Welcome to the Continental [John Wick Universe Recruitment Thread]

Started by RegretNot, March 11, 2018, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegretNot

Already got a few sheets, will be starting to review them later today.

Gilgameshian

I guess this seems like a cool RP.

*goes back to watching John Wick 1 and 2*

I'll whip a sheet together sometime this weekend. This should be good.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

RegretNot

The OOC and Character Thread are made. I will be giving out pms later to those accepted into the game and still excepting sheets as we have about four so far submitted.

Rebelle

I submitted my character...

Let the party commence

Unless I get told no..

Then I'm going to cry..

LOTS

Rebelle

Well no need for tears

BUT need for a double post apparently.

My character got approved!

Relikai

Ill be getting a char up. Busy these days with family matters, but one’s in the works

RegretNot

Sounds good should be kicking off actual setting rooms and the like later this week.  Gives others plenty of time to get their characters in plus I am am going to allow people to get their feet wet in roleplay before we go with any story arcs. 

TheHighwayHitman

Hey yo!

I want in.

Seriously.

<---- Look. I'm even all avatar'd out and everything. My whole screen name is even fitting. My charactet concept would be as an independent member of the continental. Attached to no particular group. The reason is simple. My character is constantly on the road. He never stays in one place too long.

Character traits would be something like...

Wheelman: If it's got wheels, he can drive it. From Forklifts to Dirt Bikes to Big Rigs, he can drive it all.

Shotgun Surgeon: Shotguns are his weapon of choice. He can hit a running rabbit, or running person, in the head at 50 yards with buckshot. 75, with a slug.

Tireless: Due to many many hours driving, he can remain focused and alert longer than most human beings should be able too.

Built Like a Tank: Years of hard living on a bad diet while on the road have created a snake that's significantly tougher than the human average.

Shortcuts: What he lacks in physical speed he makes up for with road savvy. This character knows roads like the back of his hand. He doesn't need maps or gps to navigate roads and highways. He knows which roads to take and when.

Disadvantages would be...

Addiction: caffeine and nicotine have created a monster that doesn't function well without either. Without coffee or cigarettes his personality is grating and chain smoking has shot his stamina (for the purposes of physical exertion) all to hell. Running is not something he does.

Can't shoot straight: This character started with a shotgun because he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol.

Low Rank: Because of his independence and lack of serious conviction to a particular family or side organization, this character isn't in touch with the movers and shakers. He is one of the last to know and one of the last to be contracted.

Out of place: This character does not blend in with high society very well. While he may or may not have friends in low places, he is not a hipster, a dilettante, or ballroom dancer. His blue collar roots are worn on his sleeve.

Likes: Beer, Cigarettes, Hookers, Money, Independence, & The New York Mets

Dislikes: 4 Bangers, Complications, Traffic, & Dogs

Number of Kills: 7 while contracted. 11 in total.

Years of Service: 13.

Usual Stomping Grounds: Tri-State and Virginia. Has worked New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, & Texas.

Preferred Contracts: Runners who have escaped immediate area.

Threat Level: Low to Medium. Extreme while on the road.

Threat Level to John Wick: None. This character is not in Wick's league and he knows it. He's more likely to assist Wick than try to kill him. Baba Yaga is the very best. He's killed people with a pencil.

I'm happy to fill out more or less wherever you want it. :D

RegretNot

Seems like he would work.  Use the sheet on the first page and pm him to me for approval.

TheHighwayHitman

Awwright.

Something dawned on me last night. For the sake of tie ins, can my dude be one of the dudes that stepped around the corner and put a bullet to Ms. Perkins after she was excommunicated? I thought that would be some neat filler text and be a unique part of his story, perhapa even something that got him a coin and some recognition.

RegretNot

Piercescion

Obviously the entire Wick Universe is a play on Medieval Culture with the Organizations being Kingdoms, the High Table being the Crown and the Continental being the Church...

So I guess my question is. Will there be specific elements of the Underworld run by specific families or face? IE in John Wick 2 it was the D'Antonio's that lead the Camorra faction and sat as Ruling Member at the High Table or will that remain a sort of vague shadowy idea?

RegretNot

The High Table will be a part of the game and people can make characters inside of it as obviously it shows in the setting that they can be members of the Continental and enjoy it's protections (unless someone wants to damn themselves in the process). 

RegretNot

Still accepting characters for this game.  They can be anything from High Table players, hitmen that are members of the Continental, or staff of the place itself, it merely is the central setting piece of this game much like the John Wick movies. 

Vlexia

I’m......actually very interested. Have been for a hot minute.

Only watched the first movie though.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

RegretNot

That's okay, most of the information that we learn in the second movie is found in the information thread. 

Vlexia

Perfect! I have an idea that should work very well.

Will be sending a CS your way when it’s complete.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

RegretNot

I got sidetracked by real life more specifically work so I need a head count of who is still around and still accepting a few more characters to get the game started off. 

For characters accepted so far we have:

A Corporate Hitman

A Banking Division Continental Worker

A specialized Hitman, watcher for The Soup Kitchen

D'Antinio Family Hitman

Continental Hotel Concierge, information broker

Kokaine

What kind of posting rate are you looking for, if you don't mind me asking?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

RegretNot

I am not looking for anything insane, a few times a week in big involved scenes and with duos or personal scenes once or twice a week seems fair.  I want an active game but I am not going to be holding a stopwatch either.  Just try not to keep active writers waiting (without letting them know OOC at least) days and days for replies and I wouldn't see any need to make any rules on posting. 

Kokaine

That seems fair. I just know I can't do daily posting so I though I'd ask to be sure.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

RegretNot

Good to hear, let me know if you have anymore questions. 

Norsegod1839

Regret I would love to jump on if you guys have room for one more!

RegretNot

We do, I have no limit on size, just Storylines to be run in the Wick verse. 

Norsegod1839