Vampire the Masquerade Sabbat Game - Bloody Bastion [System]

Started by Esoterrorist, February 18, 2018, 04:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

Quote from: Esoterrorist on February 19, 2018, 01:47:51 PM
Lockepick: Tremere, no matter what the lineage, have never had access to Koldunic Sorcery because of Thaumaturgy. That's like saying "Vicissitude allows me to change shapes so can I have the level 5 power of Protean instead of Vicissitude?" I may make a list but no, just because it is printed in the book does not mean every Tremere can learn it. Thaumaturgy is a weird beast and requires plenty of research and training in it - having it as a Clan Discipline just means it is easier to learn not that you can just spontaneously learn a Path of it or a ritual.

You're coming off as a little condescending here. My mistake is that I first tried to find out what the Telavalic Tremere were through searching, and that took me to this write up which states that a Telavalic Tremere can learn Koldunic Sorcery. I realize now that this content isn't V20, but a mistake in editions like that hardly warrants your response. I just want to it clear I wasn't making wild assumptions such as assuming one discipline randomly gives me another.

I'm going to withdraw my interest. Plenty of GMs out there who can talk to me with respect.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Esoterrorist

I'm sorry if that came off as condescending. I was just trying to clarify with an example. I didn't know how you had confused things and I was trying to be very clear. I have been dealing with a few deaths and depression lately so I might be rougher around the edges than normal. If anyone else feels this way I am sorry. I will say I am a strict ST within regards to what I want to see and what I don't want to see and can be pretty anal about things.

Anyway, again; I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent.
Sloppy toppy for papi, I leave sloppy Joe shook - I only call you Captain because your dick off the hook!

wander

Meanwhile, I can see Drow's need to play the special unique snowflake growing again...  ;D

Okay in all seriousness about my own Tzimisce, I figured I'd have my character's background fluff-wise would fit the Zantosa. So that's that done. Now gonna figure where freebies will go and what Merits I'm sticking to. Character should pretty much be done then when I edit all them changes in, I think. :)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 19, 2018, 05:08:06 PM
Meanwhile, I can see Drow's need to play the special unique snowflake growing again...  ;D

Okay in all seriousness about my own Tzimisce, I figured I'd have my character's background fluff-wise would fit the Zantosa. So that's that done. Now gonna figure where freebies will go and what Merits I'm sticking to. Character should pretty much be done then when I edit all them changes in, I think. :)

...Wander stop please. I just like some disciplines more than others. xD

Plus playing a shovelhead kind of makes it more believable, lots of blood gets used. No one ever said it's only from one clan. xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

wander

I'm being leg-pullish, my own Tzimisce is drifting close to Marty Stu territory.

I'm looking through the LARP books, as they give actual dot examples of actual usages of Allies and Contacts, helping me figure what I'm going to go for on that side of things. Backgrounds are nice and cheap, though spoiled for choice admittedly. Many of them fit my concept, though only so many freebies to boost them...

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 19, 2018, 05:42:18 PM
I'm being leg-pullish, my own Tzimisce is drifting close to Marty Stu territory.

I'm looking through the LARP books, as they give actual dot examples of actual usages of Allies and Contacts, helping me figure what I'm going to go for on that side of things. Backgrounds are nice and cheap, though spoiled for choice admittedly. Many of them fit my concept, though only so many freebies to boost them...

... Would he by chance need someone who won't be as easily horrified of his flesh sculpting? Izzy has a nize cozy confessional where he can confess his sins and have someone not call him a monster. xD
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

wander

Ha!

He feels no shame for his actions! His art is a thing of beauty and now he the canvass of the flesh to ply it on!  :D

Of course if anyone wishes for some... body modification beyond piercing and tattooes, he'd be very eager to hear out your wishes.  :-)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 19, 2018, 05:49:39 PM
Ha!

He feels no shame for his actions! His art is a thing of beauty and now he the canvass of the flesh to ply it on!  :D

Of course if anyone wishes for some... body modification beyond piercing and tattooes, he'd be very eager to hear out your wishes.  :-)

Depends on what sort of modifications he's offering. She might not want the horrifying things...but if he was looking to make her even more alluring who is she to refuse him the practice of using his powers for a good cause (after all she can always reset her body afterwards xD) ;)

wander

Well if she can just get rid of the mods, where's the fun in that?  :D

I've nearly completed the sheet. Went with Pain Tolerance for a Merit after. It made the most honest sense out of the all the stuff there to have. Just need to sort out the freebies in my character's Abilities and Backgrounds still (it's all WIP and just random thoughts splattered over there now) and then I can sort out the Bio for them.

RubySlippers

Well Caitiff or Pander like she would know the difference.

Question I noticed archaic and dead languages have a higher cost would that exclude those one can still learn for example Classical Greek, Biblical Hebrew and Latin all are taught the last even in High School especially if religious ones and the rest are common for those with theology degrees of various kinds.

Esoterrorist

To me a dead or exclusive language is more like an American Highschooler knowing Sanskrit or a 30 year old vampire being fluent in Enochian. Less so those still taught and available.
Sloppy toppy for papi, I leave sloppy Joe shook - I only call you Captain because your dick off the hook!

wander

And there's me worrying about my character being a former Revenant, due to their one Flaw from Lore of Clans.

I learned that Revenants being basically natural-born ghouls their entire lives through eugenics thanks to the Tzimisce essentially do age though at a quarter of the pace.
So, when a Revenant reaches say outwardly (and probably mentally, most Revenant Clans due to their strange aspect of slow aging are likely home-taught) 18 years old, they've got an actual age of 72. I figured my own character would be physically and mentally 21 before they took the Embrace, so they'd have been around for 84 years before now and so born circa 1923 and reaching an adult understanding of the world by late '80s, early 90s.

Unless the GM calls shenanigans on all that and I'll of course change the Flaw.

Esoterrorist

The great thing about Revenant Disciplines and Flaws is that they can be transferred from sire to childe. You could easily have had a sire with Zantosa heritage in them and just gotten very unlucky instead of being an actual revenant.

wander

Ah, didn't know that... Cool cool. :)

I'm nearly done, just got Backgrounds left. I was gonna look through the Player's Guide and see if any Titles seemed fun or if I'd do vanilla Status. I'm sorta worried I'm gonna be lacking on Generation though, Drow got basically an Ancillae happening and I see my own Tzimisce being 12th Gen.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Esoterrorist on February 20, 2018, 02:29:08 PM
To me a dead or exclusive language is more like an American Highschooler knowing Sanskrit or a 30 year old vampire being fluent in Enochian. Less so those still taught and available.

LOL  No I'm thinking Latin as one language picked up in Catholic High School but wanted to check.

wander

Righto, finally character sheet is done!

I need to sort out the Bio now...

I think I can justify each dot my character has at least though. I even have thoughts on potential Sires too. I'll throw up a basic simple bio tomorrow and then I shall clarify to GM whatever may need to be added to it. I have a strong idea in my head of who the character is, though I've never been too strong at getting down bios.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 20, 2018, 06:48:19 PM
Righto, finally character sheet is done!

I need to sort out the Bio now...

I think I can justify each dot my character has at least though. I even have thoughts on potential Sires too. I'll throw up a basic simple bio tomorrow and then I shall clarify to GM whatever may need to be added to it. I have a strong idea in my head of who the character is, though I've never been too strong at getting down bios.

Cool. Still trying to pin to what pack to join. :3

wander

What's your character's personality? What seems like the best fit and why? The Packs all seem fairly... extreme in their own ways and to different levels. What's your character concept? Why did you pick what you did?

Those answered should direct you more.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 20, 2018, 06:57:04 PM
What's your character's personality? What seems like the best fit and why? The Packs all seem fairly... extreme in their own ways and to different levels. What's your character concept? Why did you pick what you did?

Those answered should direct you more.

Well currently I'm not the fence between the spoopy Europeans and the Antebellum rejects (Sir Mordecai just speaks to me for some reason).

Was intially thinking Miss Archbishop's pack, but possibly getting to make her fall from her high horse and her place of power is almost too much an interesting temptation to pass up. xD

InoshimaLance

Questions for fun mostly: What if an Embrace happens when you receive blood from two different Vampires (with different Disciplines or even Clans). Would the victim have the skill to have skills inherited from both? Or does one blood takes domain over the other?

Are Panders/Caitiffs only outcasts cause they know not of their sire, could they still develop Obtenebartion being sired by a Lasombra? Or do they loose those rights too? Meaning they also don't inherit clan-centered disciplines?

Ok, my concept is an easy-going guy in the surface, very friendly and kinda helpful, wanting to enjoy his newfound inmortality. On reality, he has two sides, that same happy-guy side, and also a somewhat Monster/Sadist nature that he keeps in check cause he understands the meanings of bloodshed, yet when he can let it out, he is happy to see others suffering a lot, specially his enemies/targets. I am trying to fit this into the Lasombra's Backgrounds or maybe an Antitribu Giovanni, cause the sires on both are kind of closed up in what they embrace. So I need to work a good reason, right?

Do Shovelheads receive lesser abilities or some sort of permanent damage to them?

Could a Vampy in the Sabbat request his own personal Blood Brother's Squad? Sounds like a nice fun-time exploit I wanna try out, x3. Maybe make 3 blood brothers have a 2nd level blood bond with a character?

Drowdeviant

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 20, 2018, 11:27:49 PM
Questions for fun mostly: What if an Embrace happens when you receive blood from two different Vampires (with different Disciplines or even Clans). Would the victim have the skill to have skills inherited from both? Or does one blood takes domain over the other?

Are Panders/Caitiffs only outcasts cause they know not of their sire, could they still develop Obtenebartion being sired by a Lasombra? Or do they loose those rights too? Meaning they also don't inherit clan-centered disciplines?

Ok, my concept is an easy-going guy in the surface, very friendly and kinda helpful, wanting to enjoy his newfound inmortality. On reality, he has two sides, that same happy-guy side, and also a somewhat Monster/Sadist nature that he keeps in check cause he understands the meanings of bloodshed, yet when he can let it out, he is happy to see others suffering a lot, specially his enemies/targets. I am trying to fit this into the Lasombra's Backgrounds or maybe an Antitribu Giovanni, cause the sires on both are kind of closed up in what they embrace. So I need to work a good reason, right?

Do Shovelheads receive lesser abilities or some sort of permanent damage to them?

Could a Vampy in the Sabbat request his own personal Blood Brother's Squad? Sounds like a nice fun-time exploit I wanna try out, x3. Maybe make 3 blood brothers have a 2nd level blood bond with a character?

I think Catiffs are what occur from what you're describing Ino. Basically Panders/Catiffs are considered clanless because they don't know or were abandoned by their sire. Usually they're the result of the shovelhead method though with blood donors from multiple clans so the blood a neonate gets is pretty muddied. xD

Catiffs can have any discipline Ino. Being clanless means you don't know what sort of powers you got from your embrace (hence why my gal has the trump disciplines of three whole clans alone).

Now the BIG problem with playing Catiff/Pander is you can't let other kindred find out you're clanless otherwise you're likely gonna be killed on the spot. You're both feared, reviled and persecuted because you plain don't fit into the puzzle of kindred society like one of a clan does. Aka welcome to the hideous unwanted abomination club. :3

Ok here's the problem with your concept. He can still try to act human for the most part (though those in the Sabbat think that is heretical because the sect's big motto is basically "Humans are tasty cattle and we are the master race that must rule over them").

He can be a nice guy mind you, its' just having him having such a split personality...is problematic. What you have to decide really is whether he's truly a nice guy deep down or whether he merely pretends to be to conceal his more sadistic side. What you define as your guy's "real personality" is basically how you keep him from frenzying and almost certainly doing something that will see him put down for being a liability to local kindred community at large.

Remember when you frenzy you almost entirely lose control of what he does until he comes out of it, so him only indulging his nature on occasion as you want could prove problematic in play. :P

Also if you have his nature be sadist you have to remember that indulging it could mean he's hurting innocent people to keep himself from losing his mind. Sadist's entry basically says you're inflicting pain merely for the sick twisted pleasure it gives you, not because someone deserves exactly. My gal is also has a sadist nature. :3

Shovelhead is merely a title Ino, basically it means you are seen as a newly forged untested tool in the sabbat hierarchy and not even worthy of concern, pity or regard of your fellow sect members (basically shovelheads are untested infants and haven't proved they can serve the Sabbat yet so they're generally treated like utter shit). Being one just means you started as the lowest of the low and have hopefully risen in rank since then.

I would imagine a low rank kindred couldn't simply request a blood brother squad, after all they're expensive assets in terms of resources to simply create them...also they're meant really for war time only because they can't be used for much else then being a big blob of bodies pointed at the enemy to cause havoc. I would say you at least have to be a bishop or higher in Sabbat rank before you could have one or more blood bros as your own private retainers. Also they aren't blood bound to someone typically, they're made to be loyal to Sabbat members right off the bat.

Big thing you have to remember with the Sabbat is resources are usually shared between packs at least to some degree, so one kindred requesting to have three blood bros all to himself would put a lot of people on alert pronto.

wander

Shovelhead comes from the Sabbat method of knocking someone out with a shovel, then throwing them in a dug hole with a bunch of others, sprinkling vitae on them before burying them alive and those who manage to dig their way out are basically 'Shovelheads', the mass produced shock troop meatshields for the True Sabbat members. They are hit over the head with a shovel and after are left to it. Many don't even know they've been turned into a vampire before they're slain in the meat grinder against the Camarilla.

Disciplines are powers usually taught by the Sire, then learned and mastered as the vampire understands their existence. Some are kept completely in-clan to give a Clan an edge (Tremere's Thaumaturgy) or happen due to some quirk of the Clan (Tzimisce's Viccisitude). It is usually assumed in a default Vampire game that you have spent some years with your Sire beforehand and get a basic working knowledge of your Disciplines, representing the first few dots your character has in them.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 21, 2018, 12:33:46 PM
Shovelhead comes from the Sabbat method of knocking someone out with a shovel, then throwing them in a dug hole with a bunch of others, sprinkling vitae on them before burying them alive and those who manage to dig their way out are basically 'Shovelheads', the mass produced shock troop meatshields for the True Sabbat members. They are hit over the head with a shovel and after are left to it. Many don't even know they've been turned into a vampire before they're slain in the meat grinder against the Camarilla.

Disciplines are powers usually taught by the Sire, then learned and mastered as the vampire understands their existence. Some are kept completely in-clan to give a Clan an edge (Tremere's Thaumaturgy) or happen due to some quirk of the Clan (Tzimisce's Viccisitude). It is usually assumed in a default Vampire game that you have spent some years with your Sire beforehand and get a basic working knowledge of your Disciplines, representing the first few dots your character has in them.

Also when he says being buried with others Ino we’re taking big ole mass graves. The Sabbat normally only use this tactic when they need a shit ton of expendable troops pronto. Any shovelhead survives war usually is either killed or put through the wringer that entails becoming a “true Sabbat” aka an official sect member of still the low man on the proverbial totem pole. ;)

Also that bit about disciplines is mainly why catiffs and panders are so persecuted, they are basically a wild card and that unnerves those in the clans,  plus being one says that you were abandoned by your sire for some negative reason. ;)

wander

I'll be doing my Bio hopefully tomorrow now for my character. Been too busy today to really sit down and do it. The sheet is done and ready though.

Any word from our GM when the game will start and when things are due for?

InoshimaLance

Jarred Von Alden

Concept: Investigator / Soldier / Socialite

Clan: Lasombra

Nature: Bon Vivant (Hedonistic and some Sadistic Pleasures)
- Regain a point of Willpower whenever you truly enjoy yourself and can fully express your exultation.

Demeanour: Chameleon or Caregiver

Chosen Pack: The Antebellum Rebels (maybe)

Attributes

Show
Physical (7 dots)
Strength: 000xx
Dexterity: 0000x
Stamina: 000xx

Social (5 dots + 2 freebies)
Charisma: 00xxx
Manipulation: 0000x
Appearance: 000xx

Mental (3 dots)
Perception: 000xx
Intelligence: 0xxxx
Wits: 00xxx

Abilities

Show
Talents (13 points + 10 freebies)
Alertness 00xxx
Athletics 00xxx
Awareness xxxxx
Brawl 000xx
Empathy 000xx
Expression xxxxx
Intimidation 00xxx
Leadership 000xx
Streetwise xxxxx
Subterfuge 000xx

Skills (9 points)
Animal Ken xxxxx
Crafts xxxxx
Drive 0xxxx
Etiquette xxxxx
Firearm 000xx
Larceny xxxxx
Melee 000xx
Performance xxxxx
Stealth 0xxxx
Survival 0xxxx

Knowledge (5 points)
Academics xxxxx
Computer 0xxxx
Finance xxxxx
Investigation 000xx
Law 0xxxx
Medicine xxxxx
Occult xxxx
Politics xxxxx
Science xxxxx
Technology xxxxx

Disciplines (5)
Show
* Obtenebration (In-clan) 000xx
* Dominate (In-clan) 0xxxx
* Auspex (Off-clan) 00xxx

Backgrounds (5 + 2 freebies)
Show
* Retainers 000xx
* Contacts 00xxx
* Allies 0xxxx
* Herd 0xxxx

Path: Path of the Night (5)

Virtues (5)
Show
Conviction 000xx
Instinct 00xxx
Courage 000xx

Final Bits
Show

Willpower: 5 (+ 3 freebies)

Blood Pool: 5/10

Merits: Acute Sense (+1, Ears), Eat Food (+1), Friendly Face (+1), Catlike Balance (+1), Introspection (+1), Lawman's Friend (+2)

Flaws: Glowing Eyes (3, Azure), Old Flame or Rival Sires (2)(Discresion of the GM, lets use this to have fun in the story)

FREEBIES AVAILABLE: 18 (+5 flaws) = 23 pts

This is what I have gotten so far guys. I also have the main part of the background, but first I wanted to check on this one. Basically a Policeman with a really twisted sense of justice where his victims are criminals that do not deserve to be called humans and must be used to sate his sadistic needs, while other humans are cattle that need direction and control from their vampire overlords.