News:

Main Menu

The Sims 3

Started by Caity, February 08, 2009, 01:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caity

So anyone who plays the Sims knows that the release date was SUPPOSED to be a little later this month.  But it's been moved to freaking JUNE!  June!!!  And this is to work out bugs, etc.  They always say this.  But there are always bugs. 

In some ways, a lot of ways, I'm relieved.  I have too much stuff that I SHOULD be doing right now and I know if I had that game in my hand I wouldn't come up for air for about a month at least.  And maybe it'll give me some time (and money) to tweak my computer a little bit.  ;)

Anyone else looking forward to the game, disappointed/rejoicing at the date change?

Greenthorn

Oh god...another few months of "Mommy pleaseeeeeee get me it?"

Caity

Does mommy not play too?   :P

Greenthorn

Nahhhh  I play the Wii...the teen plays the PC and Playstation...and little one plays the DS.

I like it that way ;D

Lithos

Did you get this yet GT? I think you would like it

http://lithos.takaovi.net/wii.jpg
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Greenthorn

Quote from: Lithos on February 08, 2009, 02:36:40 PM
Did you get this yet GT? I think you would like it

http://lithos.takaovi.net/wii.jpg

At first I was like wow..that's rude...saying I need to lose weight and all..then I really looked...and

*grins*

I. Want.
(but only if it comes with a man!)

Lithos

Quote from: Greenthorn on February 08, 2009, 04:13:07 PM
I. Want.
(but only if it comes with a man!)

That is negotiable :p
--

Greenthorn

Quote from: Lithos on February 08, 2009, 04:16:04 PM
That is negotiable :p

Ohhh my very own life sized Lithos maybe???

*grins*

/hijack

Aragem

MOVED to June!?  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm alright.  Ugh, there are other games to keep me going. 

Cherri Tart

i want to play this! i played the other one, not the 3d one, but the first one and loved it! of course, i burnt my first house down, but after that i did pretty good - this isn't going to be super complicated computer resource heavy, is it? cause i'm not good at games that are too hard... *blushes*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Avi

It's looking like it will be pretty basic, since Will Wright is in charge, and he's big on getting as many people able to play his games as possible.  As far as complicated... well, it's a Sims game.  If you've played the first one, you'll be fine.  I've played both previous ones and love them both. 

I remember my first successful family was one that actually had a single guy created by me falling for a mom and daughter that my sister created.  That was fun, because then we played the family together.  They actually did very well, had another daughter together, and were able to get into the biggest house in the neighborhood. *WITHOUT CHEATS*  Sadly, though, the wife ended up dying in a tragic grilling accident.  *tear* 

/semi-hijack
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Caity

With all of the eps and stuff in the Sims 2, it's not hard to get rich.  I've always wanted to work toward a million simolean family, but I always lose interest in them before I get that much.  :P  I loaded my Sims 2 up this morning and played a little. 

Lithos

Quote from: aviationrox on February 11, 2009, 10:53:29 AM
Sadly, though, the wife ended up dying in a tragic grilling accident.  *tear* 
/semi-hijack

These are the best part of sims :)
--

Silver

I am a Sims freak..

I have the Sims and the Sims 2.

I was kinda pissed at the date change but hey maybe now I can buy it and what not.

I want it..

Jezz I played the Sims 2 all the time when I was pregnant, kept trying to make a family to see how things would go. ::)

I was 18 at the time.. sue me..

*coughs and sneaks out*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

zekestone

I played the sims as well, but i was more of a creator of cool buildings rather than a job/social type player. I am interested to know what new stuff they have in sims 3, on the surface it looks like the same game with the same graphics but the neighbourhood is meant to be expanded so that there is seamless free roaming transitions between locations. I suspect they will be incorporating all that sims business and university add on stuff as a standard for sims 3, does anyone know what else is new? 
To Learn more follow this link: <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31216.msg1642960#msg1642960" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">--- My Long Ass List of On's & Off's ---</a>

To Learn more follow this link: <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=5392" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">--- My Long Ass List of On's & Off's On E ---</a>

Inkidu

*Thinks of all the new ways to kill them* Meteor maybe?

Anyways, I'd have to get a better PC I think.

"Who watches Big Brother?"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caity

They have meteors in The Sims 2... or at least satellites that fall out to kill sims.  I need to kill some of mine now.. I have about 30 that i'm playing in rotation.  :P

And I watch Big Brother... Not sure if I like where this is going.  :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on February 22, 2009, 07:58:24 PM
They have meteors in The Sims 2... or at least satellites that fall out to kill sims.  I need to kill some of mine now.. I have about 30 that i'm playing in rotation.  :P

And I watch Big Brother... Not sure if I like where this is going.  :P
...Yay reality TV... -.-

It was a jibe at the godlike and often voyeuristic undertones of the Sims. "Who watches the watchmen?" that sort of thing.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caity

Ah.... I was thinking it was more like .. "have you ever done a big brother version on the sims"....

I haven't...

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on February 22, 2009, 08:38:22 PM
Ah.... I was thinking it was more like .. "have you ever done a big brother version on the sims"....

I haven't...
The most ambitious thing I've done is my whole life. I had five kids. Multitasking nightmare.

Caity

I just played a family who had 6.  I've fulfilled the power want of have 10 kids before.  Now I change their aspiration if they want to have 10 kids. 

Lithos

At least in earlier sims you could arrange all sort of accidents to get rid of too many... it is only fair, natural selection you know :P
--

Inkidu

Quote from: Lithos on February 22, 2009, 09:12:41 PM
At least in earlier sims you could arrange all sort of accidents to get rid of too many... it is only fair, natural selection you know :P
I'm sure in the original sims you could have your great great great grand kids get it on with family members of the original family. Time paradox and incest. Woo hoo.

magnamos

It's an EA Game, what did you expect? Seriously. They removed the EP Nightlife from the market to sale there Sims2+Nightlife Bundle. If you have Sims 2 already, well congratulations, you're f*cked buddy.

There policy is ridiciolous. Luckily there are many game releases for the future that will keep my boycott of the Sims 3 upright.

Right now there is Dark Sector. Next I will get me Armored Core, Halo Wars and maybe Red Alert 3. Then there will be Prototype next month or a little later. There are enough things that will (hopefully) keep me from buying that product.

Well poopey. I never was an idealist. I will probably get the Sims 3 on Releaseday.

Caity

Quote from: Inkidu on February 22, 2009, 09:15:12 PM
I'm sure in the original sims you could have your great great great grand kids get it on with family members of the original family. Time paradox and incest. Woo hoo.

Could TS1 characters get it on?   I can't remember.  I know they didn't have extensive family trees, but I remember they were asked to have a baby even thought they only kissed.  Kissing = babies.  TS2 is a little incestuous too.  Second cousins don't recognize each other as relatives even though Sim A's Dad was Sim B's  Dad's first cousin.