Hulu Question?{Resolved}

Started by DemonessOfDeathValley, November 06, 2015, 04:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemonessOfDeathValley

I've been toying with the notion of getting Hulu. But I can't really find any significant information about the actual content of the service. When I google it, all I find are adds for the service, their app, free trial, etc... Or the reviews of the service. While trying to find out about content, I did find the page showing clips of some of the shows that are offered. And I saw that only five episodes of the Simpsons are offered with the free trial, then eight days later, five more episodes are offered. Under that statement, it says that "Only five episodes can be posted at a time".

I'm deeply confused. When someone buys a subscription to Hulu Plus, do they only get five episodes every eight days of a certain series? Or is are there more episodes available depending upon which series it is. Because I have noticed certain seasons missing on Amazon of various TV Series. The Simpsons are one of those.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Kye

Currently running series that are on hulu update the day after they air with the new episode.  A lot of them only have the most recent five episodes available.  If you get a free account you can look through what is offered and it will show you what's part of the paid service and what's not, that's the best way to figure out if it's worth it for you.  Sometimes they have entire series or specific seasons of a series on for a time, but those change occasionally.  There is also a new upgrade service that costs more to add Showtime's programming to Hulu.  I don't have cable service and it's worth the money for me.  Between Hulu, Netflix and Amazon I'm pretty well covered.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: Kyrsa on November 06, 2015, 05:31:16 PM
Currently running series that are on hulu update the day after they air with the new episode.  A lot of them only have the most recent five episodes available.  If you get a free account you can look through what is offered and it will show you what's part of the paid service and what's not, that's the best way to figure out if it's worth it for you.  Sometimes they have entire series or specific seasons of a series on for a time, but those change occasionally.  There is also a new upgrade service that costs more to add Showtime's programming to Hulu.  I don't have cable service and it's worth the money for me.  Between Hulu, Netflix and Amazon I'm pretty well covered.

Thank you very much for answering, Kyrsa. I appreciate it. I already have Netflix and Amazon. So I was wondering if Hulu was worth the money.

BAMF

This is kinda dumb, but I like the reality TV selection with Hulu. They've even got WWE Smackdown & Raw episodes...back to like... 2013? So like some shows have 3-4 seasons of stuff plus the new stuff as it comes out (Project Runway frex). Some shows there's all of it (Dragonball)... It's kind of a mixed bag, but its strong suit is TV as opposed to Netflix's movies.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Kye

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on November 06, 2015, 05:53:41 PM
Thank you very much for answering, Kyrsa. I appreciate it. I already have Netflix and Amazon. So I was wondering if Hulu was worth the money.

My pleasure! I'm glad I could help.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Quote from: BAMF on November 06, 2015, 06:46:48 PM
This is kinda dumb, but I like the reality TV selection with Hulu. They've even got WWE Smackdown & Raw episodes...back to like... 2013? So like some shows have 3-4 seasons of stuff plus the new stuff as it comes out (Project Runway frex). Some shows there's all of it (Dragonball)... It's kind of a mixed bag, but its strong suit is TV as opposed to Netflix's movies.

Thank you BAMF. I enjoy Reality TV a lot myself annnnd the WWE thing clinches it for me. :)

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«