steady hand/mind - Doesn't lose his nerve or cool in hectic/dire situations

Personality:  Shotcaller (Natural born leadership), Decisive, Stubborn, Religious, Ambitious

The weak do not survive in life nor in prison, a lesson that has forged him to survive in the zombie apocalypse. Despite all that, he is not a bottom feeding scoundrel despite his appearance. Victor can come of stubborn and intimidating, but he does not prey on the weak, enough of those type are sadly out in the world. He is not a man of many words, he is hard to get a conversation out of, but he does not shy away from social interaction.

Weapons:
36 inch Crowbar
Swiss Army knife
Police Baton
Motorcycle armored riding gloves - Protective gear

Weaknesses: Losing his newly acquired freedom, his past/history catching up to him

Fears:  Roaming the earth as a walker.
Never enjoying a cold beer and a cigar ever again
Dying with no legacy
Living with no purpose or meaning
Never knowing what happened to his family back home

History:  The story of Victor Loera would have been a short one if he would have lived a life in the backwoods pueblo (small village) in the mountains of Sinaloa, Mexico. Victor's family had cattle and made cheese from their milk to sell, but barely scraped by to feed his six other siblings and various other family members living in their small home. He wanted more and found that opportunity working as a errand boy for a local man with connections to the Sinaloa Cartel. He was a teenager, working for pocket change, eventually learning to keep guard of drugs or helping make delivers via horseback. It was a long climb but in time he was running the small village. His parents hesitantly took his money but their need overpowered their moral conscious.

Victor continued to work, making more money, in time transporting large shipments of Cocaine via Semi trucks all the way to the Mexico- Texas border. He caught the attention of the higher ups when he dispatched rivals without a second thought. The reputation of "El Cucuy" began to spread. El Cucuy in Mexican folktales, is the equivalent of the boogieman to children. Children had no reason to fear him, it was the rivals and enemies of the cartel needed to worry. Victor washed the streets of Tijuana, Tecate (California Border) and El Paso (Texas) with blood but he never killed a lawman nor "innocent".

When he began working in the US (after acquiring a Visa) for the cartel, the DEA began to build a case against him. The DEA was unable to link him to any murders, but they had enough trafficking and distribution charges to lock him away for life. They tried to make him rat, but he simply smiled and told them to fuck themselves. The cartel kept in touch as best they could, supporting him in prison by keeping his books well funded but that was all they could do.

Victor began his stint in the Penn in the late 90's, accepting his new life and quickly rose to a position of power and respect in the prison. Like any prison he spent his time working out, acquired an education and even learning the English Language fully. As he earned more rights, he began to work in a machinist shop to pass the time.

Then the outbreak occurred...

Just as life was stabilizing for Victor, it went to shit. The guards tried to keep order, but those foolish enough to stay were overpowered and killed. Many died, not by the outbreak, but at the hands of other prisoners as survival of the fittest ruled. When the bodies began to rise, the remaining prisoners grouped up and killed the very people they had just killed. More were infected and turned, by the time they  learned to put them down, over 90% of the population was dead or fled.

Over the next three years, supplies were gambled, stolen or fought over. News of the outside world was as grim as living in the prison. Small groups in the prison began to raid and pillage nearby, even bringing in children and woman for vile things. Victor has seen enough, in an act of mercy he killed three "fuck toys" before killing their captors, fleeing the prison shortly after.

Victor wandered, living off what he could find but had little experience in actual hunting. When he met Skye, he finally found someone to travel with, he just had to save her first...

DarkAngel111

Aiden The profile is good.
I believe its quite acceptable.

Only thing I want you to reconsider is the skill set.
There are 4 things,
Diplomacy,
Bloody hands,
Ingenuity,
Steady hand/mind.

Now you have to decide which 3 you can pick out of those 4.

If a person is diplomatic, killer, with a steady hand mind, well.. that just makes him all around perfect for the world.

I donot mean to make your character for you, but If he is a former drug lord, I would say he is a killer, Ingenuity could be a trait too. Steady hand, sure Steady mind and diplomacy wouldn't be the traits of a merciless killer?

Just consider that :)Apart from that the character is perfect.

Bloodied Porcelain

I don't think the type of diplomacy you're thinking of and the type Aiden put down are the same. Aiden put down strong-arm diplomacy, which is prison diplomacy. I could be wrong but I think that basically implies he's good at making deals when needed and can threaten and barter to get what he wants, its not all smooth talking like is usually associated with the word (its also something he would have had to learn to survive in prison and claw his way up to a more respected position among inmates). I could be wrong though.

That said.... YAY Gnothi and Aiden, my loves!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

DarkAngel111

That is true bloodied Porcelain, you could be right. That is what I want him to clarify, but still the character seems a little overbearing in some parts of the profile. The history etc. is good, but I hate it when some people just put in their character Sheets "natural born leader" Shot caller etc. because at the time of making the character they might think this would make them a leader or person in-charge. But in the wrong situation such a personality trait might just result in them being Abandoned by rest of the group.

I believe it is something to be considered when making a character. Not to make them too pushy. Unless the scenario asks for it.

Aiden

My character sheet was designed for him to survive in prison. If he was a passive person, he never would have climbed the ranks to become who he was in the cartel.

Will some of these traits/skills clash within the group? Yes. But I think the conflict it will create is worthy of exploring within this type setting.

I thought this game was made in the fashion of the Walking Dead, different personas and personalities coming together to survive.

Bloodied Porcelain

I think it should be kept in mind that just because someone has leadership qualities... doesn't mean they expect their character to just show up and take over. It's just an aspect of the character's personality.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

DarkAngel111

yes I realize what you want to do here, but I have seen these kinds of traits bring games to a complete halt.
People stop posting and disappear from the group if they feel they are being ordered around in the game. That is usually how most of the zombie apocalypse games die out. He may have climbed out of the prison, but he would have to learn to be flexible out of the prison, That is if he does not want to go back to his old ways of killing.

I am not looking to Experiment a single Character's personality trait at the expense of the whole game.

The main idea behind each character having a particular skill set is that they have each other's back in the game. Not to fight or have conflicts.

In the show The Walking Dead, they can abandon a Character and be done with it or kill off a character. Because at the end of the day some one is God Modding THOSE characters. In this Game no one is god modding the Characters. Its Free form, so such conflicts will have problems in game. There is no system in game either. So say two people get into a fist fight. there would be nothing to decide who wins or who loses the argument. Not what i want to be bickering over.

DarkAngel111

That is true I do not expect a character to just take over, but unless the character is flexible he may end up in fights with others. If he does not, then it means he expects everyone to follow him. see when 3 or four pairs meet to form a group everyone will think they are right, throw in some one who thinks he is right every time, will end up getting thrown out of the group.

RainyHigh

@Gnothi, PM'ing you about character connections!!!
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Aiden

If it comes to that, Victor will just leave and he can be written out of the story. Most of the characters at this point seem more anti-social and loners if things don't work out, then any group can break apart.

I don't think in this type of setting you can cherry pick what you do want in and out of a group. In that case, you would have accepted the ex marine with a walking arsenal.

On a separate note -
I have a pretty good track record when it comes to group games.

DarkAngel111

hmm I am not sure who you mean?, but I have not accepted any Ex Marines.
I believe the words I used were

"He is a example of what we DON'T want".

I would like to cherry pick the characters, that much I made clear in the first post. there are too many games going on with people playing all macho hero types. The complexity I want to develop here is more about how Simple characters Evolve in a new kind of world. The aim is character development, not killing zombies.

Now if Victor is suppose to remain a hard minded convict that he has been before the apocalypse, I will have to simply deny the character. I am sorry, but the last time I allowed a character I thought wouldn't fit in into the Game it killed the whole game. It is best to delay starting the game till we have good characters rather than having to stop in the middle because of one person leaving.

Aiden

I think you are trying, in a passive aggressive manner, to prevent another male character from surpassing your own.

You keep referring to "We" and "The group" when you yourself are godmodding what other survivors will think/want.

I am pulling my interest from this game, good luck.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm pulling Skye from the game as well. I'm not interested in playing in a game where the GM wants to dictate personalities or speak for every character in the game without even giving their players a chance to give their input on how their member of the group would react.

DarkAngel111

Very well.

As a GM I have every right to pick the characters I want in the game.

It is not God modding. I am describing the General game idea. This is not a Free form game.

my own character is probably going to be surpassed by the first one, that comes to take charge. Even a rough cowboy would surpass my own character.

I have no intention of playing my Character in a leading position. If no one takes up the position the group decisions will be made on a voting basis

BlueMaiden88

Is this game still open and what are the charactersheet specifications and/or recommendations.  I went through the thread, but I didn't see any charactersheet framework or any details about HOW you're running the game- like- are you going to use a DnD style system with dice rolls or something like that.

DarkAngel111

There will be no system or so.

AS far as combat goes the game is free form. Just as long as you don't take on 3+ zombies you will survive.

for character sheet

[b]Name[/b]

[b]Age[/b]: {Current, 3 years into the outbreak}

[b]Profession[/b]: (before the outbreak)

[b]Skills[/b]: {Only 2 skills with efficiency. Rest will be subsidiary to the main skill}

[b]Weapons[/b]: {Melee weapons only, Long range weapons will be decided upon approval.}

[b]Personality[/b]{ 4 or more things of note}

[b]Fears[/b]

[b]History[/b] {Good few Paragraphs, as we do require a little detail on the reason for your character's choices}

All of the above is what you need to put in the character sheet. at the moment I am only going to start a thread for Accepted Characters and Game info.

DarkAngel111

Alright guys Check the first Post on this thread for A few major Edits. There is not a OOC Thread, and a Character thread up. I will be posting my own character soon. Everyone who has already submitted their characters here should edit them and bring them up to date with the format provided.

So far the characters had been accepted on their General history and background. There was no proper format up till now. We finally have enough survivors to kick off the game. New editions will be brought into the group.

I will be adding more information about the world in the Game Information Thread.  In a few hours that is. I am still trying to find a way to make a virtual Map, of the Surroundings that our characters will be in. If anyone knows how to make one Please Let me know? Because I am failing at it.

FetzerDelRayne

I regret that I must pull away from the game too, good luck.  Thank you for the opportunity.  As for an explanation, if you want it it's in the spoiler, if not, just leave it a spoiler.

Explanation
While I fully understand certain gripes, and how your history in games has shown how things work.  I've been GMing System related games, LARP, and freeform games in person for +20 years.  You are judging the ability, and maturity of these gamers based on past experience.  We are not these people.  Here, and in other free-form games, it's about maturity, and ability to properly roleplay a character without getting your ego in the way.  And you're GMing character concepts for the group, but you're the only one in said to be having these gripes.  As far as people seeming OP.  THEY ARE GOING TO BE!!  No one lives AFTER the end of the world for 3 years without having/developing extremely good traits.  The game you want, with people that are flawed should be RIGHT after outbreak.  Because these flawed people are doomed.  Only the strongest, most baddass, well rounded Marvel, unbelievably skilled people are going to make it psychologically, and/or physically in this world for three full years.  I personally say, let the people make the group.  I've been writing for ten years now, and one thing I can say about my best works, and many other Authors have said the same.  You make a character, and let THEM tell the story.

DarkAngel111

I believe it is time to note that, I only pointed out 2 key skills to be removed from a particular character.

I have a right to ensure that when there is a 10 people group play involved everyone excels at one thing or the other. They form a group because they need each other. Sure some people come in who know little to nothing but everyone is Valuable.

The idea behind accepting Victor was simply to have a tough guy in the group. Without a doubt it things could change I would still accept Victor. But we needed a slightly unstable tough guy who enjoys killing the dead.

Even 3 years into the outbreak its perfectly normal to have people who are not flawless. It has been Mentioned numerous times that I am GMing the Character concepts.

How is it any different than telling people you can't be a first year student at hogwarts or you cannot have that weapon type.

Simply put, I want a team of 10 people not a 1 person group. I am very sure there are people who want to do a game where everyone is equally skilled?.
If there isn't anyone who wants to do a game like that, its just sad.

Miroque

Name Anna-Maria Lahtinen

Profession: Student

Skills: Chemistry Major and 2nd Dan Black Belt in Ju-Jiutsu, rest of skills are pretty much of an typical teen. PhD in bitching and gossiping, Grandguru in Tweeting and Facebook usage.

Weapons: To be desided later....

PersonalityOpen-minded and joyful. Not. Last three years have been hell on AM's psyche as her joyful world came crumbling down. Lately, she has been silent and shown very few emotions.

Fears Zombies, being alone and to be crippled for life.

History Being exchange student from Finland, AM's life was good, if not great. She was seeing the world before she hitted 20. She was studying in MIT under athletic stipend, as she won the European Youth Martial Arts tournament, and applied for MIT department of Chemistry and got in.

Year into her studies shit hit the fan, literally. She got her left shinbone broken and was forced to be fitted with cast and crutchs. And during her recuberation time, people went crazy and started to eat each others faces off.

She was forced to flee, like everyone else, only her leg was broken and while her former friend tried to bite her, it only got the cast. AM beated her former friend with the crutch until it did not move anymore, brains splattered around the walls.

After that, she barricaded herself into her dormroom, with few other surviving students and they holed up. Her leg got better in weeks, but during that time, they had lost two, as they tried to raid for food and supplies. Weeks later, they were rescued by an ragtag group of former cops, firefighters and clearly gang members, all armed to their teeths. The group called themselves 'NWO' and did not hesitate to put down any of the walkers they encountered.

Now, three years in, NWO is an distant past, as they are all but wiped out, alog with her friends from MIT, and Anne-Maria is again found herself in group with soon-to-be dead refugees. But NWO had it right. Some of the survivors they have encountered, just passes lone walkers or trapped walkers, where NWO toke the thirty seconds it toke to put them out permanently. If nothing else, those walkers would never post an threat to anyone after it. She believes that is the only way humanity can survive this. Total eradication of walkers.

DarkAngel111

Looks good to me. Anna Maria is accepted as well.

Come one guys we need atleast a couple more Male characters. At least 1 more to start the game.

El Maligno

BlueMaiden88

I'm still looking to play.  I was just busy the passed few days.  My character sheet isn't quite perfect yet, but I'll post it.

EDITED:

Name: Cassidy Burton, "Sid", also FrankenFerret

Appearance: Cassidy is about 5'5" tall, weighs about 115 pounds and has a compact, athletic build.  Her hair is shoulder length.

Profession (before the outbreak): Part-time student in Operations Management, hobby artist, and habitat restorationist

Skills: A natural affinity for problem-solving, being observant, and handling things logically.  Rudimentary knowledge of local plants and wildlife as well as first aid and oddly enough...welding. 

Weaknesses: Despite being very active, Sid gets winded and abnormally tired when over-stressed or feeling trapped.  People-things stress her out more than survival and mechanical things.  She also loses hair when subjected to prolonged and unmanageable stresses.  She easily forgets things when overstressed.  Sid's prone to snap judgements of people and can be slow to change them.  Also, she can sometimes come off as insensitive and very cold when it comes to planning and decision making.

Weapons: Bow, Hunting knife, stone club

Personality: The closest animal Sid compares to is a ferret after a shot of espresso.  She's smart, gregarious, and utterly unapologetic.  Outwardly, she may seem kind of gruff, but Sid does care about people and can be very loyal.  One of her biggest character flaws is her temper.  If she feels someone's committed an unforgivable act, she'll go out of her way to remove them from life's equation.   She's taken to not looking back on her past actions because that's a people thing and it stresses her out.

Fears: Crazy people, being turned into a baby cannon, finding that bear trap she lost, having one of her 'spells' at a moment she needs to get away.

History:
Sid's dad was Native American and wanted a boy to preserve tradition.  He did everything he could to bring his daughter as close as possible- including sending her off to survival camp and using her natural curiosity to manipulate her into helping him fix things.  Her mother tried to preserve Sid's femininity by driving her natural tendency to tinker towards sewing, art and gardening.  Both failed in many respects and ended up with a miserably ostracized child parading around in strange clothes while making bizarre, moving, metal flower planters in the backyard. 
Sid was bullied horribly, so even though she's an extrovert, she doesn't trust people or enjoy their company overmuch when they start acting irrationally.  She turned her mind to 'useful' things while she was younger to avoid focusing on her poor social life.  Sid's a jack of all trades, but a master at none.  She knows just enough about many things to keep herself from dying. 
While she was in college, she spent more time figuring out how to make her various hobbies pay for her education than actually studying.  She considered the courses a time-sink because it was 'common sense'.

After the outbreak, her family joined a small group of survivors and developed a strategy of sticking to high ground and living off the land while avoiding other groups.  Despite the careful plan, many of the group died because of stupid mistakes and infighting.  When a cultlike, raiding group seeking to 'bolster the population' by stealing resources and women from nearby groups made itself known, Sid's group split up to avoid detection and the fate of many others.  Still, the raiders found them and in the end, Sid's mother took her own life to avoid being taken. Sid and her father narrowly escaped, however, the commotion attracted a herd of walkers.  Mr. Burton did what he could to make sure his daughter got away safely, but didn't have enough time to save himself. 
Sid nearly died that year, several times.  As prepared as she was for 'surviving' she wasn't prepared for the difficulties of dealing with depression on top of that.  Self-destructive recklessness led to her capture by the raiders.  It was the wake-up call she needed to snap her back to her old self.  She escaped and vengefully set a small group of walkers on them while she nicked some of their supplies.  She doesn't know or care what happened to them, but she hopes that they at least one of them 'turned' and killed the others.

El Maligno

Player Username: El Maligno

Character Name: Rick Davis

Physical description: Rick Stands at 5'11 with brown hair and eyes.

Prior Occupation: History Teacher

Personality: Rick is calm, cool and analytical but the reason being is on the first day of the outbreak he kind of went insane. He functions normally but in his mind this is all just a real life like video game. This is how he sees it and this is how he copes. It is a defense to protect his sanity and when nears the revelation that the world he once knew is really and truly gone he becomes violent and unstable. At heart he is a good guy and is a bit old fashioned even for his time. Working hard to earn his way through college and the patience and discipline needed for hunting game help him attempt to control himself. He is not an animal just a man who is no longer whole anymore.

Hobbies/Skills: Archery, Swimming, Reading, Rock Climbing, Boxing, Hunting, Basic first aid, Cooking, and History

Weaknesses: His slim hold on his sanity.Is allergic to cats. If he can get a hold of it might turn into an alcoholic.

Fears: Things will never turn back normal.

Gear:  Bow and Arrow

Bowie Knife

Crowbar

Body armor

Pack (basic suvial needs)

History: Rick had always harboured a love for history. Always. It was just a passion that followed him out through grade school, middle school, high school and finally in college when he decided to finally do something in his life that would matter. Teaching the leaders of tomorrow. He felt the more passionate about the subject a teacher was the better his ability to teach and the better the chances of him being able to spark interest in his students rather than them just going through the motions. Rick worked hard and studied hard to achieve his dream job. And at the age of 25 he finally did so. For 7 years he did his best with little known facts and other more interesting tidbits of information as well as bringing in a few conspiracy theories just to liven things up with his students (based on what he was talking about) He was happy for a while and at the time of the out break he was having a little back and forth with the beautiful biology teacher from down the hall. He was in class when the dead were no longer dead. Everything happened so fast first it was the screams, then it was the mixture of people crying out in horrible agony and the sounds of the living resisting and running away from the dead. Rick and a few teachers gathered up as many students and barricaded themselves in one of the classrooms. They had a job to protect the students at the school it was the hardest thing for Rick to do as he could hear the screams of those dying outside the school. The next two days passed with agonizing slowness they had no supplies and were all constantly in fear of their lives. Only one other person offered to help Rick set out for supplies. It had been a horrible first time experience and by the time they came back to the classroom they had found everyone being torn and eaten alive. A student had taken some pills over night not knowing they would reanimate and attack their fellow survivors. It was almost too much for Rick to take. It was then his video game mind set kicked in.  Taking the sole survivor, the guy who had been with him, back to his house for supplies and equipment Rick drove his truck through dead bodies and other cars as he watched the chaos and horror all around him. After getting everything he needed Rick set out with his new partner ready to take out this new challenge. He had been a boxer during high school and college loving the thrill it gave him to pit his best against an opponent and the way he thought several steps ahead while methodically taking apart those who fought him, at skill that transitioned well into this new world as well as his experience as a hunter. Being able to track and live off the land while being proficient with common hunting weapons made him a pretty useful guy to have around. He has seen many different groups form and die out in the last three years and always he had been the sole survivor.He is seeking to find a place that can become a safe heaven and will protect the group he is with now.