The Old West...Profile Code in First Post! PM or Post in Forum Once Filled Out

Started by Cal1496, July 15, 2010, 10:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal1496

The Old West

Old West...OOC

Hey all, looking to put together an old west group RP.  One concerning a group of bank robbers that well...Go around and rob banks.  That is the basic idea and can be adapted to fit around the type of people we get as long as they breach none of these rules...

1:) The year is 1875.  KEEP THIS IN MIND!  Guns, events, all that!  If it happened in 1876, it hasn't happened yet.

2:) This is going to be realistic as possible, meaning no invented guns, no magic, no super abilities.  You ever see the movie 'Appaloosa', that is how these guns fights are gunna be.

3:) Ladies, I'm sorry but sexism is alive and in full swing.  Remember that when making characters.  I'm not saying your gal can't shoot a gun and be good at it.  I'm saying they can't walk around like any swinging dick in cowboy gear and expect for everyone to be fine with that.  Basically no Sharon Stones from 'The Quick and the Dead'  *great movie though!*

4:)  This is not so much a rule as just a way to get attention.  In rule 2:) I stated that gun fights would be quick.  To make it that way I am thinking of incorporating the dice system.  That being said, quality of post, character history, and situation will have a lot to do with how I may add or subtract from that roll.  If everyone is alright with that we can keep it, if someone has other suggestions I am open to them.

5:)  Have some damn fun!  It's suppose to be fun.  Suggest idea's, make observations on characters and just be polite.

6:)  That's it!  Post in here if interested and invite friends who you think might like in as well.  Profiles and who is and isn't accepted will begin later.  Right now, everyone's welcome!

Profiles

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Weapons Carried:[/b]

Quote from: Cal1496Name: Donald 'Don' Brescott
Height: 6'ft
Weight: 170lbs
Physical Description: Tall with short dark hair, Don has a constant five o'clock shadow and tanned skin which makes his dark blue eyes stand out.  He has wide shoulders and is slightly built, though lean would be a better word.  His clothes are simple in that he wears either black or dark brown trousers with standard brown boots, white shirt with a black or dark brown-light brown mixed paisley vest over top a dark brown coat or black depending on the rest of the outfit.  In the end he appears far less a thug some would consider him to be.
Weapons Carried: One 1875 Army Colt and one 1873 Winchester Rifle chamber to the .45 Long Colt.  Also two knives, one a bowie kept at his waist, a far less flashy one than some others he's seen, and a small straight blade kept in his right boat.
Quote from:  Cal1496
Name: Daniel 'Pretty Boy' Venarson
Height: 5'11"ft
Weight: 160lbs
Physical Description: Somewhat lanky with long arms and legs, he does have muscle to him.  His hair is short and light brown, his face pale with a mustache against it and his green eyes.  Always wears some kind of brown, usually with a blue and brown mixed paisley vest and a hat of a brown almost gray colour to it.  Handsome, he is used to the attention of woman  and is still young enough to give them a good time.
Weapons Carried: Two 1875 Army Colts, a single somewhat flashy, but not overly flashy bowie knife at his back.  And his baby, a 12 gauge double barrel shot gun.

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings
Name: Adam Rexson
Height: 6'4
Weight: 210 lbs.
Physical Description: Lean, muscular, brown hair. Has a long scar across the front of his neck.

Weapons Carried: Bowie knife. 2 Colt 1873 Single Action Army revolvers, both carried on gunbelts, side by side on his right hip. A Remington M1867 rifle.

Quote from: Kaizen
Name: Coyote George
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175
Physical Description: Coyote George has geometric tattoos decorating his arms, upper chest, and face that are characteristic of the Comanche.  He wears a top-hat, bowt-ie, vest, jacket, and slacks (all black) taken from a recently deceased businessman's wardrobe but no shirt.  His feet are covered by buckskin moccasins and his hair is braided to a ponytail that reaches halfway down his back.
Weapons Carried: Tomahawk, knife, .44-40 rifle and pistol on a gunbelt.

Quote from: pendariousName: James
Height: 5 ft
Weight: 140 lbs
Physical Description: Short but fairly built. Some what broad shouldered. Black hair with a mustache (think yosemity Sam mustache), cold gray eyes, light skin for a cowboy, fairly dirty from being out and about all the time, wears a Red button down shirt with a long black duster coat, black cowboy's hat, brown leather pants, brown leather gloves, belt with a holster storing a six shooter, black snakeskin boots with brass spurs. A blue bandanna adorns his neck.
Weapons Carried: An old six shooter

Quote from: Imogen
Name: Juan Cardozo
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170
Physical Description: A sombrero covers his smooth, blue-black hair. His face is square with a strong jaw and thin lips. He is clean shaven when he's time for those niceties and sports a full black beard otherwise. He wears a worn, colorful poncho over a white shirt, brown leather pants and suede boots that once were brown but now are too covered with dust and grime to sport any recognizable color. Juan is left handed and wears his weaponry accordingly with the gun on his left hip, whip at the right and daggers strapped in a bandolier over his chest.
Weapons Carried: A colt 45 (six shots), several throwing daggers, and a whip coiled at his side.

pendarious

oooooh! i'm in i havent seen one like this in the whole time ive been a member of this forum (which isn't long mind you.....maybe a few months)
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

elfguy

I'd be interested in playing a dominant female bank robber, dressed in full cowboy gear. It'd be fun to see the 'normal' girls be completely shocked at the sight, and men either falling in love with such a bold (for the time period) girl, or being outraged.
----

Kaizen

This is awesome!  Yesterday, I posted an old west thread in the non-adult forum - got a few bites.

I'll join this one too.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'd definately be interested in joining.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Carlissa

So does everyone have to be a bank robber?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Cal1496

pendarious- Ya I kinda wanna go for a real world feel, one you can think, that may of actually happened lol

elfguy-  Have you never seen 'The Quick and The Dead'?  That is Sharon Stone!  And unlike that movie, I do want this to be kinda realistic and while there woman out there who were of legend, Calamity Jane comes to mind, they were few and far between.  And I want this to be more about your average old west thugs just trying to get rich.  So while there might be room for a character like that later on, at the on set I don't want anything of that legendary or boundary breaking nature.  These are common guys who slightly better than most with a gun.  Maybe some aren't even that.  The RP will hopefully show them getting better and gaining more renown, where they might encounter uncommon characters like that.

Kaizen- The reason I'm putting in here is so that characters won't be limited in what they are able to do to one another.  I mean, these guys are bank robbers remember.  A few might even be murderers rather than men who kill only when they have too.  And those kinda men don't have problems taking advantage of women and such, so just playing safe.

PeacethatPowerbrings-  Keep around then!  I'll have something up soon as a profile once I get a few more things figured out.

Carlissa- No they don't.  But realize that those characters will be the main cast.  There will be room for others, but these guys are going to be moving around a lot.  Gotta get to the bank to rob it.  And rob trains as well I think.  So unless you got a character in the gang, or say closely attached, your character will get left behind when they skip town.  Not to say they can't be revisited but no way of telling how long that will be.  Some of these guys might have wives or even just girls closer to hookers who follow them around.  I think it would be cool to have a female in the group, not a gunslinger, but a gal who scouts the places out and that they use for various covers.  Maybe she's exclusive with one guy, or maybe not...That persons decision on their character.

elfguy

Will probably pass then.
----

RubySlippers

What about this - China Polly. (common name for a chinese girl in the US at the time)

She is versed in the martial arts (ladylike Wing-Chun) and is an expert with various light weapons that women martial artsist traditionally used Shurikin, Knives, Nunchaku and Butterfly Knives but shuns guns and rifles. She will wear a traditional skirt and western outfit ,not pants, and be a nice looking gal in the gang. She could easily stroll around and blend into Chinese folks that riddled the West and not looking armed properly would be underestimated.

None of this is outside the era with Chinese immigrants doing lots of common labor and running the businesses that are all over the West, and martial arts if the right form would be ladylike. And would be more backup not a gang member but might know medicine to some degree and be educatedpretty well from a good family she just went "Black Sheep" on them.

Cal1496

elfguy- Hey no worries.  I knew even when I first came up with the idea and how I wanted to make it that it wouldn't appeal to everyone.  Just good luck finding an old west ya do like.  Cause I mean, who doesn't like being in the old west, really? lol

RubySlippers-She seems great!  Exactly what the gang needs lol  Might wanna carry a small pocket pistol though, just in case.  I mean we all know what happens when you show up to a gun fight with a knife...I am now going to watch Indiana Jones movies for a few hours.

RubySlippers

Well I never said she was silly, a nice high calibure double shot derringer tucked in a thigh holster would work. But knives are more legal and can be just as dangerous it just it takes much more skill.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I have to admit, having someone like that in a gang would certainly give them a gimmick to exploit. After all, it would be a lot easier for her to catch a bank guard off-guard then it would be for the men.

Cal1496

Aye it would be nice to see her saunter up to a guard, all smiles and wiles, then press a knife or that derringer under his ribs and politely say, 'Don't move or I'll kill ya.'  I love her already.

And they're bank robbers!  They don't care about legal!  But point taken lol

RubySlippers

She is more likely going to stay behind the scenes and back them up if they get into trouble. I could see her come into the Sheriffs Office on some prretext likeing looking for a "missing brother" and then pull the knife on the sheriff from behind.  ;)

And she will have skills with firearms likely just not like to carry one.

Cal1496

The more I learn of her the more I fall in love ;D

Now does anyone else have that solid any idea for a character, or everyone just trying to flush out still what the RP's about?

pendarious

i'm starting to develope a character actually *grins*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

OldSchoolGamer

Depending on how the story "ecology" develops, I might bring in a black female character...former slave, left the South after the Civil War seeking to find opportunity out West.  Of course, she'll probably find the mentality isn't terribly far removed from that of the Old South, but...

Cal1496

pendarious - Well do tell lol

OldSchoolGamer-  Could probably fit her in as an even more stay at home version of Polly?  You know she always stays at the hide out and gets the meals, cleans clothes that kinda the thing.  You know...The exact same thing she did in the south except these guys say nigger a bit less.

Another thing people!  If racial slurs bug you, walk away now.  Cause you look anything other than Anglo American you'll get called something that is now considered racist lol

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Cal1496 on July 17, 2010, 10:07:26 PM
OldSchoolGamer-  Could probably fit her in as an even more stay at home version of Polly?  You know she always stays at the hide out and gets the meals, cleans clothes that kinda the thing.  You know...The exact same thing she did in the south except these guys say nigger a bit less.

Another thing people!  If racial slurs bug you, walk away now.  Cause you look anything other than Anglo American you'll get called something that is now considered racist lol

That sounds about right...and yes, I fully understand this will be more than a little politically incorrect.  Fine with me.  I'll take realism over PC any day in historical stories/dramas.

Carlissa

Well, I was thinking that my character was part of the gang, but she wasn't a robber. She could be a lookout person or someone who could talk her way into (or out of) any situation. She will be a seducive, persuasive young girl (Of course she won't be a GIRL... Young woman would be a better word) who is sort of childish but very loveable. She would be good for getting her peeps out of danger if they were caught, or could be a distraction or even a hostage...

Of course, she would be much more persuasive if she was PREGNANT... Not sure if that'll be a problem or not...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

PeacethatPowerbrings

I was thinking of doing all round marksman gunslinger. Sort of quiet, with a penchant for following orders to the letter. He'd be a pretty good shot, and carry a couple of revolvers, though he'd specialize in repeaters and rifles, and probably carry a scoped repeater.

Cal1496

Carlissa-Don't see how her being pregnant could be a problem...Except maybe for the question of who the hell is the father?! lol 

You know, if she's that kinda girl ;)  Sorry, young woman

And I think would should a cap on it for female characters then.  Three is quite a lot for a gang of which I only officially have three.  Cause I'm having two characters in the gang and probably smorgasbord of ones that'll pass through the plot.  Everyone else is welcome to do the same.

PeacethatPowerbrings
- That ain't a problem as far as character, but a scoped repeater is rather useless.  A repeaters range is that all a scope does is give you tunnel vision.  If you had something like a 1874 Sharp Rifle.  Doesn't have a scope but rather long sight which a marksman uses just like a modern scope.

Carlissa

Oh, well if anyone is WILLING to be the father, than I'm all ears... If no one wants to be, my girl could be captured and raped...

Although I do perfer having relationships with the main character, in this case the leader of the gang... ;D

pendarious

ok i have no problem with non polit correctness......that's cool with me....(i dispise political correctness.........its very restrictive) but the whole......pregnant thing IS NOT really my cup of tea but it's your character so do with her as you please i suppose. *shrugs*

i'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a name for this character but the characteristics are basically as fallows:
Name: James (last name was abandoned long ago)
Height: 5'ft
weight: 140 lbs
Physical discription: short but fairly built. some what broad shouldered. black hair with a mustache (think yosemity sam mustache) cold grey eyes, light skin for a cowboy, fairly dirty from being out and about all the time, wears a Red button down shirt with a long black duster coat, black cowboy's hat, brown leather pants, brown leather gloves, belt with a holster storing a six shooter (i'm not familiar with weapons pre 1860's), black snakeskin boots with brass spurs. a blue bandanna adorns his neck.

Personality: appears quite calm, calculating, manipulative if he can figure a way to manipulate a person. ruthless when he captures prisoners he tortures them even after they tell him what he does or does not want to hear he's only trusting of his companions and even that has it's limits

History: his parents were saloon owners in a small town in oklahoma. he was always around hookers, gamblers, ruffians, drunkards and the likes. as he grew up he fell into the swing of many of the customers. his gambling got him into major debt and he had to play the role of servant to one of the men he lost to. at that point he began to travel with his new "master" who as turns out knocked over trains and robbing banks. swiftly he learned the ins and outs of the business and eventually shot his "master" in the back. he was 19 at the time this happened. slowly he went about robbing banks and knocking over trains on his own. when he was 21 he was almost caught by the marshell troops in Montanna so he went into hiding and hasn't been seen publicly since.

all i need is a name.......i think......just tell me how is he?

RubySlippers

My character could try to knock your character up, not that she could, but would be fun trying.

Not she is open as to her sexuality what happens in private though stays in private.

Carlissa

You asians are crazy! ;D

PeacethatPowerbrings

My character could be the father. Just putting that out there.

I wasn't thinking of a true scope, but you're probably right, and at the range he'll firing, it makes more sense for him to use a rifle. I was thinking the Remington M1867. Anyway, I'll figure all that out soon.

Cal1496

Carlissa- Well leader of the gang is one of my guys and he could be the father not a problem or he could not.  It wouldn't really matter to him in that sense.  So maybe Powers character could be the real father, he having a former relationship with yours, then my guy steals her away(cause he's the leader and can do that lol) and is currently with her.  No one would really know who the father is but my guy wouldn't care and there is no way to find out if the relationship changed quickly.  Like night with Powers guy, the next with mine. then they have a mine talk months later when everyone finds out and my calmly goes while sitting back in a chair, "Well I'm with her...Guess that makes the bastard mine."  Oh the simple logic of a cowboy!  Love it!

pendarious-Sounds like the real bad seed of out group so far.  The guy my leader character will be screaming to stop wasting time and just kill the prick or leave him be.  As for a name I'm thinking James Murry.  More just James than the last name.  Can picture my leader character yelling "James!  Leave it the fuck be!  Let's go!"  ya sounds good.

RubySlippers- Hot

PeacethatPowerbrings- Who knew Norway could make a kick ass gun lol  Kidding, love Norway!

Carlissa

Weeeeell, I sort of perfer it if the baby's father is the one who gets into a romantic relationship with her (Doesn't matter when it happens), since I was planning for my character to be a faithful partner. But I'll do whatever is good for the story and whatever is good with you...

pendarious

ok thanks so now he's james *laughs* i like it. i get to be mr. jerkass sweet!

Cal1496

Carlissa-  Well as far as romance goes, he'd be romantic you to then extend that he cared for her deeply, but he himself wouldn't be faithful.  So hear what Power has to say about his character cause it could definitely be a way better offer and just go from that.

pendarious- Just don't have him beating the womenfolk of the gang and you really shouldn't have any major problems lol

pendarious

he don't believe in hurting people that arent threatening him, his comrades, or they arent in his way.

OldSchoolGamer

My character:

Name: Constance
Appearance: 5'11", darkly-complected black.  Traveled as part of a wagon train out of Georgia through Kansas City in 1872, shortly after the Civil War wound down the plantation her family had been slaves on.  Basically just wanting to see if the world is any different beyond the confines of the Old South.  Constance has a rudimentary education, courtesy of some Abolitionists who set up a school, and knows how to read and write--barely.  Her ultimate goal is California, where she has heard there is more opportunity.  But she has wound up here, barely making ends meet as a cook and seamstress...having to endure the advances of the local men, some of whom are Southerners themselves...

Expected adventures: Probably a sex object for the men...at least in the short run.  Longer-term, I picture she might end up part of a larger group.

Okay things to happen to her sexually: pretty much anything, except torture, mutilation, heavy bondage, or bathroom stuff.  Getting her pregnant would be okay.

Carlissa

It almost seems you don't WANT my character, Call! xD

Are we going to be doing any time-skips in this RP?

RedEve

Name: Consuela Leon
I'm thinking she's one of the gang members girl, though perhaps not of her own choosing. He could have simply bought her, or won her in a poker game. She'll have no discernible skill in terms of combat, at least not initially. Perhaps if the situation warrants it, someone could teach her how to wield a firearm.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Carlissa

Ehem... Red, I think Call already said that all the female spots were taken for the gang...

RedEve

Cal1496

Eh, one thing you'll find from me is that when comes to beautiful woman, my rules kinda go out the window.  And being that Consuela is less of rock'em sock'em character (at least initially) don't see why she couldn't be part of the gang.

And it's not that he doesn't want her, it just he doesn't want only her...He's a bank robber!

PeacethatPowerbrings

My character would probably be able to be faithful much more easily, just because of his personality. He's a hard man with a skill that happens to land him in a gang of bank robbers. He's not really as much of a scoundrel at all, but he is a very dangerous guy nonetheless.

Kaizen

I'm planning on submitting an Indian character, possibly Sioux or Apache.  I'll have something up Monday.

Cal1496

Power- A bank robber with a heart, awe lol  Nah, we need at one of those.

Kaizen- Be sure that he has a history with another character, a close personal bond.  Because my main character, the leader would have been part of more than one Indian War.  His job immediately after the Civil War being a gun for hire in those situations.  And I imagine that some other character aren't thrilled(at first) to the idea of having an Indian in their group.

At the same time, my second character could be that old friend.  He's younger than the leader and bit less caring of what people look like lol

I'll actually get there profiles up soon and put all the ones sent in on the first post

Kaizen

Quote from: Cal1496 on July 18, 2010, 12:21:38 PM
Power

Kaizen- Be sure that he has a history with another character, a close personal bond.  Because my main character, the leader would have been part of more than one Indian War.  His job immediately after the Civil War being a gun for hire in those situations.  And I imagine that some other character aren't thrilled(at first) to the idea of having an Indian in their group.

At the same time, my second character could be that old friend.  He's younger than the leader and bit less caring of what people look like lol

I'll actually get there profiles up soon and put all the ones sent in on the first post

I was thinking that my character was an Indian scout during and after the war for the Union Army (could easily be Confederate as well).  Perhaps our characters could have served in the same unit? 

Cal1496

Kaizen- Hmm being that the war ended ten years ago, and my guy was thirteen not impossible (sad how young some were who fought) but not likely either.  So how about something as simple as when guy was eighteen (five years)both happened to be in bar when a big fight broke out?  Gun play got involved and just through luck or destiny they ended up gunning down some guys and looking at each other across this bar with dead and wounded and figuring, 'I like the way he fights...Wonder if he'll pair up."  Simple lol

Edit:  Profile Code is on first post as are my profiles, very simple profile won't take long.  Don't make pictures too big if you are using them.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Adam Rexson
Height: 6'4
Weight: 210 lbs.
Physical Description: Lean, muscular, brown hair. Has a long scar across the front of his neck.

Weapons Carried: Bowie knife. 2 Colt 1873 Single Action Army revolvers, both carried on gunbelts, side by side on his right hip. A Remington M1867 rifle.

Cal1496

Tall S.O.B lol  Thought Don might be the tallest but hell no!

RedEve

So in terms of my character, anyone she could be "tied" to?

PeacethatPowerbrings

He can be the guy whose chest they run into when they turn to run from Don.

Cal1496

RedEve-Totally putting Don in the vote for that one.  Picked her up in Mexico a few years back and kept around her around because she's beautiful and doesn't bug him( to much for being with other woman) lol

Power- That would be pretty good.  I think so far he's the one closest in age to Don.  Just from the way others described their characters.

Carlissa

Do the dresses woman wear in the 1800's have a certain name, or are they just called day dresses?

Cal1496

When in doubt Wikipedia lol

Shit wrong era...Just follow it later on lol

PeacethatPowerbrings

Carlissa

I already looked there. Unless I read over it, the article only said that they were dresses...

Cal1496

Eh go with that then, I mean just describe it enough that our imaginations take over and that'll be fine lol

RedEve

Quote from: Cal1496 on July 18, 2010, 01:43:16 PM
RedEve-Totally putting Don in the vote for that one.  Picked her up in Mexico a few years back and kept around her around because she's beautiful and doesn't bug him( to much for being with other woman) lol

So is it love or does he see her as nothing more than his "property"?

Cal1496

Well it ain't love, but it isn't she is property either.  It may seem like that people but he would care for her, wanting her to be contented if not happy.

Haibane

Beware of using clothing that is too smart and fashionable. This is the pioneer frontier so women's clothing would be very plain and workmanlike. Dresses would be ankle length with maybe bonnets and dull cottons and woollens in browns, greys, blues and perhaps some brighter checks or ginghams. Also being out west beyond the fashionable fringe back in D.C., New York or Philly, it would be quite possible that Civil War Era clothing styles still prevailed for the ladies.

Here are some sites:

http://www.calicoannie.net/oldwestandpioneerclothing.htm

http://sallycdesigns.com/VictorianMainPage.html

http://www.ushist.com/19th-century_wardrobe_f.shtml

http://www.wix.com/Oldenjel/ARK-Historic-Clothing

You could also try Google image searching for terms like 'saloon gals' or 'pioneer women' or 'wild west women' that sort of thing. Or you could try Googling for images under Western film titles.

If you wanted a bit part or a short walk on female part, Cal I might do you a saloon girl or a homesteaders wife or something. Maybe Mrs Townsfolk #2 perhaps who just happens to be passing by the bank at the wrong time...

Kaizen

Here's my first draft character.  If anything doesn't jive- let me know and I'll edit. 

Name: Coyote George
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175
Physical Description: Coyote George has geometric tattoos decorating his arms, upper chest, and face that are characteristic of the Comanche.  He wears a tophat, bowtie, vest, jacket, and slacks (all black) taken from a recently deceased businessman's wardrobe but no shirt.  His feet are covered by buckskin moccasins and his hair is braided to a ponytail that reaches halfway down his back.
Weapons Carried: Tomahawk, knife, .44-40 rifle and pistol on a gunbelt.

Haibane

Source of lots of great period photos - good for characters, buildings, vehicles, locations...

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/award97/codhtml/hawpsubjindex1.html

Cal1496

Kaizen- Seems more than fine, so much so already got him on the first post.

Haibane- Well don't you just come out of left field guns blazing? lol  And ya I'm sure we can up with a minor role for ya if that's all you're looking to have.

Carlissa

Would dress V-3050 in the second link of Haibane's post be a good dress to use? I would post a picture, but I'm deprived of a computer at the moment...

pendarious

*laughing* am i the only truly ruthless criminal here?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Not as long as you distinguish being ruthless from being a scoundrel, or insane.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: pendarious on July 18, 2010, 06:00:03 PM
*laughing* am i the only truly ruthless criminal here?

So it would appear.

We could start with a scene where he encounters my character at a well as she gets water.

pendarious

well actually i don't think ruthless is the best word for it.....more like somewhat sadistic.......at times.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Yeah, in that you'd be alone. Heh.

Haibane

Quote from: Carlissa on July 18, 2010, 05:47:40 PM
Would dress V-3050 in the second link of Haibane's post be a good dress to use? I would post a picture, but I'm deprived of a computer at the moment...
http://sallycdesigns.com/V-3050.html

It's rather gorgeous isn't it? Such a pretty colour. Its a ball gown so maybe a girl might wear that on Sundays or maybe in the saloon if it was a high class place. I can't help thinking that its a tiny bit fancy for the wild frontier unless maybe she was given it as a gift by a doting rich suitor.

For horseback riding with the gang I think you need something a bit less showy though, mores the pity.

This one seems to be an 1873-1874 day dress. Still quite pretty and flouncy but a bit more practical.

Carlissa

The dress is nice, but I was thinking of something sleeveless and exposing her cleavage... Are there any day dresses with those things?

Haibane

Not on an 1870s day dress I don't think, no. Not unless you were a whore... LOL.

Everything is covered except the face and the hands. The ball gown you like is really for evening wear - as I said you could wear it in a saloon possibly but not out riding. There is of course the possibility that your girl was wearing it to a smart social event and for some reason you can cook up she had to leave suddenly - maybe a kidnap? I can't think of much else though.

Our nice Mr Cal may wish to tweak history a little though and allow something raunchier.

Carlissa

She could dress like a whore... What do the clothes look like?

Haibane

Obviously a modern take on a Western saloon gal's outfit which isn't meant to be too serious, particularly the boots and hat but, you get the idea.

I do remember seeing some western once where a whorehouse was featured and the girls all ran about in knee length bloomers and white cotton chemise tops with corsets over them. That sort of thing.

Decent women are all covered up:

http://michaelmay.us/08blog/0808f_comanchemoon.jpg

I think we need the GM to give some guidelines on how accurate he'd like clothing to be.

Cal1496

And thus I step in!  Thanks for the great set up Haibane  ;)

As for how historically accurate the clothing is, not that big of deal.  Because not only do you have the issues of this is a frontier, bit behind except for a few just outa east, and not accounting for individual taste, it comes down to that this is a role play.  And while yes realism is going to be a big part of this, I mean that for more social, racial, attitude and gun fights.  Clothing while a big part of the setting, is something most of us give our unique spin of imagination too anyway.  So while I might describe Don in a very painfully specific way, down to his button size, you're going to imagine him pretty much how you want.  So don't fret about the clothing all that much.  Just make period-esc and we'll call it a success.  You want to make a bit more sexual than the actual thing might of been, go ahead.  Just do be surprised when she gets sexual attention.  The leash Don has on these boys in a long and very rarely pulled tight.

Oh and boys, Don's the bad guy of the group...Trust me 8-)

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Cal1496 on July 18, 2010, 07:24:36 PM
And thus I step in!  Thanks for the great set up Haibane  ;)

As for how historically accurate the clothing is, not that big of deal.  Because not only do you have the issues of this is a frontier, bit behind except for a few just outa east, and not accounting for individual taste, it comes down to that this is a role play.  And while yes realism is going to be a big part of this, I mean that for more social, racial, attitude and gun fights.  Clothing while a big part of the setting, is something most of us give our unique spin of imagination too anyway.  So while I might describe Don in a very painfully specific way, down to his button size, you're going to imagine him pretty much how you want.  So don't fret about the clothing all that much.  Just make period-esc and we'll call it a success.  You want to make a bit more sexual than the actual thing might of been, go ahead.  Just do be surprised when she gets sexual attention.  The leash Don has on these boys in a long and very rarely pulled tight.

Oh and boys, Don's the bad guy of the group...Trust me 8-)

Sounds good.  Besides, I have a gut feeling my character will often be deprived of clothes, so...

Haibane

Wise decision Cal.

Well I'll just sit back and watch. When you need random lady #1 just give me a shout.

Or should that be 'holler'? ;)

pendarious

K well here we go my character in the code bracket thing *shrugs*k

Name:[James]
Height:[5 ft]
Weight:[140 lbs]
Physical Description:[short but fairly built. some what broad shouldered. black hair with a mustache (think yosemity sam mustache) cold grey eyes, light skin for a cowboy, fairly dirty from being out and about all the time, wears a Red button down shirt with a long black duster coat, black cowboy's hat, brown leather pants, brown leather gloves, belt with a holster storing a six shooter (i'm not familiar with weapons pre 1860's), black snakeskin boots with brass spurs. a blue bandanna adorns his neck.
] Weapons Carried:[an old six shooter]

Cal1496

Well, got enough profiles to get us going so I'll get the actual role play thread up tonight or tomorrow!

Carlissa

I'm still confused on my character's outfit! *Cries*

I was going to have her wear all these ball room and evening dresses because of her character and because of all the money she has (Or at least the money her friends have), but Haibane said that would be unrealistic... She has a point, but now I'm clueless on what to do!

Maybe she should just go naked... xD Or where Indian attire... Or maybe something asian...

Is there anything else she could wear besides day dresses and workman-like clothing?

Imogen

Hey guys, is there still room in this for a Charles Bronson-esque throwing knife specialist? Mexican, male, silent type but damn good with his knives and guns. Ruthless killer and expert poker player.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Carlissa

Yeah, we have enough space for males, I'm sure Call wouldn't mind! ^^

Imogen

Name: Juan Cardozo
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170
Physical Description: A sombrero covers his smooth, blue-black hair. His face is square with a strong jaw and thin lips. He is clean shaven when he's time for those niceties and sports a full black beard otherwise. He wears a worn, colorful poncho over a white shirt, brown leather pants and suede boots that once were brown but now are too covered with dust and grime to sport any recognizable color. Juan is left handed and wears his weaponry accordingly with the gun on his left hip, whip at the right and daggers strapped in a bandolier over his chest.
Weapons Carried: a colt 45 (six shots), several throwing daggers, and a whip coiled at his side.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Cal1496

Just don't have him using the knives in ridiculous situations where one would obviously use a gun.  Other than that welcome!

Carlissa

Haw.

Do all characters have to have an offensive skill in their arsenal? If so, can my character have nail polish made of snake venom?

It's possible! They had it in Holes...

Cal1496

No they don't have too, it's just it's a rough world so it's a good idea to have a weapon even if you can't shoot a coin outa the air.  And you can have it but it wouldn't work like it does in the movie.  Once it dries it's useless as weapon lol  But the people she tells that too don't need to know that.

OldSchoolGamer

Well, my character probably won't have a weapon.  Maybe a knife.  She's probably pretty handy with a rolling pin.  She probably knows how to shoot a gun, though not particularly effectively.  Being a black woman in a society one short step above slavery days, she has to use other means to get what she wants...or just suffer the consequences of not getting it.

Imogen

Quote from: Cal1496 on July 21, 2010, 09:21:53 PM
Just don't have him using the knives in ridiculous situations where one would obviously use a gun.  Other than that welcome!

knives are for silent kills ;-) no worries. Thanks for the welcome !
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Cal1496

Well just a heads up, won't be using those in first round of posting lol  Starting off with a bang really won't do this thing justice... ;D

Here is the link to the OOC Character and RP Thread Itself

The Old West...

The Old West...OOC

All Chatter is to be Taken to OOC