Gender Reversal interest check.

Started by Prefect Mos, August 03, 2009, 11:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prefect Mos

I don't have a real good idea of an RP right now that wouldnt be stollen from something im waiting for a response for, or some one else recent Idea on E... but I would like to do something were all parties involved play some one of the opposite gender. Want to see if there are people interested.

Beatrice Black

ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

rick957

I might be interested depending on the plot and players.  It sounds like an interesting way to experiment with gender switching, something I normally avoid.

Do you have any other specifics in mind, like setting or time period or type of storyline, etc.?

PridedFalcon

I could be interested, too, although do you have any ideas for a plot?

Prefect Mos

Im thinking modern , perhaps a high school or freshman in college thing.

Mint

Well, on another thread me and Prefect saw there was an idea for a high school auction type thing. Like the school does one of those charity auctions using students and staff and those who are bought have to do things like go on a date with the buyer or be their servant for a week or something. That could be an interesting idea.

Callie Del Noire

Raises hand too

I'm curious as to any plot for a multiplayer game of that sort though

Prefect Mos

Well we would need to work it out... perhaps ONE of the students buys a few students. it would have to be fairly small..  right now we have three females and two males... (gender reversed) One more male (played by a female) and i think we have the works of a great game.

Callie Del Noire

I once did an off the wall Teenager's from outer space game (it's as wild as it sounds) where the players were 2nd line members of the Team (most of the main line were HUGE..the players were mainly just big) and they were the 'Last Men on Campus'. It was a spoof of the classic 'trapped in a house slasher film' bit.

The school ubernerd was turning all the other males into cheerleaders because the head cheerleader said she'd 'only date him if he was the last man on campus'. It was  silly game but it was the only 'big group' gender twist I've ever seen done.

Prefect Mos

im not thinking big group... small , less than 8 people

rick957

This all sounds promising so far.  :-) I have a question on perhaps a sensitive subject; hopefully this won't offend anyone.

Let me say first that I have absolute respect for everyone's right to whatever sexual orientation they are inclined towards.  Having said that, however, I'm wondering how you plan to handle transgender or homosexual players in the game.  Would they be expected to play characters of their normally preferred gender, or the reverse?

I was hoping this might be a game in which all the players are RPing as the opposite of their normal preferred character-gender.  That would be kind of complicated and confusing if some players already normally prefer to gender switch; will they be gender-switching a second time in this game?  It sounded like Beatrice will be playing as a female character, for example, which is obviously fine, but that would be a bit different from what I had assumed.

I hope the question comes across as respectful, because I don't intend otherwise.  I only ask because the answer would have an effect on my interest in the game. 

Thanks for reading.  :-)

Beatrice Black

If you'd rather I play male, I'm willing to do so.

I suppose it depends what we'll be doing besides cross-playing. Do we have a story in mind?
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

Prefect Mos

I don't have that fully figured out... but I think most people should play the gender they don't normally play... but that's not a requirement .

Let me run a quick Idea by...

This story should be about reflection and self discovery, as it will be from a strange perspective.. so going young would probably be best, to help grow in perspective.

Were all leaders chosen from our highschools by whatever chritera the school chose, to have a conference almost a social experment to let people mingle discuss and talk about issues. all from junior or senior classes, and all 16 + . The conferance is being held in a Ski lodge in the mountians of Colorado. The kids arive by bus, the adult supervision on the other hand got stuck in the snow coming from another direction.. soon after, the cabin is also snowed in..

PridedFalcon

Not a bad idea, really, in my opinion. ^^

Callie Del Noire

Prefect Mos

Alright lets Start characters than.

Name:
City and State (or even Country) of origin:
Archtype :
Personality:
Appearance:

Prefect Mos

Name: Amanda Wonnacott
Orientation: Exploritive
City and State (or even Country) of origin: Missoula Montana USA

Arch type : Nerd and Drama Geek

Personality: Warm and Bubbly. Out going for a nerd always willing to go on a minor adventure, but in her spare time reads some but shes a fast learner. She just absorbs things, and prefers hanging out with the nerds in school than the other kids. She does this for a few reasons , firstly she recives much more attention from them.. and its a kinder gentler attention from most of them.. there is of course the occasional neanderthal who will take years to be able to deal with a girl, but thouse are the minortiy that give the rest a bad name. Shes not afraid to have a beer or two, or be sceen in public reading a Heinlein novel . She was picked cause she was the only one that found out about the program in time to apply.

Appearance:  Standing a Mere 4'6" shes almost bite sized, a bit of a mouse apperance in the face with the small button nose, and the ears that stick out a bit. she smiles a lot and wears a tiny bit of make up, mostly eyeliner and lip gloss, her long aubern hair reaches halfway down her back, her curves are delicate but most certinly there, she does have a few lines on her face and though short is not often confused with being younger than her 16 years, shes a junior .