Recruiting closed Original character Superhero game, co-gm's TheVillain & ESG

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 30, 2015, 07:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Cool, thank you. 

Heh, I always start with my character's parents.  In my head, I see that I've revealed how her family shaped her, but I often look back at a history and find I've written more about the character's parents than about her! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

Slowly piecing together my character.  Thus far I am working with the name Meredith Winter, formerly Comet Girl, a live action reality star.  Except a villian took issue with her exploits and her proposed abilities and made an example of her on live television.  He forced the camera to keep rolling as he publicly humiliated and brutalized.  Left broken and damaged, she was picked up by a government program that was working with cybernetic implants.  Her body was highly durable and strong which made her a prime candidate for the experimental surgery.  Now she has returned still possessing her previous abilities plus those gifted to her by the multiple surgeries. 

Muse

Jessica Hitomi Washington/"Atemi"

Gregory Washington was a consummate Japanophile.  His wife, Naomi, practically had to wrestle with him to keep him from giving his daughter the first name Hitomi.  They came up with a compromise.  Jessica—for Naomi's grandmother as her personal name—with Greg's favorite name for her middle name. 

Along with being a gamer and a fan fiction writer, Greg made a career in the army.  He always pushed for posts in Japan.  This wasn't just for his fandom, he had a martial arts sensei in Tokyo whom he loved studying under.  He learned kenjutsu, aikijutsu, and atemi under the man.  He taught these skills to Jessica and—during their years on base in Tokyo, she joined him. 

Jessica spent a lot of time with her family growing up, her parents and  her younger sisters, twins named   Adele and Madison.  Not only were they a lot of fun, she knew she wouldn't move away from them in two years or less.  She studied hard and graduated from a high school in El Paso as valedictorian.  Her father was so proud he was going to buy her a very nice car, 'til he discovered something he knew she'd love even more. 

With the help of an art dealer, he was able to acquire an authentic katana.  The art dealer who sold it to him could show evidence that it had been wielded by one of the 47 ronin. 

Even at 21,000 dollars, he got it for a steal.  When other art dealers confirmed the authentication, Greg assumed the dealer was covering up some damage it had suffered.  The rumor that it was haunted was ridiculous. 

Jessica loved the gift so much she cried in her cap and gown in front of the whole school. 

With a full scholarship to the university in Peninsula City, Jessica had for the first time in her life a chance to be in one place for more than a year or two.  She declared a double major in creative writing and computer science.  She wasn't sure how to get close to people.  She sometimes confided to some online friends that she would go to other dorm rooms and play video games, or to the anime club, and feel alone in the middle of it all. 

Some online friends assured her that she'd work through it in time, it was easy to be shy when your social environment changed dramatically.  She took heart and kept trying to be social, but on the inside, she fell deeper and deeper into her dreams.  (They made great short story fodder!)   She found herself a samurai in feudal japan, living the life of a former wielder of the katana, fighting battles both mundane and mythic.  She wielded her katana against other samurai, gaijin, and ogres. 

Her katana, and lightning cast from her hands! 

In her dreams, the power grew, like the fury of a storm in her nerves.  Sometimes, she thought she could feel the charge building in her when she touched the katana. 

Near the end of her first year, with the stress of finals bearing down on her, the dreams became so vivid she would wake up feeling electricity pulsing in her fingers.  In the middle of a terific lightning storm, Jessica woke in the wee hours of the morning.  She ran out onto the quad in a man's shirt and panties, carrying the katana.  She drew it and—for the first time—wielded it, performing advanced forms in the sheeting down rain. 

Jessi felt like she was going to burst.  She danced through the forms faster and faster, feeling like lightning was arching through her body. 

When she threw back her head and screamed, katana out to the side in one hand, Jessi didn't know if the lightning struck her from the heavens, or arched form her body into the sky. 

Yes, a man's voice whispered into her soul.  Like that, Hitomi-chan.  Finally, someone strong enough to inherit my power... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Crash

Are you still accepting?  I have been wanting to play a M&M game for a while now.

I was thinking a mystical based Shadow/Speedster type.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

TheVillain

Oh, of course. In fact, if you can help us recruit more ladies that would be swell. And I hope another Speedster shows up at some point. Otherwise Downshift might have this a bit too easy. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

TheVillain

Players.

Well, that's what I'm personally pulling for. Just put up a character you want to play and let us worry about gender ratios - but if you happen to know a lady in the hunt for a good super-game.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Crash

Got it.  Most of the ladies I know are not system players unfortunately.

Muse

Hm...  now that I look at it, Atemi has a lot of overlap with the two GMPCs.  I hope she winds up working. 

If I play up the bioelectric taser effects over the lightning bolts it shouldn't be too bad. 

Muse

I updated Atemi's sheet with a link to a possible build. 

:)  Sorry, I'm excited.   

eternaldarkness

Wow, that's a tough act to follow. I'm going to have to change my concept a bit to avoid overlap now. very cool though.

Kolbrandr

Not.. quite the vibe I was looking for for supers, feel free to open up my slot. Thanks though, and good luck with things.

eternaldarkness

yeah, i'm going to back out of this one too. Too many magic-based characters already (i hate seeing more than one magic character on a team in a supers game), and no niches left that i'm interested in filling. Best of luck, guys.

Kolbrandr

just to say, it's not for player concept stuff, don't anyone feel like they need to redo or such, it's more for the overall feel that comes off the villains, it's just not my bag. Anyway, again, honestly do hope it goes well, just didn't want to depart on a wrong impression.

Crash

I was planning on not making a magic character.  I thought about it originally but came up with an alternate origin story I like better.

Elven Sex Goddess

I like to stress, its about what each one wants to play.   Their desire to create and see through, as the character grows.   I rather have a group of players happy with their concept.   More invested in the character.  Instead of settling for something they did not at first wanted to play.

So in speaking on characters,  so far looking good.   A bent towards mystic/magic derived powers with a few.   That is fine,  through it could cause a problem if run into a villain that can cutoff mystical power connections.   

Also with the motivations,  weakness etc...   Anyone can take an enemy and it doesn't have to be one of the two villains listed.   Just shoot me or theVillain a PM on the concept of the character's villain antagonist.   So we can get the villain done up and just perhaps that villain may pop up at in opportune times for the hero and/or team.   

Likewise if you create a  weakness with having a dependent.  I.E Aunt May with Spiderman.    On these just go ahead and do a sheet up as per their age as a normal human being. 

Muse

Meep! 

I was looking forwards to playing with you all. 

I honestly didn't think of Atemi's powers as 'magical'.  i was originally just digging for a triggering event to kick on her meta human DNA.  The idea that someone else had had similar superpowers in the mythic past and now imparted those to her was where I went with it. 

Crash

This is some concept art I am thinking of for the look of my hero.

Going to use a combination of Energy Control: Darkness and Speed powers.  He is going to be the result of an accident with experimental extra-dimensional technology.

I will find and actual person for the character too since we seem to be taking those too.

Muse

This guys sounds exciting.  I like the image.  And the power set. 

Crash

TheVillain

Yeah, those aren't the only villains available - just some of the ones of note. I'd like to see some lady villains too. :P

Crash

I was thinking of an enemy.  I like the idea of a female enemy.

Ixy

Updated character proposal 5/3/2015:
Throwing my hat in the proverbial ring--

Ally Rodriguez, aka Fetter
Ally was raised on-base in Ft. Bragg, Pine Gap, Stuttgart-- an all-American army brat with a healthy rebellious streak. She was an accomplished athlete even in her youth, and by her teenage years it looked as though she was destined for a college scholarship despite her unremarkable grades.  Reacting, perhaps, to her rigid home-life, she sometimes had trouble toeing the line and had her share of discipline issues.  She had two brothers, many base friends, a few semi-serious boyfriends, a Boston Terrier-- but most things were normal, and she cached her daddy issues in favor of the distractions of teenage life.

Her life fell apart, however, when her father, a decorated Ranger, was recruited for a physiological enhancement program.  Aimed at producing soldiers capable of contending with the super-powered villains who had begun to emerge as a threat to national security, the program's effects were immediately successful, producing stronger, faster, quicker-thinking troops who were capable of enduring increasing dangers and surviving.  After a few months of intensive training, her father returned to normal base life-- but things didn't stay normal.

As time went on, aberrations in each recruit's powers seemed to appear, as well as changes in their behavior-- inhuman strength coupled with paranoid rage, x-ray vision coincided with personality changes, heat resistance manifested along with perversions and abnormal appetite.  Things got out of hand; a subject on-base with Ally's father went AWOL and was found a week later in a pool of blood and pile of mangled body parts, laughing as she broke her playmates' bones one by one with her bare hands.  A colonel's girlfriend drowned in the middle of White Sands desert, miles from the nearest water source.   A lieutenant's neighbors were found burned to death in their pristine home with no sign of a fire-- all project candidates were recalled for in-house supervision and psych testing.

Ally's father behaved strangely too... seemingly obsessed with nonsensical phrasing and theoretical math, all culminating with her family's kidnapping by her father when he was supposed to be taken under observation.  He was a different man-- aggressive, controlling, demanding.  He became physically abusive and highly anxious, disappearing for days at a time, building caches of supplies, and obsessed with internet conspiracy theories.  The experience was traumatic for the family, but basic counseling could determine no issue, and her father seemed to expertly mask his symptoms for outsiders.

For Ally herself, she endured a similar abuse as the others, but her father demonstrated more aggressive means of control.  He did not physically attack her, but at times he arranged schedules with family and colleagues so that he would have time alone with her some evenings... during these nights, he would drug her with a strong sedative, something with memory-affecting side-effects, restrain her, and administer forced transfusions of some design.  She never determined the exact contents, but from what she could tell in her haze of whatever drugs he used to pacify her, she saw him drawing his own blood, injecting strange serums into the samples, and re-injecting them into her.  The man had no prior knowledge of organic chemistry.  Later, after extensive counseling, she would suspect that this is because, like him, her blood type was O+. 

As his aggression and paranoia grew, his control gradually slipped.  The family banded together and reported his abuses-- which were extensive, with Ally bearing the least of his aggression.  MPs took him into custody, but on the official record of incidents and his incarceration, domestic violence was only described in vague overtones... instead, they cited bogus charges, fed the family "official memos", and essentially kept him permanently out-of-contact.  The family received a typed letter "from him" once a week for a while and were assigned counseling and support for his "PT breakdown"... but they knew the truth, and they were terrified of it.  They sought private counseling, and they kept their mouths shut to anyone else.

All the members of her family were affected physically and mentally by the ordeal, and neither the Army nor the Federal Government are admitting her father's fate or location.  The family was given a sizable pension fund and relocated to Jacksonville, Florida to be nearer to relatives.  What had been a rebellious streak in her seemed to amplify-- she became confrontational, withdrawn, socially aggressive, and unpredictable.  Citing the traumatic experience as the most likely cause, her mother sought counseling for her, and Ally tried to control/redirect her anger through physical exercise and experimental drug use.  Over the next few months, Ally began to develop strange abilities beyond her natural talent-- she became faster, she recovered from workouts quicker.  She hadn't gained mass, but she kept adding weights to her strength workouts.  She kept running after a 5k cross-country race because she wanted to "humiliate the bitch that was eye-fucking her".  She seemed to need less sleep-- which was good, because she had increasingly frequent nightmares, uncontrollable thoughts, and was often out all night-- and her grades didn't even suffer, a fact that baffled her teachers... she remained a C-B student with no motivation to improve her scores.

Then, things got weird.

She could exert force beyond most people's physical capacity.  She no longer got sick, and she never sunburned.  She was struck by a cyclist on a walking path and emerged unhurt-- despite the cyclist breaking a couple bones and requiring multiple stitches.  Her power grew, and she went from leaping great distances to being able to actually levitate.  Blood testing was inhibited, because syringes couldn't pierce her skin.  X-rays and CT scans couldn't seem to pierce her tissue successfully enough to get a read on anatomical causes. 

Of course, she gained the attention of authorities-- the military tried to recover her quietly, and various private-sector groups sought to harness her abilities in the hopes of being able to "manufacture" next-evolution humans.  She rebelled, and her family fought to preserve her freedom through legal means, but she was taken by the NSA for study.  In a moment of terror and anger, she snapped... her powers took control, and she made a violent escape.

Refusing to yield to authorities, she went on the lam.  She committed a string of petty crimes and avoided capture for over three years, escaping the public eye entirely as well as the custody of law-enforcement agencies and that of her family's private inquiries.  By her twenty-first birthday, Overwatch had picked up her trail and pursued her to Peru.  She is supposed to have spent her time in exile as a hermit, learning meditation and physical control in an effort to chain her raging emotions and physical urges... it's not clear what she was doing, or where, or with whom, but Ally was coherent and remorseful enough to surrender herself to Overwatch's custody as part of a carefully crafted legal deal orchestrated by Cpt. Patricia Nichols. 

She has agreed to collaborate with the team and use her powers under their supervision and authority.  She undergoes regular counseling-- an increasingly important part of her treatment, since her physiology no longer seems to respond to normal medications that might help her.  She easily completed her high school equivalency examination and is enrolled in online college courses.  But as of yet, she has not opened up to her team personally.

Crash

Very cool Ixy.

Is this going to be set now or near future?

RubySlippers

Eve Frankenstein

The Doctor created the first of us the Creature known as Frankenstein,
a brain taken from an abnormal mortal and he was shunned.
My father the late Doctor Goldman gave me life using the Journal
the mind of his daughter and bodies of the dead to fight evil.
He was killed by the SS early in the war but not before I was given
this life that flows through me the power of eels charging my
life force.
I joined my brother Creature I called Adam and we struck back
with a fury against those who committed atrocities against
God and man.
He fell in battle saving me against many foes armed with the
super weapons of science at the time.
Now I stand alone against Darkness again and for mortal humans
even though shunned by them,
I am a Frankenstein Creature, I am Eve.

Not sure of her exact build she'll likely be really tough and more quick than the bigger male creature being a harmless female one. LOL. Powers likely resistances, immortality and regeneration the immortal life force of the Frankenstein Process and Advantages largely her fighting tactics, a few key skills and gear including a signature cool as hell weapon her Two-Section Staff (big nunchaku).