Darkstalkers RP? [Interest Thread] (Male roles needed!)

Started by Fetwick, July 19, 2015, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fetwick

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a group game involving the characters from Darkstalkers. I'd preferably like to keep it contained to canon characters. As far as story, there's a few things we could do. One could be the classic tournament obviously. But I've always like the idea of 2 teams against each other. Good vs Evil and all that jazz. With Pyron on the horizon and eventually having to come together as one force to stop him.

I'm totally down to hear suggestions and any other thoughts.

LIST SO FAR

Anakaris:
B.B. Hood: MissFire
Bishamon:
Demitri: Garuss Vakarian
Donovan:
Felicia: Rel Mayer
Hsien-Ko: Iridum248
Jedah: (PLOT CENTRIC. Ask me about it!)
Lilith: Ghostraven
Lord Raptor: nailcrosser
Morrigan: TeacupTwink
Q-Bee:
Rikuo: MoFo
Sasquatch:
Talbain: Fetwick
Victor:

PM me your character templates and I'll put them up tomorrow! It's small, but I prefer to let that all out in RP rather than a profile.

[b]Character:[/b] Character Name
[b]Played By:[/b] User Name
[b]Appearance:[/b] Can be an actual description or picture.
[b]History:[/b] Give a little history or description of how your character has fared since the events of the past 8 years. (I can inform those who are not quite familiar.)

TeacupTwink

Morrigan and Queenie = <3
Definitely interested. I love Darkstalkers.

Fetwick

It doesn't seem like it gets enough respect right?

TeacupTwink

It never has, it's such a colorful world of characters that has been created too. :/

Fetwick

We were on the verge of getting a 4th game, but sales weren't good enough for Ressurection. It's still one of the dreams of one of the guys in corporate. Maybe with the success of SF5, there may be some room to add more to the lineup.

TeacupTwink

Yeah, I'd love if they had at least one more game. I'd also love to see a Morrigan game, with her as the main character. Kind of do what Tekken's makers did with Nina for " Death By Degrees " ? Because I think Morrigan has a massively interesting story and a large following, but would also draw in a lot of people like Bayonetta did ---- bringing people into the Darkstalkers fanbase?

Fetwick

I could see that. Giving her an origin story a good run. Show how she became ruler of the Aensland family. Could be a fun horror/action game. Cameos from characters in the series. But yeah, I'd love to see Darkstalkers 4 happen and gain a cult following in the fight circuits. Add some new characters like a witch and other creatures.

TeacupTwink

I think they are relying too much on Marvel vs Capcom to get a Darkstalker following gain, when they really need to just do the obvious and market their major characters to pull in momentum to the original product itself, which is why I mentioned Morrigan. Not only is her image well known, sexy characters sell better and she actually does play a good - well written part of the story. Introducing other characters in the game and having missions would really make people want to play as the other characters they see as well.

But, as far as new characters. At this rate I am not seeing it happen. :[ There are a lot of games that need a follow up, and this is one of them. Even though it is third on my list. ( I really want a sequel to the Rockstar game " Bully " and a remake of Legend of Dragoon. )

Fetwick

Yeah, it's a longshot at this point. But they keep trying to resell product in HD remakes. Giving us something new(although risky) I think would pull in the most buyers. It's been awhile since the last came out, and vampires/werewolves are cool again with the younger crowds. I think it could sell if they give it a chance. But Ressurection may be evident enough in how enthusiastic people are.

TeacupTwink

Soul Calibur needs to revive as well, if they featured guest characters in that world like they have been doing every game it'd probably help. Though I don't know if that partnership would ever come close to happening.  That'd pull Soul Cal fans into D.S. and D.S. fans over to Soul Cal?

Fetwick

It'd actually be cool as hell to have Nightmare vs Bishamon.

Fetwick

I think the most accessable idea would be The Huitzil begin annihilating humans on earth under Pyron's orders. The darkstalkers are blamed and eventually find themselves on the lamb as they try to find the source of the problem. Teaming up for their own reasons, some fight to survive, others to stop the evil, and some to take advantage of the chaos.

TeacupTwink

I actually agree, I think that is really the BEST suited option anyone could have thought of? I mean otherwise it'd just be multiple little stories going on and every character has to find out where every other player is playing their character at in their story and make sure it doesn't conflict with their timeline - etc. :P

Rel Mayer

Hey, just stating my interest Fetwick. :)

Fetwick

Alright cool. Thanks Rel! Any ideas on who you'd want to play?

But yeah, Pyron's always the big bad, so it makes common goal for the players to stop. Huitzil are also infinite, so it makes good fodder to spice up some action scenes. As well as them fighting angry humans. Those who fight back, will probably deal with Donovan.

Rel Mayer

I've always been a fan of Felicia, but I'm unsure if someone else already claimed her!

Fetwick

Nope, not yet! I was thinking of being Talbain myself. That or Lord Raptor.

iridum248

I'm interested in playing Hsien-ko, or a variant of her, but I'm curious as to what you might have planned.

TeacupTwink

Quote from: iridum248 on July 23, 2015, 12:45:40 AM
I'm interested in playing Hsien-ko, or a variant of her, but I'm curious as to what you might have planned.

Wooohooo! The most under-rated character of Darkstalkers. <3 Love Hsien-ko.

Fetwick

Quote from: iridum248 on July 23, 2015, 12:45:40 AM

Awesome! Hsien-Ko would be a great edition! I'm working on a plot, but once we get more interest involved I'll have something more concrete. But as of right now, the base is typical Pyron invades the world. I'd also like to play with the idea of Berial or Ozom/Jedah stirring up trouble.

TeacupTwink

I'm calling Morrigan before she gets taken. I think she'd be much funner than Q. Bee, especially since she doesn't say or really do anything given her race. :x

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Fetwick

Fetwick

Its kind of funny. This RP has a lack of male characters for once.

iridum248

Well, that's a good thing. The girls are pretty disparate; I wonder what they might be going up against, and what opportunities for fun there might be? After all, an all-female group lets them go up against mainly male opponents and scenarios.

Also - A grown-up BB Hood.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8073552/deathgirl15.jpg