Wonderland: Madness in all the Right Ways (Mad Hatter and White Rabbit needed!)

Started by Ember Star, September 04, 2014, 02:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

"Wonderland; a world crossed with things not even our imagination could concur."

"Shall you be, say, a 3 or a 9? Because you certainly aren't any Ace."

"Oh dear, that really won't do at all. You should get that head on more sideways than that."

"Pick a door, any door. But watch your step. You wouldn't want to fall. But then again, you might."

Welcome to Wonderland, where your mind is divided and put into tarts.

What's that, you say? You don't want your mind put in a tart? Well then stay away from the Queen. There's a nasty rumor she does that.

Now, where was I? Oh yes. Welcoming you to Wonderland. I would try to explain it, but it would only confuse you further. There are far to many, shall we say, different things here. It's best you just see for yourself. So look in a mirror, or go down a hole, either will do, and see what you might see.

Things to Note
  • While this is inspired by the books and movies, it is still a original group with original characters.
  • This will be placed in the Non-con Exotic section.
  • This will be GBLTQA and rainbow writer friendly.
  • For more information please see the world building thread, where you will also find character sheet codes.
  • Vampyre Valkyrie is my co-GM.

Rules to Play By
  • All characters must be approved by PM.
  • If you choose to leave the group, please inform me and anybody you are RPing with so we're not left hanging and I can mark your character as "inactive"
  • IC Posts should have substance, no one-liners.
  • Please try not to keep anybody waiting on a post longer than one week. Inform them if you will be longer. Real happens, I understand that.
  • Use the post header properly in every IC post.
  • While I have few limitations on characters, please abide by the ones I do.
  • If you are not familiar with The Oath of the Drake I ask that you please take a peak and try to abide by its words.
  • Most importantly, have fun! The draw for this group is creativity, so let your imaginations wander and enjoy what it brings forth.

Roles
  • There is currently a need for more White aligned characters!

Character Creation Rules
  • While characters are all original, characters that fit into a cannon role must fit that role and make sense for it.
  • Animal roles cannot be actual animals. Anthros (preferably the kind with animal features such as ears and a tail with a human body instead of the "furry" variety) are fine. As are people that can take the form of an actual animal as well as people who simply have traits of an animal.
  • In a sense, the first few and most important roles will help build the world, which is why I hope people that people who take roles like the Red Queen and Mad Hatter will stick with the game throughout.
  • Original character concepts can be anything so long as they fit the wonderland vibe.
  • You may notice that I did not include some usual sections such as Race. This was purposeful so to remind that lovely wonderland vibe of "what the fuck!?" I figure in a way, all the characters will have their own ideas of who and what the others are.
    Claimed Characters
    • Alice claimed by Bloodied Porcelain
    • The Red Queen claimed by Ember Star
    • The White Queen claimed by Vampyre Valkyrie
    • The Black Knight claimed by TheBlackThrone
    • The White Knight claimed by DemonLord FuriousPyro
    • The Knave of Hearts claimed by Landshark
    • The March Hare claimed by TheBlackThrone
    • The Cheshire Cat claimed by Ember Star
    • The Door Mouse claimed by Ember Star
    • The Blue Caterpillar claimed by Vampyre Valkyrie
    • The Jabberwock claimed by Chrystal
  • Other more obscure roles such as the Dodo Bird, the Raven or Bill the Lizard can also be claimed. However, the important roles above, are, well, important and take priority. I will also be allowing completely original characters. But, again, priority is as priority does. As for the Red and White Kings, well, considering that the Queens have always played a bigger role, I'm leaving the availability of the Kings up to whomever ends up with the Queens.

Signature Cube

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=212783][Img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/0/06/WonderlandSigCube.jpg[/img][/url]

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Strangefate

Hello!  :-)

Just curious if this game is going to have a GM run plot/story or if it’s more of a sandbox deal?  I’m assuming it’s not actually going to follow the adventures of Alice exclusively as that’d place a heavy burden on her player and create kind of a natural bottleneck for the game.  (By bottleneck I mean a situation where everyone in a game is waiting for one person to reply before they can post.)

Somewhat curious but a little uncertain how the game is set to work at present. 
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Ember Star

Hello, if you take a look a look at the World Building thread (which is linked in the last line of "things to note"), you'll find that information explained in part in the first post.

However, to condense for a.more direct answer; a little of both. It will have a GM directed plot that will loosely follow cannon to begin with (though with adjustments to avoid said "bottle necking" and weight on players), however it will also employ sandbox qualities with freedom of range for characters.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

I still havent made up my mind what I want to do with Alice. So many ideas!!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Strangefate

Alright, thanks for the quick response.  I’ll probably just keep an eye on the thread for now.  Hope it comes together awesomely for you.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Ember Star

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 04, 2014, 05:38:53 PM
I still havent made up my mind what I want to do with Alice. So many ideas!!
No rush right now. I'm hoping to at least get one of the Queens before launching on to the next step.
Quote from: Strangefate on September 04, 2014, 05:50:07 PM
Alright, thanks for the quick response.  I’ll probably just keep an eye on the thread for now.  Hope it comes together awesomely for you.  :-)
Thank you ^_^

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ember Star

Bloodied Porcelain

Vampyre Valkyrie

“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Bibliophilia

Ember Star

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 04, 2014, 11:01:51 PM
I'm quite interested in the role of Black Knight.
Do you have any questions? Or did you want to claim it?

Bibliophilia

Yeah, I'll go ahead and claim it.

I'll have to have a picture showing him in armor, and then others that show how he looks out of it, though.  There are like no good looking, spooky, Tim Burton-esque black knights.  They're either all armored, or they're just...not right.  Besides, apparently people don't draw/paint African-American men in armor.

Ember Star

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 04, 2014, 11:12:25 PM
Yeah, I'll go ahead and claim it.

I'll have to have a picture showing him in armor, and then others that show how he looks out of it, though.  There are like no good looking, spooky, Tim Burton-esque black knights.  They're either all armored, or they're just...not right.  Besides, apparently people don't draw/paint African-American men in armor.

alright. He's marked off as claimed.

I look forward to seeing him! :D

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ember Star

Quote from: Kokaine on September 05, 2014, 12:02:04 AM
Okay. I going to go ahead and ask to claim the Red Queen.
and added
Update:
  • Claims are updated
  • All approved characters have been stuck under spoilers in the world building thread for viewing.
  • I'm going to bed, so I'll catch anything new in the morning. 'Night all.

Bibliophilia

Would anyone mind if the Black Knight were a loyal servant of the Red Queen?

Ember Star

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 05, 2014, 04:54:46 PM
Would anyone mind if the Black Knight were a loyal servant of the Red Queen?
I usually view him as such anyhow. So I don't mind.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

CurvyKitten

Nope I don't think so, this is what Cannon characters are available last time I looked.

Available Cannon Inspired Roles:
  • Alice claimed by Bloodied Porcelain
  • The Red Queen claimed by Kokaine
  • The White Queen
  • The Knave of Hearts claimed by Landshark
  • The Black Knight claimed by Bibliophilia
  • The White Knight
  • The White Rabbit
  • The Mad Hatter claimed by ehlamjanx
  • The March Hare claimed by TheBlackThrone
  • The Cheshire Cat claimed by Ember Star
  • The Door Mouse claimed by Ember Star
  • The Blue Caterpillar claimed by Vampyre Valkyrie
  • The Tweedle Twins claimed by Curvykitten

Ember Star

Quote from: AndyZ on September 05, 2014, 08:52:01 PM
Anyone claim White Rabbit yet?
As CK said, no. The list is updated as roles are claimed. I did have one person interested in WR. But since they already claimed one role, they were gonna wait and see before claiming s second.

Chrystal

Having just had a conversation with Ember via PM, I am going to register a claim for the Jabberwock, and give a big hug to  Vampyre Valkyrie too... :)

Ember and Beep I will let you have a charsheet soon!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

Update:
  • Claims are updated
  • The Black Knight has been added to tue world building thread.
  • I'll put up official OOC and character threads this weekend
  • IC will not launch until most currently claimed characters are submitted (probably a week, give or take)

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Chrystal on September 06, 2014, 01:22:54 PM
Having just had a conversation with Ember via PM, I am going to register a claim for the Jabberwock, and give a big hug to  Vampyre Valkyrie too... :)

Ember and Beep I will let you have a charsheet soon!

*Salutes* No prob.
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|