Under Siege (Captured City Fantasy Freeform, LGBTQ and Hetero Friendly)

Started by Deamonbane, January 11, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf

I don't have a problem with Feldor having an apprentice, but being the son of the invader would make trust a bit of an issue. Could be interesting. Considering I described him as being a fantasy Jedi and his primary weapon is a wand of force, it fits.

BeckyAnn, that definitely sounds like an interesting and useful character. Hope your are feeling better soon.

I think Shea is great, I can see her and Feldor spending many hours of just meditating together.

Kendra

sorry for not being around here yesterday, rl is crazy as ever.
will try to sort out my character sheet for here within the next day or two.
but this is the image as using for my elf blacksmith :-)

Blacksmith

Elf

Kendra, that has got to be the hottest blacksmith I have ever seen. Feldor is probably going to be needing new daggers on a very regular basis.

LuciferOs

That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Kendra

LuciferOs

That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Euron Greyjoy

This piqued my interest enough to get me interested in writing again so I have to thank you two for that. If my muse wills it I should have a CS done shortly.
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

la dame en noir

Sooo Dragon Age: Inquisition has been distracting me...i'm currently on my 2nd playthrough.

I have my character profile sitting in a post reply post and i'm just staring at the personality...
I hate when i have writers block.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Kendra

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 13, 2015, 02:55:15 AM
where do people find pics like that ?
where do you search ?

I just googled female blacksmith >.<

is there a particular look you are going for?

Elf

Quote from: Kendra on January 13, 2015, 02:50:09 AM
lmao

glad you guys approve then :P

Of course we approve, but we are not the ones you really need to impress.

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 13, 2015, 03:05:07 AM
Sooo Dragon Age: Inquisition has been distracting me...i'm currently on my 2nd playthrough.

I have my character profile sitting in a post reply post and i'm just staring at the personality...
I hate when i have writers block.
I hear that, writers block really sucks especially when there is something you really want to write.

Quote from: Euron Greyjoy on January 13, 2015, 03:03:02 AM
This piqued my interest enough to get me interested in writing again so I have to thank you two for that. If my muse wills it I should have a CS done shortly.
Welcome.

la dame en noir

still working on it! D:

la dame en noir

Character Name: Oshun Leliana Fastos
Alliance: (Rebellion, Royals, Barbarians)
Title: Assassin
Face Claim: Nicole Beharie
Other Images:
Face claim
Assassin of the Wilds

::General::

--Appearance--
Race: Human
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 135 lbs (toned muscle)
Hair Color: Black/Brownish
Eye Color: Dark honey brown
Sexual Preference: Pansexual
Distinguishing Marks: Oshun has white marks that cover her arms, legs and back.
Items:
Daggers
Dance outfit

::Character::

Personality:
Biggest Fear: (Please try and think of one that will fit your character)
Talents/Flaws: (What is the one or few things your character is good/bad at?)
Mage: (yes/no)
Used spells: (has a lot to do with the personality of the character)
History: (At least five paragraphs, longer if the character is exceptionally old)
O/O's: (Link or character list of O/O's)
Et Ceteras: (Details about the character that don't fall under any of the other categories)
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Euron Greyjoy

My temporary face claim is Jason Momoa  ::)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

Viper

Euron Greyjoy

Play your cards right and he'll be the queen's bodyguard  :P I'm torn between being a barbarian general, adviser, or bodyguard/champion.

Viper

Well we already have elf as the right hand advisor of the queen. But I will be playing a barbarian as well... in which...I would love to catch Jason momoa in his warriors garb....* drools* I think your character would be awesome as a barbarian!! XD

BeckyAnnn

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 12, 2015, 11:28:43 PM
sounds like an interesting character BeckyAnnn - get well !

Not very interesting.  Probably will be the most boring character in the game.  I have this thing for the common folk.

(and it just took me four tries to type the word "character."  Maybe I need to go back to bed....lol)

Deamonbane

Shia Rellathem
Quote from: LuciferOs on January 12, 2015, 11:10:27 PM

LuciferOs

Character Name: Shea Rillathem
Alliance: Royals
Title: ArchMage
Face Claim: N/A
Other Images: None

--Appearance--
Race: Elf
Height: 5'11
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Gold
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Distinguishing Marks: Flawless Pearl colored skin
Items

Shea wears magical attire that heals scars, repels insects and keeps her body clean.
Her magical necklace ensures she can stay at room temperature in all but extreme weather conditions.
Shea also owns a magical staff, the Staff of Ostrin, the most powerful magical object in her possession. Her staff can exude an ankle deep mist that decomposes bodies to dust while giving extracted life force as a healing energy to any in the mist who are still alive.
On her hip Shea carries an engraved water canteen as well as a pouch-purse filled with what gold she has.

Personality

Needy of results and easy to insult, Shea is a frustrated woman.  Being a hermaphrodite, and attracted to women, she has had little in the way of role models concerning how she can manage her sexuality socially, she believes that most women would consider her differences off-putting, something that deeply unsettles this ArchMage when in the company of attractive women of any race.  As a result Shea has taken to meditation to find corners of her mind where such things can be accepted and has refined telekinesis to compensate for her lack of ease in most social circumstances.

Shea seldom laughs and is very envious of those that can easily find ease through humor, worse still, her focus on her differences has prevented her being able to share the jest of others jokes, and as a result is often seen as too serious by those that may otherwise suit her. Although Shea does come from a respectable linage of Mages, she is very self conscious of her own gender and sexuality. Times where she has tried to address her wants have come over as awkward and foolish which has further isolated her.

She has refined manners and follows typical etiquette as well as most royalty.

Biggest Fear: Being publicly laughed at due to her gender and her sexual desires.
Talents/Flaws:

Telekinesis
Discern Enchantments
Flaws: Easy to insult.

Mage: Yes
Used Spells

Telekinesis

Although potent in warfare also, this skill does require focus and if Shea is scared or panics she may easily loose her concentration. Shea does have decent meditation skills however, so circumstances where she drops the ball would likely be if there is a loud noise that was unexpected. During skirmishes she is best utilized out of  the frey providing protective barriers to those who are needy of them. Shea needs time to change what she does  with this ability, and can't change her options as fast as a warrior can.

Discern Enchantment

This is a skill Shea can only manage if she has time to study an object, she can't manage it on sight.

History

Shea was born in Bylybyian, on the winters solace in 367 Post Rebellion.

During the first 50 years of her life she was educated in the ways of nature as well as the complicated language the elves are expected to master. After which Shea's parents ensured she adopted a broader education under the tutelage of Frenlel Sorthran, a very wise sage well respected by the elvish community. Frenlel expanded Shea's awareness to include history,  religion, logistics, mathematics and classical elvish literature.

On becoming 70 Shea realized she was very different to what was described in romance scrolls she found in the library,  and on further talking to her parents as well as Frenlel, who all tried to dismiss the topic, developed a feeling of being isolated and alone with her sexual condition.

The need to be something other than a complex mixture of wants that none seemed to have room for overcame shea, and shortly thereafter studies became tiresome and more irrelevant. On seeing this Frenlel introduced Shea to teachers of magic, and before her issues could cause irretrievable harm, an outlet was found.

At 80 her knack for telekinesis was evident, and Shea took great effort to read all spells associated with moving objects at a distance, making magical invisible walls, and even controlling others bodies using spoken magical incarnations or strange gestures of the hand and wrist.

Before she was 100 she was helping students who were learning the strange spells and earning money from helping them pass difficult tests the mages gave students. This couldn't go unnoticed forever, and at 123 she was caught helping others pass by the mage council who immediately scolded her and confiscated all items she owned as punishment. The circumstance was more than frowned on by the elders who requested her to leave the city if she thought herself above obeying its traditions.

Although the duration of her time in exile shortly ran its course, Shea thought to see more of the world in hope her nature would fit in with cultures that were not so proud.

Cydilla was a natural calling, especially considering that it was a key milestone for excellent trade routes.

Shea found work immediately helping builders move heavy stones using telekinesis in circumstances where pulleys or sheer strength would be foolish. After some time a curator of an art-museum of Cydilla saw her potential and sort Shea for employment doing similar work but moving culturally precious artifacts and artworks from room to room when exhibits changed.

Once employed by the museum, her talents became well known and soon she was sort not only to teach telekinesis and meditation to other mages, but to also aid in the construction of magical items. While working for the latter Shea developed an ability to see weavings of enchantments and fathom what enchanted items could do, those that were unstable and how to employ the enchantments. Although others were better at this skill, it was rare and her services to divine the nature of objects soon added to her income.

In 501 became a permanent resident of the upper-class of Cydilla.

Some of the money she earns pays others in Bylybyian for copies of magical scrolls to send her way, but most of it was saved to buy magical items that complement her skills. Shea had purchased her necklace and magical attire though these means.

Between 501 and 716, for over two hundred years, Shea lived a life of luxury and enjoyed the benefits money could buy. During this time Shea refined telekinesis further to be stronger and also cast without spoken incarnations or elaborate guestures. Simply by thinking the spells became enough for Shea to manage most feats with the ability.

Due to her time at the museum of Cydilla, and occasional employment by nobles to fathom the nature of discovered artifacts when other who normally would do so were unobtainable, Shea is well known to most, and although not a noble herself, does rub shoulders with them often enough to be on a first name basis with many of them.

Shea does respect the queen, and although she has little to do with her, can recognize her and her linage on sight.

On the fateful day of 717, Shea was approached by a section of the royal guard to help smuggle powerful magical objects out of the dungeons and away from where the conquerors could find them. The mission was made in haste and was partially successful, some of the more awkward sized magical objects were left, but all other items were removed.

Shea's staff is one of the objects the royal guards agreed to leave with Shea, the rest the royal guard have hidden in caches for a time when the queen is freed.

O/O's: My ons and offs

Et Ceteras: Has not owned a slave and doesn't believe in slavery.
Looks great, but just remember to send it via PM to both me and Viper to be accepted and added to the character roster!

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 12, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
-is possibly interested-
*tacklehugs the Mad Prof*

Quote from: Ontan on January 12, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Definitely interested in this. I'm just trying to decide whether to write up a character, or bookmark it for reading  ;)
Either way, make yourself at home!

Quote from: Deathnote on January 12, 2015, 11:51:24 PM
If it's alright with Deamonbane and Elf, I'd like to create a character who happens to be the estranged son of the Barbarian King and the padawan apprentice of Feldor Kelmaric.  Yes... it's very Star Wars, I know.  :p
Hmmm I wouldn't be entirely against that, although considering that the barbarian king would have taken his father's place when he was twenty, your character would have to be 19 or younger, to avoid paradoxes.

Quote from: Euron Greyjoy on January 13, 2015, 03:03:02 AM
Welcome, Ser Greyjoy!

Character is looking good, La Dame! And Jason Momoa cannot be left out of a Barbarian Rp *grins*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Viper

Quote from: Deathnote on January 12, 2015, 11:51:24 PM
If it's alright with Deamonbane and Elf, I'd like to create a character who happens to be the estranged son of the Barbarian King and the padawan apprentice of Feldor Kelmaric.  Yes... it's very Star Wars, I know.  :p
Sounds interesting deathnote! But agree with bane, also he would be a bastard sun as the barbarian king is not wed to his mother XD

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 12, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
-is possibly interested-

Hey Madame!! e would love to have you!!!* throws glitter*

Quote from: Ontan on January 12, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Definitely interested in this. I'm just trying to decide whether to write up a character, or bookmark it for reading  ;)

Either way... its probably gonna be one heck of a ride!!!

BeckyAnnn

To anyone who may have read this before, I made two changes to what I had originally posted.  First is I removed her surname as no one really knows who she is or where she came from.  Also I added a little distinguishing characteristic to her eyes.

No longer a "Work In Progress"but a work completed

BeckyAnnn

Character Name: Delinora (Nora)
Title: Palace servant
Face Claim: none

--Appearance--
Height: 5'4
Weight: 117
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green/blue
Sexual Preference: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks: Nora has one green eye and one blue eye.  The cause is unknown and her vision is perfect but it is a trait that, if one notices, can be somewhat disconcerting to some.
Items: Dress is of a simple halter style that ties behind the neck, similar to what many of the royal servants wear.  She has recently begun wearing a simple bracelet from an unknown source.  She carries no weapons while serving the royals but has a small dagger strapped to her right thigh when she goes out into the city.  There is a criminal element after all.  But would she really know how to use it if the need arose? Debatable.

Personality: Nora is pleasant but quiet.  Having grown up serving the royal family in a multicultural city and interacting daily with individuals of the different races, she is very accepting of all peoples.  Well, except for orcs, which she has an almost paralyzing fear of. 

Her appearance, the two different color eyes, has caused her some scorn over time so she can be shy and distrusting of strangers, whatever their race.  But to those who manage to gain her trust and treat her well, she is loyal to a fault.  Nora is very intelligent but because she doesn't say much, to most she is a simple servant girl.

Nora's greatest ambition is to serve her queen and the royal family until the day she dies.  To some, that may not seem much of an ambition but to someone like Nora, life inside the palace, even as a servant, is better than the life outside those walls.

Biggest Fear: Disappointing the queen or others she serves...oh, and orcs.

Talents/Flaws: Nora is quiet and unassuming which allows her to go mostly unnoticed if she wants.  Because she has a talent to be able to practically fade into whatever setting she is in, she is often called upon to be the server during council meetings or other state functions, moving around the table, filling wine glasses when need be without drawing any attention to herself or her movements. 
Though Nora carries a dagger when moving about the city she has no combat skills and would be hard pressed to protect herself if she needed to. 

Mage: No

Used spells: None

History: It was Artuis Morhana who discovered the girl some nine years earlier.  Artuis was an elderly merchant trader and occasional adviser to the the queen, and by adviser we mean informant.  Artuis traveled extensively and would bring back news or rumors he picked up along the way to the queen if he thought the tidbit might be useful.  Let's face it.  Even the most erroneous rumor usually has a basis somewhere in truth and is therefore worth being aware of.

It was on one of these merchant expeditions that Artuis found himself, quite by accident (or so he claims), in the middle of a slavers' auction.  The girl caught his eye almost immediately.  On display with other slaves about to be put on the block, her appearance was causing quite a stir.  Her eyes frightened some and they called her a demon, though others were quick to point out that a demon would not be able to be held by chains made by human hands.  Others declared her to be diseased and that she would infect all those who would come into contact with her.  Even the other slaves tried to distance themselves from her.

But Artuis was wise and his years of travel had shown him many things.  He took pity on the girl who the own told him was eight years old at the time.  Artuis was not convinced as the child seemed small for her age.  But he had no choice but to take the man at his word.  Artuis bought her and took her with him.

But what was he to do with her?  How could a man who touted his wares by drawing customers in, keep a slave who frightened them away?  The answer was, he could not.  But the old merchant had many connections and came up with the perfect solution, which he was sure would provide the child with a safe and secure future.

Artuis took the child to Cydilla and presented her as an exotic gift to the queen.  Now slavery was not strictly forbidden in Cydilla but it wasn't highly regarded either.  But the queen had compassion on the youngster and excepted the old merchant's gift.  The next day the queen granted the child her freedom and at the same time offered her a place among the palace staff.  She would be a servant, yes, but she would be free.  She would live and work in the palace where she would earn her room and board as well as a modest wage on top of that.  And that is story of how the young one came to be in the service of the Cydillian nobles.

At present, Nora is a trusted member of staff.  She is supremely loyal to her queen, who ultimately granted her the life she has, and to those closest to the queen.  And her superb hearing and her almost uncanny ability to be seen but not regarded has allowed her to, on more than one occasion, to alert the queen to possible treachery both within the palace and out.

O/O's: Becky's O/Os  Though I am generally opposed to character death, if things go as I envision I can see how Nora's actions might cost her her life.

Et Ceteras: (Details about the character that don't fall under any of the other categories)

Viper

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on January 13, 2015, 10:40:08 AM
Work In Progress

BeckyAnnn

Character Name: Delinora Asper (Nora)
Title: Palace servant
Face Claim: none

--Appearance--
Height: 5'4
Weight: 117
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Sexual Preference: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks:
Items: Dress is of a simple halter style that ties behind the neck, similar to what many of the royal servants wear.  She has recently begun wearing a simple bracelet from an unknown source.  She carries no weapons while serving the royals but has a small dagger strapped to her right thigh when she goes out into the city.  There is a criminal element after all.  But would she really know how to use it if the need arose? Debatable.

Personality: Nora is pleasant but quiet.  Having grown up serving the royal family in a multicultural city and interacting daily with individuals of the different races, she is very accepting of all peoples.  Well, except for orcs, which she has an almost paralyzing fear of. 
Biggest Fear: Disappointing the queen or others she serves...oh, and orcs.
Talents/Flaws: Nora is quiet and unassuming which allows her to go mostly unnoticed if she wants.  Because she has a talent to be able to practically fade into whatever setting she is in, she is often called upon to be the server during council meetings or other state functions, moving around the table, filling wine glasses when need be without drawing any attention to herself or her movements. 
Though Nora carries a dagger when moving about the city she has no combat skills and would be hard pressed to protect herself if she needed to. 
Mage: No
Used spells: None
History: (At least five paragraphs, longer if the character is exceptionally old)
O/O's: Becky's O/Os  Though I am generally opposed to character death, if things go as I envision I can how Nora's actions might cost her her life.

I like it so far! Cant wait to see the finished product!

All the applications so far have been wonderfully diverse! I definitely liking what I am seeing! *does a little dance* XD XD

Lynnette

Ugh, I'm really at a standstill, I'm struggling with finding images I'm approving of, and I don't want to start writing my sheet(s) before I find something that I find appealing. Been such a long time since I've been on a hunt for something that isn't just art, I'm way too picky for my own good...
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Deamonbane

Alrighty... some more in-depth details on magic have been added to the World Thread, and Viper is working on the Beastiary, or a list of the various cute and cuddly monsters of mayhem and destruction that one would find on the Continent, while I am working on the more specific locations to be found in Cydilla, as well as the cities and towns of the Continent.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post them here or send them to Miss Viper or Myself.

Edit: Also, Nowherewoman's character, Shienne d'Assnaye, has been officially accepted and can be found on the second post of this thread by interested parties!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Viper

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on January 13, 2015, 11:36:16 AM
Ugh, I'm really at a standstill, I'm struggling with finding images I'm approving of, and I don't want to start writing my sheet(s) before I find something that I find appealing. Been such a long time since I've been on a hunt for something that isn't just art, I'm way too picky for my own good...

If you give me a list of qualities(hair color, eye color, species) and what type of picture you want (ie. CG art, RL pictures, models, non models, cosplay, anime ect.) I can help you and find examples you might use, I happen to be good at finding picture references....XD

Lynnette

Quote from: Viper on January 13, 2015, 11:57:41 AM
If you give me a list of qualities(hair color, eye color, species) and what type of picture you want (ie. CG art, RL pictures, models, non models, cosplay, anime ect.) I can help you and find examples you might use, I happen to be good at finding picture references....XD

I don't normally have trouble finding images myself, though I normally reach a standstill when it comes to using actors/models. There's just something about it that slightly discomforts me about using images myself, I don't mind others using them, but there's just something slightly discomforting to me at least by using them. Seeing that there is becoming a slightly uneven mix now of actors/models and CG-art etc, I'll might just go with something I have stored up somewhere, but I dunno. Thank you for your offer, but I'll just have to answer thanks but no thanks, a lot of making a character to me comes from the source image, it wouldn't do me much good if someone else found it for me.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Viper

Elf has been approved! See second post for character sheet!

I will be posting ratios and such momentarily, I am currently working on the beasts and pets roster, and also dragging my ass writing the queen's profile! XD

@ReaperDouble0
I totally understand and I hope you have luck hunting!