Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

*chuckles* I'll not embolden this one now I have your attention.

I understand that, but if I picked a student, would they be expected to start in year 1? Depending on how quick the school year passes that might not be a problem, but if you don't open up second characters until after the first year in game passes, I'd have to consider changing which I'd play first to fit some plots.

Kendra

I must head off for work so just to give you all a heads up ...

The sorting quiz has been posted to the first page ;)  sorting quiz link
have fun  ;)

@ Eden - no we're hoping that by the time the school does open its doors in 2012 that we'll have been able to touch quite a few shoulders and give you guys the heads up on who can play a second character. They wouldn't have to start at first year at all but could definitely come in at any year up to the year we've capped ;)

Nadir

Wonderful, thank you very much ^_^

CurvyKitten

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 04, 2012, 12:38:32 AM
I have an idea that for my two different characters, but I'll just submit the second when I figure her out more and let the GM's stick her where they think she will fit.

Though my main concept has a older brother in a higher grade then she is at the school as well.((if someone wants a little sister let me know)) Is that ok? Wanted to know before I work it all out in my head.

Also am I missing the link for character bios? I may just be pulling a dah moment here. And are blood traitor's allowed? I have two concepts i will be sending you both when a sheet is worked up to see which you both like better for the game.

The pics inspiring my current character idea's.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Nadir

Quote from: Aiden on January 03, 2012, 01:02:23 PM
We will be adding a character sheet within a day or so, want people to read the information and take it in before jumping in.

Keep  up with all our gibber-jabber, Curvy! ;)

CurvyKitten

That's hard when it flies but so fast, I just saw that myself after working through some of the pages. I read all of the wiki first and then started here again. I'm also reading up on the site linked with the wiki. So much info!...lolz. I'm glad I at least ready some of the books.

Thank you though Hun.

Nadir

Teasing, darling. It's easy to miss things when everyones bouncing excitedly. *grins*

TheHangedOne

I'll be playing a first year, too. Probably a stoic character this time around, completely unlike Fatuus. Serious, aloof, quiet, and so on. Someone that keeps their cards close to their chest.

And a cat lover.  :-) His cat shall be named Mori (as in Memento Mori).
picture of Mori
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LunarSage

I always got the impression that Hogwarts and the homes of Wizard families was in another world/dimension from the normal muggle world.  Otherwise wouldn't humanity have discovered things like trolls and centaurs by now?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Reia

Oh wow - what busy-ness and excitement in this thread! *bounces gleefully* I've decided that my character is going to be a girl and a firstie. Woot!

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 03, 2012, 09:56:15 PM
I think I'm going to be a first year too and happy to coordinate some background at the ministry school with folks.

Would love to do so, if you're still amenable?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

TheHangedOne

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2012, 06:44:02 AM
I always got the impression that Hogwarts and the homes of Wizard families was in another world/dimension from the normal muggle world.  Otherwise wouldn't humanity have discovered things like trolls and centaurs by now?
I beleive they have created specific spells that prevent Muggles from seeing magical items and creatures.
Check out my poet tree!

Jag

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 04, 2012, 06:48:34 AM
I beleive they have created specific spells that prevent Muggles from seeing magical items and creatures.

This.

They do have spells that make Muggles 'forget' things like that. For the Quidditch World Cup, I believe, they had a spell that whenever a Muggle got to close to the game grounds, they would simply remember that they had something very important to do somewhere else. So I don't think it would be that hard to believe that they have ways of hiding magical items and creatures from Muggle sight.

Also...you people talk a lot! Three pages since I went to bed! Three!

*goes off to look at the newly posted stuffs*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 04, 2012, 07:53:44 AM
Also...you people talk a lot! Three pages since I went to bed! Three!
You're lucky. I had four pages to read through!  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

Flower

Seems like it's going to be a big group. Sort of...scary lol, but I'm sure it will work out.  :-)

Jag

To be honest, I mostly skimmed through it. :P

Oh, as for plotting with other people, I don't mind doing it, but my character is rather introverted and likely won't have anything more than a few minor acquaintances. She's not the shy kind that simply wants to secretly make friends or anything like that, she's really just not that interested in anything more than her studies (not that she's very good at her classes). No pet either. I really don't see her being on a first name basis with anyone. Though due to her fascination with numbers, she's likely got a number chart for everyone in her grade level (at least for their names). >.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Amelita

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2012, 09:13:43 PM
I actually agree with you about a toad, I can see it perched on your characters shoulder.  I'll probably be going with an owl, since Niall isn't a cat person....>.> 

I do!  But I'm not gonna ruin the suspense and list the reasons why I like your character :p

Mines gonna be a firstie, but he doesn't make a good friend, unfortunately, lol.

If I bring my Kristina... I most definitely wanna plot connection with Niall ::)

Heh I have her so ready to go into a character sheet. Her cat too, for that matter  XD

evil looking creature, isn't he?  ;D

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Amelia on January 04, 2012, 09:21:54 AM
If I bring my Kristina... I most definitely wanna plot connection with Niall ::)

Heh I have her so ready to go into a character sheet. Her cat too, for that matter  XD

evil looking creature, isn't he?  ;D

Mhm, we can work out plot things!  I'll send you a PM!  Also...love the cat!

*Goes to take the quiz*
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Swashbuckler

Did I miss a reply?  Is there a character sheet link?

Amelita

No sheet up yet, Swashbuckler.

And Yay! Dis <3

Also for others who might wanna plot. I'll either bring a 1st/2nd year girl or her brother. (If the game needs more guys I'll bring Dominik, if not then I bring Kristina.) Both are easy to make friends with and all for Quidditch! (He'll be going for a beater position, she for a chaser, in whatever house they end up in.)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Swashbuckler

Thanks Amelia!

And I too will be bringing in a first year, a male, Tommy Undergallows.   

Bonus points if anyone knows where I blatantly stole that name from.   *laugh*

Caela

-pouts- I want to take the test but no way am I trying that on my phone! Lol will have to wait til I'm home from work.

My Jordan (female) will be a Hogwarts senior. [B ]Kendra or Aiden, if the first years are the first graduates from the ministry school, what sort of schooling should those of us with slightly older students be looking at?[/b]

LunarSage

Alright, does every wizard or witch have to have a familiar?  Can a familiar be any animal?  I was thinking a big raven might be pretty cool whether I made Ravenclaw or not.  I just only remember people having rats, owls, toads and cats in the movies.  Then again, I've never read any of the books so I may have missed something.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Aiden

Mori looks pretty bad ass, just saying.

First round of students have been sorted. A character Sheet will be up soonish.

Caela- Depending on your year you will have grade equivalent lessons in the available subjects. Since you mentioned she would want to be an Auror she would meet with her HoH at the start of her Freshmen year (university) and plan her future career.

As an future Auror she would be sent to

Potions, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, and Charms.

We might not have to many older year students so some classes might be shared but she will have a harder workload then the first years.

Dragon lore is a extracurricular early on but for those who wish to work with dragons as a career path can "Major" in it later in their University years.

Lunar- The only allowed familiars/pets are Owls (They deliver messages, nifty pets) Cats and Toads.

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Swashbuckler on January 04, 2012, 10:15:16 AM

And I too will be bringing in a first year, a male, Tommy Undergallows.   

Bonus points if anyone knows where I blatantly stole that name from.   *laugh*

Neverwinter Nights?

Haloriel

Astraea M. Llewellyn will be a fourth year.  Below is Rigel, her cat.