ASoIaF- Quest for the Dragon Emperor's Horde (Interest Check)

Started by Piercescion, January 12, 2018, 07:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piercescion

It is an Idea I have pondered for quite some time... Indiana Jones/National Treasure in the world of GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire.

What: A dream led to a strange artifact being uncovered in the North. The man who found it is tasked with uncovering the secrets of this artifact which as they are revealed begins a quest for what will become the last bastion of hope for the living... The Vault of the mythical Dragon Emperor Aurion himself.

When: Roughly 6-9 Months before the events of A Game of Thrones.

Who: Mainly OC's as they would be venturing through Westeros and Essos during the events of the book.

Where: The Ensuing Quest will cover all the major cities of Westeros and Essos all the way t the borders of the Shadowlands of Asshai, with splintered groups going to most of the major sites as well.

I can see NPC cameos of many of the famous faces from the books and shows while the group ventures on their quest, the necessity of such a quest growing from a mere obsession and treasure hunt into a desperate race against the clock as the Night King rises.

I see drama, adventure, danger, battle and intrigue with the group expanding and contracting with duties, and side quests splitting them up to regroup in the end.

All Houses, Factions, and Races open for the group.

wander

RobHumph

Certainly interested. Is this Book or TV based (just have to ask that at this point, with how different they are) and any details on the setup for the group? ei, how they were gathered together, who's funding them?

Primarch

Piercescion

Quote from: RobHumph on January 14, 2018, 09:27:45 AM
Certainly interested. Is this Book or TV based (just have to ask that at this point, with how different they are) and any details on the setup for the group? ei, how they were gathered together, who's funding them?

I would consider this by a player basis. Basically if they are only familiar with the show then their tasks and side missions would be focused on that of locations mentioned within the shows.. Dragonstone, Kings Landing, Castle Black, etc where if they are more familiar with the books they can find the more deep details, the isle of faces, the arbor etc. depending on the overall players I might mix the two.

Setting up the groups can begin after the first few posts not unlike lord of the rings when After the discovery of the artifact a group is summoned with forge a special council.

Funding I have a series of ideas there as well as a member or agent of the iron bank, the citadel of maesters or a coalition of interested parties.

Player wise I am thinking 6-8 others with unique skills and abilities.

RobHumph

I assume we can create custom Houses for our Hedge Knights?

Heartsink

Luciferia

If you meet god, tell him to leave me alone

Juggtacular