Beware the Gifts of The Traveler. (5e Roguelike, Closed to Interest)

Started by ZameRagues, March 11, 2018, 06:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

However magic initiate is not bad pick and could pick other 1st level spell in place (some buff spell like Jump example).

ZameRagues

Shield of Faith is a similar spell to Mage armor, with the exception that is gives a +2 modifier rather than altering the AC base. This would stack with Unarmored Defense.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

Ah true and if pick cleric cantrips there is couple good ones (Guidance comes to mind).

ZameRagues

Oh shit, sorry Zaer didn't mean to say stole in your entry. Gave, he gave Marius the book. My apologies.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

No probs :P. I sort guessed you copy pasted but thought point it out in IC dialog.

ZameRagues

I did for that line save for the ones that actually stole the book. The bright red dialog immediately brought my attention towards my mistake.

Also saw it right when I previewed my next post for the IC thread.

I have modified my original post to correct the dialogue, if you'd like to edit your post or leave it as is I can return my edit.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

vin26m

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm swapping out Mage Initiate for Mobile.

Myth-Weavers is down or something.  Is this enough for now?

Sonja
Female Human Barbarian 4
Medium humanoid, neutral

--------------------
Armor Class 16
Hit Points 39 (4d12+12)
Speed 40 ft.
--------------------
STR 17 (+3), DEX 16 (+3), CON 16 (+3), INT 10 (+0), WIS 16 (+3), CHA 14 (+2)
--------------------

Feats Mobile, Shield Master
Saving Throws Str +5, Con +5
Skills Athletics +5, Perception +5, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +5, Survival +5
Senses Passive Perception 15
Languages Common, Orc

Also, in terms of mechanics, using Shield Mastery, can I use my bonus action to shove an opponent so they're prone first, and then attack them?

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Serana

Looks like you are closed to interest, unfortunately :( Will you let us know here if you decide to open back up?

ZameRagues

I will. I actually had someone drop a couple days ago, if you'd like to make a character I'll let you.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Serana

Cool :) I'll get something whipped up and posted either tonight or tomorrow :D

Serana

OK, It has been awhile and I've never actually rolled a 5e character, so please don't be too harsh if i've messed up too badly!

Name: Saetha Aridian
Age/Height/Weight: 25/5'8"/145lbs
Class: Sorceror (Wild Magic)
Desired Gear for 3rd/4th level: N/A (5th level)
Book Details: From a young age, Saetha had sought answers. Being raised in the countryside and away from any sort of city, she knew something was different. Things would fall over or fly across the room when she'd get upset, for example. On occasion, she'd feel a cold breeze that nobody knew about. Things like that -- stuff that didn't happen to "normal" people. Her mother and father both would play it off as if it was nothing. Throughout her teenage years, Saetha still didn't suspect much, figuring she was just going to have to live a life, tending to the farm, knowing she was different. Over time, she had learned a bit of how to control these 'powers', making her life on the farm infinitely easier -- after all, who wouldn't find value in milking four cows at once?

However, the highlight of Saetha's time on the farm were the occasional merchants and travelers that would stop by on their trade routes or otherwise long treks to the cities. She would talk to them and learn about life in the city and even hear stories about how there were actually more people out there like her. At first, figuring these were just stories the travelers would tell a kid so they'd feel better about themselves, the books that repeat travelers would bring by and Saetha would voraciously read made her realize they weren't tales -- but reality.

On her 25th birthday, Saetha and her parents all knew it was time for her to leave -- they had been planning this for years now. On her 25th birthday, she would travel to the closest city over from the farm, a full day's worth of travel. Once there, she'd set out to actually meet some of these people she'd heard and read stories about. She embarked rather uneventfully on the trip and, at the first stop, a cloaked man boarded the back of the wagon Saetha was on. He mentioned that he had been by her farm a few times in the past, and knew of her and her abilities. He reached under his cloak and pulled out yet another book and insisted that Saetha take a read of it when she reached the city, mentioning she would learn a lot about herself from the read. At the next stop, he got off the wagon.

Saetha then arrived in the city, on the outskirts. She had spent most of the trip asleep, the book she had been gifted being held close to her. She found a nearby inn, ate a quick meal, then found her way to her room. She lit a lantern hanging near the bed and started reading the book. She read for what seemed like hours before she drifted off to sleep...

Favored Kink: Having been rather isolated on the farm for her life, Saetha hasn't had a human lover. However, as she learned more about her abilities, she learned that she could twist magic to bring herself pleasure. To her, anything magically sexual is incredibly hot.

Player offs: None that haven't already been meanined as being off limits (no death in the campaign)
Sheet Link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1535319

ZameRagues

Sheet looks good, I'll have the your starting post up soon.

No worries on mistakes, I'm sure they'll happen. We'll figure them out as we go.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Serana

Awesome, thanks for understanding :) Looking forward to getting started!

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Serana

You cool with me using this Farmer homebrew one? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Farmer_(5e_Background)

Otherwise, any suggestions? Having a hard time finding one that fits the character, Hermit and Outlander are both on the edges of what I'm after.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Serana on March 26, 2018, 05:08:17 PM
You cool with me using this Farmer homebrew one? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Farmer_(5e_Background)

Otherwise, any suggestions? Having a hard time finding one that fits the character, Hermit and Outlander are both on the edges of what I'm after.

The last bit of the link was eaten up, need to copypaste it rather than click on. *rolls through*

Serana

ZameRagues

Quote from: Serana on March 26, 2018, 05:08:17 PM

Thankfully backgrounds can be customized to fit a character. I am good with that background, even the features are fine with me.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Serana

Chulanowa

Hey, sorry for the long delay, last two weeks have been hell. is there still space for me to get back in with a character or no?  :-)

ZameRagues

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can handle another character, currently have 8. If something does happen you will be the first I let jump in.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Chulanowa

Quote from: ZameRagues on April 07, 2018, 03:52:28 AM
Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can handle another character, currently have 8. If something does happen you will be the first I let jump in.

Not a problem!