Werewolf: the Forsaken 2e (+ Changeling) (LGBT-friendly)

Started by TheKhan, September 30, 2018, 11:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

Howdy. I haven't been around for a long time, but I was curious if anyone would be interested in playing an episodic game of Werewolf: the Forsaken Second Edition?

Gameline: Werewolf: the Foresaken (and tentatively Changeling: the Lost)
Genre: Horror
Setting: Tentatively Detroit
Rating: Bondage - Exotic. I'm not explicitly planning for lots of bondage, but I'm erring on the side of caution. Likewise, I'm planning on the focus to be on the story first, with intimate scenes where appropriate.
Dice Roller:http://lapo.it/rpg/dadi.php?

Werewolf Character Sheet

Attributes: Intelligence , Wits , Resolve ; Strength , Dexterity , Stamina ; Presence , Manipulation , Composure
Skills:
Merits:
Willpower:
Aspirations:
Initiative:
Defense:
Size:
Speed:
Health:
Harmony:
Touchstones:
Bone:
Blood:
Aspirations:
Initiative:
Defense:
Size:
Speed:
Health:
Primal Urge:
Essence/per Turn:
Gifts:
Rites:

Changeling Character Sheet

Seeming:
Kith:
Court:
Attributes: Intelligence , Wits , Resolve ; Strength , Dexterity , Stamina ; Presence , Manipulation , Composure
Skills:
Merits:
Willpower:
Current/Maximum Clarity:
Needle:
Thread:
Touchstones:
Aspirations:
Initiative:
Defense:
Size:
Speed:
Health:
Wyrd:
Glamour/per Turn:
Frailties:
Favored Regalia:
Contracts:

Let me know if you are interested or have suggestions!

TheKhan

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 01, 2018, 06:47:07 PM
Are pcs only to be werewolves?
Depends. I'm certainly open to other splats, and the ones I've paired with the setting above are certainly meant to be playable. If we decided on the Neolithic setting, I defintely would want to see at least one Mage character. Wolf-blooded are absolutely an option as well.

Marie Reynolds

Well I would be interested in Malta  due to Changelings,

Is Detroit meant to  be werewolf only?

TheKhan

I'll start updating the first post to give some more guidelines, but in the meanwhile, here's some answers...

Quote from: GideonWept on October 01, 2018, 07:31:16 PM
I think Detroit with werewolves sounds badass. Like a gang or something.
All packs are gangs when it boils down to it.

Quote from: GideonWept on October 01, 2018, 07:31:16 PMMy character Roahn would be a jailbait teen adult that is a she in other forms.
This is going to get hard no from me. Very hard. If you want to rejigger your idea, go for it, but anything remotely close to jailbait will not fly in my games.

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 01, 2018, 07:36:22 PM
Well I would be interested in Malta  due to Changelings,

Is Detroit meant to be werewolf only?
It doesn't have to be. We could probably make Changeling work in Detroit.

Quote from: GideonWept on October 01, 2018, 07:41:57 PM
I'm not 100% familiar with the rule set, but I'd like send screencaps of rolls I need to make so if that could just be made self aware.
I know dungeons and dragons but uh, I would love to participate here.
As long as you have a copy of the rules (and its the second edition ones) you should be okay. System is different but pretty straightforward. Let me look into dice options. Last time I ran again, Invisible Castle was still online, but it has been ages. I'd rather avoid photos of actual dice since that will eat bandwidth fast.

Marie Reynolds

Hmm, Well Lost has one  problem the  book is  not finished yet .

TheKhan

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 01, 2018, 08:02:00 PM
Hmm, Well Lost has one  problem the  book is  not finished yet .

If you were a Kickstarter backer, the pre-errata version is available and the final form should come soon-ish.

Marie Reynolds

Honestly i lost track of the 2 nd editition vamp and other lines, I have been  paying attention to Scion and Exalted stuff from onyx.

Marie Reynolds

Okay, I Preorder the  pdf Ill read through and see what I come with!

TheKhan

Still working on updating the first post, but in the interest of transparency, I thought I should call this to your attention so we are all on the same page.
Quote from: TheKhan on September 30, 2018, 11:39:00 PM
Genre: Horror
Rating: Bondage - Exotic. I'm not explicitly planning for lots of bondage, but I'm erring on the side of caution. Likewise, I'm planning on the focus to be on the story first, with intimate scenes where appropriate.

Quote from: GideonWept on October 01, 2018, 08:11:41 PM
Cahalith (Gibbous Moon) are passionate, thoughtful, and expressive. Their specialty skills are Crafts, Expression, and Persuasion. Primary Renown is Glory.

Ghost Wolf
Knowledge
Pursuasion
If 'shaping' involves looking wolfish, then that. If not, I'll choose shadow element?

Does that sound like anything to you?
I'm not entirely sure what your last question is asking. If you haven't played Forsaken much before, I'd strongly encourage you to pick a Tribe as well rather than going the Ghost Wolf route. It grants an extra dot of Renown, which will help you with picking out your Gifts. If you are stuck on which one to pick, personally I'd recommend Bone Shadows or Iron Masters.

As for gifts, it is a little more complicated than that. You will need to figure out your Renown first. You already have one dot of Cunning from being a Cahalith. If you pick a Tribe, you will get another from that tribe, and you can pick a third dot of your choice, although you can't raise any renown to 3 yet. Once you know your renow, I can help you with gifts and facets. 

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 01, 2018, 09:13:59 PM
Okay, I Preorder the  pdf Ill read through and see what I come with!
Sweet! I wasn't expecting you to do that, but I don't think you'll regret it!

I'll see what I can do about getting some character sheet templates posted.

TheKhan

TheKhan

Oooooooooo... and I just got an idea that will probably work nicely for both the fae and the lycanthropes! Workshopping a plothook for you (and whoever else wants to join) to start building off of. But the gist is this:

What happens when a tooth fairy decides to steal werewolf teeth?

Yes, I swear this will still be horror.

TheKhan

Well, I had thought we'd decided on Detroit, but all of Gideon's posts seem to have vanished from this thread... so IDK?

That said, I organized a game over here set in Ciudad Juarez. Everyone else is playing Beasts, but we did want to include Changelings, so I'm sure if you ask people would be cool with you playing one in that game.

I would still like to run a Werewolf focused game, so hopefully there is some more interest, but if not that would still let you play the Changeling you want.

Marie Reynolds

Thanks That is weird that all his posts are  removed guess he lost interest or something.

I'll  take a look at that beast game. Thanks for the heads up good luck with the werewolf game.