renaisnace Italy. Interest check

Started by Tamhansen, April 07, 2012, 06:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

Although this idea may seem inspired by the HBO series the Borgias, and i must admit it's a good source of material, I've been toying with this setting for years, and thought I'd finally just throw it out there.

General info: I do not intend to GM this game, in fact I want this to be a GM less game. Also I'd like this game to revolve as much about character and development as much as about the sex. the setting itself is about power, greed and sex and the game will revolve around all those aspects and more. That being said I do not put any constraints on sexual content past what Elliquiy itself does, but please check with your writing partner when writing coops. Anyone forcing other characters beyond their writers boundaries will be expelled.

The setting

Italy 1492. the country has long been a object of contention between power blocs both internal and foreign. With the trade league falling apart earlier this year, a time of peace and relative safety has ended Divided into dozens of bigger and smaller states, it is a theatre of politics, treachery and deceit. Central to this is the seat of the pope in Rome. After years of scheming, Rodrigo Borgia has claimed this most holy position, and he plans to further the hold of the papacy to the whole of Italy. Other nobles have there own plans, ranging from conquest to self preservation. Deals are being struck, money and resources change hands, and alliances shift daily. And beneath all this, the nobles, clergy, and rich commoners relish in a lifestyle of greed and debauchery.

players can take the roles of italian Nobles, influential clergy, rich commoners in positions of power, like the banker families of Venice, or representatives of foreign powers, like France or Spain. Even though most official positions are held by men, one must remember much of the power in reality lay with women. The focus of the game will most likely be on Rome itself, but other cities can be used as well.  I prefer original characters to 'canon' but if you really want to play a historical figure please contact me first.

A summary of 1492 Italy's main players can be found in this wiki http://theborgias.wetpaint.com/page/The+Italian+City-States
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

JackWhite

I'm interested in playing a Medici from Florence.

I love my Medieval II: Total Wars background  :P

JackWhite

I'm sorry that this isn't working out too well

usha

It isn't? Sad. I would have loved this type of game! What a shame.

JackWhite

Quote from: usha on May 19, 2012, 12:46:06 PM
It isn't? Sad. I would have loved this type of game! What a shame.

Well, so far there wasn't any interest except for me but if that does change it is possible that he'll start and works it out.

PirateGirl