Dragon Age: Aftermath

Started by Primarch, August 11, 2012, 11:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Oreida Wesker and I would like to set up a Dragon Age RP set directly after the blight in Fereldon, with the country recovering from a civil war and the Darkspawn invasion there is much to clean up and much to rebuild.
We shall be taking the approach that there were multiple Grey Wardens recruited by Duncan (each of the Origin paths, respectively). The achievements in the game shall be split up among players (such as, a Human Noble character may have aided Arl Eamon & may have traveled to Soldier's Peak to bring the Grey Warden Keep back into working order while a Daelish Elf character may have helped the Daelish Elves, securing their aid against the blight and been the Champion that fought and killed Loghain.

This game aims to explore the politics and tensions of Fereldon after the events of the game, putting characters in positions where they must do what they can to help their people after assuming various leadership roles or aiding leaders. We'll also hopefully have some classic fantasy combat action, chasing down Darkspawn remnants, battling deadly Revanents & subtle Crows.

The game will be freeform with Oreida Wesker and I moderating when required (primarily if player versus player combat arises).
Each character may claim 2 in game major achievements, a suit of special armour/robes & a weapon. Although the game shall be freeform, we shall ask players to select skills from the game so as to develop an idea and guideline of what their character is strong at and where they are lacking.

Players may also choose to take on the role of a canon from the game (Such as Alister or Leliana) or may take on a complete OC based on no reference from the game, although we ask any Grey Wardens not based on an Origin Path (or Alister) please be after arriving in Fereldon after the blight.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b] Primary class, may also choose up to 2 Specializations, Awakening classes are allowed
[b]Origin Path:[/b] If applicable, NA will suffice if it is not

[b]Appearance:[/b] Image/game screenshot will suffice

[b]Equipment:[/b] May select 2 unique items (an armour set counts as 1), plus any other desired equipment
[b]Skills:[/b]  As "finished game" characters you may select up to 20, must take prerequisite talents. Level requirements may be ignored.

[b]History:[/b] Character backstory and events during the Fifth Blight

[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

Origin Paths claimed
City Elf (Male & Female)
Dwarf Commoner
Elven Mage
Human Noble

In-Game Achievements/Events/Story points claimed
Return to Ostagar
Warden's Keep
Ser Cautherin's defeat
Loghain MacTyr's defeat
Paragon of Her Kind
Golems of Amgaraak
Unrest in the Alienage
Sacred Ashes
Saving Connor
Broken Circle/Magic Sympathizer

Unique Equipment Claimed
King Cailan's Armour Set
Starfang
Dragon Brand
Evon the Great's Mail
Felon's Coat
Rose's Thorn
Staff of the Magister Lords
Lifegiver

If you have any questions or comments please say~!
Otherwise character apps welcome.

Oreida Wesker

Game Links:
Dragon Age OOC Discussion Thread
  Aftermath - Warden's Keep
Aftermath - Denerim]https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151295.0]Aftermath - Denerim

MAP:

Claimed Origin Paths and Family Names
Human Noble
Family Name: Cousland
Class: Rogue
Taken By: DRoux

Elf - City
Family Name: Tabris
Class: Warrior/ Rogue
Taken by Primarch & Katra Alexion

Elf - Circle
Family Name: Surana
Class: Mage
Taken By  Latooni Subota

Dwarf - Commoner
Family Name: Brosca
Class: Warrior or Rogue
Taken By Orieda Wesker

Original Story Characters:

Human Noble
Family: Vargas of Rivain
Class: Rogue: Assassian & Legionaire
Created by RedFear

Open Origin Roles:

Dwarf – Noble
Royal Family Name: Aeducan
Class: Warrior / Rogue

Human Mage
Family Name: Amell
Class: Mage

Elf - Dalish
Family Name: Mahariel of Sabrae Clan
Class: Warrior, Rogue, Mage

[Reserved]
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Latooni Subota

Ooh! Primarch (And Oreida!) , this is a pretty awesome way to go about it. Consider me totally interested as a Magi, specifically an elven one. I need to go look up the big achievements and stuff from the game though, since I haven't played DA:O in a while! XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Oreida Wesker

Consider the Elven Mage in reserve.

Hots and Nots

DRoux

Any chance I can get the Human Noble?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Primarch

Latooni Subota

Oopsie, Oreida, I'm not the Dalish elf. I'm the Elven Mage. They're a different elfy surname (Surana) than the other elven options. >.>

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

I've started on my character application and in the event someone else has, I should state I aim to claim achieving the events that happen during the "Return to Ostagar" and "Soldiers Peak" DLC as my characters contributions during the blight. I intend to equip him with Cailan's armour however so the retrieved suit of Grey-Warden Commander Plate can have been gifted to someone else ;D

Oreida Wesker

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 11, 2012, 12:24:38 PM
Oopsie, Oreida, I'm not the Dalish elf. I'm the Elven Mage. They're a different elfy surname (Surana) than the other elven options. >.>

Oh right.. I never played a mage, I forgot there could be Elven in the circle. Most likely a City Elf since there are no mage elves in the Alienage. GOod catch. -scribbles down notes.-
Hots and Nots

DRoux

In the same spirit as Primarch's last post, I'm planning on claiming the Felon's Coat and Rose's Thorn, as well as being the one who killed Howe and Loghain, if the Landsmeet section isn't considered one event.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Primarch

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 12:39:14 PM
In the same spirit as Primarch's last post, I'm planning on claiming the Felon's Coat and Rose's Thorn, as well as being the one who killed Howe and Loghain, if the Landsmeet section isn't considered one event.

Killing Howe only has real significance to the Human Noble. Killing for instance, Ser Cauthrien might warrant a claim of its own but not Howe. 

*edit: I'm also claiming the sword Starfang

Latooni Subota

Here's a question: Are we using Morrigan's trick for having the last Warden survive the final battle, or will one of the 'unused' Warden origins be the one that gets sacrificed?

DRoux

Then I think I'll tack Ser Cauthrien onto that list as well.

Primarch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 11, 2012, 12:46:46 PM
Here's a question: Are we using Morrigan's trick for having the last Warden survive the final battle, or will one of the 'unused' Warden origins be the one that gets sacrificed?

If someone wants to take being the father to Morrigan's babe as one of their claims, they can. Otherwise we'll assume that Alister did the deed, or the trick was refused and Alister made the final strike on the Archdemon, unless someone wants to play Alister. 

Latooni Subota

I wouldn't mind Alistair being the king and daddy. Alistair is cool people. :3

Katra Alexion

Oreida told me about the game and I would like to reserve a spot :3

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 12:59:31 PM
Oreida told me about the game and I would like to reserve a spot :3

Got anything in particular you want to reserve? :P

Oreida Wesker

Claiming  Paragon of Her Kind and Golems of Amgaraak, if anyone wants to share in those gritty tales, that'd be good.. And.. Wouldn't mind aiding you take back the Soldiers' Peak for the wardens, Primarch. Always good to have a dwarf when your up against magic. :P

Also, Oghren hanged out with her a lot, she even tried to help him out with hooking him and Felsi up.

Dibs on Evon the Great's Mail and DragonBrand the greatsword
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

I was thinking a city elf, but barring that if its already taken I could go for the for a Dalish mage.

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 11, 2012, 01:24:57 PM
Claiming  Paragon of Her Kind and Golems of Amgaraak, if anyone wants to share in those gritty tales, that'd be good.. And.. Wouldn't mind aiding you take back the Soldiers' Peak for the wardens, Primarch. Always good to have a dwarf when your up against magic. :P
Certainly.

QuoteAlso, Oghren hanged out with her a lot, she even tried to help him out with hooking him and Felsi up.
Hur hur hur. My character is taking the Templar specialization, so I'm mentioning Alister trained him in that after joining him in the "Return to Ostagar."

QuoteStill trying to decide if my Brosca is Warrior or Rogue..
Dwarf Rogues always seemed weird to me.....

On another note, as there is numerous items of note to obtain in the "Return to Ostagar" DLC, which my character is claiming, I'm referencing that he "gifted the other wardens" with Duncan's swords & dagger and Cailan's swords & shield. So if anyone wants to take any of those as their unique item choices, feel free to decide being the Warden that accepted them. In the event nobody claims them, we'll just pretend it was Nug Crusher and the Repeater Gloves he gifted someone while the unclaimed loots are sitting in some trunk in Warden's Keep, same situation for the Grey-Warden Commander Plate.

Oreida Wesker

Really? Well I was eyeing the Starfang sword you can have forged in Solider's peak.. Awesome damage to dragons
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

I'll sit with a warrior, heh. be awesome to have a chick berserker, all pettite with a huge weapon. ^-^ Heehee.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

to Prim: Is the city elf slot still open? I don't want to confuse anyone if it isn't >.<

to Oreida: I think Oghren might forget about Felsi in light of your gal *lol*

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 11, 2012, 01:49:10 PM
Really? Well I was eyeing the Starfang sword you can have forged in Solider's peak.. Awesome damage to dragons

I claimed Starfang above, but I shall switch to The Summer Sword, my gift to you~

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 01:52:52 PM
to Prim: Is the city elf slot still open? I don't want to confuse anyone if it isn't >.<

Well I'm making a Male City Elf but I wouldn't mind sharing the origin for a female depending on what you have in mind?

Oreida Wesker

-juts her hip out and gives her rump a good smack- Ah, that mad dwarven stallion wouldn't know how to sauce her rump roast. Heh, he'll just pass out from the hotness.  It's okay, sexy you have your Starfang. I got the DragonBrand.. though I haven't looked over the waraxes and hammers yet.
Hots and Nots

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 11, 2012, 02:01:11 PM
-juts her hip out and gives her rump a good smack- Ah, that mad dwarven stallion wouldn't know how to sauce her rump roast. Heh, he'll just pass out from the hotness.  It's okay, sexy you have your Starfang. I got the DragonBrand.. though I haven't looked over the waraxes and hammers yet.

Go with the Demonslayer hammer! For the name alone xD

Primarch

Name: Darrian Tabris
Race:Elf
Class: Warrior, Champion & Templar
Origin Path: City Elf

Appearance:

Darrian

Equipment: Darrian wields the greatsword Starfang, which was crafted from metal from a fallen star. This already incredible swords is made all the more dangerous by the Runic enchantments Sandal placed in them, empowering the sword with lightning & frost and allows him to attack more quickly. All the runes are of Paragon quality. When he returned to Ostagar after the battle he obtained King Cailan's massive suit of armour and wore it throughout the blight. He occasionally makes use of a Whitewood longbow.
Skills:
Sunder Arms > Shattering Blows > Sunder Armour > Destroyer
Mighty Blow > Powerful Swings > Two Handed Strength > Two Handed Sweep
War Cry > Rally > Motivate > Superiority
Righteous Strike > Cleanse Area > Mental Fortress > Holy Smite

History: Tabris was born in Denerim Alienage, a place that left them as second class citizens that had so little they aspired to poverty. Elves of Denerim were so poor, the ones who managed to secure temporary work of servitude to humans were considered lucky. Darrian rarely caused trouble in his youth however, despite many claims that he had inherited his mothers wild ways but he was known to stand up for himself. When Darrian was grown, he was to wed Nesiara, the eldest daughter of a good family from the Highever alienage. The ceremony was interrupted by by the Arl of Denerim's son and his friends whom for all intents and purposes kidnapped Nesiara, Darrian's cousins fiance, Darrian's cousin Shianni and another. Darrian and his cousin Soris, under the approval of their Elder and the Grey Warden Duncan, infiltrated the Arl's Estate and broke into his Manse. Darrian butchered every guard he found, looted the armoury and proceeded to find the Arl's son (Bann Vaughan) and his friends after just raping Shianni. Vaughan attempted making a deal with Darrian whom promptly slew him and his friends. Most of the Elven girls were rescued, but one was murdered by the Arl's guards before they could intervene.

Upon returning to the Alienage the women were seen to safety before the city guards arrived. Darrian confessed to the murders at the Estate, taking Soris's share of the blame too. Duncan intervened and used the Rite of Conscription, saving Darrian from certain execution. Darrian traveled to Ostagar where he met many other recruits and went under the Joining. During the battle of Ostagar Darrian joined the other Wardens in fighting their way to the top of the Tower, where they were over run but saved by Flemeth. While other Wardens went about getting the treaties honoured, Darrian returned to Ostagar where he battled the remnant Darkspawn forces, including a Necromancer and Ogre that slew Cailan that had been returned from the dead. Darrian acquired the fallen King's equipment that had been looted by the Darkspawn and adorned it himself, along with that of Duncan before giving Cailan a proper burial upon a funeral pyre. Alister, whom had joined him in Ostagar trained Darrian in the ways of the Templar as a token of appreciation for his efforts to honour Cailan and a sign of their growing friendship.

With Ostagar safe Darrian traveled North to Soldiers Peak to aide Levy Dryden in discovering information about his great grandmother Sophie Dryden, a previous Warden Commander. The former Warden Keep was over run by demons and undead, which Darrian promptly slew. Eventually he found the Grey Warden Blood Mage Avernus, after accepting his aide in banishing the demons Darrian executed Avernus for his crimes. Once the Keep was safe he named himself its new Commander and opened its facilities to his fellow Grey Wardens. On his way to Denerim in preparation of the Landsmeet, Darrian discovered a crater where a star had fallen, he managed to extract a very high-quality ore and returned to the Warden's Keep where the blacksmith crafted him Starfang, his famous sword. Between Ostagar and the Warden's Keep Darrian found a wide variety of finely crafted weapons and armour, much of which he gifted to his fellow Wardens.

After the Landsmeet Darrian became very protective of his Elves, especially after it was revealed that Loghain had been selling them to slavery. He took any Elves that were interested and brought them to Warden's Keep where they were given permanent, safe work. Humans with duties that required special training were informed to take on Elves as Apprentices. Although the Elves of the Denerim Alienage now had less competition for what jobs were available and more room in their cramped Alienage he promised he would help them all as he could.

With the Landsmeet was resolved and Loghain was executed Darrian joined the others in the battles at Recliffe and of course the battle of Denerim, where he joined the others atop Fort Drakon and fought the Archdemon. Afterwards, with the Civil War and the Fifth Blight ended he returned to Warden's Keep to assess his resources. Since then he has become one of the most vocal supporters of Elf rights and equal treatment in Fereldon and an extreme critic of the Chantry. Some say he has rebellion on his mind if the situation doesn't change for the Elves.

Ons: Empowered Elven Women, submissive humans (especially nobles), oral, public places
Offs: Body waste, mutilation, generally 'extreme' categories

Katra Alexion

I am thinking a make a female city elf spite who was married all of five minutes before being swept away to Vaughn's manner and kicked their ass getting out, losing the new hubby in the process. Which also means she can help out with Unrest in the Alienage, Paragon of her own and Soldier's peak

Name: Kallian Tabris
Race: Elven
Class: Rogue -

Appearance: WIP

Equipment: WIP
Skills:  WIP

Ons:
Offs:

Primarch

I wouldn't encourage helping with too much, as we have numerous Wardens performing the various missions in the game things move along faster. If anything I'd suggest you claim Unrest in the Alienage as your own unless somebody else has and help out with Paragon of her own. There's already someone helping out with Soldier's Peak and the more people involved the less significant each person's role in it becomes.

Katra Alexion

Sure, not a problem *grins* Unrest in the Alienage it is then, though I was also kinda hoping for Sacred Ashes. Loved that quest.

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 02:21:06 PM
Sure, not a problem *grins* Unrest in the Alienage it is then, though I was also kinda hoping for Sacred Ashes. Loved that quest.

You can claim 2 in game achievements/story points as having been completed by your character so you could pick those two. Just say your claiming them.

Katra Alexion

Alrighty then. I chose Sacred Ashes and Unrest in the Alienage as my achievements.

DRoux

Just as a question, do we get any more level progression, or do we stick with what we choose at the start?

Primarch

I've updated the opening post with what I believe is all the missions/events & equipment that's been claimed, along with the origin paths. If I missed anything just post it up here and I'll add it to my list.

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 02:54:12 PM
Just as a question, do we get any more level progression, or do we stick with what we choose at the start?

I'm happy to discuss adding in some extra skills after some landmark point in the RP, but I think it'll be whats selected for a while.

Latooni Subota

Hoo, got waylaid by sudden CLEANING DAY stuff.

In terms of unique equipment, definately going for the Staff of the Magister Lord and Lifegiver Amulet.

Still considering the events though . . . maybe "Saved Connor's Soul with Blood Magic" at Redcliffe and "Magic Sympathizer" at the tower. Also, though it's not an event thing . . I'd like her to have gone along to the Warden's Keep mission, if only so she could get the potion and learn the unique spell there from it. It's a nice spell, and since she's a Blood Mage it works out nicely thematically.

Primarch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 11, 2012, 03:21:54 PM
In terms of unique equipment, definately going for the Staff of the Magister Lord and Lifegiver Amulet.
I'll put them in the claimed list.

QuoteStill considering the events though . . . maybe "Saved Connor's Soul with Blood Magic" at Redcliffe and "Magic Sympathizer" at the tower. Also, though it's not an event thing . . I'd like her to have gone along to the Warden's Keep mission, if only so she could get the potion and learn the unique spell there from it. It's a nice spell, and since she's a Blood Mage it works out nicely thematically.

Saved Connor's soul & Magic Sympathizer.

Although as I said to Katra, I don't want too many people involved in tagging along with other people's claimed achievements as each person taking part reduces the achievement of the person who claimed it. Soldier's Peak is already claimed and Oreida's Dwarf tagging along.

Latooni Subota

Maybe you can have thought to save the bottle, so your resident expert on magic that isn't a manipulative witch could take a look at it? >.>

Primarch

Alright, but they're counting towards your skill choices, no free abilities. I'd have nabbed'em myself otherwise. :P

Katra Alexion

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 03:55:54 PM
I hear that !  ;D :P

On an unrelated note, I imagine our characters would be siblings? Feel free to reference me in your history (especially the part concerning the origin story) and I'll do the same once your app is done so I can know how to reference.

Katra Alexion

TO Latooni: Lifegiver isn't an amulet, hon - its a ring. Was thinking of taking it for myself but thought i clear it with you first because I didn't see an amulet version.

DRoux

Name: Lorcan Cousland
Race: Human
Class: Rogue, spec Assassin and Shadow
Origin Path: Human Noble

Appearance
(Or something like that; he didn't come out precisely like I wanted him. And he lacks an eyepatch in this picture)

Equipment: The Felon's Coat and The Rose's Thorn, along with drakeskin studded leather gloves and boots, and a dragonbone Crow Dagger. Both daggers were enchanted by Sandal with Momentum and Intensifying runes.

Skills:
Dirty Fighting > Combat Movement > Coup De Grace
Below the Belt > Deadly Strike > Lethality
Stealth > Stealthy Item Use > Combat Stealth
Dual-Weapon Training > Dual-Weapon Finesse
Dual-Weapon Sweep > Flurry > Momentum
Mark of Death > Exploit Weakness > Lacerate
Shadow Form > Decoy > Shadow Striking

History: The second child in the Cousland family, Lorcan had it easy as "the spare" to Fergus' "heir." He spent a great deal of his youth sneaking away from his caretakers and into the city. Eventually to placate his curiosity (and attempt to stop his growing fascination with criminal elements), his father gave him a series of locks and a set of picks, on which he practiced regularly alongside his weapons training . Despite his laziness on several historical subjects, Lorcan was a decent student for Aldous, and was known to spend a few hours in the library now and then researching a few topics more interesting to him, like the Crows, for instance. However, his general dislike for being bored meant he dismissed the Chantry early on as a child, and later philosophically divorced himself entirely from the doctrine in his late adolescence. On an unrelated note, he bedded a chambermaid when he was fifteen, which led to his mother summarily dismissing all of hers, and most of the female servants not already married. Lorcan was thoroughly disappointed.

Then came the whole issue with Arl Howe. The first issue, anyway. With his father and brother riding off to Ostagar to fight the darkspawn and his mother leaving him in charge of affairs in Highever Castle, Lorcan looked at this as smooth sailing. He had his trusty hound brought back to heel once again (even if he did encourage the dog to break into the larder for his amusement), he had a "date" with a pretty elven servant who was visiting with his mother's friend Lady Landra, and he was going to be in charge of a whole Teyrnir for however long it took to fight off the Darkspawn. However, the night after Fergus left to take the family's troops to Ostagar, Howe's troops arrived to sack the castle. In the ensuing combat, Iona, his companion for the night, was killed; he managed to snatch his family sword and shield from the armory before Howe's men got to them; his parents were killed; and most importantly, he was recruited into the Grey Wardens.

At Ostagar, Lorcan met Duncan's other recruits, and ventured into the Wilds, where he met a rather entrancing (to him, anyway) witch who helped them with the treaty half of their task. During this period, he became friends with Daveth, and tended to butt heads with Jory, who he perceived as an idiot, and Allistair, whose humor he enjoyed but whose strict morality he didn't. He survived the Joining, and the Wardens' defeat-by-betrayal at the hands of Teyrn Loghain, whose name was summarily added to his mental list of nobles to kill when he got the chance, right beneath Arl Howe.

While he occasionally ventured out with a group to get a treaty honored, Lorcan spent most of his time training in camp. A friendly relationship with Zevran led to his own training in Crow techniques, and he took to it with gusto; his less-than-cordial relationship with Leliana after his charming exterior fell away meant he missed out on her bardic techniques, but that didn't bother him much. He had picked up a copies of a few books that he remembered from Castle Highever's library, and started teaching himself to blend more with the shadows, to become more invisible on the battlefield.

Come time for the Landsmeet, he spent quite a bit of his down-time in the Pearl, and became friends with Isabella. Despite her offer, Lorcan turned her down on her training, as he was busy with other concerns, like finding Arl Howe after their spat in the presence of Eamon and the Teyrn nearly came to weapons being drawn. During said near-conflict, he developed a similar distaste for Ser Cauthrien as he held for the other two visitors to Arl Eamon's estate. After taking along a group to help him break into the Arl of Denerim's estate, and the subsequent assassination of Howe (with a decapitation carried out by the family sword, as per his mother's request), Lorcan was captured and incarcerated in Fort Drakon by Ser Cauthrien after she and a group of soldiers captured him and the team he'd taken to Howe's estate. After another team infiltrated the fort and broke he and his group out, Lorcan turned his attention to more larcenous endeavors and spent a great deal of time leading up to the Landsmeet going by the alias of "The Dark Wolf" and generally making a mess of Denerim's upper class with his thieving shenanigans.

When the Landsmeet took place, he distracted Cauthrien while the rest of the group went ahead; after all, he'd been after a bit of revenge ever since she essentially told him to back off when he threatened to kill Howe early during their stay in Denerim, and this was only amplified after she knocked him rather hard over the head with the Summer Sword when he wasn't cooperating during his capture. When he got a chance to fight her alone, he delighted in tormenting her before killing her with a thrust through the breastplate. His participation in the Battle of Denerim and combat atop Fort Drakon left him without his left eye, and he began wearing an eyepatch after the battle was over.

Were he to care about more than the next wench he beds or the next big heist he performs, Lorcan would likely be right alongside Darrian in fighting for equality and criticizing the Chantry, but as it stands, he just doesn't care at all. He has set up permanent (if not strictly permitted) residence in Arl Eamon's Denerim estate, maintains regular contact with Fergus by letters, and makes his living continuing with his career as The Dark Wolf. However, he has found that he is donating back a pretty good amount of his takes to rebuilding the city despite himself, and he's a little unsure how to be charitable. In that regard, his donations usually take the form of leaving a hefty sack of sovereigns on the desk of Sergeant Kylon when no one's looking. Given the chance and proper information, he would probably at least make an attempt on the lives of Arl Howe's children, but as it stands, he doesn't have either. At this point, his relationship with the Wardens is... ambivalent. He wouldn't mind using them to his own ends, but he's not going to go out of his way to serve their interests if his interests don't coincide.

Ons: Bondage (with him as dom), elves, public places
Offs: Bathroom and blood play

Latooni Subota

Aha, so it is. I guess the Lifegiver is a ring then. XD

Katra Alexion

I notice you have a spot for Skills but what about talent/ or are you lumping them all in one? And what about  Coercion, Stealing, Trap-Making, Survival, Herbalism, Poison-Making?

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 04:50:48 PM
I notice you have a spot for Skills but what about talent/ or are you lumping them all in one? And what about  Coercion, Stealing, Trap-Making, Survival, Herbalism, Poison-Making?

That's a good point, you may also noticed that what players here are selecting are actually the talents, the skills section is left out. But its intentional, adding skills would make things a tad complicated. Much of the coercion in this game will likely be between players and I didn't want to muddle that up with stats, as the game is intended to be freeform. As it stands people can equip any armour they want (bar mages of course, but they can equip any robe) so it stands to reason all characters have for instance the full set of Combat Training, you also have access to any runes you like so taking Runecrafting would be silly.

If people want we can include them, or perhaps integrate them into the skill selections people are already making. This one is up to you guys.

Primarch

Lorcan Cousland looks good, but "The Dark Wolf" has its own questline leading up to it, I believe I might consider that something that would require a claim although I realize its not quite as plot important as say, Paragon of her kind.

If what we have now is the entirety of the members we get, or if we were only to get a small handful more I'd allow additional claims to be made but until a bit of time has passed I believe I'd rather give others the chance to come along and take their pick of the claims.

DRoux

Hmm... would Fort Drakon's escape bit constitute another plot point?

Primarch

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 05:13:41 PM
Hmm... would Fort Drakon's escape bit constitute another plot point?

I had imagined everyone was involved in that to be honest, whether as a captive or a rescuer is up to the individual player.

DRoux

Alright then, I think that I'll toss him in there as a captive and let someone else have Loghain.

Primarch

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 05:28:00 PM
Alright then, I think that I'll toss him in there as a captive and let someone else have Loghain.

Oh no, I was saying you don't need to spend a plot point on Fort Drakon, as I imagine everyone was involved you can't all claim it after all. Unless you want to switch Loghain for becoming the Dark Wolf?

DRoux

Katra Alexion

Latooni Subota

First draft completed! I have to go to work, but I'll do edits and formatting and tweaks afterwards if necessary.

Name: Neria Surana
Race: Elf
Class: Mage, Blood Mage and Spirit Healer specializations
Origin Path: Magi

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Equipment: Staff of the Magister Lord (unique)
Lifegiver Amulet (unique)
Blood Ring
Tevinter Enchanter's Robes

Neria has a number of minor and major magical items. She generally wears a cloth corset and skirt, with a pair of somewhat reinforced soft leather boots and bracers. Over this she wears the magical robes of a Tevinter Enchanter, carrying a ring that lessens the strain of her blood magic, and a magical amulet that both improves her magical prowess and keeps her weak stamina up. The most impressive item on her however is her staff, which she can use to frightening effect.

Skills: Bloody Grasp, Blood Magic, Blood Sacrifice, Blood Wound, Group Heal, Revival, Lifeward, Cleansing Aura, Mind Blast, Mana Drain, Spell Shield, Dispel Magic, Arcane Bolt, Arcane Shield, Staff Focus, Arcane Mastery, Heroic Offense, Heroic Aura, Heroic Defense, Haste

History: Neria Surana was born in Val Royeaux's alienage, in the country of Orlais. Due to the sadly poor conditions of life in the alienage, her mother passed away shortly after her birth, leaving Neria in the care of the others. Even from birth, Neria was a little . . odd. Born with a short mop of scraggly white hair, and without crying, she proved to be an oddity. As a toddler her closest friends were drawings and shoddily made dolls she cobbled together out of scraps and rags. This habit continued on through her formative years, as her dolls became better and better in quality despite being limited to the materials she could find in the alienage. It only ended when she eventually developed the ability to magically make the dolls move, which was witnessed by the city guard.

Due to the Orlesian Tower being too full of mages already, a deal was worked out with Fereldan to send some of the youngest mages to their Tower (Believing that mere children would be useless as spies). With that, Neria found herself in Fereldon's Circle Tower, learning to control her powers while under the watchful eyes of Templars. Though a quiet girl, she made fast friends with a troublemaker named Jowan, and a few other students. Neria proved to be quite gifted, and studious, so as she grew older it became assured that she would undergo the Rite and become a full mage. Her softspoken manner and willingness to obey the rules even made her a few friends amongst the chantry by now, even a templar named Cullen, though none would admit it for fear of punishment.

Afterwards Jowan, and a chantry girl he'd fallen in love with, came to Neria to ask for her help. Love between a mage and a member of the chantry, even trainees, was utterly forbidden. They needed her to help them escape, and offered to take Neria with them to freedom. It was a difficult decision, but eventually she did assist them in fleeing. Sadly, Jowan's use of Blood Magic to escape lead to the girl staying behind out of guilt, and Neria being very shocked. She and Jowan had found old notes that detailed Blood Magic's use, but she hadn't thought that Jowan had decided to use them! Fortunately for Neria, the Grey Warden Duncan had been there looking for mage recruits, and conscripted her to go to Ostagar.

In Ostagar she proved to be a substandard recruit, and while her magic was powerful, she was slow and stiff from years of sitting in the library reading musty old tomes. She was awkward with the other Wardens, and slow to open up to them, even after passing the tests and becoming a true Warden. After the nightmare that was the battle of Ostagar, she slowly began to warm up to the others. She seemed to think of Morrigan as an angry big sister, and Alistair as a goofy big brother, and found herself easily getting along with most everyone. There were a few she couldn't really get close with, but mostly, she was just too darn nice.

With the assistance of Morrigan (Who found the idea of being able to freely enter the Circle tower without reprisal hilarious!) she journeyed to the Circle, only to find it infested with abominations and demons. Despite the lack of physical power the pair of mages (and the newly recruited Wynne) successfully fought there way through the tower, saving the mages and crushing the demons. It was here that Neria's true potential seemed to be revealed, as she proved to be a startlingly fast learner. Her time with Wynne helped her develop her own versions of the woman's healing techniques, and the battle with a mighty Pride demon revealed that she had indeed learned Blood Magic from her time with Jowan. This lead to Wynne refusing to befriend the girl . . but Morrigan seemed to approve of the ballsy choices Neria had made, and they had secured the assistance of the mages.

During the battle of Redcliffe her magic again became important, as with it she was able to save the life of Connor, Arl Eamon's possessed son. She did not speak of what happened inside the boy's soul, but needless to say, her encounters with the Desire Demon had been . . interesting. As she grew more experienced she developed a style all her own, using her Blood Magic to allow herself to constantly support the other Warden's with enchantments and healing magic. She was always careful about not using her Blood Magic in plain view, though . . just in case.

She was one of the Wardens captured and imprisoned in Fort Drakon, and had a rather different time than the others there. As a mage she was kept separate, deprived of lyrium to replenish her magical strength and free herself. She would have utilized her blood magic to free herself, but she didn't feel quite right about slaying the guards who were only doing their job. Neria eventually decided to just bide her time and wait for the other Wardens to rescue her, which fortunately happened in short order. She was in top form during the battle to save Denerim, and was instrumental in using her magic to keep the other Wardens strong enough to take down the Darkspawn and the Archdemon.

At this point, she simply didn't know what to do anymore. In the end she simply followed Darrian to Warden's Keep to assist them, since she was the only magic-using Grey Warden in Ferelden at the moment. Either way, it was an opportunity to settle down somewhat, and continue her studies.

Ons: Being submissive, Dominants, warrior-types and figures of authority, bondage.
Offs: Scat, blood-play, gore

Primarch

Quote(Ears are clearly a bit too long, but you get the gist)
Ears are too long, hair is an unseen colour (for hair) in the setting and her skin is far too pale for an Elf. You'll need a new appearance. I'd go further to suggest anything "BESM" isn't appropriate to the setting.

Katra Alexion

Almost done, just working out Kallian's history :3

Does Wade's Superior Dragonskin Light Armor count as unique?

Primarch

I'm going to say yes due to the rarity of the components Wade needs to craft it.

Katra Alexion

Oh  yeah, that false Andraste got made into my new armor *grins evily*

Katra Alexion

Finally, I am done ! Here is my first rough draft. Hopefully it will be up for approval :D

Name: Kallian Tabris
Race: Elven
Class: Rogue - Bard

Appearance: Kallian stands at average height for an elven woman with a slim, athletic but generously curvaceous build accentuated by finely sculpted features. Long pale golden hair softly cascades down her back to the top of her thighs, which is normally worn back in a loose braid as not to interfere when she uses her bow. Exotically slanted eyes are a vibrant shade of green that just seem to draw you in with their mischievous sparkle matching the ever present grin on her face.

Equipment:
- Spear Thrower (Long bow): Given to her by her brother, the long bow is made out of sylvan wood and enchanted by Sandal with paragon Runes of Cold Iron and Silverite to help make slaying Darkspawn and undead easier. 
- Wade's Superior Dragonskin Light(unique): Made from the hide of the High dragon the inhabitants of Haven falsely worshiped as arisen Andraste. The look on Wade's face was priceless when she brought that material in.
- Amulet: Reflection(unique): Earned from the spectral Guardian watching over the Sacred Urn of Andraste upon completing the Gauntlet

Skills: 
Dirty Fighting > Combat Movement
Deft Hands > Improved Tools > Mechanical Expertise
Dual Weapon Training > Dual Weapon Finesse
Melee Archer > Aim > Defensive Fire > Master Archer
Pinning Shot > Crippling Shot > Critical Shot >
Rapid Shot > Shattering Shot > Suppressing Fire
Song of Valor > Distraction > Song of Courage

Ons: Dominate males (leans towards elves mostly), playful banter and physical teasing/touching, romance, respect for the fairer sex
Offs:Scat, water sports, gore, vore, blood play, Darkspawn and all undead

History: Kallian grew up in the Denerim Alienage with her father, her older brother Darrian and their cousin Shianni. Life in the alienage wasn't always easy but they had each other and that was more than enough for Kallian. As a child she would often sneak away from the alienage and into the woods just outside the city to practice her archery saw it as unfit for a woman to wield a blade, though Darrian taught her anyways in secret. Her skills with a bow were some of the best ever seen in Denerim even if they weren't publicly acknowledge due to prejudice against elves in the alienage. Kallian had been fortunate to find employment as a maid within one of the lesser noble houses in Denerim. The lady of house was hard taskmaster but she was one of the few shems she found to be fair and honest to all who worked under her roof. It was thanks to her employer that Kallian was always able to avoid the lecherousness of Ban Vaughn and his toadies until the day of her wedding. Kallian had been furious to learn that her father had arranged a marriage for her to some blacksmith's son in Highever, never mind that same had been done to Darrian. Try as she might Kallian was unable to sway Cyrion's mind. They day of the wedding Kallian finally met her groom and surprisingly hit it off though she still had no wish forced into this affair. Whatever bliss she might have had had was short live when Vaughn and his men crashed the celebration with little care to round up the brides and whatever nearby elven maiden that caught their attention and taken back to his manse where where they would be used for his and his associate's pleasure as he felt was his Maker given right as Ban.

With the Arl of Denerim's mannor, the brides were being held captive within. Having already witnessed the murder of one the girls for trying to resist and Shianni being taken to Vaughn personally, Kallian refused to lay down give up waiting to be raped. Now most people were under the impression that it was just Darrian that took up after their mother in her wild ways, but that is erroneously untrue - beneath Kallian's sweetly angelic face was a natural born hellion and spitfire with the temper to match. Quickly coming up with an idea Kallian lured the guards into the room, seduced them and then rendered them unconscious with a little help from the other girls then killed them. Being the only one capable of fighting she grabbed whatever weapons she could use off the guards and set out to find Shianni and get the rest of them out of the manor. Along the way they were met up with Darrian, their cousin Soris and her groom, Nelaros. Cutting a bloody path they were able to rescue Shianni but lost Nelaros in the attempt. They were able to make it back to the Alienage and get the girls to safety when the city guards through. Rather than put the Alienage through any more grief than they had Kallian confessed with her brother to the slaying of Vaughn and his men, making sure Soris was in no way implicated.

They were saved from a possibly gruesome fate by a traveling Grey Warden who happened to be passing through the Alienage. Invoking the Right of Conscription, Duncan was able to get the recruits he was looking for. Leaving Denerim they made their way to Ostagar where they met with other recruit's brought in by Duncan. Daveth and Locan she cared little for and didn't think much of Jory which was slightly better than aforementioned two. the only male Shem she didn't seem to mind was Alistair, whether that was a good or bad thing was anyone's guess. Like her brother Kallian to survived the Joining and the massacre at Ostagar thanks to the timely aid of Flemmeth. Adding Flemmeth's daughter Morrigan to the part the surviving Grey Warden's split the treaties amongst them and set out on their way. Kallian helped where she could continuously practicing her skill either in camp or out on the road where they often encountered darkspawn at every turn. It amused her to no end that though Alistair has seniority he was more than willing to follow in Darrian's footsteps thereby making her brother leader of their group of Grey Wardens and their party by default, later earning the title "Commander of the Grey" once he reclaimed Warden's Keep

Despite her misgivings about shems; Kallian found herself making friends amongst the women in their group. Morrigan was confident and comfortable in her own skin as a woman and as a witch making no qualms about it either way. Her scathing wit and verbal spars with Alistair were truly a sight to see. Wynne was like the spry grandmother offering sage advice to those who would listen, mending more than just their bodies after a hard battle and was often their voice of reason. Leiliana and her faith fascinated Kallian to no end, often engaging the red head in light philosophical talks around the camp fires at night or simply just sitting quietly listening as former Orlesian bard sing. Leilana caught Kallian singing in a unguarded moment and Leiliana thought she had talent and offered to train her as a bard. Certainly not one to pass up an opportunity to learn Kallian accepted learning more than just the musical aspect but also how to identify and counter poisons. Wynne was also useful in that endevour teaching the young elven girl the art of herbalism as well. Under the women's influence Kallian slowly started to mellow out (slower to anger, more accepting of certain things, but is even more explosive when set off) as her wits grew sharper.

The one who really caught her attention was the Antivan Crow, Zevran. He had a way about him that always brought a smile to her face and a laugh to her lips. She wouldn't admit it but Kallian more than fancied the golden eye assassin and if not for her duties as a Grey Warden and the pressing matter of Loghain and the blight she might have tried to see if something of a more romantic permanence could have happened between them.

When it came time for the group to seek out Arl Eamon's help they learned of the circumstance surrounding Redcliff and the Arl's mysterious illness. Investigating the matter further it seemed that only the sacred ashes of Andraste could cure the Arl. Remembering a conversation they had with a Ser Donnell and a note they had found on a dead Templar outside Lothering speaking about a Brother Genitivi and his research on the subject, Kallian offered to look into the matter. Without Arl Eamon's support they could not call the Landsmeet. Taking a small group, they set out for Denerim, hoping to meet with this Brother Genitivi. Instead they meet with the Brother's assistant, Weylon. Using a little guile Kallian was able to wrest from Weylon that Brother Genitivi mentioned going to Lake Calenhad and hasn't heard from him since, fearing that his mentor has gone missing. Something didn't quiet sit right with the elven archer, Weylon was nervous, a little bit too nervous for Kallian's liking. But giving the assistant the benefit of a doubt Kallian traveled to Lake Calenhad to look for the Good Brother. Reaching her destination Kallian sought information at the area's local tavern The Spoiled Princess. The Innkeeper, a jovial, boisterous man upon their last visit in the area was now rather guarded and jumpy when Kallian began asking about Brother Lenitive. A little persuasion revealed under hushed breath that a group had the inn under surveillance for anyone who came looking for Brother Genitivi. The moment Kallian and her group stepped foot outside the inn they were ambushed by the aforementioned group. Knowing they had been set up Kallian returned to Brother Genitiviv's home and confronts Weylon. Not believing any of his stuttering attempts to convince them of his innocence Kallian begins searching the Brother's house for clues. As she is about to enter a back room, Weylon gathered some courage and attacks the archer forcing her to kill him in order to defend herself. Searching that back room revealed the body of the real Weylon who had been obviously dead for days before their initial arrival. A more in depth inspection of the Brother's home revealed his research and his notes on Andraste's Sacred Urn; remarking that he was heading for the Village of Heaven in his search of Andraste's Sacred Ashes.

Heading into the mountains, the village of Heaven proved to be a isolated and backwards town out of touch with the world outside its borders. It was easy to see that the inhabitants had little love of outsiders as they were encouraged to leave at every turn but the more they investigated the more there seemed to be something wrong with the town and its people. Deciding to check out the Chantry, they restocked their supplies at the town's only general store they are ambushed again as soon as they came back outside by a group of locals and cultist forcing the group to fight their way up to the Chantry. They meet the Revered Father Eirik, the town's only spiritual leader. The man makes his hatred for outsiders quiet clear, inciting those present to attack and kill the group. Sadly for Eirik and his followers it didn't work out that way and they in turn were all slain. Searching the priest's body yielded a peculiar pendant that she pocketed. A further search of the Chantry revealed a badly concealed hidden door. Opening it they found Brother Genitivi, badly injured, but still alive.  Healing the worst of his injuries Brother Genitivi told them of a hidden temple he had found before the local's captured him that he believed housed the Urn of Sacred Ashes which could only be opened by a special medallion wore by the Chantry priest, the one Kallian confiscated from his dead body.

Having previously cut a bloodied path on their way through the village and Chantry the remaining inhabitants of Heaven offered to not resistance when the group started up the path to the Ruined Temple. They left Brother Genitivi in the safety of the temples entrance researching the ancient writings on the wall while they went in and explored the ruins of the temple. There were many cultist and drakelings abound for them to slay and profit from (*cough*loot*cough*) They eventually meet the leader of the cultist, Father Kolgrim. Kolgrim reveals more of the cultist's, The Disciples of Andraste, origins. They originally guarded the final remain's of the Maker's Bride but somewhere down the line one of them had proclaimed Andraste had come to them in a dream telling them of her miraculous resurrection into the form of a high dragon they now worshiped and acted as her personal guards. Kolgrim offered a deal - if Kallian where to defile the sacred ashes with a vile of Andreaste's blood, getting around the spectral guardian that protects the Urn then she and her party were free to leave without reprisal. If not, then they would be killed for the lives of the cultists they have already taken. It wasn't much of a choice. Kallian succinctly informed Kolgrim where he could take his offer and shove it, initiating the battle.

No sooner had they finished with that battle then they turned around and faced the high dragon Andraste. In order for them to proceed finding the Sacred Urn they had a to fight and kill the false Andraste. Not an easy feat to accomplished by any means but they were able to manage it. As a memento of that particular victory Kallian skinned a portion of the High Dragon's hide to have made into a set of armor. Proceeding up to the mountain top they entered the heart of the temple ruin. Encountering the spirit of the Guardian Knight, one of the first disciples of the true Andraste, who accepted the eternal duty of testing visiting pilgrims until the day the Tevinter Imperium is completely destroyed. To reached the Urn's final resting place; the party had to undergo a test - a gauntlet, to prove their worthiness. Kallian never fully said what occurred during that test; it was different for each of her companions - but whatever it was had left a profoundly change in  her. Made her a believer of Andraste and her Maker (not the Chantry's indoctrinated propaganda). Bringing a pinch of Ashes back to Redcliff they were able to heal the Arl and go about calling the Landsmeet to overthrow Loghain's tyranny and set about getting everyone prepared for the incoming Blight.

During a lull in preparing for the Landsmeet Kallian decided to return home to the alienage and pay a visit to her family and friends. She was shocked to learned the alienage was under quarantine from an outbreak of a plague and sealed off to prevent it from spreading into the rest of Denerim. Later on after the others had rescued the Queen; Anora inferred something sinister was happening in the alienage and that she believed her father was behind it and that any proof they could find there could be used against him at the Landsmeet. Kallian sought alternative means of entering the alienage, seeking out her cousin Shianni to find out what was going on. Shianni told her how not long after Loghain's ascent to Regent the alienge was cut off from the rest of the city on a pretense of an outbreak. A hospice was set up to treat the ill but those that were taken in were never heard form again and every day more and more elves were going missing, amongst them her father, Cyrion. Infiltrated the hospice, It didn't take long to uncover that it was all a ruse. Under the pretense of being healers, Tevinter slavers had set up shop in the alienage with Loghain's approval and were shipping off all the 'sick' elves to be sold in the slaves markets in Tevinter and lining Loghain's pocket with a percentage of the proceeds to fund his civil war. Infuriated, Kallain shut them down and procured all the documentation needed to nail Loghain hide to wall.

She returned to Arl Eamon's estate and shared the evidence she found. Darrian was understandably furious, but knew the situation would better served with a cool head. They went over all the plots they had uncovered throughout their travels and how they connected back to Teyrn Loghain, ensuring all their evidence was airtight against the Regent, starting with the coup against the Cousland family; the near destruction of Fereldan's Circle of Magi and Eamon's own near fatal poisoning which in turn through certain events nearly led to the eradication of Redcliffe itself. The best laid plans never go as smoothly as intended and the Grey Warden's incarceration in Fort Drakon the day before the Landsmeet was proof of that. It was Loghain's way of preventing them from reaching the Landsmeet. Luckily they were able to escape with the help of their friends before anything to permanent happened and they were able to make the Landsmeet on time. The ruling nobles were swayed to their side once they brought Loghain's betrayal and involvement in other numerous serious crimes against the kingdom to light. The old war hero was given a chance to redeem himself in an honor duel which he lost.

Loghain was given a chance to defend himself in a honor duel but in truth it was little more than a glorified execution. One, that Kallian took great pleasure in watching for all the trouble that bastard had caused. During the Battle of Denerim she was right there with her brother guarding his back as they waded their way through the Darkspawn to take on the Archdemon. With the Archdemon's defeat she, Darrian and who of their group chose to retreated back to Soldier's Peak. Kallian kept herself busy helping the elves they brought from the alienage settle in, while assisting in the keep's repairs. When she has the time, Kallian has taken into delving into the many ancient lores of the world, a pursuit encouraged Wynne and Leiliana who she tries to keep in regular contact with. Though lately tensions has been rising between her brother and the Chantry due his campaigning for equal the Elves. Not that she doesn't agree, she does, wholeheartedly. Yet at the same time she wonders if a civil war, so soon after the Fifth Blight is worth the repercussions if they lost. She doesn't want Darrian to turn into another Sophia Dryden.

Katra Alexion

Went through and cleaned up a lot of the grammar  ;D

Latooni Subota

Yeah, it's hard to find a good image of a proper elf that fits, and isn't . . you know . . ugly or even MORE inappropriate. XD

I'll keep looking.

TheRedFear

Can Skills and equipment from Dragon Age 2 be chosen?

Latooni Subota

HAH! Okay, I had a better idea. SHe's a little too fierce, and I feel a little lame for grabbing her, but she fits my description just SO well with only minor tweaks. XD

Oreida Wesker

From DA2....

Talents: I don't see why not, most of the tier is the same, though specialized tiers belonging to the companions is, of course, a no-no.

Equiptment: There would be a limit.. If it was sold via merchant, okay, but things you find on expeditions, quests, or DLC  from DA2 is a no, as well as no one having a repeating crossbow like Bianca.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

Damn! My plans for Bianca are foiled!

Oreida Wesker

Ha! Indeed. ^_^ No one is putting their finger on her trigger or adjusting her cocking ring, except for Varric.

Also I read the Bios.

L. Subota: Small areas of Improvement.

1. I have no qualms over the character being very pallid and white hair, She's been in the circle all her life, I figure a elf under that much shelter would be like a lily anyway. It may not be what Primarch thinks and elf should look like, but it can be. He may ment that she needs to be less streamline Anime. That I could agree to some point, but I love Aimo from Deviant Art a lot and.. -squee- Anyway, we all could have a 'Find that Elf' game and see whom comes up with the best ta help out. The anime one is fine for now.

2. Your character is a Mage. She might be weak physically, but you wrote her out to be powerful for her age, confidant, naive about the world order, and also a sucker to temptation as I commend you on using the Desire Demon to gain experience in Blood magic. Kudos.

However, being in Fort Drakon, I don't see how she would be separated from fellow wardens and even if she was, only a templar would be able to null her power, making her vulnerable for a amount of time. A mage could put a ward around her prison cell, but it would stop anyone from entering or exiting unless the mage was killed. Just like Anora's imprisonment, for example. Unless she welcomed the touch of the guard and instigated it, you should alter it. Her incarceration is nothing like Lelianna's time in Howe's torture chamber surrounded by sick bastards. Fort Drakon is a 'military' compound.

3. Ages 10-13, the age of puberty and when most childern are self-concious, fearful, and knows from Right and Wrong. That's the age where childern show signs of magic. Toddlers have no fear or awareness of the world and life. Gaining magic then, when they are too young to focus it so clearly with sheer will, would easily attract a demon to her and she would have been possessed long ago. Adjustment highly suggested

4.  The rest of the story was good.  Beyond that, equiptment good, 20 skills... Hmm.. Age.. That would mean that she was 16 when she became a warden.. Eh.. -rubs her chin-

Note to all others, I really don't like the idea of teenagers saving the world from a blight. You can't really go into a tavern without someone calling you a pup, but at least the bordello is always open. >.> Anyway.. Mm.. 18 is the lowest, I really doubt Duncan would recruit someone so young. The Chantry would, Templars would, City Guard would, but not the Wardens.

Evaluation complete after changes are met, pending on Primarch.. Next Evaluation.

Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Alright, DRoux,

1.   Good Skills, 2 daggers for the dual wielder counts as one set, one set of armor. Would you like to add an accessory? Your able to do so.

2.   Enchantments….. Mmm… Will Confer with Primarch. Augmentations might had to happen later for Chapter Upgrades. I could be wrong, but making a note of it so far.

3.   The character Locan gives off a douchebag kind of vibe. That's neat, but... You can’t claim killing three major NPCs. Primarch gave you an example of acheivements that would need individual claims, not suggesting to lump it together. Locan is the Dark Wolf, good story of infamy. You killed Howe, which is important to a Cousland Story of vengeance. .  Locan killing Ser Cauthrien just because she was doing her duty and tormented her over it. Locan is an insane kind of playboy, but okay.. You struck the final blow to Loghain, the Hero of River Dane, rather than allowing him to live and mentally scarring Anora. It’s more fitting if Alistair does it, but hey, it’s an achievement. You have to give two of these up, you can’t have two great and two infamous achievements, and still have your character not care about what happens afterward as long as his bed is warm by a piece of ass. It doesn’t work.

4. Overall, you made a good effort to show your character prowess in battle and subterfuge, The character seems to have come to a conclusion, rather then a beginning. Does Locan's wish for vengenance go as far as wanting to kill Nathaniel Howe in Kirkwall or Delilah Howe in Amarinthine? He has to have some idea that starts your character up into Awakening or will he desert the Grey Wardens?

5. Closing on a good noteaside from cutting achievements and adding a small epilogue, the story is rather sound.
Evaluation Complete.
Hots and Nots

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 12, 2012, 09:12:25 AM
Note to all others, I really don't like the idea of teenagers saving the world from a blight. You can't really go into a tavern without someone calling you a pup, but at least the bordello is always open. >.> Anyway.. Mm.. 18 is the lowest, I really doubt Duncan would recruit someone so young. The Chantry would, Templars would, City Guard would, but not the Wardens.

That's a good catch actually, I agree.

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 12, 2012, 10:19:32 AM
You can’t claim killing three major NPCs. 

I actually said killing Arl Howe wouldn't require a claim, he's only really significant to the Human Noble character anyway, otherwise he's an unimportant "henchman" to Loghain unlike Ser Cauthrien whom is a powerful boss in her own right. I believe the deathblow on Loghain was removed from the app, the claims are Dark Wolf & killing Cauthrien. 

Oreida Wesker

Katra, your evaluation will have to wait for tonight after I get home from work at 1 a.m. PST unless Primarch lifts his clunky feet on it.

Primarch: Were they? I was reading the one on page 2?.. I think..  I am exhausted... -noses him sleepily- I go smeey time now.. -plops over-

Good night and Dwarfy Dreams.
Hots and Nots

Latooni Subota

I actually decided I really like the concept art, so I'm using that one instead. No worries!

As for Fort Drakon, I figured there were always a few 'bad eggs' no matter where you are. Since they had to willingly surrender to go to Fort Drakon due to the situation, I figured since no templars were around, simple drugging would be the order of the day. If it's too much of a stretch though, I'll change it.

For the age of magic, hrm, I could've swore younger children could show the signs and be picked up to go to the tower. I'll change it.

Age of character, I'll bump it up to 18 like you said.

DRoux

1. I can? Let me check the list then...

2. Let me know if I need to make any further edits, and I'll be happy to.

3. Checked to make sure I had indeed removed the part about killing Loghain, tweaked his ending a bit so he does serve some kind of purpose post-Blight.

4. Added a bit of information regarding the remaining members of the Howe family and his relationship with the order.

5. Added an epilogue, and thanks.  ;D

TheRedFear

Name: Mateo Vargas
Race: Human(Rivaini)
Class: Rogue - Assassin - Legionairre Scout
Origin Path: NA

Appearance:

Equipment: Mantle of the Champion(Rogue), Superior Dalish Daggers
Skills: 
Legion Scout:  Mark of the Legion, Strength of Stone, Endure Hardship, Blessing of the Ancestors,
Subterfuge: Evade(Tactical Withdrawal), Stealth(Silent Running)
Dual Weilding: Backstab(Murder), Unforgiving Chain, Explosive Strike, Twin Fangs
Assassin: Mark of Death(Mark of Doom), Bloodlust, Pinpoint Strikes, Devious Harm, Assassinate(Overkill)

History: Mateo was born in Rivain. His family was wealthy and powerful, and had a vacation home near the Dalish settlement in Llomeryn. His father was a highborn Rivaini Noble, and his mother was an Antivan noble. The family had an estate a few day's journey from the Dalish settlement in Llomerynn. Mateo developed a friendship with an Dalish girl named Lucinda during this time. She was the daughter of a pair of merchants who often went out to trade Dalish wares with other nearby settlements and estates. Lucinda's father and Mateo's father also became friends, and he would often stop to spend a few nights resting and resupplying at the Vargas estate before pressing on along his trade route.

It was during such a stop that the Crows attacked. Mateo's father had been secretly providing support to Antivan Families who were trying to marshall the resources and influence they needed to reclaim control of their country from the Crows. Despite innumerable precautions the Crows discovered this and in a single spectacular night the Vargas family...and everyone else who had the poor luck to be there that night...was wiped out. Well, almost everyone.

A scream awoke young Mateo. Luci's scream. He ran to her bedchamber. Her parents were gone...probably drinking late with Mateo's own mother and father when the attack came. Mateo grabbed a long hairpin from the dresser, and as the Antivan crow slowly advanced on Luci with murder in his eyes, Mateo advanced on him. With a feral shriek Mateo leapt on the Crow's back and plunged the hairpin into his eye. The Crow screamed and bucked wildly, and when Mateo was finally shaken off and landed hard upon the floor he had a knife in his hands. One he must have pulled from the Crow's sheathe in the struggle.

Without thinking about it, Mateo lunged forward and shoved the blade into the Crow's belly. Just then another Crow...drawn by his ally's screams...burst into the room. The young boy thought quickly, drawing the heavy curtains above the windows closed to shut out the moonlight, and stamping out the bedside Candle to thrust the room into darkness. In the pitch blackness, Mateo found the Crow before the Crow found him.

Not realizing there were a dozen other Crows slaughtering the entire estate he assumed the assassins were all dead now and rushed to Luci only to be struck unconscious by a blow from behind. Unbeknownst to him another Crow had been hiding in the shadows of the room the entire time. Watching with amusement as she had never expected the boy to do anything more than annoy her parter(who she never really liked anyway), let alone kill him and then a second Crow to boot. Amusement became amazement as somehow before her eyes this child had fused together a perfect synthesis of natural talent, quick wit, and pure dumb luck to kill two accomplished assassins. Granted the assassins had failed to take the boy seriously until it was too late, but it was still an incredible accomplishment. She decided he had the makings of a perfect Crow. And she may as well take the girl too. Two new Crows to replace two slain Crows. When Mateo awoke he and Luci were in a cage mounted to a wagon. Surrounded by other children. Some were purchased slaves. Others the survivors of Crow attacks like Mateo and Luci. All were the next generation of Antivan Crows.

In the coming years Mateo and Luci were an inseperable and unbeatable pair or Assassins. Like a brother and sister they were steadfast in their dedication to each other, and to being the best at their craft. Then one day they found themselves as part of a slaughter not unlike the one that had marked the end of their own childhoods years ago. They found themselves in a room with a boy and a girl they were expected to kill, and without words each knew they could not do it. They took the children and ran, and knew at that moment the Crows would never stop hunting them for this.

They debated a week before settling on an insane plan. They would hide in the Deep Roads. Neither really beleived the horror stories of Darkspawn. Oh the Darkspawn were real no doubt, but surely they were no harder to kill or hide from than men, elves, dwarves and qunari. They were confident they could hide in the Deep Roads for a time, and emerge when the Crows thought them dead or no longer worth pursuing. The Darkspawn were probably not even that plentiful on the upper levels of the Roads they reasoned.

Within a week they were exhausted, wounded, and hopelessly lost. Still they pressed on and as luck had it, finally encountered the Legion of the Dead. The Dwarves mistook them for Wardens at first, and provided them rest and medical aid. the Dwarves eventually realized the truth, but it changed little. Their mission was the same. To stay in the Deep Roads and kill Darkspawn until they themselves were dead. They gave Mat and Luci a choice. Do the same with them, or they could take a map of the roads and try to get back to the surface on their own.

Considering they knew the Crows would still be hunting them at this point, Mateo and Luci decided to remain with the Legion, at least for a few months longer. Afterall, if the Legion could survive down here surely they could too. Especially with the Legion's help. As the weeks wore on into months, the months became years. Mateo and Luci had developed a great fondness for their new allies. Oh most of them were dour and surly sure, but a few...like Sigrun...were downright charming and fun to hang around with. When they weren't up to their ankles in Darkspawn gore.

Mateo and Luci fought alongside them Legionairres, learning their ways. Eventually Mat and Luci's relationship became more than brother and sister. And Luci became pregnant, just as the Blight began and the Darkspawn began to abandon the Deep Roads. As much as they'd come to like their new friends and family, they had no intention of rearing a child in the Deep Roads with a bunch of suicidal dwarves. However much they'd come to like those dwarves. And this seemed a good time to make the attempt to reach the surface. Sure that's where the Darkspawn were going, but surely the Blight would eventually end as all Blights do, and they were confident that the Crows had surely written them off as dead by now. All they had to do was reach the surface and avoid the Darkspawn. They'd done that succesfully for years in the Darkspawn's own territory, so they were confidant they could do so again on the surface.

So reluctantly they bid their dwarven friends a good death, and set out for the surface. A few of the Dwarves even agreed to accompany them to ensure they made it safely before returning to the others. They knew the two Crows had never truly been members of the Legion. They were still alive afterall.

To this day Mateo still doesn't know exactly what happened. They were another day's journey from the surface. Mateo and Sigrun had gone on ahead to scout the way and make sure it was safe. When they returned they heard the sounds of battle. But this was not Dwarven Steel on Darkspawn Steel. Mateo knew that sound well after having spent five years in the deep roads. No...this was different.

Mateo and Sigrun returned just in time to watch a Grey Warden impale Luci on a massive blade. The other Legion Dwarves who'd stayed behind with her were already dead. The Warden cast a single look back in Mateo's direction...giving Mateo a chance to etch every last detail of that face into his mind...before fleeing toward the surface.

Mateo stayed behind in a futile effort to save Luci. Sigrun helped him bury Luci and the others before regretfully returning to the rest of the Legion. And Mateo...Mateo had a new reason to return to the surface. He'd never know why that Warden had killed Luci and the others. He'd never care either. No matter what it took, he would find that Warden and he would murder that Warden. And he would not do so gently. Or quickly. And he would use Luci's blades when he struck the final blow.

A week after his return to the surface just after the Blight had ended...as his eyes were finally readjusting to daylight...Mateo came across a wagon caravan that had been heading away from Denerim. They'd been over-taken by a band of Darkspawn from the look of it.

Ons: Women. Period.
Offs: Anything that should be in a toilet should not be in my RP

Siereis

Wow..this post has only been up for like 2 days and already it sounds like yall are getting closer to starting.  I loved DAO (though only saw but never played 2), so I'd like to express an interest in this RP.  However...a few questions:

1) Still room for one more? I don't want to overload the place. 

2) Obviously there would be some form of combat and drama in this setting, but what could we expect in terms of plot and other content?  I realize this is a rather vague question but any elaboration on the ideal content would be helpful for me in making up my mind. 

3) Lastly...I see that people are required to list their ons/offs so might I also inquire into what sort of sexual content one would expect to see in here? Would it be solely player based or what? Any clarification helps.

Thanks!

Primarch

Quote from: Siereis on August 13, 2012, 01:03:00 AM
1) Still room for one more? I don't want to overload the place.
Certainly is 

Quote2) Obviously there would be some form of combat and drama in this setting, but what could we expect in terms of plot and other content?  I realize this is a rather vague question but any elaboration on the ideal content would be helpful for me in making up my mind.
The idea is to develop Fereldon after the civil war and the blight while also exploring the faction and racial tensions, things like the elves place in the world under human oppression and the mages under the templar/chantry. Hopefully with some classic fantasy action along the way.   

Quote3) Lastly...I see that people are required to list their ons/offs so might I also inquire into what sort of sexual content one would expect to see in here? Would it be solely player based or what? Any clarification helps.
That's entirely based on what the players get up too, I'm not GMing the game (just occasional moderation as needed) so I won't be putting you in sexual situations. I don't expect the game to have large sexual content but if players want to have a tumble in a field after a day of hard court politics and chasing down Darkspawn, all the power to yea.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Oreida Wesker

Alright, RedFear

1.   Speicalty Choices. As I said, you can’t gain Equipment from quests, only Shops. The Mantle of Champion is made for only for a Hawke. It’s specialized to show Hawke’s rank as a hero to Kirkwall. Also, in game stature, it hasn’t even been created for another six years. You will have to pick something else, the Dalish Daggers will still be permited. So pick yourself a Set of Armor and one accessory Item.
2.   I will deeply applaud your choice in a Riviani, you did your homework on that. I love the story of the crows,the entire tale, I really love it… But… Antiva and Rivain were never in civil war with one another. Rivain is also mostly in the religion of Qunari or Natural Order, they have a live and let live preamble as well as their own country is so under populated from the Qunari Invasion from 120-ish years ago. It was the Kossith [Qunari] that had pushed to conquer Rivain and Antiva. They killed or converted a lot of people and ruling families [Nobles]. Yet when the chantry helped push back the invasion, a lot of people would not believe in the Maker again. The Chantry claimed them as heretics and decided to purge them by sword, killing thousands in the name of the Maker.

Yes,  Antiva does share a boarder with Rivain, but they are, after most of the royal family died, ruled by whomever has a great amount of wealth, like Merchant Princes and the House of Crows.  I doubt Antiva is a place that needs much help as a lot of the people there are sea faring and merchants, selling goods or their bodies. So, now that this history lesson is over this is easy to fix. His father is a prominent person, perhaps there was something else he did that got the Crows on him.

3.   Nice.. For years he harnest his ability to fight, with the crows, and now the legion.  I love that you threw in Sigrun. ^_^ She’s such a quirky little thief. Varric is right; Dwarfs are like magpies, so attracted to shiny things. Yet a Grey Warden killing a woman obviously pregnant, unhornorable, but okay. A grey Warden Killing allies like the Leigion of the Dead? Uh, then that’s gunna be some shit when other Grey Wardens have to come down to help out the Leigion defend Orzammar from darkspawn, ain’t it? Not to mention a good handful against one warden? Impossible. Legionaires are too strong for something like that. Um…  Why not a talking darkspawn or an Ogre or a Varterral?

Evaluation ended pending on Edit.
Hots and Nots

TheRedFear

Well considering "Armor of the Champion" is found randomly scattered all over the planet(well, country, hehe) I wouldn't say it was created secifically for Hawke. I mainly just wanted it for it's look. The only armor I could find with a Hood. But no big deal. How about the Rogue Pack DLC Armors, are those okay?

I think you misunderstood the background story. I never said the attack on his house was because of a war between Rivaini and Antiva. Remember that Antiva once had it's own ruling caste of noble families and royal bloodlines, just like Ferelden and Orlais? Until the Crows for all practical intents and purposes took over, leaving the nobles as pretty much figureheads. The idea is that ONE of those families(likely the one his mother hailed from, which is why is father agreed to aid them) was attempting to subtly amass the power they needed to truly reclaim power in Antiva. His father was giving them a great deal of funding secretly to make his wife happy. Not secretly enough unfortunately. Tragedy ensued.

3. Luci was not obviously pregnant. Though it may not have made much difference. I went with a Grey Warden because I specifically wanted to show that Wardens are NOT a bunch necessarily the heroes of the story. Their ruthless, "by any means necessary" approach to how they fight Darkspawn can easily make them the villain of the story as often as it makes them the hero. Who knows why or how the situation between this Warden and Luci's group came to blows? Perhaps Luci or one of the others was Tainted, so the Warden struck. Perhaps the Warden himself was tainted, having reached his 30 year mark and was thus going insane. Perhaps the Warden was on the run himself for some reason(He betrayed the Wardens. He faked his own death. He raped an Orlesian princess. He was secretly plotting with the Architect and they saw him doing it. There's no end of possible explanations), one of the Legion recognized him, or simply witnessed his wrongdoings and they had to eliminated. If it's just a random darkspawn who did this, there's no challenge in such a quest. Not alot of places for Darkspawn to hide on the surface, but a Warden can blend in and dissapear.

I would daresay most of the PArty members from both games, especially the Warden Commander and Hawke(Who isn't even a Warden himself) are wholly capable of taking on a team of Legionairres single handedly. This particular warden was just particularly badass. Or maybe not...maybe he was a Blood Mage, and Mateo simply missed the part of the battle where he was using such magic. Or maybe he had allies who had gotten a headstart on running away before Mateo arrived on the scene.

Also it creates a situation in which Mateo may have to go after other, "good" Wardens to get information on the one Warden he wants which puts Mateo in a morally ambiguous situation as to how just his quest for vengeance really is.

I deliberately tried to leave that scene open to alot of possibilities to give you guys as the GMs felixibility on determining what happened, why it happened, how it happened, and see what those revelations will do to Mateo if/when he finally tracks down his prey :)

Oreida Wesker

Mantle of Champion isn’t just scattered all over the world. In DA2  you couldn’t even find it before Act 3, when Hawke defeated the Arishok. Which, as I said, is six years later until it’s discovery and craft.

Edit: I made a flimsy decision earlier of allowing DA2 equipt/weapon/etc, and I didn't discuss it with Primarch. He doesn't want the two to be mixed in together, limit of DAo and DAa only. My apologies for inconviences.

I can see where I got a bit messed up in your story, I do get muddled sometimes. Antiva has a plutocracy. It’s under a three queen system of Merchant Prince [Land Goods], Crows [ Army], and Felicisima Armada [Sea]. If someone were to shift the balance of this power, I could see why they would kill the outside source, but why a family massacre?  They could also just as easily kill the upstart that trying to distrupt the balance instead to send a message there… Yet, I think I will ease off that one.. Your argument is rather sound.

Well, if she wasn’t obviously pregnant, then how does she know she might be with child? We’re dealing with the Legion that’s mostly made up of thieves, murderers, and exiles. They might have a doctor in Orzammar that would know what he’s doing, but eh. I guess little difference..

Well, they don’t go insane, they hear the whispers of a Archdemon more clearly and it tells them things, clouds their mind over time, but.. I like that.. It could happen, but that was also by a Warden whom knew they were going to die if they didn’t try everything. In her own right, she was a hero of courage, but that’s just me...  Perhaps I still romanticize the Grey Wardens of being people beyond the reach to do what is best for all. I’m uncertain is that is being biased..

You never get to fight against a Legionaire in any game and I imagine it’s because they’ll waffle stomp people. We fight the Carta, but they’re common foes. If the warden was a blood mage, why would he just run? And the rape of an Orlesian Princess, eh, slap on the wrist. She might even have liked it and the drama it brought her. I love the architect, his right hand was a silent sister turned grey warden.. ^-^I’m a dwarf, I’m a dwarf. Hey, hey, I~I’m a Dwarf.  ~_~ Heehee.  SO nerdy..

As to leaving things vague for us GMs, I am uncertain as to the style of which we are playing this out. Characters need their direction in which they shall continue onward, even without the help of a GM like a collaborative story. I’m sure there will be some guidance assists or ‘Fork in the Roads’ options,.

Will tell if I find out.

Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

*looks at Oreida* What am I, chopped liver? What about my eval :P

Nah, we goods. I will await to hear your thoughts on my gal.

TheRedFear

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 13, 2012, 11:25:31 AM
Edit: I made a flimsy decision earlier of allowing DA2 equipt/weapon/etc, and I didn't discuss it with Primarch. He doesn't want the two to be mixed in together, limit of DAo and DAa only. My apologies for inconviences.

Deep and passionate is my hatred for you now  O:)

I can see where I got a bit messed up in your story, I do get muddled sometimes. Antiva has a plutocracy. It’s under a three queen system of Merchant Prince [Land Goods], Crows [ Army], and Felicisima Armada [Sea]. If someone were to shift the balance of this power, I could see why they would kill the outside source, but why a family massacre?  They could also just as easily kill the upstart that trying to distrupt the balance instead to send a message there… Yet, I think I will ease off that one.. Your argument is rather sound.

Fair point. And perhaps if it had been an Antivan doing this, they might have demonstrated such restraint. But this was an outsider interfering(however indirectly) in high level Antivian politics. So I figure the crows wanted to send a truly powerful message out across Thedas. They wanted that message to resonate across Rivain, from Orlais to Ferelden: Don't interfere in Antivan politics. Alot of people who might otherwise have been willing to risk it if only their own lives were on the line, will not even contemplate that mistake once rumors of what befell the Vargas House reach their ears.

Well, if she wasn’t obviously pregnant, then how does she know she might be with child? We’re dealing with the Legion that’s mostly made up of thieves, murderers, and exiles. They might have a doctor in Orzammar that would know what he’s doing, but eh. I guess little difference..

I figure once you miss a menstrual cycle or two, and start coming down with morning sickness and unusual stomach cramps a lady has a pretty good idea what the cause is, hehe. I figure she was far enough along to know she had a young'un inside her, but early enough for it to not be immediately obvious to the naked eye.

Well, they don’t go insane, they hear the whispers of a Archdemon more clearly and it tells them things, clouds their mind over time, but.. I like that.. It could happen, but that was also by a Warden whom knew they were going to die if they didn’t try everything. In her own right, she was a hero of courage, but that’s just me...  Perhaps I still romanticize the Grey Wardens of being people beyond the reach to do what is best for all. I’m uncertain is that is being biased...

I think I recall that one of the quests in DA2(possibly a DLC Quest) has you encounter a Warden in the Deep Roads who went down there when his 30 year mark was up. He didn't die though, and by the time Hawke encounters him the guy is two fruits short of a basket. I imagine that's what happens to the Wardens who are not fortunate enough to be killed in battle with Darkspawn. I may not be remembering this correctly though. It's been a while since I played.

You never get to fight against a Legionaire in any game and I imagine it’s because they’ll waffle stomp people. We fight the Carta, but they’re common foes. 

Yeah but you DO fight Abominations(even a relatively weak abomination can singlehandedly wipe out small towns and such). You fight Templars(Who are specifically trained to fight Abominations and Apostate mages), Grey Wardens, Antivan Crows, Mages(Granted some mages are scaredy-cat booknerds, but a great many of them are every bit as worthy of the title "Badass" as any of the aforementioned groups), Darkspawn, Demons and more. Without hesitation I would easily lump the Legionairres into the above assortment of bonafide badasses, but I don't necessarily see them as being any more or less badass than the Templars, Wardens, Crows, etc, etc. These are all elite groups that give their members the best training(or in the legion's case, the most brutal hands on experience that quickly seperates the Cans from the Can'ts) and/or accept only the most talented recruits.

If the warden was a blood mage, why would he just run? And the rape of an Orlesian Princess, eh, slap on the wrist. She might even have liked it and the drama it brought her. I love the architect, his right hand was a silent sister turned grey warden.. ^-^I’m a dwarf, I’m a dwarf. Hey, hey, I~I’m a Dwarf.  ~_~ Heehee.  SO nerdy..

lol those were just suggestions, but why run? Well like you yourself pointed out...Legionairres ARE badasses. He'd just beaten a group of them. No doubt they managed to wound him and tire him out at least. And then just as he finishes the last one, two fresh ones show up. He barely won the fight he just finished. He was in no shape whatsoever to deal with two brand new badass legionairres, both at full strength and ready to rumble. And for all he knows there might be even more Legionairres on the way who won't take kindly to what he just did to their friends.

And another possible explanation for the fight just occured me. Maybe the Warden was chasing after a blood mage(or even worse, a new breed of Darkspawn that can control minds). The quarry the Warden was chasing used blood magic to mind-control Luci and the others into attacking him, forcing him to defend himself before he could pursue the true target. He did not want to waste more time on Mateo and Sigrun while his target escaped. Especially once he saw the rage in Mateo's eyes and knew there was no way he could explain why he had to kill their friends before they attacked him. Or the Warden himself may have been under the influence of Blood Magic when the confrontation happened, brainwashed into protecting his new master who had reasons of their own for wanting the group dead.

Though personally, I like the idea of using Wardens as a villain in this story, and not as misunderstood heroes. To show that good and evil exists everywhere in everyone. Even Duncan suggested he'd put an entire village to the sword, every man, woman, and child to ensure no Tainted escaped. Or something to that effect...the line between hero and villain is razor thin when you're dealing with Grey Wardens.

As to leaving things vague for us GMs, I am uncertain as to the style of which we are playing this out. Characters need their direction in which they shall continue onward, even without the help of a GM like a collaborative story. I’m sure there will be some guidance assists or ‘Fork in the Roads’ options,.

I'll come up with a reason for the Warden's actions if you guys prefer. Just figured i'd give you guys the option so that if you want, you can weave it into whatever existing storylines you already have in mind. I did not want to end up contradicting anything you guys are brewing up behind the scenes  ;)

Oreida Wesker

Ah, he hates me. My job is done. :P

As to her coming to the conclusion. Well, that’s also going off the notion that she has enough life experience and medical knowledge to think in those terms. The dalish girl most likely had very little female influence in her life as well as very little people to converse with that would understand her backing and only Mateo to truly be her greatest companion. Hell, I bet her first menstrual cycle scared the hell out of her.

We'll just have to disagree on the 'badass' ness and about level development from the game in order to do those things. Hell, by the end of DAO, my dwarven rogue was the last one standing and practically took on the archdemon by herself because how easily impervious it is. I'm not going to point out that your the hero, your suppose to live. It'll be tedious. None the less, I’m done with the matter.

I was planning something…  But.. –gives him a tummy rub- You’ll just have to do, Red. I think i'll just infact use that queer warden of yours later.

On to someone else.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Alright Katra Alexion....

1. Good equiptment, item, and weapon.  Twenty skills, only one of them a song and yet the specialization is a Bard…
2. Have to edit about Locan striking the blow to Loghain. Other then that, everything is really close to the story. Hell, didn't even kill the High Dragon there or Brother Genitivi.
3. Your on list is a work in progress?... Why? Progress, woman. -prods-

Evaluation Complete.  Chopped liver, indeed. YOur so finely chopped we could serve you as pate, spread you thin upon a cracker and bury you in caviar.  Next victim.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

Alright woman alright! Sheesh, no need to crack the whip. You know that excites me too much  :P

As for the other details, sure. But I thought Locan did kill Loghain *shrugs* oh well =>.<=

Alright I edited the character sheet and fleshed my girl's back story a bit more.

kckolbe

Just wanted to say good job with this idea.  I always enjoy seeing people blur the lines between freeform and system, and this looks to be a great example.  This made me wish I'd gotten further into the game than I did.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on August 15, 2012, 04:18:12 PM
Just wanted to say good job with this idea.  I always enjoy seeing people blur the lines between freeform and system, and this looks to be a great example.  This made me wish I'd gotten further into the game than I did.

Still room to get involved if you so fancy.

kckolbe

Can't say I'm not intrigued, but having missed out on so much of the story (I only played part of the first Dragon Age, none of the second), and being pretty well stocked on games already, just not sure that I should.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Oreida Wesker

Well Awakening hasn't started, Kolbe. This is like a few weeks after Alister is crowned King where as Awakening starts six months later. It opens up so everyone has their road to build and if we get to the part about Awakening, then we'll set up the quests to go through the story. This is a slightly Alternate Universe Thedas.
Hots and Nots

Primarch

Its about time we get started. We'll start IC tomorrow.

I assume some people want to start in Warden's Keep as several histories finish with players there. What about Denerim? We can have a thread there too if there's interest.

DRoux

I'd be alright with a Denerim thread, but if there isn't one, I can send Lorcan to Amaranthine to hunt down the Howe children.

-EDIT- Oops, that'd be Vigil's Keep I'm thinking of, not Warden's Keep. Well, regardless. Same offer. :P

Primarch

Also, any preference on which board its set in? I assume not NC, because clearly you'll all be wanting it real bad from Darrian. :P

Katra Alexion

Latooni Subota

No preference about what board it is, since I'm pretty open-minded.

Katra Alexion

Same here *hides naughty sketch of Zevran behind her*

Oreida Wesker

Well, it seems we'll have one set up of Denerim [by me] and the Other of Warden's Keep on Soilder's Peak [ By Primarch]. The distance between the two is a day and a half travel; that's counting in the mountain road and labyrinthine caverns that lead to the fortress.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

I'm ready to start whenever you guys are.  ;D

Bigmyth

Primarch

Bigmyth

Quote from: Primarch on August 19, 2012, 06:37:58 AM
Certainly

Great! I was wondering if I could stray a bit from the usual characters. I was thinking about an Orlesian Warden who didn't participate in the battle against the Archdemon but who was sent to reinforce the Ferelden Wardens. That sound okay?

Primarch

Quote from: Bigmyth on August 19, 2012, 06:53:10 AM
Great! I was wondering if I could stray a bit from the usual characters. I was thinking about an Orlesian Warden who didn't participate in the battle against the Archdemon but who was sent to reinforce the Ferelden Wardens. That sound okay?

Sent after the Blight? Absolutely.

Bigmyth

Alright, what I have so far:

Name: Myron Renard
Class: Mage, Battlemage
Origin Path: NA

Appearance:
(minus the robes)

Equipment: Regalia of Weisshaupt (http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Regalia_of_Weisshaupt_(mage)) (I know, no DA2 equipment. But it's just for the appearance), Staff of the Lost

Skills:
Draining Aura, Hand of Winter, Stoic, Elemental Chaos
Arcane Bolt, Arcane Shield, Staff Focus, Arcane Mastery
Fade Shield, Elemental Mastery, Attunement, Time Spiral
Lightning, Shock, Tempest, Chain Lightning
Mind Blast, Force Field, Telekinetic Weapons, Crushing Prison

History: Myron was born in Lydes, a city located in Eastern Orlais. He is the second child of Mariane and Gascard Renard. The Renard family is a noble family that acquired most of it's fortunes during the Orlesian occupation of Ferelden. Myron spent the first decade of his life in the comfort of his family riches, enjoying the best education and the social status the high society of Orlais could offer. However it was his older sister Marie who was next in line to become head of the family. And by the time he was 12 and his sister was old enough, his father took Marie under his wing to prepare her to lead one day. This caused Myron to struggle with his future role in life. However fate already decided a different path for Myron when it gave him an affinity for magic. At the age of 12 he started having strange dreams of a land where spirits from the beyond talked to him. Gascard called in an expert to figure the meaning of the dreams and the expert revealed the talent of magic slumbering within Myron. Gascard did not see this as a blessing but as a curse. So the choice was made to send Myron to the Circle of Magi in Val Royeaux.

The White Spire served as Myron's home for the coming years as he mastered the arcane arts. His family did still support him with sporadic visits and occasional monetary support to the circle to the benefit of Myron, but they prefered to keep the presence of mage amongst the family members a secret. Myron never bonded with any of his fellow students at the circle, instead he dedicated himself to his studies and the political debates in Circle. Myron quickly became very adept at the physical aspect of magic but never engaged in the more spiritual aspects that the Chantry tried to teach the mages. This caused for some enchanters to criticize him for using magic only as a tool to enhance his own abilities but most of his mentors comended him for his skill. So it wasn't strange that when he hit the age of 19 he was deemed capable enough to attempt his Harrowing. He passed the test but the experience changed him, reawakening his struggle to find a place in the world other than being just another mage locked up in the Circle. And opportunity arose when 2 years later the Grey Wardens of Orlais were recruiting new members. In a moment of clairvoyance Myron sent a message to the Grey Wardens requesting to join their ranks. At first the Knight-Commander of the Templar Order opposed Myron taking initiative to join the Wardens since normally candidates were to be nominated by the First Enchanter and the Templars. But Myron's request was supported by both the First Enchanter and most of the other senior mages at the Circle. So the Wardens were invited to the Circle to test Myron and after a few trials Myron had proven himself as possible asset to the Wardens. Only the fabled Joining remained in his way to becoming a Grey Warden. Myron expected a trial similar to the Harrowing, but when he was finally faced with the truth he felt horrified. A Warden named Riordan helped him overcome his fear and convinced him to drink from the chalice. Myron survived but the ritual took a great toll on him, he fell into a 3 day sleep with constant nightmares of the darkspawn plaguing him.

When Myron awoke, he awoke a changed man. He had sacrificed his body to the corruption but in return he had received a purpose in life. Him joining the Grey Wardens also eventually led into him breaking with his family. The Wardens had become his new family. And his family trained him in the art of war and vigilance. It was a period of happiness for Myron, he had finally found his place in Thedas. But as the years went by his nightmares became more frequent and more intense. The older Wardens predicted a Blight approaching. And they were right, a darkspawn horde arose in Ferelden. Myron joined the group of Wardens originally intended to reinforce the Wardens in Ferelden but they were delayed by strange news about the events at Ostagar and by Tyrn Loghain's refusal to cooperate. The Wardens in Orlais were forced to stand at the sidelines while the Archdemon attacked Denerim. They had already given up hope of saving Ferelden from the Blight when the news came that a group of young Wardens had defeated the Archdemon. However most of the Grey Warden Order was effectively decimated at Ostagar thus Weisshaupt commanded Orlais to send spare Wardens to help rebuild the order in Ferelden. The Warden-Commander of Orlais decided to send Myron to both investigate what really transpired in Ferelden and to make sure that the future of the Ferelden Order of the Grey Wardens was secured.

Primarch

IC Feel free to get started on making nice IC in Warden's Keep, we'll get something for you to deal with in while once you've had time to play around a little.

Bigmyth

So, any remarks on my profile?

Oreida Wesker

Primarch was suppose to handle this, but why break my streak so far.  I am sorry for the wait, I've been attempting to come up with my dwarven dame for some time and had a huge mental blockage from sheer excitement.

Alright, Bigmyth

1. I applaude your choice in a Orlesian Warden, a Battlemage no less.  Very neato.

2. Equipment.  Primarch wants it to be clear that you can not have equiptment based on looks, although you can add things to your character to modify  the appearance.  I don't honestly get it as confusing as that sounds, but you must choose DAO equipment and later, while RPing, you'll be able to upgrade and find better equipment like the Storm Chaser armor set and so on. This being a AU, we might even be able to make stuff, but him being a Grey Warden, I wouldn't see why he would be wearing an outfit suitable for mages of Anderfel, where Wiesshaupt sits..
3. You can still pick another accessory item and any personal affects he might carry.
4. Ons and Off? -pokes-

Now to FAQ based on my first PM about why we have to start with basic equiptment and not changing it on a costmetic level. It's because if we fail to run this game Freeform, with some GM interventions to determine outcome of battles and effects, then I have already created the Dragon Agatha system [ still in Delta Testing] for our DA Group. It's more complex then my Molly System, but with this sandbox i'll be able to figure out how to better fit certain situations, most combat and looting. ^-^ I love Looting..
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

*offers up a free bag of loot*

TheRedFear

Only reason I havn't posted yet is Warden's Keep doesn't seem an appropriate place for a my boy to start. Also I beleive he's supposed to start out with a certain dwarven lass.

Katra Alexion

I will post soon, haven't been feeling well for the last few days

DigitLninja

Name: Laron Amell

Class: Arcane Warrior, Battlemage, Blood Mage.

Origin Path: Mage

Appearance:

Equipment: Wade's Superior Dragonbone Plate Armor, Spellweaver, Talon of the Skies.

Skills: 
Arcane Bolt > Arcane Shield > Arcane Mastery
Combat Magic > Aura of Might > Shimmering Shield > Fade Shroud
Draining Aura > Stoic
Blood Magic > Blood Sacrifice
Winter's Grasp > Frost Weapons > Cone of Cold > Blizzard
Heal > Regeneration > Mass Rejuvenation
Horror > Walking Nightmare

History:
The Amell family was one of the most powerful of Kirkwall with two sons and a daughter on the way the family was next in line for the title of Viscount. It was a Glorious time for the family until the first born began to show signs of magic. They knew that sending the boy to the Gallows would be the death of him and the family would be devastated but they would not be able to train the boy privately in Kirkwall, so the father made arrangements for a ship and a convoy to take the boy to the Circle Tower in Ferelden, also making the arrangements to remove the name Laron Amell from the family line entirely making sure that no one spoke of it again.

On the journey to Ferelden Laron found comfort with a special passenger on the ship a man by the name of Duncan who was apparently attempting to escape some pursuers and offered a large amount of money to let him board the ship, Laron felt safest with the man and found himself learning some defensive moves and fighting skills that, according to his new friend could save his life one day. That day came sooner than he thought as they landed on the southern lands of Ferelden and promptly became lost in the Brecilian Forest. The team found themselves wandering the same path over and over then suddenly they where standing at the entrance to a large ancient temple. They decided to make camp for the night and try again in the morning.

They awoke to the screams of one of the group being dragged off by a living skeleton and the rest of them fought well but where forced to fall back into the temple, Duncan was to protect Laron as they fell back but the two of them found themselves separated from the others and as Duncan raised his blades to fight, Laron found himself slipping on a branch from the large tree growing in the stone, and sliding down with said branch deep into the belly of the temple. Laron took hold of the branch at his feet and pulled himself up looking around in fear of being attacked as he knew only a few defensive moves.

The spirits seemed preoccupied with the battle upstairs so Laron began to wander and found himself in a small room with a bookshelf full of old books and a strange pedestal what seemed to contain some power. After searching around Laron discovered a strange crystal and the moment he lifted it he felt a presence. The two of them began to discuss things, before long Laron was trained in the ways of the Arcane Warrior, he was told what to expect with his harrowing, what to study to keep himself strong enough to wield weapons and armor, then as an act of mercy for the spirit locked within he placed the gem on the pedestal and let the spirit die.

Laron now had the knowledge and experience of a powerful Mage, with a little practice he would be ready for battle in no time as long as he survived this, that's when he turned around to find himself face to face with a white wolf that had a powerful spirit energy about it, it was strange though seemed that there was a line leading away from her and disappearing through the wall. The wolf suddenly turned and motioned for him to follow, and before long they emerged back in the entrance hall where Duncan and the others where recuperating, the wolf left before anyone else saw him and Laron thanked the creature before moving into view of the others.

The path out of the forest seemed almost laughably easy, they found the path into Lothering within an hour and before long it was time to part ways, Duncan tossed Laron a powerful knife and sword he had found in the temple and told the boy he was an honorary Grey Warden, should they ever need him the Wardens would call upon him. Laron thanked Duncan and made a promise that he would become a Mage worthy of the order.

Years passed and before long Laron was the embodiment of the Arcane Warrior, he had spent years training and studding everything he would need to be the best warrior, keeping both the blades as his weapons and the stick he had tripped on as his staff for ranged battling. Laron had approached the Headmaster early on to inform him about his abilities, and requested help in learning Blood Magic that he could not become stronger without the use of blood but with limited training and constant observation by the headmaster himself he could learn just enough to provide the strength needed to be the top Mage within the order. The Headmaster agreed to Laron's terms but only after he finished the Harrowing, Laron's was one of the fastest Harrowing's in the history of the Circle.

Under strict rules and regulations as set by the Headmaster Laron learned just enough Blood Magic to maintain his Arcane Warrior abilities, his honor and concern for the people around him kept him from straying too far into the Black Arts. Coupling these trait's with those of the Battlemage secured his position as one of the top Mages in the Circle Tower, but it wasn't long before he left as the call for Gray Wardens was sent out across Ferelden and Laron had a promise to keep.

Ons: Exhibitionism, Small Breasts, Vaginal, Toys, ect.
Offs: Gore, Blood Play, Feces.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 22, 2012, 03:48:28 AM
2. Equipment.  Primarch wants it to be clear that you can not have equiptment based on looks, although you can add things to your character to modify  the appearance.  I don't honestly get it as confusing as that

Let me make my point in a more clear manner on unique equipment. Thus far people claiming unique equipment have included obtaining it in the same manner its obtained in the Dragon Age: Origins, which makes the game thus far very lore friendly. I don't want to include DA2 character unique equipment because its invariably going to place these unique pieces of gear into the world to suit the player apping them, which quite frankly I don't want to start a trend of because I rather like how lore friendly the game is thus far and as most players have kept the game lore friendly I think its a small thing to ask that the rest of the players coming in respect that.

Hey DigitL, Broken Circle is already claimed, as is The Rose's Thorn....and you can pick 20 skills, not 25. Lastly "Origin Path" is a referenced to which of the games starting stories you want to use (if any) not which plot points your claiming.

DigitLninja

I think I fixed everything.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Primarch

There's a page here with the actual Amell family history. That being said if your taking the Human Mage Origin path would the character not have been found by Duncan and taken to Ostagar and everything? You don't have to use an origin path, we just provide the option for people that wish to play Grey Wardens involved in the blight & civil war. I will point out I don't like his overplayed activities in the Tower, seemingly killing multiple abominations and then saving the Knight-Commander all by his lonesome self & he assumed a leadership position over both Mages & Templar? That seems extremely unlikely.

DigitLninja

damn it... I didn't remember that Hawk was an Amell... I don't want that Linage...

He didn't assume leadership over the Templar just the Mages, he tended to Templar wounds though, taking up a leadership position. I just didn't get my point across right...
Quotes to Live by:

Oreida Wesker

Name: Roque Brosca
Race: Dwarf
Class: Warrior, Berserk Spirit Warrior
Origin Path: Casteless

Appearance:
With Armor...

Without Armor...

Armor: Evon the Great’s Mail, dwarven Boots, Barbed fist, Dwarven Helmet
Accessory:
Weapon Dragon Brand | Jarvia's Shank and Dwarven Axe
Skills:
Berserk -> Resilience -> Constraint -> Final Blow
Beyond the Veil -> Soul Brand -> Fade Burst -> Blessings of the Fade
Sweeping Strike ->Two-Handed Impact -> Onslaught -> Reaving Storm
Second Wind -> Peon’s Plight -> Grievous Insult -> Massacre
Dual Weapon Mastery

History:
Has no clue whom her Pa was, only that he left Kalah for the surface shortly after Roque was born. Mam always blamed her for the blotched hope of marriage and, despite Rica and Roque not sharing the same father, her big sister sheltered her from her mother’s drunken rage for ten years and spared her the weight, and debt, of becoming a Noble Hunter.  The only good that came out of it all was Rica’s higher education, passing it along to Roque so the girls could practice together in their speech, playing string instruments, and, the most annoying of all, posture. They were not lessons she cared for, but for the sake that her sister was successful in nabbing a noble Lord, she would be damned to embarrass her in being a common duster. The highlight of her casteless life was earning her first sovereign; all she had to do was give up an eyetooth and the front molar beside it..

Unfortunately, Rica couldn’t spare her from finding a friend like Leske. The boy was five years older than her and already in the Carta, it coaxed young Roque to join with the notion to save Rica from their debt to Berhert. One day, that monster was going to slip and Roque was going to be there to plunge that knife under his landing. For years she waited, old enough now to stand on her own against the drunken mother and brawl most of the men whom her sister was pimped out to, but one day was different from all the others. The nobles had a Proving in celebration of the Aeducan’s second child, leaving most of the Common Quarter barren and sectioned off for only those of caste and merchants to observe.. Not to mention a real life Grey Warden.

While all was busy, she chased down someone holding out on payment at Tapsters and received a few lumps of raw lyrium she decided to hold onto. Berhert wasn’t happy about that whole arrangement when she told him the man ran off with it, so to make up the profit loss, he had the duo go to put a sedative in the water supply of one of the Proving Fighters. Another job that was horribly blotched, so Roque had no choice, but to fight in the Proving herself and in the end, she won… Then, imprisoned for impersonating a noble with intent to fix a proving, not to mention soiling the sacred Grounds with her pitiful casteless presence… And now Berhart was coming to kill her so she couldn’t tell anyone it was him behind the set up…  No damn way. Leske picked the lock and they escaped, having to kill Berhert in the process while he attempted to pimp out Ricato some proving fighters as trophy ass.  After killing them all, she and Leske tried to make a break for it. IN opening the doors the knights just outside the door to stop her and Leske, along with the Grey Warden Duncan; to keep the fighter from facing exile to the Deep Roads or even death he invoked the Rite of Conscription. After last words with her family, she had no choice, but to leave all she knew and, with exception of parting from Rica, she was glad to leave.

Surface Life and Wardens
She hated sunshine, it took weeks for her to grow accustomed to the light and she felt like she was going to fall up into that watery sky and drown within the clouds. Sometimes she would awaken from sleep from strange visions, just a blink of one that would startle her awake when she normally slept like the stone. She had a bad feeling about all of this with the foolish king having delusions of grandeur as the leader, how the mages and chantry sisters kept snipping at one another, there wasn’t a sense of community unless she was hanging around Duncan or the Kennels. The poor sick hounds were creatures that caught her eye, suffering for their protective nature for these humans. It wasn’t right. When the joining came around, they spent a few days exploring the wilds for vials of dark spawn blood and some old treaties. More important to her were the white flowers with red centers and in bringing them back, she now had a lifelong friend that would follow her until the end. Her first connection to the surface world that made it all worthwhile was a mabari she dubbed, Toki.

She couldn’t remember the names of the men that were with her in the joining, all she knew was that she survived and got her first sight of the archdemon. From there, the plan to fight the horde was rapidly approaching and for her, it was a blur. All she remembered were flashes of blood, the clink of armor, and the dark spawn were everywhere… Yet when she awoke, she was in a hobbled old house with an old lady tending to a fast closing wound in her shoulder. Magic. Real magic. She wasn’t about to take Morrigan with her, she had litte trust of humans as it was, now they added magic into the equation. From here, she banded in with a group of wardens left in Fereldan, and headed North to Loithering. Exploring the makeshift villa, the dwarven girl met a huge man in a cage. A kossith, she never seen one up close and one without horns to boot… She gained permission from the chantry mother to have him released to her care rather than die. Sten pledged to follow her until her mission was complete and first track of this noble quest was heading to Orzammar with a treaty to gain alliances.

Paragon of Her Kind
It took five days and they walked into chaos. Funny how having no king ruins everyone’s day, but first was first. Looking up her sister, Rica was moved up to a Courtesan, a noble caste, thanks to baring a son to Lord Behlen, a sneaky bastard rumored to have killed his own brother and exiled the other sibling in order to be king.

Too bad Roque didn’t give a shit, she rather her sister and nephew stay safe and well fed, even with her mother bitterly sniveling about them putting on aires with their stroke of fortunes. Now, actually putting that rat bastard on the throne was no easy task, but she did have to go off after the carta while she was there. Leske had to try to get her killed; he was always a blind follower and never aspired for more. The death of Leske and vengeful Jarvia by her name went nigh unmarked, not many gave a rats ass about a couple of dusters. Sten, Toki, and Roque needed to go into the deep road to find Paragon Branka to settle a dispute and it seems this excursion attracted her husband. A foul mouth, drunken, blunt tongued, wily bastard named, Oghren Kondat. He was a warrior first, but in killing a noble’s son in a first blood match because of a catty remark about Branka, Oghren was stripped of weapon in the city limits.

Hot damn, he could make her laugh with his dirty comments. He was a lot of help in finding Branka, but the two dwarves almost wished they didn’t. Branka was mad; with obsession over finding the anvil, she sacrificed many of her blind followers to death, traps, and darkspawn. They even fought a brood mother that had once been kin. The horrors were unforgivable, yet to find the anvil was ever more impressive as it was painful. Caridin requested it be destroyed, Branka refused, Oghren wanted it to be given to her, to give her another shot at life and come back with him. Roque caved, killing the golem that was Paragon Caridin yet Branka would not let up on want to sacrifice more souls to the Anvil of the Void. Branka made the crown, but wouldn’t return. Arguing with her, Roque and Oghren was able to show her what she had done and couldn’t take the realization of that horror.. They stood and watched, helpless, as she flung herself into the lava pools…  They returned, and crowned Behlen as king, the heartless bastard sentenced Harrowmont to death so that none would challenge his ruling. Roque had no choice, but to stand with the choice she made this day, contemplating if it was truly worth saving her sister from poverty in trade for the death of an innocent, honest man.

She was quick and glad to be leaving. Given that Oghren had nothing left to keep him in Orzammar, he decided to follow Roque, to death or glory..

Sulcher's Pass: Demons and Golems
In Leaving the Frost back Mountains, a trail lead her to Sulcher’s pass which lead to a control rod and a village under darkspawn attack. After cleaning the bastards out, she found a golem statue that had been heavily modified with a more humanoid face and mystical runes. The more she aided in exploring the village, she managed to save some people stuck in a cellar and more so that there was a girl lost deep in the cavern below.  In exchange for her safe return, the man would give the word needed to awaken the golem. Easy deal. Not so much when she got down there. She was able to unlock the tablet puzzle to break the ward and save the girl, but she was flirting with danger  in cutting a deal with the spirit of Passion. A low tier demon, but Kitty would have to be dispatched or lend some power to her in order to get glimpses of this mortal world outside the hole in the ground. The beast agreed, returning to the fade, but now with one foot in the real world thanks to Roque. The demon was unable to control her spirit, the dwarven girl’s mental resistance to Kitty’s charms were impressive and although no one would have known that those few seconds felt like the week had passed already..

It was an exhausting moment, but after that… Roque felt.. Stronger, better.. And a bit more.. Curious about the world.. On the down side, every smelt more intense, light felt sharp to her eyes again, loud sounds were less annoying to her, and now once in a while, she heard voices and visions.. Not like the blight nightmares, but something… Out worldly.. What a strange feeling it all was to feel everything like new to all her senses after nary a year… Yet what was done was done, and she won the word to the Rod. Awakening the golem, it seems the rod was useless after all as the creature wouldn’t do anything she asked. Yet this golem named, Shale, would follow her due to lack of purpose and direction. It did lead them to Cadash Thiag, where they learned Shale was once a dwarf.. And a Warrior.. and a Woman, whom was second to the King and volunteered to be a Golem.

The Down time and Space Fillers of Travel
The brand of four pressed on and come in contact with Alistair and Lelianna traveling with a pair of Elven siblings she had met at Flemeths’ hut so briefly. They swapped tales by fire light as they made camp, including their run in with the wily Antivan Crow. Z-something was the elf’s name, she couldn’t really see how they let him live. Roque would have killed the bastard. As it came to passing, Roque and Lelianna had time to talk. She loved the thoughts she had about this ‘Maker’ thing and Andraste, but the religion was not for her. Even though she was never accepted by the stone, Roque found more comfort in things she could see and feel. Eventually Roque played her lute for her, while the elven and laysister sang in the nights they could camp together.. Roque love the night, the world was dark under the soft glow of the pearl like moon… Except for that one night the darkspawn tried to ambush them. That sucked balls, but they were no match for the Wardens and their companions.

In the months to come before slaying the archdemon, Roque finally had a trace of a caring extended family.. Kadan as she was called by Sten after going to great lengths to secure Asala, his soul and sword. Sister, as she was claimed by Oghren after helping him reunite with his old flame, Felsi. Master to Toki, a Marbari War hound never strayed from her side. ‘Mon petite mi amore’ to Lelianna as the two women found a quiet, intimate adoration for one another even in the desperate and bleak time of war. When they couldn't talk and visit, they would write with hope for the best outcome.

The Death of the Archdemon and Aftermath
After aiding to protect in Denerim from the bulk of the hoarde and its generals, the archdemon was slain and those leaderless drones rushed back into the underground. Only now as Alistair is crowned king, everyone was going their own way. Shale was to leave with Wynne to try and bring up more of her memories after their trip to the Cadash Thaig. Oghren was going to settle down with Felsi and join the army, but he promised to write when he could. Sten had to travel to the islands to answer the Arishok’s question and, as much as she would have loved to stop everything to travel with the Qunari, Fereldan still needed her help in the tough times to come. Now, once again, It was just her and Toki, the faithful Mabari..

And Rica? Seems her sister is now an Ambassador of Orzammar and word was that Roque was being discussed for the title of Paragon… Whoa… She soon traveled back to Orzammar to attend the hearing and help the Leigion a bit with te darkspawn, but it seemed to be taking longer then she thought. A month later, she recieved a letter from that Elf guy, seems he's a Commander of the Grey and they needed to discuss business. She said her goodbye to her Sister, big Brother Behlen, and nephew before she and Toki headed off on the road to Soldier's Peak..

Ons:Rough housing/sparring, white wines, shiny trinkets, mint oils, close dark spaces, pearls, Biting
Offs:Bodily Waste, surprises, degradation/humiliation
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Finally got her done. ^_^ Now I can focus on the game and story. ^_^ I'll be making an OOC DIscussion Thread that will have our characters sheets on the first pages of hte game as well as hyperlinks to the IC character games. I'll be making this up soon so I hope people are thinking of things they would like to do.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Wow, the day I thought I was off, I wasn't.  I just went through two days of hell andn ow tis behind in some of my games.. shit monkey taco, don't worry babies. I'm going to do this dragon Age game if it damn well kills me.

You know how hard it is to find people to play with? Very fricken hard, almost as difficult as finding a good cannon-like Varric without thinking.. Yeah.. he's not that cheesy and unsauve... How hard is it to be occasionally witty and sincere with curiousity?

Really? That hard. I have a better time finding someone to play a Kossith. -flails her arms and goes off to take a much needed nap- If any wish to bail, make sure ya do it now or forever hold your peace cause tis be a mad one.
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

Being intelligent about it, there is no reason for me to be involved if I'm not filling the roll of Amell... I would protest but that wouldn't do any good, so I will remake my character with the Amell family in mind...
Quotes to Live by:

Oreida Wesker

You don't have to make a character from the Amell family even though some of the roads are taken, with limit, you can just be a Circle Mage Human. I really don't know why you wouldn't want to be a cousin in the Amell.

If you don't want to be involved because of what you think is a logical choice, then you probably shouldn't be involved. THis is suppose to be fun for DA Fans, not an obligation..
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

I just thought of it, with the exception of the the human noble and Oreida there - do the rest of the players get a mabari?

Oreida Wesker

I thought of it too, but figured  since no one else had thought of it until it was brought up, I fail to see why any charcter would need one other then to just have one.

You can't just 'get' a mabari. They're not normal or common animals like cats, dogs, and nugs. Wardens could get ahold of one through the Kennel master, whom trains and cares for them, but Mabari pick their masters. They're sentient and although they go to fight for human safety, they will not just listen to anyone. In Fereldan, the saying goes that if you are the master of a Mabari, then it is because the hound can see your greatness..

The real question is: can any of the players earn a mabari. We'll leave that to game play, shall we... But for now, your welcome to play with the ones in the Keep's kennels.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

*points to Oreida* What she said!  ;D

Oreida Wesker

-grins- Okay, boom baby.

Anyway, I got the game links on the front page and the OOC board is up for talkies. I'll be transfering over the approved characters and so far, Prime doesn't got a problem with my dwarven girl.
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

I fixed my back story.

Your link to the Wardens Keep takes us to the OOC by the way.
Quotes to Live by:

Latooni Subota

I TOTALLY forgot I hadn't edited my background to fix the few issues you had with Neria. @.@

Did a quick editing job just now, and I think I got everything. Maybe.

Oreida Wesker

Time for Evaluation. –Striked her old hammer down  for arbitrary  judgement.-

Alright DigitaLNinja
1. Alright, basic statisics look good. You can add an accessory, if you like.
2. Lord Aristide Amell was up for Viscount  [‘Duke’] not a Regent [Kingdom]
3. Your background makes no sense…. There wasn’t any other way I could put it, honestly, I read it four times hoping I missed something, but unfortunately, I was right the first time. You created a character of Amell, but not the human mage in the game. Perhaps you don’t know, but you just  inadvertedly attempted to change the finalized history and make something else entirely.  That’s a no-no. He was 10-13, met Duncan p an Honorable Rivaini whom wouldn’t be on the run, but I still concede that he could have been in Kirkwall or least passing by from Starkhaven] whom taught him to fight over a small period of time, then Loren got lost with him in the Brecillian forest?  And a Headmaster helped him learn Blood Magic for the Harrowing?.. What headmaster would allow that? It’s just.  I applaud that you tried to stick to the background a little, but after the first three sentences all of that is major AU and out of the question.
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

1: yay
2: Changed
3: I have no idea what you mean by the 'finalized history' for the Human Mage... Duncan was known to run away from the Wardens on more than one occasion according to the wiki, he was also a skilled thief so I figured this could be one of his escape attempts. This was a payed escort that Loren and Duncan were traveling with and since they landed in the south, past the Wilds, it's entirely possible that they took a path through the forest and ended up lost as the forest saw fit to do so. The Headmaster approving of learning Blood Magic was a stretch, but I wanted my character to be intelligent about it, to find a way to study the subject with a person who could monitor him for signs of corruption, who could give him access to the books needed to study, and who would limit his study to the two recommended spells he needed. However no Headmaster would openly accept the teaching of Blood Magic, unless he was already corrupted by said magic, so what if instead of Headmaster I put Ulrich down as the person who taught him?
Quotes to Live by:

Katra Alexion

Perhaps, another mage warden? Grey warden are known taking in all kinds, using all resources they can garner to end a blight that may include some unspoken about blood mages - Avernus was one but I think in this killing that old man was killed off.

Oreida Wesker

Ducan:
Duncan was around 16-18 years old when conscripted into the Grey Wardens on the morning he was to be executed for killing a Warden. From that age til he becomes a bit more of an adult, yes, I will give you that, he does run away like Anders, but around the Ameel boy's time, it's 14 years later and Duncan is in his thirties; he  travels with King Maric into the Deep roads to find Ultha, a fellow grey that aligned herself with the Architect.

In that time, the Amell boy come to age of being able to have magic [10-13 years old], they send him away to avoid scandal. It wouldn't be possible for Duncan to be there. By that time he's not a young man and he's more focused in serving Fereldan. He could possibly go to Kirkwall since it's just across the sea, but it's.. eh.

Forest Path:
I do like the idea of Witherfang being like a protective spirit to a young boy, espeically that being a mage. That was a pretty image. Kirkwall is north of Fereldan. Like seriously, unless the boat was heading for Amaranthine which is futher south, they could just pull into the port of Denerim. it would be the quickest way to get to the Circle.

Blood magic:
Monitor Blood Magic. Blood Magic has been around since the Old GOd gave the dark gift and the Teviniter Mages used it to step foot on the Maker's Golden City and turned it black with corruption of Man.; which caused the Blight. If there was a way to intellectually go about monitoring a Blood Mage, someone would have found out a way in all that time. It's why Templars are so vicious as to kill a mage or call for Annulment of a Tower. One blood mage, they all could be Blood Mage. Direct game information. It's so prejudice that even a Spirit Warrior is frowned upon as they are not mages, but can still 'flirt with the fade', thanks to lyrium, for power of Spirits. Not demons, but Spirits, yet to a templar, how would they expect a common folk to know the difference.

THere is no way to test except to force the mage to what could be a deadly fight, the demon would emerge to preserve the host. Jowan was able to do blood magic, but even he was in hiding of it to run away with his beloved Chantry girl. If he did blood magic in the Harrowing, I think the templars would kill him.. I need to play the mage origin. >.> That part, I don't know...
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

1: fine I can remove Duncan from that story, it's going to a lot more boring though.

2: *sigh* Kirkwall can't be north, if Hawk and his family fled into the wilds that means they were heading south from Lothering. If Kirkwall is to the north then they had to sail around the entirety of Ferelden. In other news I'm glad something is pleasing to someone.

3: I can change this to be something he learned after the attack on the Circle Tower, once again, more boring...

Quotes to Live by:

Primarch

Quote from: DigitLninja on September 01, 2012, 08:21:35 PM
2: *sigh* Kirkwall can't be north, if Hawk and his family fled into the wilds that means they were heading south from Lothering. If Kirkwall is to the north then they had to sail around the entirety of Ferelden. In other news I'm glad something is pleasing to someone.

Kirkwall is to the North of Fereldon, across the Waking Sea.

DigitLninja

then why did they head south into the wilds? It makes no sense!
Quotes to Live by:

DRoux

Flemeth got them to Gwaren from the Wilds.

DigitLninja

ah! see that's what I was missing, ok so now I need a reason why he is a boy lost in the forest to the south if he took a ship from the north... which is fan-tucking-fastic
Quotes to Live by:

Oreida Wesker

Yeah, tis a hard Dragon Age fan even though i'm a little fifty/fifty on DA2. I'm even thinking about joining the poll game they have about what will be in DA3.... Anyway, back on track.  I tried to stop you before when you have your first submission, your completely open to join a another path or create your own character.

Besides the best stories are ones you don't try to make good. Hell, took me almost a week to get my girl up from the sheer excitment. Besides, Duncan is so fatherly, he is boring.. That's what makes him great.

Why not Antivan pirates? Could have chased the ship toward the southern boarders of Fereldan and  the ship crashed upon the shore of the Forest?  That copuld work with the witherfang meeting. That was a really cute angle.. Too bad he wasn't a shape shifter.
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

Pirates... never thought about that... I considered a kidnapping once hey reached the shore... or a field trip once he was in the tower... I like the pirate angle.
Quotes to Live by:

Oreida Wesker

Latooni, your edits were wonderful, thank you for the picture and minor alterations. ^_^  I shall add you.
Hots and Nots

TheRaven

Any chance that you're still accepting?
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Oreida Wesker

As far as I know, we are. Just incase someone tumbles out and loses interest. ^-^

I'll be making the first post, it seems, on 9-3 at the Keep thread i have linked on the front page. [ As well as a map of thedus i I found, but so some reason I couldn't find the google version. Also, got a well done bar fight with Oghren and Alister against everyone on the OOC& Discussion thread. ^_^..

For now, i've been up all night since i got home on grave, thinking up plots and the opening for a battle damaged Denerim with pictures.
Hots and Nots

TheRaven

Name: Falian Mahariel
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue; Ranger
Origin Path: Dalish Elf

Appearance

Equipment: Falon’Din’s Reach, Repeater Gloves, Dalish armor and boots, Heart of Witherfang
Skills:
Rogue Talents:
Dirty Fighting
Below the Belt
Stealth -> Stealthy Item Use -> Combat Stealth

Archery Talents:
Melee Archer -> Aim -> Defensive Fire -> Master Archer
Pinning Shot -> Crippling Shot -> Critical Shot
Rapid Shot -> Shattering Shot -> Suppressing Fire -> Scattershot

Ranger Talents:
Summon Wolf -> Summon Bear -> Summon Spider -> Master Ranger

History: Born into the Sabrae clan of the Dalish, Falian knew from an early age that he wanted to be a hunter. He spent a great deal of his youth training with a longbow, and made fast friends with Tamlen, another young elf who shared his desire to be a hunter.

The two of them attained their status nearly at the same time, and were practically inseparable. For Falian, it seemed that he was lined up for a good life amongst his people, especially once he and Merrill got on “friendly” terms. However, he and Tamlen’s quest for the status of clan heroes would lead them to something neither expected.

While the two were hunting in the forest on an otherwise normal day, they cornered three shem in the woods. They claimed to not be there to disturb the Dalish, and were merely hunting for treasure. Neither being one to take a human at his promise of silence, Falian and Tamlen ensured that the shems would keep quiet, before going to investigate this supposedly elven ruin.

Inside the ruin, after clearing out an infestation of giant spiders, the two found a mirror, seemingly unmarred by the passage of time, unlike the rest of the ruin. Tamlen touched the mirror, and Falian blacked out.

When he came to two days later, Falian was informed that Tamlen was missing, and that he had been returned to camp with an atrocious fever by a Grey Warden of all people. After assuring the Keeper that he was fine, he took Merrill and another hunter, Fenarel, to go look in the ruins to find Tamlen. Inside the ruin, they met Duncan, the Warden who had already saved Falian once temporarily, and offered to make it permanent with an invitation to join the Grey Wardens. Not seeing much alternative, Falian said his goodbyes and left with Duncan to go to Ostagar.

After completing his Joining and successfully surviving the battle that wiped out the rest of the Ferelden Wardens besides his new companions and Alistair, Falian decided he ought to get the treaty with the Dalish honored, considering that he had at least met a few elves from other clans during an Arlathvenn.

During his time with this particular clan, they were willing to overlook the fact that he ruined the potential relationship between Cammen and Gheyna by seducing the latter, as he managed to find a large sample of pure ironbark during one of his ventures into the forest, calmed a halla long enough for Elora to figure out its problem, and later lifted the curse on the Dalish hunters.

Once he learned the truth about Witherfang’s origins, Falian struggled with the choice of what to do, considering that he sympathized with Zathrian’s reasoning, but didn’t want to risk werewolves trying to seek revenge again. Eventually though, his elven loyalties won out, and he brought Zathrian the heart of Witherfang.

Once back in camp, he remained in a state of funk, half-regretting his decision in the forest to not allow the werewolves their chance at freedom from the curse. This experience continued to haunt him all through preparations for the Landsmeet, especially after his run-in with the Tamlen, nearly unrecognizable from his exposure to the Taint. Come time for the final battle, Falain knew that he wouldn’t let another far-reaching curse spread. When the time came, he struck the final blow against the Archdemon, ending the Fifth Blight.

Still concerned with his decision regarding Zathrian, Falian retreated to the Warden’s Keep with the new Commander, whom he stands beside on issues regarding elven equality. After realizing that he couldn't sit around and do nothing in the Keep, he decided to check in with the Commander now and then while cleaning up the pockets of Darkspawn, and secretly, werewolves, in the Brecilian Forest.

Ons: Submissive humans, elves (especially when he’s in a mood when he’s trying to remember)
Offs: General extreme stuff
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

Oreida Wesker

Time for judgment for TheRaven.

1. Finally, a Dalish elf. Soild Archer and a ranger. Nice feel for the connection of nature, tis likes. –giggles- What a jerk, he romances Merril a little and Gheyna? Ha! Nice.
2. Wow, He let the Werewolves suffer under that curse?  –scribbles future plot notes- Very nice.  Okay, so completed the Dalish Treaty and refused to aid the Werewolves and struck the final blow to the Archdemon. –nods- Two good picks.
3. You’re allowed to select accessory if you like..
4.  Perhaps you can have a slight add in of what her personally hopes for other then the Elven Rights Act that the Darrian is hoping to do. Something a little personal? Heh, wouldn't be surprised if he'd be a bit of a werewolf hunter. :P

Other then that, Welcome aboard.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

I am still here. Rl has just been biting me in the ass.

TheRedFear

If he struck the final blow to the archdemon, that means he's the one who impregnated Morrigan as well right? Otherwise killing the archdemon also kills the warden who strikes the final blow if memory serves.

Katra Alexion

Not necessarily. The Orlesian Warden, Riordan - could have struck the final blow as default of forgoing the ritual with Morigan and so far I haven't mention of any of the other pc male Warden sleeping with her >.< :P

DRoux

When I did a fem!Cousland playthrough, I talked Alistair into doing the Ritual and I still got to take out the Archdemon.

Katra Alexion

I am sorry but I will absent for an indeterminate amounts of time, my mother passed away this morning and I found her. Right now my family and I are dealing with cops and paramedics. Please bear with me and I will return as soon as I am able.

Oreida Wesker

Hots and Nots

TheRedFear

Quote from: DRoux on September 05, 2012, 10:40:15 AM
When I did a fem!Cousland playthrough, I talked Alistair into doing the Ritual and I still got to take out the Archdemon.

Wow...that almost makes me wanna do a Fem playthrough. Lol.

Almost.

Oreida Wesker

Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Bumpity peoples!

Remember the OOC is open. I have it listed on the front page under Primarch's intro.

Katra is doing okay, I just talked to her, poor sweetie is going through a rough time right now. I really want to keep this game up, squees, I'd hate to have to continue without people.
Hots and Nots

TheRedFear

Sorry for the delay. I shall endeavor to get caught up tomorrow :)

Oreida Wesker

Well, Might have to accept some more new players, so i'll be bumping here regularly.. maybe even talk to myself a little.

-flails lightly around and bleets like a sheep to attract the wolves..-
Hots and Nots

kckolbe

Did some of the characters disappear?  If so, which ones?

Intro Thread

Oreida Wesker

So far, almost everyone, even my co-gm. haven't spoke to him on yahoo in a while, Redfear seems to be around, but distracted. AQlmost thinking of just starting over with everything under me. I love Dragon Age, I'm not gunna let go of this baby.
Hots and Nots

kckolbe

I wouldn't mind being under you.  ~grins~  I'd like to play a less BioWare character, maybe a part time companion to one of the other players.

Intro Thread

Oreida Wesker

Oo, you wily thing. -coughs a little- Well, that would be fine, several characters have original charcters that roll in. Although if I start my own Dragon Age, I will be implicating the home brew system of 'Dragon Agatha' or 'Molly' for combat and stat training. Through in a bit more smexying up, more areas, and only start up the meeting later. 50 /50 sexy and story.
Hots and Nots

kckolbe

Sounds good.  I am a fan of systems.  I hope we get some more folks on board.  Thus far I am considering a human mage, btw.

Intro Thread

TheRaven

You two posting reminded me I had an obligation to fulfill.  :-X

Falian's been introduced now.

Oreida Wesker

-Ruffles TheRaven's feathers.- Goody. though what might fail here, it will still be established when and if i must do a remake. ^_^

KC: Well that's grand. I am too when it comes to certain things. ^_^ AH.. A human mage, mm? Well, sparkle fingers, If you need any assistance, be mindful I will tackle you about details.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Ha, Raven, great post. I'll have me bitch bark at him tomarrow.  ;P
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

I am still here, just been very busy. Had job interview yesterday and am suppose to hear from them today if I got the job or not *keeping fingers crossed*

Oreida Wesker

I know, snuggle tush. Things will be looking up soon. -nods-
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Game Links:
For those curious about the game, it's just starting and so on. Just looking for more females to pop up and other fellow fans:

Dragon Age OOC Discussion Thread
  Aftermath - Warden's Keep
Aftermath - Denerim]https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151295.0]Aftermath - Denerim

Hots and Nots

Castamere

I'm very interested in being a part of this venture, are there any characters in particular you're looking for? Thank you very much.

A coat of gold, a coat of red... a lion still has claws.
And mine are long & sharp my Lord... as long and sharp as yours.

"The Castaway Thread" Updated - 11/09

Oreida Wesker

The Dwarf Noble Aeducan is open, while human Mage Amell is being considered by DigitNinja. Haven't heard from him in a while, not sure if he's busy or lost interest.

You're welcome to make a Original Character and if there is any assistance you may like, I'm a total DA freak. ^-^ Playable characters are Human, Dwarf, and Elf. I'm not certain about a Kossith [Qunari], but it would have to have a good story.
Hots and Nots

Castamere

Would you be accepting a human noble female? If there's already one in the works for the original story I can always make her a side character, separate to the events of the actual human noble whilst following the general story line which we are adhering to here. I had in mind an illegitimate child of one of the Banns, preferably a warrior.

Cheers.

Oreida Wesker

There isn't a female noble in the works, but if you would like to play one, it's open. Given I have three human Nobles in following yours, Castamere, I will probably be closing that origin as max for now. -noses-

A bastard child sounds like fun, Alister was one after all. Heh. GO to it then and if you need any story assistance, I am here. I am curious if this would be a female Cousland?..
Hots and Nots

Castamere

Would it be more appropriate if she was commoner (of sorts) mayhap, given how you already have three human Nobles? I can turn her into a 'Ser'; these are below the Teyrns, Arls and Banns. She'll still follow the illegitimate child timeline I have in me head, only this time she won't be so regal. :)

Oreida Wesker

Oh, I ment after you it would be the third human noble. -noses- But you may create an Original character with some of hte stuff thrown in, it sounds like a good plot to me. ^_^
Hots and Nots

Castamere

Wicked, Miss Wesker, I shall post me CS soonish then.