Canyon o' Doom!!! [Deadlands]

Started by BraveEarth, October 27, 2012, 06:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meliai

Tucking my nowhere-near-complete character sheet in a spoiler here as I need to restart my laptop and can't be bothered to save it as a text file or anything. Feel free to nab the code if you want, I find character sheets are generally mucheasier to read if they're not in one super long column.

Anywho quick questions in regard to aptitudes. Is the number of points in an aptitude the number of dice you roll for that aptitude, or the number of dice you add to the relevant ability's dice pool? There's a good chance my eyes are just jumping straight over the the explanation in the book but as it stands I can't figure it out.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Xiang Tù "Jackrabbit" Li

Corporeal     

Deftness - 3d8                             
___  Bow
___  Filchin'
1__  Lockpickin'
2__  Shootin'
             Pistols
___  Sleight o' Hand
1__  Speed Load
___  Throwin'
        ___  ________
Nimbleness - 2d10                           
1__  Climbin'
2__  Dodge
1__  Drivin'
1__  Fightin'
2__  Horse Ridin'
2__  Sneak
___  Swimmin'
___  Teamster
Quickness - 2d6
3__  Quick Draw

Strength - 2d6                               

Vigor - 2d8

Mental

Knowledge - 3d8                         
___  Academia
___  Area Knowledge
___  Demolition
___  Disguise
1__  Language
             Chinese
___  Mad Science
___  Medicine
___  Professional
1__  Science
             Engineering
___  Trade
Smarts - 2d12                               
___  Bluff
___  Gamblin'
___  Ridicule
1__  Scroungin'
1__  Streetwise
2__  Survival
___  Tinkerin'
Mein - 2d6                                   
___  Animal Wranglin'
___  Leadership
___  Overawe
___  Performin'
___  Persuasion
___  Tale Tellin'
Cognition - 4d12                           
___  Artillery
___  Arts
2__  Scrutinize
3__  Search
2__  Trackin'
Spirit - 3d6                                 
___  Faith
2__  Guts

Pace: 15            Size: 6            Wind: 14          Grit: 0           

Edges:                                        

• 2 - Belongin's (Incredibly fast horse)
  • 1 - Eagle Eyes
  • 5 - Fleet Footed
  • 1 - Gift of Gab
  • 1 - Sense of Direction

Hindrances:

• 3 - Curious
  • 5 - Night Terrors
  • 2 - Superstitious

Equipment:

Your Worst Nightmare:

Appearance:

Background:

Personality:
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

BraveEarth

BraveEarth

So I found a rather excellent dice roller online for the system and after testing it to make sure it isn't too favorable on either side I am presenting it.

http://greywolf.critter.net/deadlands/dieroll.htm

Also want to know how everyone is coming along with their characters.

Chazy

This game still open? Been waaaaay too long since I last played Deadlands. And that was table top too.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

BraveEarth

Yes this game is still open I'm looking for a few more to join just to be on the safe side. I'll get you a draw in a bit.

Chazy

Anymore room for another player???
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

1SAZ

Quote from: BraveEarth on November 06, 2012, 02:37:29 AM
Yes this game is still open I'm looking for a few more to join just to be on the safe side. I'll get you a draw in a bit.

Quoted for ease. Yes, there is room.

Chazy

Ty. I guess I missed that post. *thwaps self* Anyways, got my draws. Will look into character creation tonight when I get off work.

Muse

*Waves*  Are we still doing this, Brave Earth? I'm really excited.  :) 
\
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

We are, Andy dropped out and I'm just waiting on character information and hoping that a few more will come join.

Chazy

Grrrr  >:(. I can't find my book anywhere. Damn it.

Sessha

I'm considering joining this and if I did I might bring in a Blessed Priest. *runs off cackling to crack open the old Fire and Brimstone book*
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

BraveEarth

>.> How come no one likes the Rangers or the Agency?

Sessha

Because alot of players don't like being tied to one or the other. They like to go where they please in that reguard.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Chazy

I need help creating my character. I can't find my book anywhere. *cries*

Muse

Yahoo me,  Chaz, I e got your back 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

Okay i need all who are still following this thread to raise their hands if they have completed their characters just because a few had their's up half done

Chazy

Still looking for my book. But thinking of playing an ex calvery soldier, possibly a captian, that is now a texas ranger *smiles*. I thought about a huxter and just play a gambling gunslinger but since it has been a long time since I played, I figured it be best to just play a mundane gunslinger/ranger.

BraveEarth

Chazy please IM me then so I can discuss a few things with you

Muse

Still here. 

was my character approved accept for the math errors? 

Chazy

I am still here. Finally found my book. Sent the GM my introduction for my character. Working on the details of the background now. Then I need to make some changes to my character before I send him to the GM for approval.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Just back in town after massive familial obligation shenanigans that lasted two weeks. Not a death in the family, no, but two people I might murder at this rate...

Anyway, if you are still interested in doing this, BraveEarth, I'm still interested. I don't know how many people are still around? I will try and dig up the notes I took previously on my character and get it done tomorrow or Tuesday. Probably Tuesday as tomorrow will be catchup day at work.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

BraveEarth

I'm still around it looks like we have 4 maybe 5 all together which works in our favour ^.^ Sadly given the time of year this might be a slow game. I've been obsessing over the system a great deal atleast. I would like one more but I'm not going to hold up the start for that.

Meliai

I'm still interested, just didn't want to pour a couple hours into a character when it looked like we weren't going to get enough PCs to pull it off.

Also of someone could take a look at the crunchy bits of my sheet and let me know if she's going to be slaughtered three posts in that'd be great. Like I mentioned before I've never actually played this game and the system itself is honestly really counter-intuitive.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}