Inn of the fragmented crossroads...

Started by Mayakterra, March 10, 2011, 11:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetcandy4

Candy considered her question and she was quiet for a while. Then she nodded, "Yeah...I think there were peasants, merchants, Kings and Queens...all of them interacting with one another. The peasants seemed to be struggling to get enough money to live."

sazzie

"So class had something to do with this obvisouly, and I think Victoria can't see it because she is one of the high classed people herself...As if there's a message just for our class only," I then look at Victoria, she's too nice though to seem as if she could any harm.

eaglecrisis

"It must have something to do with class, but then why am I here? A high class person mixed with a bunch of low class who are stuck in an Inn? And I don't mean that in a bad way, either. I just wonder... I must be here for a reason, but then maybe it was an accident that I'm here. Or maybe I was summoned here to help you all. As far as I know, I'm the only high class person here. Although X seems to be as well, but I wouldn't know. I just don't know his race."
"L e t   m e   l i v e   m y   l i f e
a s   I   w a n t   f o r   a t   i t s   e n d
i t   i s   I   w h o   m u s t   d i e."

sazzie

I shrug and sit down ontop of a table and twirl the card around a bit. "So, what do you two want to do? Split up or stay together?"

eaglecrisis

"We could cover more ground if we split up, but we don't know what is around here. Maybe we should stick together, I think. I don't want this to end up like a bad horror movie." She giggles as she thinks about all of the horror movies she has watched where people split up just to end up all dying. It seemed to be a huge cliche in horror movies.

sazzie

My ears go the opposite way as she says this, the left one going right, the right one going left. I then nod in agreement, "Yeah, I suppose that may be the smartest, especially if you can't see the lights," I say and my ears perk down, feeling kind of bad for having to admit it.

eaglecrisis

"Do you want to split up? I mean, if you wanna go explore on your own then that's fine. I don't wanna force you to stay by my side the entire time."

sazzie

I shake my head really fast back and forth, "No, No! Stay with me!" I say and smile, grabbing her arm softly.

eaglecrisis

Victoria giggles. "Alright, I suppose we should look upstairs first? Or downstairs? I'm curious as to why I've been here for three days yet never noticed that door over there where the card came from..."

sazzie

I wonder why Victoria always laughs at me, I then feel my ears and tail...Wondering if that's why. "I suppose downstairs, if thats what keeps your interest?" I ask and start walking in that direction.

eaglecrisis

Victoria walks beside Sazzie as they make their way downstairs. She can't help but watch Sazzies tail wag as she walks. "I've just never seen a.. human-cat before. It's quite cute, and interesting. I'd love to visit the place you come from one day. I'm sure it would be awesome to be surrounded by lots of cute cats!"

sazzie

I stop where I'm walking, "Just don't ever say that were cats around the others...They get quite offended...Say Manga-Cats; I know its not that much of a difference, but to our race...It is," I say letting out a deep gust of air.

eaglecrisis

Victoria nods. She doesn't usually think before she talks. "I'll remember that." She comes upon a staircase leading down and steps back. "You first?"

sazzie

This lady is scared huh. Interesting. "Sure, I smile," The stairs creak each stair I go down. The cellar sits in complete, darkness. All sound was gone. I feel around for a light switch and pull it down. As light fills up the room I gasp, it was completely empty except for a non glowing up insignia.

eaglecrisis

The light turns on and Victoria sees the insignia. "Is this one glowing? I can see it. Does it match the other?"

sazzie

I look back at Victoria in surprise, "It does...but its not glowing up...So, i'm wondering if these go in chronological order?" I step on the insignia and nothing happens, "I think were supposed to look for lit up ones first?"

eaglecrisis

"Maybe... so I guess we should leave and come back? Maybe only the glowing ones have cards to give out."

sweetcandy4

Candy wasn't so sure that class had something to do with this whole thing, but the coincidence did made her wonder. She watched the girls chat back and forth between each other. She shrugged her shoulders at their disregard for what she wanted to do. She snapped her fingers, "Ice cream sundae, please." Her eyes widened when she saw cookies and cream icecream covered in cherries and crushed up oreo. "Mmmmm!" She picked up a spoon and began eating happily as she waited for X to either come back or respond to what has happened so far.

Mayakterra

X replied to victoria after a long bout of dazing off into space, mixing mushroom wine with mead will do that to you.

"They change from family to family and brood to brood, some tell they live under your bead and snatch children up who are awake late at night, others will come and eat children who haven't grown strong from eating their ice cream, whipped topping or chocolate sauce at dinner. Others they say are magical creatures that play harps and frolick in giant caves of lights." He shruggs as he takes another drink of his mead "A load of nonsense, fairly tales. I've traveled a bit an' met a few different types of people... but never humans."

He considers the language question for a moment "It could be were speaking the same language but called it different things, but I ain't really sure" He looks to the others examining the symbol on the door, though he himself cannot see it "I don't know what class your talkin about, but I don't see no symbols either."

sazzie

I walk over to the blue man and take the card out with the symbol on it as well, "But...can you read this language? It says something about the path of light." I then look at him. "We think finding these cards has to go in chronological order," I say hoping that the blue man can help.

Mayakterra

X looks at the card taking it in his hand and holding it up in the air examining it...

"Yeah I have seen these before, I know there some o the richer families that use these things. They're instructions for finding stuff, like a treasure map I guess. Some familys might leave an inheritance for their kid when they got to leave, but he's too young for it. They'll leave these cards hidden amongst their caves, tombs, and bowls so that as they learn about their family and their job, he gets closer to the end. Each one has some part of the final task, when he gets them all he can follow the instructions to assemble his inheritance, I'm not sure how that works or where it goes when they hide it, but sometimes they can hide chests, books, or even an entire castle some times" he drank more of his drink "This one seems to be a hint to get to the next cards, path of light... I'm guessing theres something else to be found following light, either the door you opened or those symbols you can see"

sazzie

I smile at X and wag my tail back and forth, "How come you and Victoria can't see the insignias though?" my ears perk down, "Because its hard to know where to go next!"

Mayakterra

"Ever think maybe that was a clue just fer you? It very well could be that your the only one who sees em for a reason" he finishes his mead and sets the mug on the bar.

"Much better, that really hit the spot"

sazzie

I look toward Candy who is still eating her ice cream, "But she could see it too, she's the first one to find that card," I then put my hand up to my chin as if in deep thought.

sweetcandy4

Candy smiles as she happily eats her ice cream. She licks the spoon and enjoys the delicious sweetness on her tongue. She listens to the others talk about the card. She's somewhat disappointed to learn that the card doesn't really give them the information that they seek. She looked around the Inn to see if she could find anymore of the lit insigna. Her eyes blink when she see's a trail going up the stairs. She looks at the others, quietly waiting to see if they see it first.