Question about making threads

Started by Mossberg, January 18, 2014, 08:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg

I'm thinking of trying to set up a group roleplay based on a certain series and would like to ask some questions, because honestly I'm pretty lost and if the answers are already here I have no idea where to find them.

1. Can I start working on the information that people may need to know about the series before I do an interest check or get anybody to say they'll join in on it? More specifically I mean set up a thread listing abilities, locations, creatures, etc.

2. How many threads am I allowed to create to use for said group?

Those are the only questions that come to mind right this moment, but I'm sure I'll have more when I either think of them or possibly depending on peoples answers.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Nico

Hello! :-)

1.) Yes, of course you can do that. Personally, I would do an interest check first, though, before you do all the work, but this is certainly up to you. Or you can post the information in the interest check thread as well. This way, people get some informations right away.

2.) As many as you want/need/think are necessary. There is no limit (as far as I know). My groups both have a lot of rooms.

If you need any help, please just send me a PM and I see what I can do.
-Nic

Blythe

Hey Mossberg.

1) Yes, you can.

2) Here are the rules for small and big groups regarding number of threads:
Small groups
1) You may have a number of threads equal to twice the number of participants (players and gms).
2) Use the same tag to start each thread title, for example [Home of the Horny Housemaids] for your game.

Big groups
1. If your game has over 1000 in-character (IC) posts, please contact a staff member to request a subforum for your game.
        OOC posts do not count toward this 1000 post requirement. This includes character sheets, recruitment threads, OOC threads, etc.
2.  Only one forum will be permitted per game; no subforums of your game forum are allowed.

You can find them in any of the stickies that say "Elliquiy Site Roleplaying and Storytelling Rules," which are usually found in the various RP category groups.

Mossberg

Okay, thank you both for answering my questions.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Nico