Sins of a Solar Empire: Missions of the TDN Agronev (Interest Check) [UN]

Started by Sel Nar, September 13, 2009, 09:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sel Nar

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 14, 2009, 05:17:56 PM
3. The new Galactica, with EJ Olmos, or the old one?

And 2 new questions:

1. Is there a character creation process or not?

2. Is this is type of ship we're serving on: http://sinsofasolarempire.wikia.com/wiki/Kol_Battleship ?

1. To a point. Lemme knock together the character profile thread and let you guys and gals stomp all over it, okay?

2. Yep.

3. New Galactica, not Old.

ReijiTabibito

From the Character Sheet Thread:

Military Rank:
Medals:
Field of Service:
Disciplinary Notes:
Commendations:

A few questions I have about this part of the sheet:

1 - Is there a resource or something for Medals/Commendations in this game, or are we using something else?  (I don't want to have to describe in detail each one - most people I know in the military usually have at least 4 or 5)

2 - What exactly does Field of Service mean?

3 - Regarding Disciplinary Notes; aside from the obvious (insubordination and the like), what else is there?

Sel Nar

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 14, 2009, 06:03:31 PM
From the Character Sheet Thread:

Military Rank:
Medals:
Field of Service:
Disciplinary Notes:
Commendations:

A few questions I have about this part of the sheet:

1 - Is there a resource or something for Medals/Commendations in this game, or are we using something else?  (I don't want to have to describe in detail each one - most people I know in the military usually have at least 4 or 5)

2 - What exactly does Field of Service mean?

3 - Regarding Disciplinary Notes; aside from the obvious (insubordination and the like), what else is there?

There's a Strategic Resource (eg. Capital Ship Assassin For offing 30 Hostile Capital-Class ships) but, on an individual level Use standard Military. Admiral Kol's Profile in the Profile thread has several examples. (Note: Additional Stars on medals mean multiple awards)

2. Field of Service is what the person has specialized in during their career. For example, someone that started as a marine (personal combat aboard ships) would likely have a FoS around tactical operations, while a Naval or Fleet commander would have a FoS in Strategic Operations.

3. Mostly, it depends upon the officer the person trained under, but it can be as serious as Direct Insubordination, or as mild as 'Did not have shoes polished enough' Really, just use your imagination, but try to keep within the bounds of common decency. Nobody wants to know if the weapons officer really did do laps around a heavy Cruiser in their starkers.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Sel Nar on September 14, 2009, 06:56:43 PM
There's a Strategic Resource (eg. Capital Ship Assassin For offing 30 Hostile Capital-Class ships) but, on an individual level Use standard Military. Admiral Kol's Profile in the Profile thread has several examples. (Note: Additional Stars on medals mean multiple awards)

2. Field of Service is what the person has specialized in during their career. For example, someone that started as a marine (personal combat aboard ships) would likely have a FoS around tactical operations, while a Naval or Fleet commander would have a FoS in Strategic Operations.

3. Mostly, it depends upon the officer the person trained under, but it can be as serious as Direct Insubordination, or as mild as 'Did not have shoes polished enough' Really, just use your imagination, but try to keep within the bounds of common decency. Nobody wants to know if the weapons officer really did do laps around a heavy Cruiser in their starkers.

1. Okay - so standard US Military decorations are fine?  And also, are we allowed to make up our own decorations?  Let me give an example: for Kol's profile, I noted a Persephone Campaign Ribbon - is that an actual planet in-game, or is that just made up?  And one other thing, do we use naval decorations, army, exactly what?

2. Okay, got it.

3. Same deal.

Sel Nar

Standard Decorations are fine, you can make up a few, but the medal of Honour is still top of the pile, and unless your character is a marine, or army and transferred to Naval ops, you'll primarily be using naval medals.

ReijiTabibito

Okay, so, do we have named planets in our game, or do we just make up planet names as we go along?

Sel Nar

Several planets are named, but, for the most part, planet names can be 'winged'

So far, the only planets I have named are Helios, Persephone, and Redrim, but the TEC actually is a coalition made up of several Hundred Star Systems, so there's a LOT of planets that I've left unnamed.

Aiden

Sel Nar

Essentially, though I ask that Starcraft references be kept to a dull roar, please. :P

ReijiTabibito

Oh, you don't have to worry about that - I've got enough sci-fi references up my sleeve that if I do Star Craft, I'm having a very bad day.

Hunter

Quote from: Sel Nar on September 14, 2009, 07:31:58 PM
Essentially, though I ask that Starcraft references be kept to a dull roar, please. :P

What about Honor Harrington references?  :P

Sel Nar

Hunter