GATE Academy - [School Theme, Fighting, Sci-Fi]

Started by MissFire, February 01, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Per Aspera Ad Astra

2141 - Technological advances have allowed us to explore sections of our planet previously unavailable to us. The deepest, darkest depths of the ocean and the very core of the Earth lay bare before us. One hundred years ago mankind first developed the technology to drill and mine into the center of a planet and it was there, in our own Earth, that we found Erchius, a revolutionary ore that held amazing properties. Not only was it immensely strong, but it was also an excellent conductor and source of storing energy. Using Erchius technology, man developed the ability to explore our own galaxy, provide us with clean energy, and solve hundreds of other problems. Our lust for exploration and exploitation soon led us to the stars. We began to colonize planets in our solar system and from there explore them, shape them. The discovery of Erchius led to a domino affect, one discovery leading to another.

Yet no conquest is bloodless, even those of the scientific variety.

A mining colony on Jupiter dug too deep and exposed something long since forgotten. Creatures that would come to known only as the Terror ripped apart the mining team and soon spread through the galaxy. Their agenda is unknown, only that they seem to bear some kind of hatred towards mankind. While they seem to posses the numbers to simply swarm our colonies and the Earth, they do not. Instead, they seem to strike and fade, attacking only in small groups. Perhaps they are testing us? Whatever they are doing, whatever their goal, we have limited defense against them.

The Terror posses a mental ability that utterly destroys the nervous system of anyone they wish. The only saving grace is that this ability seems to only effect those with the Y chromosome - only men. Conventional weapons do not harm them. Only objects made of Erchius seem to have the ability to do them harm and, while viable, Erchius bullets are extremely expensive to produce, making them impractical at best. This odd combination of situations led us to the only possible solution.

The Girls Academy for Terror Extermination

An exclusive school for young women, GATE is located on an island hidden in the south Pacific and trains females in all varieties of martial combat in order to help combat the Terror menace. Trained teams are dispatched from GATE and travel via hyperjet to any location where these monsters appear. Composed of some of the best military and scientific personnel the member nations have to offer, GATE works to defend Earth from the extraterrestrial threat not only through direct intervention but also by studying the alien life forms and their technology which may reveal both weaknesses and reverse-engineering opportunities respectively.The girls that are selected for GATE enroll at age eighteen and spend eight years there, studying not only educational basics (math, science, history, art, etc.) but also major in one of five weapons categories; blade (swords, knives, etc.), blunt (clubs, staves, etc.), projectile (archery, chakram, etc.), pole (spear, halbred, etc.), and exotic (combination weapons or those that defy a strict category).

Q&A

Ladies only?
No! While the students are all female, we can have male characters as staff, teachers, or playing as the Terror during invasions.

What do the Terror look like?
I don't know yet. I am still pondering this and happy to take suggestions. If you have one, PM me or post here.

Can my character use guns?
She can! But as I said in the blurb above, Erchius ammunition is prohibitively expensive. Your character would have to be obscenely rich to use firearms, since the school cannot afford to buy Erchius bullets.

What kind of content will there be?
This game will half focus on school life (going to class, rivalries, etc.) and half on combat (training, student vs student, and students vs monsters).

Will this be freeform?
It might be. For the student v student battles I think I might want to use some kind of dice system, to avoid situations where people are god modding.

Will there be naughty?
As much or as little as you like. There will be room for girl-on-girl, girl-on-guy, and girl-on-monster. I'm not going to go out of my way to present you with naughty situations, however, so you may have to make your own fun in this regard.

What's the school like?
I'll design this if the game gets off the ground. It is located on a private island and extremely exclusive. It is fully self-sustaining and has all types of facilities. School uniform example in the image to the left, with the colors being black and blue.

Is there a character sheet?
There will be if I get enough interest!
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Lynnette

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

laa

rikka

Terrors have to be tentacle monsters!  >:)

Interested in playing a Terror.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Lynnette

Quote from: rikka on February 01, 2015, 08:08:26 PM
Terrors have to be tentacle monsters!  >:)

Interested in playing a Terror.

I second this.

On another note, I was going to ask if uniforms would have to be obligatory. I dunno, maybe I'm just not too fond of uniforms, but I think it's a way of generalizing all the characters and pretty much making them look the same (As in, minimizing traits that split them). It's no big of a deal, I'm just generally not too keen on obligatory uniforms.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Biles

[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

MissFire

Reaper, uniforms will be required by students while in class. Outside of class, wear whatever you'd like. Teachers don't need to conform to uniform attire.

Biles, you can play a shemale/futa/trans or whichever gendered character you'd like, but they would have a Y chromosome, making them ineligible to be a student.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Lynnette

Quote from: MissFire on February 03, 2015, 07:24:29 AM
Reaper, uniforms will be required by students while in class. Outside of class, wear whatever you'd like. Teachers don't need to conform to uniform attire.

Biles, you can play a shemale/futa/trans or whichever gendered character you'd like, but they would have a Y chromosome, making them ineligible to be a student.

You could always bend the rules a little in the name of DNA-studies. Futa are normally more so female than male, making their X-chromosomes more dominant. One way to interpertate it and make it acceptable would be to make the futa chromosome-setup X-XY. That way, the Y-chromosome would be making up for a smaller set of DNA, with an X and Y-chromosome melted together. Of course, this is just a suggestion. Another alternative would be to have the futa...ness appear after birth, since it would not alter the chromosomes. Or it could be a teacher.

EDIT: I'm such a genius, looked up hermaphrodite on wikipedia, and found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite#Humans
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread