DH: Cleansing Fire

Started by Jaded, February 19, 2014, 02:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

This is a Dark Heresy game and the core rulebook is required. 

INTRODUCTION

For more than a decade the Cleansing Fire, the ship of Inquisitor Jovana, has been travelling the Calixis Sector.  It pauses at world after world, rarely staying for more than a few weeks.  At each stop it unleashes the Inquisitor’s small army of servants and acolytes to seek, hunt, and recruit.  When the ship departs, it is usually missing several old faces, and home to several new ones. 

The characters have been recruited by the Inquisitor Jovana sometime in the last few months.  They have been travelling on her ship in the company of her other servants and acolytes, though there is rarely any discussion of their task or what missions they have completed.  None of the characters have yet completed any sort of mission for the Inquisitor.  While each has met Inquisitor Jovana a single time to be welcomed and briefed on the importance of their task, the main person they interact with is an Adept by the name of Nicolo. 

RULES

You can roll your Characteristics and such through the dice bot here, any other website will not be allowed, or can assign 100 points between them with a maximum of 20 in any one characteristic.  I’d like character sheets to be posted in text here, and not located on another website. 

I will be allowing the use of the Core Rulebook and the Inquisitor’s Handbook.

I don’t have a specific number of players in mind, and while I’d prefer a somewhat balanced group, I won’t be limiting classes unless it looks like the majority of people are interested in the same one.

I will be locating the game in the Extreme section.  I don’t see sex as being the focus, but I do see the group going up against very nasty enemies.  I will try to keep any sex scenes to a secondary thread, and will fade to black as needed for scenes that people don’t want to roleplay. 

I will probably include a long term NPC/GMPC, but will do my best to keep her in a secondary role.

If someone wants to play a villain, either reoccurring or a series of expendable ones, let me know. 

Thanks for your interest!

Muse

Oh!  This is exciting, Jaded!  May I play?  I could bring a psycher? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jaded

A psyker is fine if you want to join. :-)

Muse

*laughs*  May i reroll this? 

At 2014-02-19 05:36:01, Muse (uid: 16) rolls: 1d100 Result: 76

"Throne Wed" 

Chem Geld is not a fun talent to RP on Elliquiy! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wargtass

Quote from: Muse on February 19, 2014, 05:39:22 AM
"Throne Wed" 

Not necessarily true. It's all about interpretation. Sure it gives you protection against seductions, but that doesn't mean you are entirely cut of from sensuality and sexuality. After all, you can still desire someone, you might just not notice their mutual interest as well.
O/O

Pumpkin Seeds

Sounds like a good place for a Sister.

Kevben Battleheart

I do think I shall apply for your game as well Jaded. You can expect a guardsmen from me.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Jaded

Quote from: Muse on February 19, 2014, 05:39:22 AM
*laughs*  May i reroll this? 

At 2014-02-19 05:36:01, Muse (uid: 16) rolls: 1d100 Result: 76

"Throne Wed" 

You can reroll it if you want, or play it in a fashion where you haven't been fully gelded.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 19, 2014, 09:28:40 AM
Sounds like a good place for a Sister.

A Sister is fine if you want to play one. :-)

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on February 19, 2014, 02:45:54 PM
I do think I shall apply for your game as well Jaded. You can expect a guardsmen from me.

Sounds good. :-)

Jaded

A text character sheet is available in the Character and Game Information thread.

The Character and Game Information Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197614.0
The OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197615.0

Recruitment is still open for anyone that wants to join. :-)

Landshark

Ok i hate it when people do this but just call me a hypocrite. I see your only allowing the main book and Inq handbook. Is there any way you would allow the Lathes Worlds book as well? Completely understand if the answer is no ive just been jonesing to play a Lathesmaster.

Otherwise id like to play an Adept possibly

TheGlyphstone

Hells yes. I haven't even scanned the thread yet, but I'll pick based on a role no one else has filled yet.

If you let Landshark play a Techpriest with Lathes Worlds, then I'll play an Scum or Assassin. Otherwise he can be an Adept and I'll be a core-book Techpriest.

Never mind. I've fallen in love with a Metallican Gunslinger Scum.

Question, though:
You can roll your Characteristics and such through the dice bot here, any other website will not be allowed, or can assign 100 points between them with a maximum of 20 in any one characteristic.
I must be missing something, but the default is 2d10+20, +/-5 for two specific stats based on Homeworld. Why would anyone ever take option 2, since the minimum you can get in an average stat is 22. Or is this meant to be pre-Homeworld bonuses? Assuming so, because it makes no sense otherwise.

Noble Scum it is.
Stats then...
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
WS 3+20=23
BS 17+20=37
S 4+20=24
T 10+20=30
Ag 15+20=35
Int 8+20=28
Per 12+20=32
WP 15+15=30
Fel 16+25=41
Homeworld Skills: Literacy, Speak Language (High Gothic), Speak Language (Low Gothic).
Homeworld Talents: Peer (Nobility) and Peer (Mercantile), Vendetta, Wealthy.
Lineage of Renown: 1d100 Result: 8 - Merchant Magnates - rolled before choosing my Peer, wasn't a coincidence.
Wounds: 1d5a8 Result: 9.....ouchie.
Fate Points: 1d10 Result: 8 - 2 Fate Points.
Build: Svelte (1.85m, 70kg)
Coloration: Brown Hair, Fair Skin, Green Eyes
Quirk: Bullet Wound Scar.
Career Skills: Speak Language (Low Gothic), Blather, Charm, Deceive, Awareness, Common Lore (Imperium)
Career Talents: Ambidextrous, Melee Training (Primitive), Pistol Training (SP), Basic Weapon Training (SP), Knave of Pistols

Divination = 1d100 Result: 31.....“If a job is worth doing it is worth dying for.” Gain the Frenzy talent. Can I re-roll this? It's worse than useless for a pistolero. If yes, my re-roll was...another Frenzy. Rerolled again, got 1d100 Result: 74 - “In the darkness, follow the light of Terra.” Increase Willpower by +3.

Purchases:
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic) = 100 XP, Gunslinger = 300 XP

Jaded

I am going to put launching this game on hold, sorry.