Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Are you playing the bog-standard Human Revolution or the Director's Cut because the Director's Cut is a solid 9. Yeah, you have to kill the bosses still, but now they give you more options so your build isn't instantly worthless.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Davion

The steam sale has started. Quickly, protect your wallets.

CaptainNexus616

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

rou

I'm relatively safe, being that I'm broke and couldn't buy anything if I wanted.

I did have a serious weak moment once when I was about 17 and spent something like $100 on a Steam Sale. My Mom was very, very mad at me. I forget what the situation was, because I had spent money that wasn't really hers but wasn't really mine and like I did something wrong but didn't?

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Davion

Quote from: roulette on June 19, 2014, 03:16:21 PM
I'm relatively safe, being that I'm broke and couldn't buy anything if I wanted.

I did have a serious weak moment once when I was about 17 and spent something like $100 on a Steam Sale. My Mom was very, very mad at me. I forget what the situation was, because I had spent money that wasn't really hers but wasn't really mine and like I did something wrong but didn't?

Severity of your crime will be judged by the quality of material purchased. The sentence will be composed mostly of prolonged teasing.

CaptainNexus616

Has anyone ever played this gem of a game from the Sixth generation of gaming?

▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Inkidu

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 19, 2014, 03:50:41 PM

Chiggity-check your image, brah.

Yep, I have.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

rou

Let's see. The biggest chunk was what I spent on Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. I think I got $100+ worth of game content for something like $40.

But I also bought Tropico 3 and expansions, Reccettear, and a thoroughly disappointing The Guild II. If more came at that time, I forget.

Davion

Quote from: roulette on June 19, 2014, 03:52:23 PM
Let's see. The biggest chunk was what I spent on Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. I think I got $100+ worth of game content for something like $40.

But I also bought Tropico 3 and expansions, Reccettear, and a thoroughly disappointing The Guild II. If more came at that time, I forget.

You pass in my book <3

rou

Davion

Quote from: roulette on June 19, 2014, 04:05:02 PM
YES! :D

I was literally just approved today. Do we have a gaming group on here? o.0

rou

Hmm, not much that I've seen or know of. But that's not the category of things I usually hang around in, anyway. I know there are a couple discussion threads for games. There are a few Minecraft servers and such. Etc. Basically, I haven't seen much more than that, but I'm hardly the final authority.

Inkidu

Quote from: Davion on June 19, 2014, 04:21:00 PM
I was literally just approved today. Do we have a gaming group on here? o.0
Sort of. It involves this thread (which is really redundant) and the one in the Forum Games and Socializing called What Are You Playing 2: Regeneration.

Plus any specialty threads that pop up.

Davion

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2014, 04:27:34 PM
Sort of. It involves this thread (which is really redundant) and the one in the Forum Games and Socializing called What Are You Playing 2: Regeneration.

Plus any specialty threads that pop up.

Thanks! :D

Inkidu

If you can play it I suggest finding Emperor of the Fading Suns and getting one of the mods (I think Nova is the better, but Hyperion is the older one). It's as complex as a TBS from the mid-90s can be. It's like a mish-mash of MoO2 and Civ II, but it's got a lot of fun if you can crunch it.

I'll keep hoping it'll get a remake with modern graphics and design philosphoy. Hopefully XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within has taught the industry that people on PC and Console are willing to give money for good TBS games.

Zeth

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 19, 2014, 03:50:41 PM

Yes I have played that. Epic stuff. How I wish I could use Psychic Arrow Heads as currency in my games. Le sigh.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Zeth on June 19, 2014, 05:20:35 PM
Yes I have played that. Epic stuff. How I wish I could use Psychic Arrow Heads as currency in my games. Le sigh.

I know....sadly if we ever want to see a sequel..its gonna cost 18 million dollars.....I would love a sequel regardless this was a very original and fun game.

Zeth

I made Tabletop Roleplay game spin offs of it. One was you were a full fledged Psychonaught Agent like Sasha Nine and traveled the globe doing Spy stuff. The other was literally the Summer Camp but with a cast of original Player Characters and a more team oriented plot. Both were fun, but I can't seem to capture the quirkiness of the original game.

CaptainNexus616

It would be hard to with how random the game could become. How often do you play videogames that have both a guy inside your head who loves bacon and where you jump into the mind of a guy who thinks he is napoleon and helping him by playing a board game against the actual Napoleon?

Zeth

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 19, 2014, 07:15:25 PM
It would be hard to with how random the game could become. How often do you play videogames that have both a guy inside your head who loves bacon and where you jump into the mind of a guy who thinks he is napoleon and helping him by playing a board game against the actual Napoleon?

Exactly! THAT is probably the real reason no one has made a sequel. The first was just so awesome they can't really top it.

King Serperior

Just recently unlocked the use of Trevor in GTA5.  I have to say that I am NOT a fan of flying   :-\

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

scribus1000

Quote from: King Serperior on June 19, 2014, 08:26:42 PM
Just recently unlocked the use of Trevor in GTA5.  I have to say that I am NOT a fan of flying   :-\

Now that one, I've played through to the end. And yes, flying is not one of the better activities.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Inkidu

Flying has never been good in the GTA series.

King Serperior

I don't get motion sickness very easily, but flying that plane made me dizzy.  Thr other GTAs flying was a lot smoother in my opinion.   Crashed that plane about 10 times before I got somewhat used to it.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

scribus1000

I can do alright, but don't ask me to fly street-level or do any bridge stunts anytime soon.

The other day I was watching a Let's Play of GTA 5 on Youtube...one of the players screwed up, somehow flipped his Cargobob upside down and exploded on a bridge.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-