Caravanserai [Events]

Started by Flower, July 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 6 | 6:00 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask. Hey it's as gothic as she gets!
Tagging: Joseph, JJ (mentioned), OPEN!

Becky gave JJ a wink, well once again she tried through her mask and once again ended up with more of a blink than anything else, she really had to learn how to wink. Or stop trying. The bartender was a charming man and she was glad he was around. Hopefully she'd catch him off work, or when the bar was emptier, some other time. But she knew he'd have a lot to do so she just gave him a little wave as he went back to work and a bright smile to say thank you again.

"Well." She said turning to Jospeh as the fairly plain talking man joined her. "I'm guessing you're from someplace small too?" She shrugged at him, "People don't talk so plain in the big cities." She didn't say plain as an insult, far from it. "But now that you know your secret, what's a girl gotta do to learn it?" She asked, giving her drink a little swirl in her hand as she gave him a smile, hoping he might prove a little more interesting now.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 6:10 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus This mask
Tagging: Becky, JJ(mentioned), Open

His drink would finally arrive, and Joseph would give a small nod to the bartender. Taking a sip, he found his spirits tempering, and suddenly the odd familiarity of this place finally seemed to stop being so unsettling. He would turn his attentions back to Becky, trying to find his words once more. As he had guessed, she was a small town girl at heart. That knowledge would serve to be of benefit to him.

"Born in a little place called Franklin, Kentucky. Right near the Tennessee border. Spent the last fifteen years residing in Nashville. And you're right. Cities like Nashville and Atlanta...people tend to spin a world around their words. I'm more of the "speak softly and carry a big stick" type. As for secrets...normally I'd say that being in the company of a girl like you would be more than enough to make me wax autobiographical. But...we're in a game of secrets, and I'm playing to win." Joseph Edwards, with his voice like black satin, was definitely playing his cards. Whether he was playing them right...that was for Becky to decide.

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Joseph, Breezy (mentioned), Khalil (mentioned) OPEN!

"Suit yourself." Becky said with a smile. She put her drink down on the bar and placed her hands on it so she could slide up onto one of the low-backed stools, reaching under it she hung her purse on the easy to locate hook and crossed her legs, giving the stool a little push so that it swirled around so she could sit at the bar while facing the room as a whole. It wasn't exactly a graceful maneuver, but it wasn't exactly hard on the eyes either.

"So," she said, changing the topic, "Who's your pick to win the costume contest?" She motioned subtly to Breezy and Khalil as they took their turns at the secret table, "I told those two they'd win for sure if it was a couples deal. That dress is just gorgeous on her don't you think?" She asked, taking in the woman again. "And his suit is just so snazzy the stripes look great on him." She smiled at Joseph to see what he thought.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Becky, Breezy(mentioned), Open

Joseph would grab the stool next to Becky's and take a seat. Once he had, he turned himself around in order to scan the room. Looking at the two that Becky had pointed out, Joseph took a moment to examine them before weighing in on what he thought. "Between you and her, I have to say that you are definitely wearing the better dress. Don't get me wrong, a black dress is a classic statement. And it's a classic statement for a reason. But...all black in a setting where the décor is black...I think that's points off. In comparison, we have you. In a black room, wearing a bold blue dress. Black and blue together usually connotes bruising, and most people would never pair them outside of that. But...I think it works well for you. You've somehow complemented and clashed against the environment at the same time." Joseph took another sip of his drink, using the opportunity to pace his words.

"As for the gentlemen in the room...the pinstriping is yet another classic statement...but I think that it'll come down to the masks for us. After all, there are only so many variations of the three piece suit. Of course...that's a positive, for the most part. It allows for ornamentation. But...in a contest of the best dressed, you can't just pick a winner by the suit. But, the gentleman you've pointed to seems as if he's got the best chance." Joseph finished speaking, letting his words carry their weight.

Giantmutantcrab

Name: Khalil Ag El Mokhtar
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask.
Tagging: Brielle Garin, OPEN

When the greeter had offered him his note describing his secret to keep, Khalil looked at it with a mixture of surprise and amusement. He wasn’t sure how he was going to play this out to both keep it a secret and actually give people a chance to GUESS that secret… But he’d figure something out. Or not. He used to take these things seriously. To win, to succeed… To be number one. But now… Now he was just happy to be alive.

Lady Midnight walked over, curious little red-headed beauty wanting to spy in on his reading. Khalil actually flipped the paper over to show her what was written on it. But he was moving it in a diagonal way, from bottom-right to top left, and at a speed that was just enough that someone could see that there were words, but not quite make up what was written on it. And as he did that, he also approached his head so that when he finally folded the piece of paper back up and tucked it into his palm, their masks were nose to nose. ”It can’t be *that* easy.” He grinned at her. ”But depending on what secrets you want to learn… Who knows? The night is still young.” He gave her a bit of space now, but tapped his chin for a moment.

”Vanilla… Or coconut?” He seemed to be guessing at her perfume. ”Regardless… It suits you.” She maneuvered deftly, reaching out across him to put her glass down besides him, on the small counter. Another whiff, and she offered for them to… ”Already you want to drag me into a dark corner, just the two of us? But I don’t even know your name yet…” Khalil teased. ”You’re bold. I like that.” He admitted, pushing himself off of the wall with his shoulders, allowing for her to go in. ”Ladies first.”

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Date | Time: June 6th, 6 p.m.
Wearing: little black dress with heels, a black mask, and this necklace
Tagging: Khalil

As forward as Breezy was being, Khalil matched it with a calm and natural swagger that made her heart flutter. That certainly wasn't helped when he almost showed her his secret and then touched their masks together. She took a small intake of breath away how much he affected her with a big grin or giggle.

Perfume? Was she wearing perfume? She would certainly take the credit, but it was possibly the decadent after-sun lotion that she had rubbed onto her skin after her dip in the pool. "Coconut..." She confirmed to him and ran the tips of her fingers across her forearm to pull more of that sweet scent off her skin. "And actually... I have a plan for both our names and our secrets." Breezy sent a little wink his way before heading towards the small photo booth.

The book looked like any other you might find at a mall, but it had an old-timey, gothic feel to it and promised black and white photos with that dramatic faded look to them. She pulls aside the curtain and stepped in but didn't sit down just yet. It was a comfortable fit for two, but Breezy wanted to continue that bold streak that had risen to the surface in her. When he finally sat, she would angle herself so that she was positioned with her rear and upper thighs across his lap so the camera lens could still see them both. "Comfy? Thank you for helping me keep my dress clean." One of her hands to settle on his shoulder, sneaking behind to run her fingers along the nape of his neck.

"So... my plan." She sat up a little as a picture of them was taken together. Flash! Then the machine gave them a moment to shift. "What if we share our names one letter at a time. And each letter costs a tiny clue as to each other's special secret?" She grinned big before leaning close to kiss his cheek as another picture was taken.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Levi

Name Lalita Cheeks
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Wearing fortune teller dress and mask
Location Fortune tellers booth
Tagging open

In a secluded part of the ball room a small tent had been erected, a board declared that fortunes and palm readings were within. A cleverly hidden ice maker pumped in a small amount of fog and within the tent a figure sat ensrouded in semi darkness hooded and masked the woman peered out of at party.

Care to have your fortune told?

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Giantmutantcrab

Name: Khalil Ag El Mokhtar
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask.
Tagging: Brielle Garin, OPEN

So Lady Midnight had slid upon his lap for the pictures, making herself quite comfortable indeed. She and her perky backside slipped upon his body with ease, and the first picture was almost reminiscent of times past, with two masked, almost expressionless individuals, facing the camera. It was a lovely picture, with the magnificent locks of red hair stealing the show and giving the picture a vivid splash of color.

Then she decided to get a little bit frisky, moving herself slightly and brushing his hair with her fingertips. She had a plan and shared it with him. A game within a game. The moment she had finished with her plan, she approached and kissed his cheek for the second picture. Khalil had timed the waiting period in between flashes now. He turned and brought his hand to her beautifully sculpted chin, tilting it downward ever so slightly so that they were eye to eye, and mask-nose to mask-nose. There was a sudden impact of seriousness in his eyes now, as if things had taken a sudden, bolder turn.

He spoke slowly, deliberately. ”Let this be an act of generosity, then. Both my name and this secret begin with the same letter.” And as he finished speaking, there was a quiet moment, where their eyes were locked together… and Flash! The third picture was taken. And a small, knowing smirk appeared back on his face and he gently let his fingertips brush alongside her chin and jawline. ”Now then, Lady Midnight… You have but a few short seconds to decide how this moment will be immortalized for a fourth time. Whatever shall you choose...?” The tone of his voice was that of curiosity, of interest… Or was that a challenge? Or maybe she was hearing whatever she very well pleased to hear, at this point. Maybe it was the cocktail speaking to her in his voice. Or maybe the dim lighting, their *very* close proximity, the way his hand was upon her bared knee… Wait, when did THAT happen? The closeness of their faces, her fingertips in his hair, their bodies so damn close...

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Joseph, OPEN!

Becky almost laughed. "No way, her dress is way better." She said, thinking not for the first time that she should find out more than a few secrets about the woman if she could. Although she knew what Joseph really meant, she knew it wasn't her dress . She at least agreed with him on Khalil.

"Well." She said, realizing the gentleman wasn't providing many topics of his own. "You uh, come here often?" She tried.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Becky, Open

Joseph spent a moment looking for words. Being the silent type wasn't always very conducive to meaningful conversation.
"Honestly...the whole thing is a new adventure for me...before two weeks ago, I had barely been beyond 300 miles of home." There was still something of an odd familiarity to this room, but he didn't exactly want to admit that. "I have to admit, I swear I've seen you before." That was true, he had seen her face before. But he wasn't quite able to place where.

"Are you by chance part of the industry? Like a rapper's girlfriend or an up and coming R&B artist?" Of course, for all he knew she was. After all, she did have that certain feature that a man like Sir Mix-A-Lot wrote an anthem about...but, having been part of the music industry as long as he had, that wasn't quite right...but, he was trying to keep decorum alive, and too many questions could be seen as off-putting.

RedPhoenix

"Sounds like me until...." she trailed off as he asked his question. Her face twitched.

She instantly took another gulp of her drink, which seemed to calm her as she took a deep breath.

"Well that would be a lazy stereotype to make of my life." She said with indignation that she hoped would be clear was just pretend, or at least it would be when she finished her sentence, "Rapper's Girlfriend? No way!" She paused for effect then rolled her eyes at herself at set her glass down again. "I'm an athlete's ex-wife." She laughed and spoke with her hands indicating something very big, "Huge difference!" She tried to laugh. She did. But had just made herself disappointed in herself again.

She then sighed melodramatically, blowing air out of her cheeks until her lips flapped together in a pffffffft. "Yeah so anyway they showed me on the sidelines sometimes I guess, I got cameras and microphones shoved in my face a bunch." She shook her head. "It was awful." At least that she was completely sincere about.

Dragongoddess

Name: Alexandrena Kensington
Date | Time: June 6th || 6:15pm
Wearing: Starry Night dress,diamond necklace, diamond earrings, diamond bracelet, formal updo, and masquerade mask
Tagging: Open

Ren wasn't surprised she was late.  She'd snuck away from her bodyguard, a task that was not easy before going to the shop.  She'd spent nearly a quarter of an hour picking out what she thought would look good on her only for the shop keeper to point out the outfit she wore instead.  It wasn't anything like what she had originally seen herself in but when she'd put it on, she felt more beautiful than ever.  It was a black dress with a sweetheart neckline bedazzled to look as elegant yet mystifying as the night sky, filled with stars.  Then he pointed out a mask that seemed to be made for the dress and her heart skipped a beat.  Now, with the decor of the room, she felt like she was in a dream.

Sure, she was here alone.  Sure, it seemed everyone had coupled up before she really got to meet anyone.  Still, it was amazing just to be here and Ren believed she would find something to do.  Gliding into the room, she found herself not trying to entice anyone.  With the mask on, keeping who she really was secret, she simply watched, finding a seat at one of the nearby tables.  Couples danced around her and talked in separate areas of the room and she just watched.  People were interesting if you really took the time to pay attention.  The way they moved ever so slightly in an attempt to flirt with someone or subconsciously adjusted something as small as their posture to fit in with whoever they were spending time with.  Chances like this, where she was alone, she was content to people watch but she still couldn't help wanting someone to talk to or even something to do.

As her eyes flitted about the room, she checked out the snack and drinks bar.  She knew she'd get a drink later but not quite yet.  There was a check-in booth where newcomers were receiving secrets but she'd already stopped there.  She already received a secret.  Then there were the voting booths for costume competitions but she wasn't ready for that.  Not yet.  Lastly, her eyes landed on a fortune telling booth.  The heiress was almost interested.  She would have walked over but it made her nervous.  What if she was told something she didn't want to hear?  She wasn't about to take that chance so she settled into her seat.

LocusVonErich

Tagging: Becky, Alexandrena(mentioned), Open

An athlete's ex-wife...maybe he had seen her face on ESPN when playing at a sports bar...or one of those celebrity magazines in a Wal-Mart checkout aisle...that must be it. That's the only real explanation as to why this all seemed so familiar. "Sorry. When you're playing on everyone else's records for a decade and a half, you tend to see a lot of faces." An awkward chuckle escaped him, now he was the nervous, stumbling mess.

A new person was walking in now. "What do you think?" Joseph asked as he pointed the new woman out. Maybe the change in topic would keep things from growing more awkward. "Yet another black dress..." He said, his voice trailing off as he began to scan the room with more attention to detail. "I know, I'm dressed in all black too...but I've had this suit for twelve years. It's the one I wear every time I need a suit. Even though I've more money than one man could reasonably spend in a lifetime, I can't see myself spending obsessively...I'm so used to an apartment with a Murphy Bed, going without a meal for two and three days at a time, living like I was a pauper...having enough money to buy anything I could ever want is...weird." Yet another pause.

"...But, enough about me...." Now it was his turn to awkwardly giggle. "You come here often?" A reference to what Becky had said to him earlier.

Gannameade

Name: Chris (Deandre) Nelson
Date | Time: June 6th || 6:30pm
Wearing: Mask,Gold Suit
Tagging: Open

He followed her, she couldn’t get away.  They were out in the middle of nowhere, anyone that wanted to harm her and killed her simply had to be here already and know where they were.  She was pretty safe.

Even when she called herself sneaking out, he found himself looking at her from a distance.  It was then that he left her, seeing she found what she was looking for.  He, on the other hand, went to find something to wear to the ball.  It didn’t take him much time as all he needed was the mask as he had a suit already, several actually as he was rather good with his dress and outfits, given the places that he had been stationed.  He had unfolded the outfit and steamed it with him in the shower.  He wasn’t going to go before her, so he waited till she left. 

She wouldn’t recognize him in the full mask, that and the gloves on his hands.  She would probably be flirting with someone there, he would do the same.  He could be out and about and still keep an eye on her.  She could have her night of freedom which she seemed to try to get with him not being around anyway.  He moved down the steps, he movements were well placed as he walked like a jungle cat.  He was totally aware of his path and her purpose.  He was as his mask claimed him to be, he was a knight.  He was looking for his princess whomever that might be.

Endogenesis

Name: Laila Røed.
Date | Time: June 6th, early evening.
Wearing: Wearing a demure coctail dress and a mask in a similar shade. https://www.partysuperstores.co.uk/img/VA010-como-mask-blue-silver-glitter.jpg
Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Ball | Passed through entryway, heading to fortune telling booth.
Tagging: Bartender| Open

After having thanked the bellboy for his advice regarding where to pick up a mask, Laila takes time to take a lengthy shower.  Thrifty as per usual she had packed along her own shampoo and bodywash in travel size and sensible containers.  Upon entering the fully stocked and luxurious bathroom she took time to smell the various luxurious (to her) items that was stocked. Closing her eyes as she found a shampoo that smelled like lilacs she smiled to herself.  Wonder if I could take one of these home? Giving it thought she finally placed her travelsized items to the side and picked up a rose scented bodywash that looked as if it was artisan made, and the lilac shampoo. 

The shower was just what she had needed, and slipping into the dress she had repurposed for this trip she actually felt good.  Having packed several pairs of sandals and sneakers she finally pulled out the only pair of 'fancy' shoes she owned, a pair that pinched with each step and she hated them -but suffering through shoes seemed to be a womans way- so she slipped them on with a grimace, and headed to purchase a mask.

The man that sold this that and the other was rather amicable, and Laila purchased a mask that suited her dark blue dress wonderfully.  "This makes you look wonderful." the man said, and she looked at him and tried to figure out something to say that didn't sound too daft, but found it hard to reply, so instead she simply nodded and paid.  Before leaving she has the foresight to actually thank him and let him know she would come back for a closer look at the store at some other time.

Finally heading to the masquerade -each step was bloody agony- and she tried to keep a straight face. If other women can do this, so can you.  And buy better shoes next time! her constant internal monologue was almost distracting her from the people near the entrance, she gave them a casual nod as she passed by -trying to glide- but it felt more like she was waddling, into a lovely room that she took the time to look at, taking note of a fortune telling booth, she felt herself slowly gravitate towards it.  With a sudden devil-may-care attitude she gently pushed a gauzy veil back to see if she could have her fortune told.  She could hardly knock she reasoned.
"And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.”

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Joseph, Alexandrena (mentioned), Chris (mentioned), Laila (mentioned), JJ (mentioned) OPEN!

Becky didn't pay much heed to Joseph's talk of money. She knew what it was like to have none when people would look down on you for having less than them, or turn to evil just to get a little, she knew what it was like to have more than she'd ever need, where still people would look down on you for having less or spending it the wrong way, or some other dumb excuse to rip people up, and still turn to evil just to get a little. Money was nice to not worry about, but it didn't stop people from being people no matter what they did with it as far as she had seen of this world.

Of course, sometimes money led to beautiful things, like the gorgeous shimmery black evening gown on the woman who walked in. Becky stared at her without disguising it, admiring the dress. "We were supposed to wear black." She reminded Joseph with a smile. "And that may be the best dress so far. I love when they sparkle like that. And she's definitely go the shoulders for it" She smiled at the woman, if she caught her hey she'd wave. "Is everyone here gorgeous?" She asked with a laugh.

Another man walked in, this one rather built, wearing a gold suit and rather helmet-like mask. "That guy didn't get the memo either." She laughed, nodding to him. "I like that mask though, he looks like something from a movie." She couldn't quite decide if 'gladiator' or 'spaceman' was more what she was thinking.

And another joined, and Becky didn't have time to give her much of a lookover before she ducked behind the fortune teller's curtain. "She hates her shoes." She said with the wisdom of a woman who knows what that looks like. "Shoulda asked our bartender for help." She smiled over her shoulder to see if JJ had picked up the compliment.

She laughed at Joseph's question. "No I've never been outside America or Mexico before." She said with a shake of her head. "Pretty sure everyone here can tell that." She glanced around the room. "Well since you aren't giving up your secrets maybe we should split up or make a deal, everything we can learn about someone else we trade each other for later?"

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Tagging Laila

The cloth of the entrance parted and a guest stepped within the shrouded darkness "Welcome, little one" the woman entoned. A hand covered in bangles rang gently as she jestered to the seat before her. "Card or palm, choose wisely" Lalita cautioned. Her hood clearly hid the Indians facial expressions as she laid out a pack of cards to the right and a small purple cloth to the left. She filed her head enough so that the woman facing her would get the impression that Lalita was looking towards her. "Choose" she declared dramatically.

LocusVonErich

Joseph would look at the people Becky mentioned, suddenly feeling rather underdressed for the occasion. The man in the gold suit stuck out in the same manner that Becky had, but it definitely made him seem more interesting. "They say that rules are made to be broken. After all, sometimes...a splash of the 'wrong' color only serves to make whatever person or thing an ornament in and of themselves...a spot of color in an otherwise monochrome world makes the world itself more beautiful." Joseph had found his charming stride again.

"Well, when you put it that way...if it means your company, I think we could work out a deal. This thing ends in a few hours. Maybe we meet back up at one minute after midnight, share what we've learned, trade secrets?" Joseph was definitely interested in the idea. Of course, he knew that it would be something of a challenge. But, this seemed to be one worth undertaking. After all, Becky was an interesting woman, he could definitely do with spending more time with her.

RedPhoenix

Becky raised her glasses and clinked it against Joseph's. "May be the best secret finder win." She said with a smile.

Of course this just brought her back to square one. She had no real skill at all at manipulating or convincing people to do anything they didn't already want to do. So, how did she do this? Well, maybe just be sweet little small town Becky and hope people were nice to her? Well, it would have to do until something else came along.

She scanned the crowd. Where to start, where to start, as she sipped her drink.

Endogenesis

Name: Laila Røed.
Date | Time: June 6th, 6 PM.
Wearing:  Wearing a demure coctail dress and a mask in a similar shade. https://www.partysuperstores.co.uk/img/VA010-como-mask-blue-silver-glitter.jpg
Tagging: Lalita.

Little one... Laila looked at the woman and admired the bangles for a moment as she takes a seat.  She had never had her fortune told, but the cards belonged to anyone, her palm was unique -hers alone- with it's flaws and imperfections.  The choice was an easy one and she stretched her arm out.  "Then I would pick a palm reading, please." she murmurs.

Glancing into her palm herself she wondered if there was too much of a past within the lines, and not much room left for any future -much less a fortune- she considered wryly.  "I mean, how does it work, is it someone anyone could do if they read the right books, or is it more of a gift?" she asks before the actual reading begins.  She feels a slight surge of exitement when the woman takes a gentle hold of her wrist to move her hand to get a better look at it. 
"And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.”

LocusVonErich

"Indeed. I will see you one minute after midnight." He would toast with Becky before walking off into the room.

At this point, he was in the same place. Too blunt for manipulative tactics. Of course, he knew that he would have to safeguard his own secret. Then again, he wondered if anyone could possibly believe his secret to be true. This place still had that oddly familiar feel to it. Maybe he had seen pictures in a magazine, maybe it was all a dream, and he was still that little fifteen year old kid that had just found out his mother was getting married.

Shaking his head, he would drain his glass and begin to walk about. He would take stock of the room, the black and red ribbons, the actors moving about the stage. The odd photo booth that looked like it belonged more in a shopping mall than a masquerade...he would sit silently at the bar and let some time pass in silence, watching the people trade partners and take part of the festivities.

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Tagging Laila

"Some things can be learned of course...others are passed on....and some simply known" she declared taking the woman's offered palm and tilting towards the light. Studying it for a few moments she reached out and picked up a small gel pen. The pen was similar to a highlighter in that it would raise the lines that Lalita needed to pay attention to. However the liquid inside was water based and could be remove easily.

[Floatright][/float]
Laying Laila's palm on the purple cloth, she drew a line over the palm line in the bottom right."This" she began as she drew "Is your life line" the pen stopped at a sudden of shoot on the life line and Lalita frowned "There is a break in your life, you have either or you are currently questioning the meaning of to your life." the pen continued "However I see you still have many years ahead of you!"

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Chris, OPEN!

Becky's eyes settled on the man in the gold suit with the crazy mask. He was alone, he had a mask she could use as a conversation starter, and he was the only other one who'd failed th dress code so they had those things to talk about at least. Okay.

She took a breath, pulled her compact out and checked herself, took another sip, and let herself down from her bar stool to cross the room. He'd see her coming, he'd be blind if he didn't, and she smiled at him as she met his eyes.

"Hey there." She said with a sweet voice and a sweeter smile. "I like your outfit. I'm Becky." She extended a hand to him, palm down and fingers pointed, nails that matched her dress catching the light for just a moment.

Endogenesis

Name: Laila Røed
Date | Time: June 6th, 6 PM
Wearing:  Wearing a demure coctail dress and a mask in a similar shade
Tagging: Lalita

Laila cracks an awkward smile at this.  "Well, I should hope that I have a few good years in me before I kick the bucket." focusing on the purple cloth for a moment she takes in the depth of the colour -a shade that was intriguing- and made her think of a sweatshirt she had purchased once when she had visited the Disney store just before Halloween. 

"Do you see romance?" she blurts out, and as the words tumbles out she inwardly curses herself before glancing at her palm, if there was anything akin to a telltale love line, hers was likely severed.  Not that she minded, she had told herself such.

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Tagging Laila

"Do you see any romance?" the female blurted out and Lalita gazed at the females palm. "This is your heart line" Lalita followed the line with her pen for a moment and then stopped. Laying down the pen she grasped Lalita's hand in both of hers and looked up. Making eye contact with the red head sat before her she offered her a smile."The road to love has not been kind, however as long as you keep your heart open, it will find you in the end. You might even find it sooner then you think!" she declared.