To-do list, take II

Started by Vekseid, March 09, 2009, 08:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

As for the smilies i may he able to help you out I'll let you know this evening

Vandren

In the pre-update version of the site, it was possible to place entire forums on Notify and then to see a list of the threads and forums that one set notification for.  While forums can be set as Notify now, I have been unable to see where they are visible as a list.

So, would it be possible to either: a) view a list of forums one has set to Notify or b) Bookmark an entire forum (such as a Big Game forum, like . . . the entirety of "Elven Maidens v. Human Barbarians")?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Vekseid

Quote from: Vandren on April 16, 2009, 09:48:57 PM
In the pre-update version of the site, it was possible to place entire forums on Notify and then to see a list of the threads and forums that one set notification for.  While forums can be set as Notify now, I have been unable to see where they are visible as a list.

So, would it be possible to either: a) view a list of forums one has set to Notify or b) Bookmark an entire forum (such as a Big Game forum, like . . . the entirety of "Elven Maidens v. Human Barbarians")?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=notification

Scroll down. You have two on notify, see? :-p

Vandren

Danke.  Not sure how I missed that.   :-\
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Greenthorn

Vek...are there any mods that allow you to rate a person or thread for your view only?  An example would be, if I go through O/Os and someone catches my eye for a potential future writing partner...a way to mark them so I remember. 

Many times I read something in O/Os that gets my creativity going but time constraints don't allow me to contact that person immediately, or I cannot take on another story...but then those dreaded times when I'm ready to write and I forget who I had wanted to contact!

I guess bookmarking could work...but ehhh that would junk up the bookmark page. 

Dakota

i don't think there is, not that i've come across anyway, and i'm pretty competent with this forum software now lol

Xillen

There's the option to make someone your buddy.

You could also PM yourself the link to his/her profile with a bit of commentary, and sort these messages with a unique label.

Greenthorn

Something like this...but I think this one makes it more of a rating system which isn't what I am talking about.  Looking more for almost the ability to flag a post without bookmarking it.

That way I can "flag" things to check out later!  :-)

Quote from: Xillen on April 28, 2009, 07:39:10 AM
There's the option to make someone your buddy.

You could also PM yourself the link to his/her profile with a bit of commentary, and sort these messages with a unique label.

I fail with labels!

Xillen

I can help you set up labels if you want :)

And that rating system seems very public. Karma much? Wasn't a good idea back then, can't imagine now is the time.

Xillen

Unless you mean of course to use that rating system privately... But would it really help to have a rating system? Because rating systems don't really help you finding stuff back.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on April 28, 2009, 07:47:06 AM
I can help you set up labels if you want :)

And that rating system seems very public. Karma much? Wasn't a good idea back then, can't imagine now is the time.

Right..and not what I'm looking for at all.  Just something on the user-end that makes posts stick out from others when viewing boards.  Make sense?  My school uses flags...

Only the person who placed the flag can see it.

Xillen

Yeah, flagging could work. There might be mods for that.

In the meantime, sending yourself PM's with the interesting links could work as a substitute?

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on April 28, 2009, 07:54:26 AM
Yeah, flagging could work. There might be mods for that.

In the meantime, sending yourself PM's with the interesting links could work as a substitute?

But then my PM box gets all junky!  I am trying to delete PMs...not save them argh!  ;)

Xillen

Valerian

How about a section for private notes?  I don't think that's been suggested here yet.  That would solve Greenthorn's problem, and would be a handy place for many other reminders we might need.

I realize it would likely need to be kept fairly small, but just a couple of hundred characters would still be very useful.  I have no idea of the difficulty of coding that, though...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Xillen

It's actually been suggested before.

People pointed out that the Elluiky was set up for that purpose.

Dawg

The Unread Posts buttons at the top of the individual forums is not working properly, if you click it then it does not display all of the unread posts in the underlying forum.  Sorry I hadn't noticed it yet, but spending less time here it is easier to scan unread post by individual forum than the site wide unread posts button in the header.

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Greenthorn

Quote from: Valerian on April 28, 2009, 08:36:35 AM
How about a section for private notes?  I don't think that's been suggested here yet.  That would solve Greenthorn's problem, and would be a handy place for many other reminders we might need.

I realize it would likely need to be kept fairly small, but just a couple of hundred characters would still be very useful.  I have no idea of the difficulty of coding that, though...

Like a sticky pad  ;D

But yeah...I don't think everyone wants nor needs to see who I'm checking on when they look at my wiki *laughs*  So that really wouldn't work for what I am hoping for *sighs*

Xillen

Didn't Wiki allow for private documenting as well?

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on April 28, 2009, 10:47:27 AM
Didn't Wiki allow for private documenting as well?

If it does, I am unaware of it!  That would probably work...although something integrated within the site would be tons easier.  I'm going to do a mod search and see if they have anything...and if not...going to make a request!  Yay!

:P

EDIT:  Did not find a flag mod...but I did find this which I asked for a long time ago!!  Makes people who are on your buddy list BOLD when you click on Who's Online!!

Vekseid

Quote from: Greenthorn on April 28, 2009, 07:55:38 AM
But then my PM box gets all junky!  I am trying to delete PMs...not save them argh!  ;)

Your pickiness will be your undoing >_>

Vekseid

Quote from: Greenthorn on April 28, 2009, 10:51:15 AM
If it does, I am unaware of it!  That would probably work...although something integrated within the site would be tons easier.  I'm going to do a mod search and see if they have anything...and if not...going to make a request!  Yay!

:P

EDIT:  Did not find a flag mod...but I did find this which I asked for a long time ago!!  Makes people who are on your buddy list BOLD when you click on Who's Online!!

It's for an old version of SMF, unfortunately : /

Though that may be hackable.

Oniya

QuoteEDIT:  Did not find a flag mod...but I did find this which I asked for a long time ago!!  Makes people who are on your buddy list BOLD when you click on Who's Online!!

Quote from: Vekseid on April 28, 2009, 12:34:06 PM
It's for an old version of SMF, unfortunately : /

Though that may be hackable.

I could swear that something like this is already installed, as there are names that show up bolded on the Who's Online list for me.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Greenthorn

But not when you click Who's online and it lists what people are doing  :-(

Bliss

Quote from: Vekseid on April 28, 2009, 12:32:23 PM
Your pickiness will be your undoing >_>

What he said.

Heheheh.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3