recruiting: Pathfinder Skulls and shackles AP second/third table LF2m

Started by Tamhansen, March 14, 2016, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

As the first table filled up with an awesome party in no time, I'm looking to start a second table doing the skull and shackles campaign Rules will be the same, (see below) except I've loosened the race restrictions.

Character creation would be very standard
20 point build level 1
No 3pp
Max HP at level 1, then max hp at every level up.
Races: Core and any other Paizo race up to 15 points. (Exceptions can be granted with a good backstory or generous bribery :P)
2 traits, one of which must be a campaign trait. (players guide for the campaign is a free download if you need).  Third trait can be bought with a drawback.
Starting gold is max for your class. (so 300 for fighters, 240 for rogues etc)

Looking for 5 to 6 frequent posters.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

freeko

Something tells me I want to get in on this one too with a different concept.

Grizzly

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Phaia

Question:
Could I take a trait from a different campaign? I was looking at the wayfinder item as a trait?
It would seem very useful for a sea campaign.

Phaia

Tamhansen

Wow, that would be a big advantage. Let me think on that for a bit. Not saying no, but needs an impact analysis
ons and offs

freeko

Heh, could end up with a compass that doesn't point north similarly to how Jack Sparrow's compass points toward what he desires most. It would certainly make sense given the setting.

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 14, 2016, 12:43:26 PM
Wow, that would be a big advantage. Let me think on that for a bit. Not saying no, but needs an impact analysis

It is fine if the answer is no. The character concept is in on way wedded to the item. also are you allowing a trait that gives extra gp? several can give ya up to 900gp extra to start. I am looking at options and have already figured out at least 2 traits for my character.

She is going to be a 'witch' [she's a witch a witch...she turned me into a newt], a sexy witch, an escaped slave. I am working on aspects of her.

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: freeko on March 14, 2016, 12:51:42 PM
Heh, could end up with a compass that doesn't point north similarly to how Jack Sparrow's compass points toward what he desires most. It would certainly make sense given the setting.

that might be a lot of fun just not sure how that would work unless it is a hidden ability of the wayfinder when an ion is placed in it. ["damn thing has not worked right since I put the Ion in it" *shake shake*]
The wayfinder can get out of hand with added ion stones and yes with 25gp I can add a burned out grey ion stone. That would give read magic 1/day for 10 minutes, which means one less cantrip needed to carry. well two since the wayfinder can summon a light spell.

Phaia

Tamhansen

I really like the idea, and yes GP traits are fine. As I said in the other group, buying a horse could lead to some very expensive stew though :P
ons and offs

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 14, 2016, 01:02:13 PM
I really like the idea, and yes GP traits are fine. As I said in the other group, buying a horse could lead to some very expensive stew though :P

So I gather I can switch campaign trait to get a wayfinder?
also wanted to check with you before I did this. I am gonna have my character be human and take the fey magic racial trait --which drops skilled. This is much better and has more then the half-elf/elf version of the trait and just wanted to be sure it was okay

QuoteSeeking Adventure
Benefit You begin the game with your own wayfinder, a loan from your venture-captain. You’ve promised to pay your venture captain 500 gp for the wayfinder some day, but for now it’s yours to use. A wayfinder is a magical compass that grants you a +2 circumstance bonus on Survival checks to avoid becoming lost, and can be commanded to emit light as the spell (CL 5th) as a standard action.

Phaia

Tamhansen

Well, I'd still need you to pick one of the campaign traits from Skulls and shackles, as they have an influence on the game later on. But I'll allow the other campaign trait as a one off, either as second trait, or if you take a drawback, as third
ons and offs

Phaia

My basic idea for 'Brandy' is that she is a natural born sailor. Born of a drunken mate of a merchant/smuggler and a ship 'girl'. Grew up around ships. found her patron and became a witch. Is now the ships cook. Give her the extra gp trait and have it be used for all sorts of spices/herbs/chickens etc. as well as a masterwork kit. [her prized pots and skillets].

I know She will need profession cook. I was wondering if there was any house rules on food since there are no RAW. Of course she could get the cauldron hex then the cook people with a major hex. Making a delicious stew [yuuum yummm  O:) O:)]

The crew had better not bother her chickens either. Fresh eggs for those she likes or the evil eye for those that mess with her 'girls'!!!

Phaia

Mysterica

I would love to be able to get into an up and coming pathfinder game.  I was thinking of getting in on the last one I saw for this game posted, but there really wasn't much time before it was totally filled up.  Will update with a character concept soon, just need to look at the players guide for the game... could take a few as my internet is super slow download right now.

-edit-

Got in a little time to think up a concept for my character and I think I've decided on a sylph rogue.  An environment that is so dependent upon which way the wind blows seems a perfectly reasonable place for a child of a wind elemental.

TFcommando

I just picked up the Humble Bundle and fantasy pirates are always fun.  How much optimization would be required?  I know there are a lot of trap classes and options in PF, but not exactly what they are.  Magus, Swashbuckler and Sorcerer look interesting.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

freeko

Tamhansen

There's a lot of people here to help with optimisation, but in the end, I'd advise going for a character that you can get into. I don't play pathfinder as a win or lose game based on group power. Of course there's a risk of dying, but that will be from making wrong choices, never because you weren't the right class or archetype.

That said. If you've settled on a character I'll happily give you advise on several ways to make a good build for it.
ons and offs

RubySlippers

Quote from: freeko on March 14, 2016, 07:46:03 AM
Something tells me I want to get in on this one too with a different concept.

I's consider being in this one to but after new players not in the other game have a chance.

Tamhansen

The problem with mermaids is, that according to Paizo they cannot move on land. And since big parts of the AP do take place on islands and in port towns, you'd be out of the game quite a bit.

edit: and the sharks, yes. You'd have quite a few of those to fight.
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

How hard is it to pickup Pathfinder if you're only familiar with 5e DnD! *Gasps*

Tamhansen

In short, creating a character takes getting used to, but we can help with that. Once you're actually playing, the games are really similar.
ons and offs

Mysterica

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 15, 2016, 01:35:20 PM
In short, creating a character takes getting used to, but we can help with that. Once you're actually playing, the games are really similar.
Pretty much this.  The few differences in play will be picked up on fairly quickly and can be easily found on the character sheet.

TFcommando

Say, is there a decent light/no armor and great/two-handed weapon class, along the lines of the D&D 4e Avenger?  I've had a bit of a yearning to play someone like Cattelya from Queen's Blade or Asterio from 12 Beast.  Big body, big weapon sort.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Tamhansen

Barbarian is the first to spring to mind when you say Avenger. Light armored, big weapons and loads of pent up aggression.
ons and offs

Phaia

@Tamhansen: I decided not to give my character the wayfinder, I found other traits I wanted more including one that gave me a +1 to all fortitude saves [Skull and shackles].

I Have not done S&S and from what I read we start 'captured'? which is fine but also another reason not to go with a bunch of extra gear? If I go with profession-cook are there any ways that can be used to aid the team/crew?

@for team/crew-- I am looking at the witch class but I can easy make my character something else that can support the team. We seem to have a possible big gun in TFc, so I can supply the magic support or go rogue even. I am open to suggestions on what works for the group.

Phaia

Mysterica

As for which class to go with, I think that just about anything should be acceptable.  The players book for the path recommends any class as viable other than paladin so there is that.  So far you are the only one to express interest in any kind of arcane spell caster but for commando who has since directed her focus to a warrior type so witch sounds like a totally reasonable character choice. Anything else you decide on should be fine other than rogue as I've already worked up my own rogue using the

Further more as for recommended skills profession cook does seem like a good thing to get.
QuoteOther skills that will be helpful are Climb, Craft (sails), Craft (ships), Craft (siege engine), Knowledge (engineering), Knowledge (local), Profession (cook), Profession (siege engineer), and Swim.
After that most of the book mostly describes ship mechanics and ship to ship combat, how magic affects ships, and whatnot.  Worth a look, but I'd imagine most of it can be looked up as it becomes relevant to our characters.

Still a little bit of a work in progress (thinking of more equipment) but here is a rough look at my character Talindra.

TheSithChicken

I am definitely interested! Lots of cool options could be run with but I am a little tired at the moment to settle on a character idea. Though a Beastmorph alchemist could be interesting. Too tired for coherent thought. I'll try to get you an idea tomorrow.

TFcommando

Still torn between a blaster sorceress or a big two-handed weapon fighter, I'll work on some writeups and see who jumps out at me more.  In either case, a heavy damage type though.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

freeko

I could give you a Paladin build for a 2 handed weapon user. Though it would need adjusting since Paladins in this module in particular are difficult to play. However I would think the baseline could be used with another class in mind with other adjustments made. It still leaves you with a character that will obliterate the battlefield either way.

Tamhansen

@TFCommando. Another way to go with that is a bloodrager. A barbarian that from level 4 gets sorceress spells. A little less blasterlike than a sorceress, but imagine a big warrior woman with a huge sword that can cast enlarge person, shield and bull's strength on herself every time she rages into battle.
ons and offs

Autocad

No mermaids then. How about a skinwalker? (Sharkgirl!)

freeko

If I were to make a 2 handed hacker, here is how I would go about it.

Human: (Insert Class here)

STR   16
DEX   11
CON  14
INT    8
WIS   7
CHR   16

With the Human Bonus stats, I would since I play a Paladin every time ever put it into CHR to make the Paladin things more Paladin. This allows you to get into the fray and just slug it out as you heal yourself in battle with a lay on hands as a swift action. IF you are not a Paladin which most of you make the mistake of picking the wrong classes in pathfinder, you could consider most likely tossing your hat in on extra STR and just cleaving through the battlefield. You ideally want to be taking hits since you want the enemies to be attacking you instead of your allies, when they realize they cannot hit you if you go too high in AC, you will realize that it is harder to keep things on you.

The lowered INT will give you a slight dilemma between going for the extra HP or the extra skill rank, but given you are there for your combat prowess first I would suggest supplementing your strength by adding the extra HP instead of bothering with the glaring weakness in your skills. There are just too many holes to fill and not enough skill points here to fill them.

You certainly want Power Attack as one of your feats, and I think it is preference as to getting Cleave or Furious Focus as the second feat. Cleave will allow you to break through the initial target and possibly hit a secondary target, while Furious Focus will give you no drawback for Power Attack's first use in a turn.

Everything else is up to you for how you want to build the character past that point. I would recommend a Falchion as the weapon of choice, but anything two handed will likely suffice. Traits and all are totally up to whoever uses this mold to cast their character. I can help further if a "new" player just wants to ginsu through the opposition using this template. I would prefer to do that in pm however.

Phaia

I personally have always had problems with abilities below 10, save at times a 9 strength for a non melee type. I find it very limiting as a roleplayer to play someone that is dull and dimwitted. I know many players seem to ignore the lowered mental abilities and play a character like that as normal. As a GM I have forced players to adhere to written and suggested guidelines on say
a 8 int --- "roll to see if you can remember the plan"
8–9   –1   Troglodyte, centaur, gnoll   Has trouble following trains of thought, forgets most unimportant things

or a 7 wis --- the classic Leroy Jenkins all the time
6–7   –2   Gibbering abomination, blood orc, ifrit   Seems to have almost no common sense

This is just me of course and I have no problems roleplaying with a character like that just to see how someone could make it work.

Phaia

Tamhansen

Personally If I was going to make something hacky and human I'd still opt bloodrager.

Attributes
Str 16 (18 with human bonus)
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 14

Rage for 7 rounds means Str and Con go up another 4 each. More at higher level. Will save goes up as well negating the low wis. Ac goes down a bit, but with the massive HP pool that's soakable.

Take the arcane bloodline, so you get buffs on yourself when you rage.
take the primalist archetype so you can trade bloodline powers you don't want for rage powers you do.

For weapon Falchion is indeed a good choice. Or just go for an oldfashioned greatsword, hammer, axe or whatever tickles your pickle.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

Oh and for feats, i'd start out with at least improved initiative. With low AC you want to hit first, especially since you have a chance of instakilling most mobs you fight.

As for the skinwalker, autocad, I'll surely consider it.
ons and offs

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 16, 2016, 10:16:17 AM
Oh and for feats, i'd start out with at least improved initiative. With low AC you want to hit first, especially since you have a chance of instakilling most mobs you fight.

I would also add in a  Trait that gives you an initiative bonus
Reactionary
You were bullied often as a child, but never quite developed an offensive response. Instead, you became adept at anticipating sudden attacks and reacting to danger quickly.

Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on initiative checks.

With the feat and trait you get a +6 Initiative which should get you going first most rounds!!

Phaia

Tamhansen

Yep.

If you really want to be cheeky, take the adopted social trait. Then pick warrior of old

Then you still get to pick another combat trait like dirty fighter

Don't tell the GM though :P
ons and offs

RubySlippers

Any room for a Monkey Goblin Kineticist, bet you didn't see that coming as a potential pirate. Once new players had a chance to sign on I don't want to displace anyone since I'm in the other game.

Chulanowa

...And now I want to see an al-goblins pirate game.

"Use fire! Use fire! No! Wait! Auuuugh! hafta put out fire with BIGGER FIRE!"

Autocad

I got a couple of images for inspiration for a skinwalker sharkgirl. What do y'all think?

Images

(Ignore the tail of the left one, going with two legs if it ends up with her being chosen)

TheSithChicken

I've just been tossing ideas around. A couple of ideas as follows. I might not end up proposing any of these but they are what i have tossed around at the moment.

- Aquatic elf (or possibly a Deep One Hybrid) Beastmorph Alchemist who goes sharky when he uses the mutagen

- Monkey Goblin Unchained Rogue with an affinity for knives and saps

- Deep One Hybrid Shark Totem Druid

- Deep One Hybrid (or maybe Lizard Folk) Brawler Fighter Archetype

And why the love for Deep One Hybrids you might ask? Because Shadows Over Innsmouth is my favorite story of all time and this might be the only campaign I can play one in.

DeviantMunster

Tamhansen

third party products. Sorry, it's a term so ubiquitous in pathfinder I sometimes forget not everyone uses it.
Basically anything made by Paizo tends to go no questions asked. Anything from another publisher tends to be disallowed unless I can be convinced.
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

TheSithChicken

Any preferences on my ideas? Questions? They are all kinda stalemating in my head.

Tamhansen

Be careful of those concepts that rely heavily on being in the water. There will be fights in water. But fights out of the water are about 85% at least. Ship to ship, town assault/coastal raids, treasure hunts.
ons and offs

TheSithChicken

The only one that really does that is the Shark Totem Druid. It won't matter to any of the others where things occur except for the Deep One Hybrid's little drawback. Which from what little I know of Skulls and Shackles shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Chulanowa

Quote from: DarkPrince on March 16, 2016, 04:04:25 PM
The only one that really does that is the Shark Totem Druid. It won't matter to any of the others where things occur except for the Deep One Hybrid's little drawback. Which from what little I know of Skulls and Shackles shouldn't be too much of an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI

TFcommando

Quote from: Phaia on March 16, 2016, 10:07:36 AM
I personally have always had problems with abilities below 10, save at times a 9 strength for a non melee type. I find it very limiting as a roleplayer to play someone that is dull and dimwitted. I know many players seem to ignore the lowered mental abilities and play a character like that as normal. As a GM I have forced players to adhere to written and suggested guidelines on say
a 8 int --- "roll to see if you can remember the plan"
or a 7 wis --- the classic Leroy Jenkins all the time
This is just me of course and I have no problems roleplaying with a character like that just to see how someone could make it work.

Phaia

I agree with you there... I hate having mental dumpstats for that reason.  Though it's also the reason I don't like barbarians... the rage feature that turns off parts of your brain doesn't appeal. 

So far I have two notions:

A sorceress with the elemental fire bloodline for lots of blasting and the "barely-clad, naughty mage" concept, one who might not be from the Shackles at all, but arrived recently seeking lore (as there's a lore-seeking background).  Possibly with a devil-touched background to explain the fire instead of an elemental, but that's just flavor.

Big, buff, Amazonian fighter with a big sword or axe, two-handed wielder.  Probably human, unless I can somehow make a balanced minotaur or minotaur-like race.  While this is a friendly game, I've read that fighters are very low on the class tier... and she'd just be wearing light armor, which is letting an important class feature go unused.

Also, DM question: Are we using background skills?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Tamhansen

i was originally going to say no there, but I've decided we are going to use them.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

Okay. Just a quick look at what we have so far.

Phaia playing witch.
Mysterica as a rogue.

Also: interested characters with no full concept so far
Deviantmunster
Darkprince
Autocad
TFcommando going sorceress or fighter.
Grizzly

Ruby has a Kineticist
Blinkin and Freeko would like to join if there is enough room.

Basically I have decided to accept Phaia and Mysterica as i really love both ideas.

That leaves 4 spots.

My criteria will be in order of importance big to small
1) Do I like the concept.
2)Does the character fit in with the party
3)Do I like the character mechanically
4)Did you get a spot in my other group.

edit: stupidly forgot Grizzly
ons and offs

Mysterica

Hassah!  And there was much rejoicing for being liked!

freeko

I would caution you somewhat about being based around fire. It is the most common resistance seen in almost every enemy creature ever it feels like. Maybe adapting toward water given the scenario would make more sense? Of course it is just a suggestion and in no way a method to control your character, but I personally would want to see the sorceress instead of the amazonian fighter.

Also of note is that if I were to jump in on this, I would be using my 2H template most likely that I posted previously. I may be ever so slightly biased ;p

Phaia

while Mysterica has a blue skinned rogue... Here is what my white haired tiefling witch [that looks human] looks like

Phaia

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Phaia

Gee Tam she is only a 10 charisma, of course charima does not always mean looks, just how well she can influance people which is what 'charm person' is for!!

and since ya want to know
Her Tieflingness [is that a word] shows up as milky white skin and white hair and her eyes flash red when she casts a hex!

NSFW

Phaia

TheSithChicken

Since it looks like there is a fighter and a rogue I'm looking more towards my Alchemist or Druid ideas. Any preference on which I write up? Plus is the Deep One Hybrid and Aquatic Elf races cool for me to make?

Phaia

@Mysterica- Have you considered the unchained Rogue class. It improves the rogue class a lot.

A blue skinned female that is good looking but on the quiet side, a white skinned beauty that is average in dealing with people. We need a high charisma character to sweet talk the pirates and make friends!

Phaia

TheSithChicken

I could Bard it up if you need a face more than artillery or nature guy.

Phaia

Personally I think a bard would work really well. There is after all a story about pirates raiding a welsh farm and leaving behind 2 daughters but taking the bag piper. Pirates need entertainment after all to break up those long boring days of sailing.

An Archer bard would do really well and after My character gets fortune and cackle would do even better.

Oh my plan for  hexes so far are --slumber and evil eye [extra hex feat]-- but I am open to suggestions since My witch will be more the debuffer/buffer and I could go with fortune and cackle to start that would let all allies have an extra die roll per round

Phaia

Tamhansen

Deep one hybrid is a valid choice.

Aquatic elves, like mermaids, sahuagin, deep one pure and other aquatic races suffer from not doing to well outside of the water. There are few water combats in here, unless you guys want to go and beat up schools of sharks of course.

As for what the need is. At this point there is a rogue and a witch, anything that compliments that would help with getting picked.

@Phaia. Charisma 10, but appearance 22. Either she is incredibly timid and shy, or perhaps really abrassive. :P :P

And yes Mysterica. I would suggest taking a look at the unchained rogue. The free feats and and getting dex to damage on your favourite weapon really makes up for the... wait, do you actually lose something going unchained?
ons and offs

freeko

the frustration of being a underpowered rogue is about the only thing you lose imho.

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 17, 2016, 10:27:57 AM
@Phaia. Charisma 10, but appearance 22. Either she is incredibly timid and shy, or perhaps really abrassive. :P :P

Tamhansen, I could shift a few points I guess or if allowed drop the fiendish resists [which I think is overpowered for the race] and take +2 cha which cancels the -2 cha of the standard tiefling. then she would have a 12 cha. 10 charisma is normal human, which does not mean shy but maybe more introverted. of course since I am working on her being a cook, make her mad and she will feed ya nicely flavored [prestidgitation works wonders with seasoning] 4 day old dead rat and then giggle as you heave and puke over the railing. If you think 10 cha is abrassive, the rogue has a 9 charisma currently, which is why I suggested someone play a high charisma character, bard, paladin, sorcerer.

Phaia

Phaia

oh I have a question. I have been looking and know its there somewhere but cant find it. what is the cost of masterwork kits? I wanted to maybe get a cooking kit with MW on to add the +2 to cooking. I thought I read somewhere it was 50gp

Also if i have the gp extra I wanted to get a couple of scrolls and add extra spells to my characters familar. Are you okay with that?

Phaia

Tamhansen

Quote from: Phaia on March 17, 2016, 10:36:02 AM
Tamhansen, I could shift a few points I guess or if allowed drop the fiendish resists [which I think is overpowered for the race] and take +2 cha which cancels the -2 cha of the standard tiefling. then she would have a 12 cha. 10 charisma is normal human, which does not mean shy but maybe more introverted. of course since I am working on her being a cook, make her mad and she will feed ya nicely flavored [prestidgitation works wonders with seasoning] 4 day old dead rat and then giggle as you heave and puke over the railing. If you think 10 cha is abrassive, the rogue has a 9 charisma currently, which is why I suggested someone play a high charisma character, bard, paladin, sorcerer.

Phaia

Phaia it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment based on the standard perception of the charisma score. It's one of the reason I liked the addition of the appearance score they tried in 3.5 d&d, but unfortunately it wasn't well thought out, plus it wasn't really all that important to their biggest group of customers, who simply want to run through dungeons and kill things, and don't care about realistic social interaction.

10 Charisma is fine, and just means you have an average force of personality.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

masterwork artisan tools cost 55gp duh, need to focus
ons and offs

TheSithChicken

@Tamhansen - Aquatic elves don't suffer any penalties from being outside the water.

@Phaia - I'll look at the Bard and see if I can come up with something.

Phaia

Quote from: DarkPrince on March 17, 2016, 11:06:24 AM
@Tamhansen - Aquatic elves don't suffer any penalties from being outside the water.

@Phaia - I'll look at the Bard and see if I can come up with something.

DP, if you do not want a bard please don't force it. go with what you want to play!

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 17, 2016, 10:47:40 AM
Phaia it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment based on the standard perception of the charisma score. It's one of the reason I liked the addition of the appearance score they tried in 3.5 d&d, but unfortunately it wasn't well thought out, plus it wasn't really all that important to their biggest group of customers, who simply want to run through dungeons and kill things, and don't care about realistic social interaction.

10 Charisma is fine, and just means you have an average force of personality.

;D ;D, I figured as much but one can never be sure about things. I agree about 3.5 which I played when I was High school, appearance as a score meant very little just like in most cases a low mental ability just gives extra build points and means very little in the game.  I can min/max but prefer a more rounded character. I could have gotten a 20 int easy with my witch but choice to go more balanced.

Oh I do hope it is okay that my witch is not 5'11" with 44dd breasts and a big butt like so many of the anime like witches shown. I have had that image in my files a while and have always wanted to use it and almost went with a white haired witch, but the loss of hexes really nerfed the witch class.

Phaia

Tamhansen

At's of course unforgivable. How dare you not play the stereotype!!!!!!!!! :p :p.

No I love the picture, and I love the character.
ons and offs

Grizzly

I'd like to submit something for this game.  I kind of missed the deadline for the first group. 

Are submissions still being accepted?  I have a Divine Tracker Ranger that was built up for a Serpents Skull game that never went anywhere.  I would just need to modify her.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Tamhansen

yup Grizzly, they are still open. I kind of new you were joining, but forgot to mention you earlier. I rectified that right when i noticed. Feel free to submit.
ons and offs

TFcommando

Ok, going with the sorceress social monster, human, air aspect, channeling the power of the raging storm.  She'll be 5'11 with 44ddd breasts and a big butt. 😄

I'll be a bit slow with the write up as I have a business trip this weekend.

Edit:  a haughty Taldan noble, spending adventuring season looking for ancient magic lore in the area.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Tamhansen

yup. With the amount of people i'm getting in, this'll likely end up with two full groups. That'll put me at max though.

But yes, my complaining aside I would love to see your application Ershin
ons and offs

RubySlippers

I'm also going to add another concept still an odd race a Female Ratfolk Brawler and my other one posted earlier.

Phaia

You know what is weird, it looks so far that all the characters are female!!

The She Sea Wolves?

Phaia

Tamhansen

Well, that might be interesting. I had the same thing with the first monsters and miniskirts, and that worked out fantastic. Kept me busy though. :D Lets see what else is offered up :D
ons and offs

Mysterica

Just got home from work, time to pop open my first Guinness.

I will certainly switch over to Unchained Rogue class if there is nothing to lose.  I wasn't really aware of the class option or the differences tbh.  Keeping the 9 Cha partly because Sylphs are described as a shy race.  She's a little shy but can easily bump that up to a 10 once she becomes more accustomed to living with the crew.  Think I'm going to take a look at the drawbacks for a third trait as well while I'm altering the sheet.

On another note, Talindra will certainly not mind being surrounded by beautiful females serving as eye candy as she tends to lean that way to begin with.

Phaia

I have some questions.
I am taking a drawback since I have 3 traits. I am looking at two of them and was wondering what ya all may think.

1] Mark of Slavery--Effect: Whenever you fail a skill check, you take a –2 penalty on any skill check or attack roll you attempt before the end of your next turn unless it is a part of retrying the failed skill check. --- I can work this into my background without too much trouble.

2] Umbral Unmasking--Effect: You cast no shadow whatsoever, or the shadow you do have is monstrous. Under normal lighted conditions, this is not hard to observe—but uncommon to notice. Creatures that succeed at a DC 15 Wisdom check notice it plainly (an additional Perception check may be required based on environmental conditions). This telltale sign of wickedness cannot be concealed by misdirection, nondetection, or illusions, except those that also affect shadows (such as invisibility). --- My idea for this was that my character being a tiefling that can pass as human has no shadow except when she uses a hex. Then a shadow appears that is big with fiendish features, like horns, claws, spikes and a tail. Her eyes also would flash red when using a hex.

Both have an appeal. So I was wondering what ya all think of them?

Tamhansen, I asked if you would have a problem with my character having bought lvl 1 scrolls and added them to her familar so as to start witha  bigger selection of 1st lvl spells? No more then 3 since I only start with 180 gp and bought stuff.
Also you noted background skills. If I read it correctly we get 2 per level to apply to a certain list of skills as noted under the background list.
Oh do you see cooking as a profession or craft or something else?

Phaia

Tamhansen

Sorry I missed that. No I have no issue with the scrolls.

yes background skills are correct. 2 per level regardless of class or int.

And cooking is apparently a proffesion.
ons and offs

freeko

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills

That is the list of skills that are where you can put the 2 extra background skill points. Not that I will speak for Tamhansen but cooking is most certainly a Profession skill if you asked me. Also of note is the addition of Artistry and Lore as background skills that would otherwise not show up. Artistry is pretty much useless but Lore when used correctly can yield fantastic results. Knowledge (X) will get you general information about a general topic, like Giants for example. Lore (X) will give you specific information on a focused topic, like Frost Giants specifically. Knowledge is used for a broad topic while Lore is used on a more specific level.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/profession Cooking is listed as a common profession under that heading, so that is how I would at least handle the cooking skill representation. just put (Cooking) under the profession heading on mythweaver and put a point into it. That was what I did with Sailor profession.

The first drawback seems punishing and totally something that would fit within the scenery of the campaign.

Mysterica

OK.  Just updated my character for unchained rogue and a third trait.  Re-posting link to sheet for convenience.  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=750278

Phaia

Quote from: Mysterica on March 17, 2016, 08:58:19 PM
OK.  Just updated my character for unchained rogue and a third trait.  Re-posting link to sheet for convenience.  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=750278

Btw Mysterica ya really want to make that class spin, check the trait 'River Rat' and make her a twc knife fighter!! and that +1 to damage is for all dagger damage including throwing...

Phaia

Phaia

River Rat (Marsh or River)
You learned to swim right after you learned to walk. When you were a youth, a gang of river pirates put you to work swimming in nighttime rivers and canals with a dagger between your teeth so you could sever the anchor ropes of merchant vessels.

Benefits: You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage rolls with a dagger and a +1 trait bonus on Swim checks. Swim is always a class skill for you.

phaia

DeviantMunster

My apologies, I'm a little overcome. And seems so many people are making awesome characters! I'll... try posting tonight after I browse through the books, but I don't mind if you guys are full! At least I'll figure out how to make a sheet for pathfinder for next time.

Mysterica

Well the extra trait being Acrobat is because as the heavy Dex character in the party I'd assume she'll be the one in the nest on lookout since she is the least likely to fall and she can take the Sylph feat o see through mist and fog.  Seemed good to be able to quickly get to her post or back on deck when things turn south fast.

Phaia

okay, how high ya pushing acrobat? with an 18 dex and rogue having it as a class skill ya should be at a 8 skill?

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 17, 2016, 09:10:17 PM
My apologies, I'm a little overcome. And seems so many people are making awesome characters! I'll... try posting tonight after I browse through the books, but I don't mind if you guys are full! At least I'll figure out how to make a sheet for pathfinder for next time.

None needed DM, any help ya need there are several of us that can answer basic system questions. I know it fairly well but always seem to find something new with the next character someone works up. Awesomeness for me is more on how you roleplay your character then on how you min/max the abilities. I dislike the resistances of the tieflings but I am gonna use them [unless of course Tamhen would let me switch them for one of the alternate traits  O:) O:) ]

Phaia

DeviantMunster

Well, in 5e I loved playing a fighter with charisma, or a wizard with points in wis! I'm hardly a min-maxer, but... I also don't want to feel useless in combat! In 5e its easier to see where I'll fit even if I'm a little under powered. I'll just give it a read, see what I can come up with!

freeko

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 17, 2016, 09:25:33 PM
Well, in 5e I loved playing a fighter with charisma..

May I direct you toward the Paladin class?

Autocad

Quote from: Phaia on March 17, 2016, 07:03:34 PM
You know what is weird, it looks so far that all the characters are female!!

The She Sea Wolves?

Phaia

The Seamen-eating She-sea-wolves?

Phaia

Quote from: Autocad on March 17, 2016, 09:50:18 PM
The Seamen-eating She-sea-wolves?

The sexy, sultry, seamen-eating She wolves of the Shackles Seas sailing silently under the shimmering sun!!!

Phaia

Autocad

TFcommando

This is what I have so far... Might be a bit minmaxed with the 20 Cha, could drop it down.  A decadent Taldan noble adventuress, lots of talent and knows it.

stats

Female Human Sorcerer 1
LN Medium Humanoid
Init +2 Perception +1

AC 13, Touch 13, Flatfooted 10 (+4 for Mage Armor)
HP 6
Saves Fort +1 Ref. +2 Will +3

Speed 30 feet
BAB 0
Melee -2
Ranged +2

Sorcerer Spells Known

1st  Mage Armor, Magic Missile
0th Read Magic, Ray of Frost, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic

Stats

-4 Str 7
5 Dex 14
0 Con 10
2 Int 12
0 Wis 10
17 Cha 20

Base Atk +0
CMB +0
CMD

Feats:
Eschew Materials
Persuasive
Dodge

Adventure Skills
Knowledge (Arcana) +5
Diplomacy +12
Intimidate +12
Spellcraft +5
Bluff +9
Use Magic Device -
Knowledge (Planes) -

Background Skills
Knowledge (History) +6
Knowledge (Nobility) +5

Languages
Common
Draconic
Cyclops

Traits
Princess Diplomacy Class Skill, +1 Diplomacy & Intimidate bonus
Ancient Explorer  Knowledge History Class Skill +1 to History and Local checks, Cyclops language

Air Elemental Bloodline -

Elemental Ray (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an elemental ray as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of damage of your energy type + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell that deals energy damage, you can change the type of damage to match the type of your bloodline. This also changes the spell's type to match the type of your bloodline.

Favored Class Sorcerer +1 skill level 1

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

DeviantMunster

I think I'd like to be an oracle! They seem fun.
Ah, not sure if that fits with what people are already choosing or not.

Tamhansen

Well, I've selected a witch and a rogue so far, so yes, an oracle is a pretty valid choice.
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

Then I"ll begin trying to do a write up. I had no idea pathfinder had so many books, but I like the choice!

Edit: Races have points?

Tamhansen

Most do yes. You can find it here. Basically some races are inherently more powerful than others. Where D&D used to, and i assume will again solve that by XP penalties, pathfinder uses a point system. You can find it here. The races in the core book are never given points, but they're allowed anyway.

A listing of most races is here including race points.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

Quote from: Phaia on March 17, 2016, 09:20:47 PM
None needed DM, any help ya need there are several of us that can answer basic system questions. I know it fairly well but always seem to find something new with the next character someone works up. Awesomeness for me is more on how you roleplay your character then on how you min/max the abilities. I dislike the resistances of the tieflings but I am gonna use them [unless of course Tamhen would let me switch them for one of the alternate traits  O:) O:) ]

Phaia

Sorry, completely missed this request. Of course you can switch.
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

Bah, bah, so many choices. The urge of a bard has overtaken me! I can't decide Oracle or Bard dancer. Hmph!
So I noticed this is a module while looking up information! Does that mean we have a set story that'll conclude in a short while? We remain as a group and travel together?

Tamhansen

It's not a module but an adventure path. A set of six modules forming a continuous story leading us from level 1 to 16
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

Tamhansen

And yes. I've adjusted the path to take in account six players as well as the fact that this isn't a group of halfwits which paizo seems to think is its main customer group.

Encounters will be tougher, bosses stronger and prisoners more accomodating.
ons and offs

freeko

Hmm, if I modified an Aasimar a little bit I could totally make a battle angel. Though I would not want to take up a slot that someone else would deserve. I guess the idea could be used if a replacement on the second ship were needed.

Mysterica

Oracle would be nice indeed as it gives up some form of divine magic which this group has been rather lacking in.  They make for interesting characters as well with the curses, but bard is totally a fine choice as well.

Tamhansen

Witches get a lot of what oracles get, and bards tend to get the other half.

Either way, Bard or Oracle will be a major boost to the group.

Darn, now i wanna play in this campaign :P
ons and offs

freeko

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 18, 2016, 09:54:56 AM

Darn, now i wanna play in this campaign :P

Ask nicely and maybe someone would be willing to gm the second boat?

Autocad

Character sheet done: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=752726

Sharkgirl barbarian, sailor and buccaneer. What more is there to say?

TheSithChicken

Okay finally had some time to throw together some real ideas. I will lay the three finalists down below and see what you all think. See which you think might be the best fit for the game if any.

Yekskya - Deep One Hybrid Beastmorph Alchemist heading for Master Chymist

Yekskya was born to a degenerate Bekyar tribe of Dagon worshippers in the Mwangi expanse. A tribe expunged by another tribe and he only escaped that fight because he was too young to have the "Innsmouth look". It didn't save him from slavery though or being sold to a wealthy foreigner. An alchemist named Ortalones de'Leone who saw the unusual taint in his blood and wanted to study it. Intensely. Over the years of experimentation Yeskya learned much from the alchemist's ceaseless talk and stolen time with his journals. Secrets of the alchemical arts and what the madman had  learned of the powers of Yekskya's blood. By the time Yekskya put a blade in Ortalones gut he  was ready to continue the experiments on his own terms - and see the ocean through through something besides a cell window.

Kebechet - Vishkanya Eldritch Poisoner-Toxicant Alchemist

Kebechet has never known the shores of Casmaron as she was born at sea the daughter of pirates. Raised by privateers and steeped in the skills of her mother Ananta she has never known a life besides piracy. Learning to poison and deceive and rob with the best of them. A bewitching snake skinned woman with a fondness for seduction and poison.

Now this idea does require a bit of GM fiat as Eldritch Poisoner and Toxicant both replace Persistent Mutagen but I am more than happy to forgo the Toxicant's Toxic Digestion ability to make this really different and thematically cool character concept. I've never actually played a poison based character which actually surprises me consider how long I've been roleplaying.

Orianna Deep One Hybrid Inquisitor of Besmara

Orianna comes from a long lineage of pirates. Generation after generation of buccaneers and privateers plying their trade with a prayer to Besmara on their lips. For their service, their loyalty, and their deeds they were blessed to share the blood of the sea in the form of a visitor. Orianna was the product of that seaborn union. A daughter of land and sea with the life of a pirate, the heart of a priestess, and the tongue ofa demagogue. When she came of age she sought out a vessel of her to serve on and ply her Holy Mother's trade.

DeviantMunster

Those sound like fantastic ideas! Though I can't really think of one in particular.
Curiously, I noticed you can have a masterwork instrument - is there something equivalent to giving bonuses to perform for say, dancing?

Tamhansen

Masterwork instrument tap shoes? Canastas? There is always a way to edit such items aesthetically.
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

Tamhansen

Okay, with the overwhelming interest I've received, I've decided to make two groups with the applications. That will be me filled on system RP's though.

So far table 2 I've recruited Phaia, Mysterica and DeviantMunster

For table 3 i think TFCommando, Autocad and Grizzly make a good start

The people mentioned below, I'm not sure where they'd fit best yet.
Other people that have filled in a character concept.
Rubyslippers
Darkprince
Freeko

people who've shown interest, but no concept so far
Ershin

I'm going to wait until after the weekend on this, see if there's any more interest. If not we'll play with two groups of four or five
ons and offs

DeviantMunster

freeko

Well, seeing where my role is likely going to be in the first ship I think being just a nasty second in command or "enforcer" of sorts is the best place to be. I just wanna hack my way to victory in every battle ever while facetanking as much as possible.

Though my character concept is probably still a Paladin in name, I would not be looking to lead with the secondary character. She would be battle seeking at pretty much every time ever and wanting to strike fear into her opponents. She would look inward with her ability to heal and seek to keep herself in the fight for as long as possible as she cleaves through the opposition with her two handed weapon.

Phaia

One thing I do when researching classes is to look for guides/builds done by people that are out there and discussed
an example is http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab Treatmonks is consider by many to make very good guides.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?233029-PF-Optimization-Guides-Compendium
I have also used this one for insite.

I used http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=480.0 to help me with my witch build

I offer these as I look at some of the builds...

Phaia

freeko

Well, my secondary character is full on anti-paladin.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=754055

Watch the chaos unfold here.

She does one thing, kill. She does not care who she kills or why she kills, someone she respects points her in a direction and then death itself follows in her wake as she mows down everything in her path. It will be fun to just fix all the problems by killing them.

Phaia

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 06:34:04 PM
Well, my secondary character is full on anti-paladin.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=754055

Watch the chaos unfold here.

She does one thing, kill. She does not care who she kills or why she kills, someone she respects points her in a direction and then death itself follows in her wake as she mows down everything in her path. It will be fun to just fix all the problems by killing them.

I would have so much fun with a character that has the following.

QuoteINT 8–9   –1   Troglodyte, centaur, gnoll   Has trouble following trains of thought, forgets most unimportant things

" yes yes dear I am sure you split the loot this way...one for you one for me, two for you, one two for me, three for you, one two three for me... come on pay attention or we have to start over."... and with that low an Int my character should be able to get away with it.

QuoteWIS 6–7   –2   Gibbering abomination, blood orc, ifrit   Seems to have almost no common sense

" I will wait way back here and you kick in that door with 20 guards on the other side...oh and holler "Leroy Jenkins" when you charge in"

Also I guess you do not plan on having any paladin/antipaladin spells!!

I have to ask the gm this question.
@Tamhansen, from what I have read about Skulls and Shackles adventure path it requires a lot of skill rolls and role play. Will that still be the case?

Phaia

Phaia

Chulanowa

Oh! Well, if we're double-dipping, i'll happily throw something in for a second / third group. Gives me room to go with the 'Shackles is fuckin' WEIRD" angle I wanted to try  ;D

TheSithChicken

Any thoughts on my ideas? Questions? Concerns? I'm waiting to see what people like and/or think we need for the game before deciding. Plus one of my ideas did come with a rules question.

freeko

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 18, 2016, 07:49:38 PM
Oh! Well, if we're double-dipping, i'll happily throw something in for a second / third group. Gives me room to go with the 'Shackles is fuckin' WEIRD" angle I wanted to try  ;D

Feel free to play the first character?

freeko

Quote from: DarkPrince on March 18, 2016, 07:52:56 PM
Any thoughts on my ideas? Questions? Concerns? I'm waiting to see what people like and/or think we need for the game before deciding. Plus one of my ideas did come with a rules question.

For Kebechet, your rules question is not really a question at all. You cannot have both Archetypes as you cannot take a second archetype that modifies or changes the same base ability. You can have one or the other archetype but not both at least from the color of the rules as they are written.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes It is literally the last line of text on the bottom of the listing.

Chulanowa

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 08:28:54 PM
Feel free to play the first character?

Thhhbbbt. I've got yards to rake, dogs to walk, food to cook, and like, you know, naps to take, man

TheSithChicken

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 11:39:01 PM
For Kebechet, your rules question is not really a question at all. You cannot have both Archetypes as you cannot take a second archetype that modifies or changes the same base ability. You can have one or the other archetype but not both at least from the color of the rules as they are written.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes It is literally the last line of text on the bottom of the listing.

You missed where I acknowledged that very fact, offered a compromise, and asked for a GM ruling.

Tamhansen

Darkprince. Normally I'd be willing to entertain such ideas and test their viability, but due to time constraints I'm going to have to say if it's not in the rules I'm not going to allow it.

Phaia yes, especially the first part does contain quite a few rolls like that. So everyone who min/maxes will put themselves at a considerable disadvantage, as what I guess you're hinting on. To be fair, min-maxing in pathfinder always seems like such a great idea, until the point where a gm actually plays on the min part. And that will happen on this campaign.
ons and offs

Chulanowa

I've got what's shaping up to be a cleric or druid in the cooker (maybe Ranger, as a long shot?) but... it's super late and my brain is all wuzzy, so... I'll get back to it after sleeping!

freeko

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 19, 2016, 06:02:13 AM
Phaia yes, especially the first part does contain quite a few rolls like that. So everyone who min/maxes will put themselves at a considerable disadvantage, as what I guess you're hinting on. To be fair, min-maxing in pathfinder always seems like such a great idea, until the point where a gm actually plays on the min part. And that will happen on this campaign.

But.. but.. I like being taken advantage of!

Phaia

Quote from: freeko on March 19, 2016, 08:24:46 AM
But.. but.. I like being taken advantage of!

"okay okay you win, I wont fight over this...this time... there is way more of the shiny coppery coins then any of the others and you can have them all...Darn it you will have a huge pile of coins when we are done with this...I suppose you want that shiny sword too and not that silly old belt!!...okay okay....it's yours"

***Misty would never take advantage of a low int and low wis antipaladin...noo nahhhh never!!!

Phaia

mellowdude

No one is making a ninja in the pirate campaign? I am disappoint :P

Phaia

I believe I am done with my character!!  :o :o
@Tamhansen , do you need any more history? I know it is short but it works!

Phaia

Alizar 'Misty' de Har'eakle
Female Neutral Tiefling Witch, Level 1, Init 7, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0,   Action Points 0
  Dagger x2 +0 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
  Dagger-Thrown +3 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
  Mage Armor (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10
Condition None
Spells 0) Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic-- 1) Cure Light Wounds, Mage Armor
Spell Like Abilities Prestidigitation 3/day, Darkness 1/day
Hexes Evil Eye, Slumber
Skills Perception +10, Lore-Ships of the Shackles +8, Chef +5, Sailor +5, Knowledge-Arcana +8, Knowledge-Nature +8, Spellcraft +8, Swim +5

Witch's Familiar 'Ratter'

N Tiny animal
Init +6; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +4

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +2 size)
hp 6 (1d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., swim 20 ft.
Melee bite +1 (1d3–1 plus poison)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Bite—injury; save Fort DC 12; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save.

STATISTICS
Str 8, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 5
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 9
Feats Improved Initiative
Skills Perception +5, Swim +10, Init +6
Misty NSFW

Description: Misty is 5 feet, 7 inches tall, with a slim almost delicate looking build. Her deep blue eyes seem to see everything around her. Even though she is a Tiefling, Misty can easy pass as a human, though with porcelain hued skin and white hair she would be exotic looking. She likes bright colored clothing as well as bright makeup. Being very pretty, Misty often seems to get attention from males and even females. The most unusual aspect if anyone ever notices is that she casts no shadow normally, save when she uses her witch powers and casts a hex. A shadow then appears, that is big with wings, horns, claws and a tail. Also her eyes glow red when she casts a hex.
Personality: Alizar de Har'eakle has a normal personality. A quiet but wicked sense of humor and a deep passion for things she really likes. She keeps a normal way of seeing the world [Neutral] but tends to do in the long run what is best for her. If that means helping with the sick or killing a downed foe, she does what is needed.
Quirks: She collects scrimshaw and currently has a few pieces stuck in with her gear. She likes to cook. Misty knows ships, not just as a sailor but what they can do and who has what ships and how they sail. She likes being clean either with hot baths or using her cantrips.
Sexuality: Heterosexual with strong bisexual aspects

History: Her family are a long line of merchants and sometime smugglers. The family ship was called 'Star Dancer'. After a bad season and attacks by pirates that destroyed most everything, Misty is adrift and looking. She has spent all her life on or around the ocean and loves being there.

Unknown Background

Legend has that Tieflings were the offspring of humans and fiends. One bloodline stood above the others. Sired by the greatest of the dark lords with a family of royal blood. Many powerful males were created, though it was the females of the line that was most unusual. Able pass for humans with pale skin and white hair, they were powerful witches. Those females were often taken as consorts or sex toys to the fiendish lords. The family line lead the rebellion against the dark lords helping to win the freedom for the Tieflings but at great cost. Every member of the bloodline was supposedly hunted down and destroyed. Yet clearly at least one escaped. Alizar de Har'eakle has no idea about any of this or that in some learned areas she might very well be considered at least a noble if not royalty. The fiendish lords would love to regain one of her kind as well since the legends speak of the passions within the pale skinned females.

Phaia

are the rest of ya all done yet? are you done yet? done yet ....
???
???
???
8-) ???
How bout now done yet?
??? ???
:o
::)
Are ya done yet?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Are ya all done yet?

https://youtu.be/0_Zvy5YXRds

TFcommando

Not yet!  Need to find a good pic, a good name, minmax stats a little less, check some other feats...

As a noble with high charisma and a lot of social skills, she might end up being the captain. Someone else might be the sailing master with the actual naval skills.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chulanowa

Still working on my spare :) I have a solid idea going in, I just need an image to make a final decision on. Failing that it's like "Screw it, lizardfolk fighter!"

Phaia

I have like 15 gigs of images collected what are you looking for?

Phaia

Chulanowa

That's... a lot of images.

I'm looking towards a Cleric / Druid / Shaman / Warpriest dedicated to Gozreh. Preferably darker-skinned, or "aquatic." The character in my head is trans, but I'm gonna use a female picture. I've got a few of my own, plus more blogs and albums online htan I really know what to do with  :-)

TFcommando

Taldans have Greek-esque coloration, sort of.... Thinking of finding some of the curvier Sailor Pluto fan art around.

Or, going against the usual sexy sorceress body type, something more thick/BBW (but still brazen and shameless in attitude).
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chulanowa

Quote from: TFcommando on March 20, 2016, 02:53:39 AM
Taldans have Greek-esque coloration, sort of.... Thinking of finding some of the curvier Sailor Pluto fan art around.

Or, going against the usual sexy sorceress body type, something more thick/BBW (but still brazen and shameless in attitude).

So something like...

No need to go down the dark path of anime when there's a whole world of delightful fantasy art already out there  ;D

DeviantMunster

Phaia

TFc and Chulan you may want to check this thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224233.0

Loads of arabian/darker skinned looks here.

Phaia

TFcommando

#4 is nice, though this is the sort of build I was picturing.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Phaia

Quote from: TFcommando on March 20, 2016, 11:06:17 AM
#4 is nice, though this is the sort of build I was picturing.

<just shakes her head>  ::) ::) ::) you boys are so so predictable. HUGE breasts and big hips!!
I am curious as to why so far not a single male is playing a male character?

Phaia

Chulanowa

Quote from: Phaia on March 20, 2016, 11:15:07 AM
<just shakes her head>  ::) ::) ::) you boys are so so predictable. HUGE breasts and big hips!!
I am curious as to why so far not a single male is playing a male character?

Phaia

Well, I was going with a character that is male on the chromosome level... working with the whole duality of Gozreh thing (the god is both male and female, storm and water, that sorta thing.) I find that females in fantasy art just tend to have more vatiety, while males are just like, all desperate power fantasy. Like WWE performers with emotional problems. Ever play WoW, see a male human mage? Dude looks like a truck in a bathrobe. The exception tend to me anime bishis. Finind a "middle ground" there is kinda tough!

Tamhansen

Was going to comment about playing a male, until I realised this was the thread I'm gm'ing not the one in which I'm hoping to play.

I'll finish the groups later today.
ons and offs

Phaia

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 20, 2016, 12:26:01 PM
Well, I was going with a character that is male on the chromosome level... working with the whole duality of Gozreh thing (the god is both male and female, storm and water, that sorta thing.) I find that females in fantasy art just tend to have more vatiety, while males are just like, all desperate power fantasy. Like WWE performers with emotional problems. Ever play WoW, see a male human mage? Dude looks like a truck in a bathrobe. The exception tend to me anime bishis. Finind a "middle ground" there is kinda tough!

Okay Chulanowa, I played the orginial EQ [and was told many times I was a guy in disguise since 'chicks don't play MMOs] so I kinda understand the idea of wanting to play a female there in MMO. There are a lot of really good male fantasy images out there these days. It was true some years back that  most of the males looked kinda ragged but I have seen very drool worthy fantasy males in a lot of places.

My question now is why the need to play an anime s**t? That image and almost all I see males use tend to be what I call anime s**ts or at least the ideal of what teenage fan boys see as that way. As a woman I try for real looking or at least a proper build for my characters. Granted many are very pretty but that is fine for fantasy or a game. To use your own view for me that image is a fan boy WWE Deva.

I find an image like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/418905202817051980/  far more sexy then anime...but then I loathe the anime bat wing ears that droop out to the sides!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/498421883737450427/ This link has some very hot looking males, fantasy and built for what they seem to be using, some lean and others very muscled.

Phaia

Phaia

Chulanowa

Quote from: Phaia on March 20, 2016, 03:50:26 PM
Okay Chulanowa, I played the orginial EQ [and was told many times I was a guy in disguise since 'chicks don't play MMOs] so I kinda understand the idea of wanting to play a female there in MMO. There are a lot of really good male fantasy images out there these days. It was true some years back that  most of the males looked kinda ragged but I have seen very drool worthy fantasy males in a lot of places.

My question now is why the need to play an anime s**t? That image and almost all I see males use tend to be what I call anime s**ts or at least the ideal of what teenage fan boys see as that way. As a woman I try for real looking or at least a proper build for my characters. Granted many are very pretty but that is fine for fantasy or a game. To use your own view for me that image is a fan boy WWE Deva.

I find an image like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/418905202817051980/  far more sexy then anime...but then I loathe the anime bat wing ears that droop out to the sides!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/498421883737450427/ This link has some very hot looking males, fantasy and built for what they seem to be using, some lean and others very muscled.

Phaia

I... I still play the original EQ. Project 1999, mostly I just run around and feel nostalgia as a standard action  ;D

I don't get the anime thing, myself. I prefer much more detail. I mean now and then I like some stuff that obviously draws from the anime / manga style (and it's next to impossible to avoid these days anyway) but there's still personality and detail there. Most straight-up anime images are very flat to me, like blank manikins whose personality is defined purely by the wig  and fashion accessories. If I'm gonna be looking at outlandisly-proportioned ladies in improbable clothing, at least give me some Clyde Caldwell or Frank Franzetta!

Neat link! I see a few that are worth popping into a folder there, and on the "Arabian Nights" thread ya linked before.

Phaia

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 20, 2016, 04:38:35 PM
I... I still play the original EQ. Project 1999, mostly I just run around and feel nostalgia as a standard action  ;D

Were you around for the attack on Kerafyrm the sleeper? I was on a different server but can remember seeing the full region posts and stopping what I am others were doing to follow along and cheer!! Then making sure to log in a newbie a couple of nights later into server to cheer on the guilds in the second and final attempt to kill the unkillable!

Those were the times and EQ always had such good looking male and female avis compared two later games like EQ2.

Phaia

DeviantMunster

Hrm hrm. True true.
But sometimes people like flashy, I think.
I remember Dark Ages of Camelot getting a lotta flak for every outfit looking so perfectly modest.

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Chulanowa

Quote from: Phaia on March 20, 2016, 05:38:43 PM
Were you around for the attack on Kerafyrm the sleeper? I was on a different server but can remember seeing the full region posts and stopping what I am others were doing to follow along and cheer!! Then making sure to log in a newbie a couple of nights later into server to cheer on the guilds in the second and final attempt to kill the unkillable!

Those were the times and EQ always had such good looking male and female avis compared two later games like EQ2.

Phaia

I participated! For like, three hours of it. Rallos Zek used to be my "primary" server, up until the mergers started.
/nerdcred

Phaia

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 20, 2016, 06:26:34 PM
I participated! For like, three hours of it. Rallos Zek used to be my "primary" server, up until the mergers started.
/nerdcred

:o :o :o definate nerd cred I have to clap for you for that! I was on chazic thule in a dark elf female roleplay guild at the time!!

Well done! We cheered in the regions and though I made a newbie for your server I never even got close to the fight but was in freeport reading the play by play.

Phaia

Tamhansen

Okay. So I've kind of arrived at an impasse. I have 10 prospective players, and a bit of difficulty dividing them in groups the way I want to. Therefor i want to propose the following.

I will pick the six that make the best team in my opinion and start them off this week.

I'll then leave this board open for a week or so, with a directed search of filling out the other team, if not filled by then I will revert the scenario back to the original 4 player game for them.

So team 2 that I'll start work on right now.

Phaia
Mysterica
Deviantmunster
Autocad
Grizzly
Rubyslippers

That gives me the right balance to have them survive.

The other team would then be
Darkprince
TFCommando
Chulanowa
Freeko

An antipaladin, a sorceress and an alchemist. Also a very good basis to start a team, which will give Chula a better idea what he wants to be I hope.
ons and offs

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 21, 2016, 11:58:25 AM
Okay. So I've kind of arrived at an impasse. I have 10 prospective players, and a bit of difficulty dividing them in groups the way I want to. Therefor i want to propose the following.

I will pick the six that make the best team in my opinion and start them off this week.

I'll then leave this board open for a week or so, with a directed search of filling out the other team, if not filled by then I will revert the scenario back to the original 4 player game for them.

So team 2 that I'll start work on right now.

Phaia
Mysterica
Deviantmunster
Autocad
Grizzly
Rubyslippers

That gives me the right balance to have them survive.

The other team would then be
Darkprince
TFCommando
Chulanowa
Freeko

An antipaladin, a sorceress and an alchemist. Also a very good basis to start a team, which will give Chula a better idea what he wants to be I hope.

Can we get someplace to post characters?

Phaia

TFcommando

Had a notion I wanted to check on... Using the race creation rules to make a former human who is now part Naga, snake tail instead of legs.  The same background, a Taldan noble sorceress, but cursed/polymorphed/mutated somehow, which keeps her from returning home.  Not 100 percent sure I'd go with it, or even if it's practical/useful, but still curious.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chulanowa

Quote from: TFcommando on March 21, 2016, 03:24:36 PM
Had a notion I wanted to check on... Using the race creation rules to make a former human who is now part Naga, snake tail instead of legs.  The same background, a Taldan noble sorceress, but cursed/polymorphed/mutated somehow, which keeps her from returning home.  Not 100 percent sure I'd go with it, or even if it's practical/useful, but still curious.

Nothing wrong with sticking with a human. 'Course you could play off of it. Viper familiar, uses lots of polymorph spells, keeps batting her eyes at the vishkanya alchemist we are gonna have... Work into that lamia monstergirl image you're looking at  >:)

So we've got snake fetishist sorceress, Poisony McPoisonerson the alchemist, and Rovagug's delivery service. That's... a hell of a moral compass, there.

It's been a long day, mythweavers is down, and I got work in a few hours, so... I'll think on it  :-)

freeko

Well, I am just about ready to withdraw my second character. Probably better to simply focus on the one I have. With the way this group is (not) shaping up, I would lose interest quite quickly.

My character is a follower, and there is nothing worthy of following. Mostly defeats the purpose of the character.

TFcommando

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 22, 2016, 02:58:48 AM
Nothing wrong with sticking with a human. 'Course you could play off of it. Viper familiar, uses lots of polymorph spells, keeps batting her eyes at the vishkanya alchemist we are gonna have... Work into that lamia monstergirl image you're looking at  >:)

So we've got snake fetishist sorceress, Poisony McPoisonerson the alchemist, and Rovagug's delivery service. That's... a hell of a moral compass, there.

It's been a long day, mythweavers is down, and I got work in a few hours, so... I'll think on it  :-)

Tried messing with the race-building system and it didn't jump out at me with "Hey, this is fun!" for a naga/lamia type.  So I'll stick with human, and just a fetishist-fetishist.  Taldans are steeped in decadence, right? :)  Lawful Neutral, so sticking to the code and rules, as they may be... and she might end up being the captain, having natural leadership ability and personal power.  The sort of captain who the crew rallies behind, with someone else as the sailing master who actually steers the ship.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

mellowdude

Room for one more? Not sure yet (about either whether or not I'm entering as I'm already in the other game and really should procrastinate less, and also what to enter with), but I'm currently thinking Cleric or Druid.

RubySlippers

I'm pulling out of game two, I'm not fond of my character concept and won't have time to redesign or do a remake without holding the game start back that's not fair to the others.

Chulanowa

Well, if group 3 is going kaput and there's a free space in 2, I should have something up for 2 by the end of the evening  ;D

freeko

Darkprince deserves that spot well before either of us do.

Hexed

Okay, I might be missing something with the dropouts. But if a third group is still being planned I'd be willing to toss my hat in. While I like and prefer spellcasters I'm willing to try out whatever role the party still lacks.

Phaia

Not sure what is going on with the 2nd group. So far from what I have seen there seems to be a shortage of divine casters. Team 2 has a witch [me] and a bard, a ranger, a rogue and a barbarian.
I am not sure who is left or looking.

Phaia

TFcommando

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in