Interest Check: Feudal Conflict (System/AD&D)

Started by The Great Triangle, February 09, 2010, 06:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I'm interested in playing a game where the PCs begin as influential heroes, and work to spread their feudal holdings, perhaps while building a dynasty.  I'm interested in a game with a stately pace, where months can pass in game at a fairly rapid rate, and yearly time skips are possible.

The game will use a modified version of first edition D&D that I'll post the rules for the benefit of those unfamiliar with the system.  It will be set in a tolkeinesque fantasy country, with wizards towers, large trade cities, and dragons hiding in lairs.  Characters will begin at about level 10, and additional, lower level characters are encouraged.  Most characters will begin as leaders of something, at least an adventuring party.

I'm willing to allow a great deal of player setting creation, but I'll also create large chunks of the setting myself if necessary.

The game will include the following player races:

Dwarf
Elf
Half-Elf
Halfling
Human
Orc

The Game will also include the following classes:   (the thing the character leads is listed in parenthesis)

Acrobat (Burglar's Guild)
Assassin (Assassin's Guild)
Barbarian (Barbarian Horde)
Bard (Performance Troupe)
Cleric (Temple)
Druid (Druid's Circle)
Enchanter (Traveling Carnival)
Fighter (Castle)
Illusionist (Hall of Mirrors)
Magic User (Wizard's Tower)
Monk (Monastery)
Mystic (Messianic Cult)
Necromancer (Dark Tower)
Paladin (N/A)
Ranger (Adventuring Party)
Thief (Thieves' Guild)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

National Acrobat

I'd definitely be up for this. I love 1E ADnD and the idea to step out of the box and create something on a large scale.

MagicalPen

Sounds interesting, but i've never played a system-based game before.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

The Great Triangle

The game will be somewhat complicated, but not excessively so.  Pretty much all of the rules can be summarized, and although the fortress construction rules and weapon/armor interactions are fairly complicated, I think it should be managable if you've got the patience.

Characters will begin the game with 500,000 experience points and 50,000 gold pieces.  This wealth of gold and xp may be split between multiple characters, with each character having a minimum of 5,000 experience points and 500 gold pieces. 

Abilities may be generated by rolling three sided dice six times to generate 6 ability values, then assigning them as desired, or dividing 66 points between the six abilities on a 1 for 1 basis.  Abilities range between 3 and 18 for humans, and for demi-humans unless otherwise specified.  The rule of extra xp for exceptional ability scores will not be observed.  Fighting men with a strength of 18 must roll a number between 1 and 100 to determine exceptional strength.   

The abilities are:

Strength: General might of the character.  Trait effects:

3: suffer a -3 penalty to hit and a -1 penalty to damage.
5 or 4: suffer a -2 penalty on "to hit" rolls in melee combat, and a -1 adjustment on damage rolls.
7 or 6: suffer a -1 penalty on "to hit" rolls in melee combat, and characters with a strength of 
16: gain a +1 bonus to damage
17: get a +1 bonus to hit and to damage
18: get a +1 bonus to hit and a +2 bonus to damage. 
Exceptional strength: can provide bonuses as high as +3 to hit and +6 damage.

Dexterity: Coordination and grace of the character.  Characters with less than 12 dexterity suffer a -5% penalty to sneak and pick pocketing for each point their dexterity falls under 12.  Trait effects:

3: -4 penalty on armor class and a -3 penalty on ranged attacks.
4: -3 penalty to armor class and a -2 penalty on ranged attacks 
5: -2 penalty to armor class and a -1 penalty to hit on ranged attacks.
6: -1 penalty to armor class.   
15: +1 bonus to armor class.
16: +2 bonus to armor class, +5% to opening locks, +1 bonus to ranged attacks. 
17: +3 bonus to armor class, +5% bonus to sneak, +10% bonus to opening locks, +5% bonus to picking pockets, +2 bonus to ranged attack.
18: +4 bonus to armor class, +10% bonus to sneak, +15% bonus to opening locks, +10% bonus to picking pockets, +3 bonus to ranged attacks.

Constitution:  Hardiness and durability of the character.  A character with a constitution of 3 has a 40% chance to survive ressurection and a 35% chance to survive major system shock, such as being thrown into a pot of boiling water.  This chance increases by 5% per point of constitution until it reaches 90%, at which point it slows to 2% per point of constitution, to a max of 99%

3: -2 hit points per level.  (minimum 1)
4-6: -1 hit points per level.  (minimum 1)
15: +1 hit points per level
16: +2 hit points per level
17: +2 hit points per level/+3 hit points per level for fighting men
18: +2 hit points per level/+4 hit points per level for fighting men

Intelligence: Reasoning ability and IQ.  Determines chance to comprehend a new spell, and maximum number of languages known.  The chance to comprehend a spell is equal to 5% per point of intelligence after 2 until intelligence 16, then 10% per point of intelligence at intelligence 17 and 18.  A magic user must roll to comprehend each desired spell, gaining a random spell instead if a spell is not comprehended.

3: 1 minimum spell per level, 2 maximum spells per level.  Can cast only 1st level arcane spells.
4-5: 2 minimum spells per level, 3 maximum spells per level.  Can cast up to 2nd level arcane spells.
6-7: 3 minimum spells per level, 5 maximum spells per level.  Can cast up to 4th level arcane spells.
8-9: 4 minimum spells per level, 6 maximum spells per level. Can learn up to 1 additional language.
10-11: 5 minimum spells per level, 7 maximum spells per level.  Can cast up to 5th level arcane spells, learn 2 additional languages.
12-13: 6 minimum spells per level, 9 maximum spells per level.  Can cast up to 6th level arcane spells, learn 3 additional languages.
14-15: 7 minimum spells per level, 11 maximum spells per level.  Can cast up to 7th level arcane spells, learn 4 additional languages.
16-17: 8 minimum spells per level, 14 maximum spells per level.  Can cast up to 8th level arcane spells, learn 5 additional languages.
18: 9 minimum spells per level, 18 maximum spells per level.  Can cast up to 9th level arcane spells, learn 7 additional languages.

Wisdom:  The character's common sense and reasoning.  Adjusts saving throws vs. spell.  A character with less than 13 wisdom suffers a 5% divine spell failure chance for each point by which his wisdom is lower than 13.

3: -3 penalty to save vs. spell.
4: -2 penalty to save vs. spell.
5-7: -1 penalty to save vs. spell.
13: Gets a bonus 1st level divine spell if a divine spellcasting class.
14: Gets 2 bonus 1st level divine spells.
15: +1 bonus to save vs. spell.  Gets 2 bonus 1st level spells, 1 bonus 2nd level divine spell.
16: +2 bonus to save vs. spell.  Gets 2 bonus 1st level spells, 2 bonus 2nd level spells.
17: +3 bonus to save vs. spell.  Can cast 6th level divine spells.  2 bonus 1st level spells, 2 bonus 2nd level spells, 1 bonus 3rd level spell.
18: +4 bonus to save vs. spell.  Can cast 7th level divine spells.  2 bonus 1st level spells, 2 bonus 2nd level spells, 1 bonus 3rd level spell, 1 bonus 4th level spell.

Charisma:  The character's likability and social graces.

3: 1 maximum henchman.  -30% to subject loyalty, -25% chance of favorable impression.
4: 1 maximum henchman. -25% to subject loyalty, -20% chance of favorable impression.
5: 2 maximum henchmen.  -20% to subject loyalty, -15% chance of favorable impression.
6: 2 maximum henchmen. -15% to subject loyalty, -10% chance of favorable impression.
7: 3 maximum henchmen. -10% to subject loyalty, -5% chance of favorable impression.
8: 3 maximum henchmen. -5% to subject loyalty
9-11: 4 maximum henchmen.
12-13: 5 maximum henchmen  +5% chance of favorable impression.
14: 6 maximum henchmen. +5% to subject loyalty, +10% chance of favorable impression.
15: 7 maximum henchmen. +15% to subject loyalty, +15% chance of favorable impression.
16: 8 maximum henchmen. +20% to subject loyalty, +25% chance of favorable impression.
17: 10 maximum henchmen. +30% to subject loyalty, +30% chance of favorable impression.
18: 15 maximum henchmen. +40% to subject loyalty, +35% chance of favorable impression.

Racial traits are as follows:

(A character may break the racial level and class restrictions, but this is a particularly important event in the story, and the character must pay double experience for each level in the illegal class combination.  Those who violate class and level restrictions are always

Human

-Can train in any class.
-Can reach any level in any class.

Dwarf

-Get a +1 bonus to Constitution
-Min strength 8, max strength 18/80, max dexterity 17, Min constitution 12, max charisma 16,
-Get a +1 bonus to saving throws for every 3 points of constitution
-Darkvision 60 ft.
-Has a +10% chance to open locks, +15% to find traps, -10% chance to climb walls, and a -5% chance to read languages
-Can train to level 10 in a fighting class, or level 8 in a priestly class.  Can train to any level in a rogue class, cannot train as a magic user.
-Cannot train as a ranger, barbarian, acrobat, bard, druid, or mystic
- +2 charisma when dealing with Dwarves

Elf

-Gets a +1 bonus to dexterity
- Max Strength 18/75, Min Dex 7, Min Con 6, Min Int 8,  Min Cha 8
-90% resistance to charm and sleep effects
-Get a +1 bonus to hit when attacking with bows
-Darkvision
-Has a 33% chance to notice secret doors and compartments.
-Gets a +33% bonus to base sneaking skill.  +5% to pick pockets skill, -5% to open locks skill, +10% to find traps skill, and +5% to hear noise.
-Can train to level 7 in a fighting class, level 11 in a magic using class, and any level in a rogue class.  Cannot train as a priest.
-Cannot train as a necromancer, ranger, or illusionist.

Half Elf

-Min Dex 6, Min Con 6, Min Int 4
-30% resistance to charm and sleep spells
-Darkvision 30 feet.
-Has a 33% chance to detect secret doors and compartments.
-Gets a +10% bonus to pick pockets
-Can train to level 5 in a priestly class, 8th level in a fighting class, 8th level in a magic using class, and 11th level in a rogue class.

Halfling

-Get a +1 bonus to constitution, +1 bonus to dexterity
-Gets a +1 bonus to saving throws for every 3 points of constitution
-Min Str 6, Max Str 14, Min dex 8,  Min Con 10,  Min int 6,  Max Wis 17
-Get a +2 bonus to hit when attacking with slings.
-Darvision 30 feet.
-Gain a +33% bonus to sneak skill, a +5% bonus to pick pockets, +5% to open locks, +5% to find traps, +5% to hear noise, -15% to climb walls,  and -5% to read languages
-Can train to level 6 in a fighting class, or to any level in a rogue class.
-Cannot train as a ranger, paladin, or barbarian

Orc

-Get a +2 bonus to strength.  All Orcs can have exceptional strength, and if an Orc's strength is 17, the Orc's exceptional strength roll enjoys a +50 adjustment.  (if the orc is not a fighter, there is still no roll)  If the Orc's strength is 18, the Orc automatically gets strength 18/00.
-Min Strength 10, Max Strength 18/00, Max Dex 16, Min Con 8, Max Int 15, Max Wis 15, Max Cha 9
-Darkvision
-Charisma is treated as being increased by HD when dealing with evil creatures or other orcs.
- Gets a -10% penalty to pick pockets, +5% bonus to open locks, +5% to find traps, +5% to hear noise, +5% to climb walls, -15% to read languages
-Can train to level 9 in a fighting class, or to 11th level in a rogue class
-Cannot train as a bard, acrobat, paladin, or ranger

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

EDIT:  I've transferred the stuff I'm writing up as an online rules reference to Elluiki.  I'm sure everyone will breathe a sigh of relief.  (As well as get a much better format.)

Consult https://elliquiy.com/wiki/First_Edition  for the game rules!

Ons and Offs

Bayushi

I'd be interested if it weren't First Edition.

Second Edition I could do. But First Edition was so bad, that I just don't enjoy it.

The Great Triangle

I'll be making some signifigant rules changes, but second edition isn't an option.  If you talk specifically about some of the things you didn't like about first edition, I can try and adjust those things to better to your liking.

Also, to clarify a bit on how much influence a character can start out with, to control a town or city, you need a fortress with a value equal or greater than the population of the town or city, crewed by a garrison of at least 50 for every 1,000 people in the town or city.  Therefore, characters who spend all of their starting gold on fortress construction and hiring soldiers will be able to lead a city with a population of about 30,000-35,000.  (if you don't want to determine the specifics of your fortress, I can do that for you)  To maintain the loyalty of her staff, a character should have at least three months of pay on hand at all times.

The tax rate a character can get from his people is dependant on class.  A character can charge up to 100% more than the normal tax rate, decreasing the loyalty of his subjects, or can increase the loyalty of his subjects by giving them at least a 30% tax break.  Charging no taxes will bring commerce and population to the city, but the character will be completely reliant on adventuring or other enterprises to pay the city garrison.

A fighter can extract 7sp from each person in his domain per month, while other fighters can charge a tax rate of 5sp per month. 
Illusionists and Enchanters can get a tax rate of 3sp per month, while magic-users can get 4sp per month and necromancers can get 5sp a month.
Clerics can get 9sp a month from each person of the same faith, and 2sp a month from each person of different faiths.  Other priests can get 8sp a month from each person of the same faith, and 3sp a month from each person of different faiths.
Rogues can extract a tax rate of 5sp per month from their domain, and don't have to pay to bail out their criminal companions.  An excessively high crime rate will lower the loyalty of the Rogue's subjects.

(the difference in tax rates is based on how much the common man relates to and likes a particular class.  Necromancers can also extract a great deal of money from their population because of the fear they engender)

The base rate of population growth in a city is 1% per month, but many factors can change this.  I'll have a more complete set of rules on city growth and loyalty on the wiki reasonably soon.

Ons and Offs

WyzardWhately

I love 1E, and I love Birthright-style kingdom-management stuff.  I'm all over this, if you'll have me.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

The Great Triangle

Most certainly.  I'm currently in the process of writing up dieties, if nobody has any particular dieties they would like to follow.  The list of dieties will be a number of gods and goddesses borrowed from a variety of mythologies, plus some very general archtypes.  The evil gods will mostly be mythos gods from lovecraft.

For the starting position of the game, I'm thinking two kingdoms, the northern kingdom of Zagys, and the southern kingdom of Bergovia.  Zagzys is a standard heriditary monarchy, and Bergovia is a monarchy where the king is expected to abdicate on death, and a new king is elected by the lords and ladies.  The two kingdoms see quite a bit of conflict between each other, and the king of one of them is growing senile in old age.   To the south are jungles filled with lizardmen, to the west are inhospitable deserts, to the north are mountains haunted by goblins, ogres, and red dragons, and to the east is a vast sea, frequented by pirates.  The region has more than a few navigable rivers, and not enough lords take up patroling the sea to keep river communities safe from the threat of pirate invasion.

Aside from cities the PCs create, the kingdom of Zagzys will have 7 NPC towns, while the kingdom of Bergovia will have 10 NPC towns.  Most towns are run by a 9th level fighter, though Zagzys has two towns run by a magic user and one town run by a necromancer.  Kings generally don't intervene in vendettas between lords and ladies, unless the royal tribute is in jeapordy or the entire kingdom is made to look weak by the vendetta. 

Ons and Offs

rancorius

I'm interested though I never played 1st ed before

WyzardWhately

You know, in the interest of making the world a bit bigger, and hopefully increasing the population, you might have a secondary recruitment thread for pure adventurer types.  A double-handful or so of PCs of up to sixth level, running around, taking commissions, and causing trouble, would probably liven things up a bit.  It might also be less intimidating, and so draw in players who would balk at the city & kingdom management stuff.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

The Great Triangle

Hmm... That is a pretty good idea, I must admit.  I'll go ahead and pot that in, I'm thinking.  :-) 

(I might need other players to run dungeons during the game though.) 

Ons and Offs

Kate

Hi all - If any who is very familiar with the mechanics of first edition feels inclined to
i would adore if they made a character for me with this template

Name: Ayeoa
Race: Human
Class: Mystic
Level: 9
Religion : Special -More spiritually focused than diety-worshiping (See below)

Ayeoa seems inhumanly ageless and beautiful - she herself too surreal and dreamy to really be considered appealing sexually. Her blinks that last for a full minute while she walks about as if she can see regardless is very unsettling to many her would otherwise think of her that way. She would likely be interested in those that get used to it however, as long as they believe in the same calling that has taken her.

___ Overview  ____

Ayeoa was always thought particularly weird by her noble parents who went to great pains to marry her off as soon as possible, to be rid of her values more than to gain anything from the exchange. Suitors were interested in her beauty but her beliefs unsettled them enough such that it never eventuated.

She believes the world is made of spirit condensing into the forms she sees around her and has spent time talking to spirit believing that on the whole it is keen to see the living expand on opportunities and that spirit shares in experiences along side their living brethren.  Being fascinated in eternalness, it didn't take long for Ayeoa to also as without eternal beauty as what appeal would eternalness have ?

Granting such a state, while maintaining healthy perspectives is the dream she wishes to give to others sharing her vision, to live with others surrounded by such free of jealousy, hatred, while dominated with wonder, freedom and prosperity.

She is quiet convinced beauty and sex can lessen jealousy and all difficult emotions and memories. She believes kinks and perverted inclinations are spirit's messages of what the soul needs to be free of unhealthy emotions while simultaneously increasing the bond between the living and spirit.

To her what one wants to be happy for natural desires is a calling and an opportunity to evolve spiritually, and denial or imposing conditions - a choice otherwise all will eventually overcome.

Sex in all of its glory is highly encouraged in a manner that has offended other nations in the past, and present, and likely will do so in the future.

As a leader her presence does reinforce regality and of what followers she has, all more or less either share in her vision or find it a welcome change to the ones most other nobles have. Those who aid her aid directly or indirectly in related research, search for rare magic and artifacts, or help the lives of those who do.

Ayeoa ideally desires to live in harmony with the natural world as much as possible, but unlike druids or wood elves, values stone constructions on the condition they are a work of art as well as something which serves a practical means.

___ System Mechanics ____

Str: 4  Dex: 9  Con: 12  Int: 10  Wis: 13  Cha: 18
HP: 20
AC: 17  (counts as chainmail)
Attack Bonus: +4 (+2 in melee)
Saves:  Wands: +12, Death: +16, Polymorph: +13, Spell: +11

Weapon Proficiencies: Spear, Scimitar, Javelin, Fist, Dart

Possessions: Ring of Protection +2, Wand of Polymorphing (83 charges left), Bracers of Defense +5, 4,000gp

Spells: All cleric spells of 1st through 5th level.  (may substitute spell knowledge for enhanced spells)
Spell Slots: 6/4/3/2/1

Followers: 7 half elf Fighter/4 Cleric/3, Magic User/2 assistants, 2 3rd level Elven fighter/thieves, 3 5th level Elven Fighters.  All of your followers wear elven chain, carry +1 longswords, and longbows with a quiver of 20 +2 arrows.  They have a 10 in every stat, and average hit points.

___ Assistants (candidate looks /landscape)  ____

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs15/300W/f/2007/070/1/e/Reisha_The_Elf_by_RafM.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fargofilmmaking/images/b/b7/Sorceress.jpg

http://lesbiangamers.com/wp-content/themes/eGamer/timthumb.php?src=http://lesbiangamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/Link_in_Lesboland.jpg&h=250&w=250&zc=1

http://images.mmosite.com/feature/news/2006_12_15/shaiya14.jpg

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/leia-cosplay-1.jpg

http://static.desktopnexus.com/wallpapers/63289-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/leia-cosplay-1.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_833T1eDvUes/Sfj3ZtfaQfI/AAAAAAAAAHo/vW9Ras5xcDg/s576/%5Bwallcoo%5D_cg_artwork_kjun_and_97bzo_04.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3582/3662050135_98b0237b77.jpg

http://www.take20.org/wp-content/uploads/serena2.jpg

http://fantasyartdesign.com/free-wallpapers/wallpaper.php?u_i=56&i_i=193&best=true&srt=1
http://www.dungeonplanet.com/misc/Lineage-II-Music-Video-Kokia-Harmony.jpg

http://www.flashcoo.com/cartoon/cg_artwork_wallpapers_02_1600x1200/images/CG_artwork_desktop_raphael_lacoste_02.jpg

http://www.desktop-3d.com/wallpapers/38/Bavaria_-_Fairy_Tale_Fantasy.jpg

WyzardWhately

Let me know how you want to roll dice for attributes.  I'd almost prefer for you to make all the chargen rolls for each player and post them in the thread - this tends to prevent temptation on the part of players.  Considering this is a high level game, I'd prefer to see a more generous method than 3d6...but I'll see what I get.   ;D

You mentioned starting wealth - what about starting magic items?  Starting spellbook for magic-user types?

The Great Triangle

Starting magic items are purchased using the costs in the wiki.  I've balanced things so people can be running a community with a population of about 10,000 while still being equipped decently.  Those starting off the game without a kingdom will likely start with an artifact level item, which they'll still have to worry about running out of charges or having it stolen. 

Starting spellbooks have spells chosen, and rolled against chance to know percentages, either having me roll it, or rolled using the site dice roller.  Random spellbooks are also quite viable.  I'll make an exception for the read magic spell, which anyone can automatically know. 

Characters who fail their spell knowledge rolls, or want to learn more than the minimum number of spells, can purchase grimoires for 50gp per spell level to get another chance at learning magic.   

I must admit 3d6 isn't very generous at all, but 1st edition also doesn't punish low stats or reward high stats all that much.  Characters who have high stats should likely claim divine descent.  (defaulting to 66 point buy also enables pretty much everyone to have an 18 who wants one.)  Generating Kat's character using a 66 point statline would pretty much result in something like this:

Str: 4  Dex: 9  Con: 12  Int: 10  Wis: 13  Cha: 18

HP: 20
AC: 17  (counts as chainmail)
Attack Bonus: +4 (+2 in melee)
Saves:  Wands: +12, Death: +16, Polymorph: +13, Spell: +11

Weapon Proficiencies: Spear, Scimitar, Javelin, Fist, Dart

Possessions: Ring of Protection +2, Wand of Polymorphing (83 charges left), Bracers of Defense +5, 4,000gp

Spells: All cleric spells of 1st through 5th level.  (may substitute spell knowledge for enhanced spells)
Spell Slots: 6/4/3/2/1

Followers: 7 half elf Fighter/4 Cleric/3, Magic User/2 assistants, 2 3rd level Elven fighter/thieves, 3 5th level Elven Fighters.  All of your followers wear elven chain, carry +1 longswords, and longbows with a quiver of 20 +2 arrows.  They have a 10 in every stat, and average hit points.

Ons and Offs

WyzardWhately

So...I'd probably go with stats of about the following:

Str: 8
Dex: 8
Con: 10
Int: 16
Wis: 8
Cha: 16

I'm not too sure what to do with the money & castle construction stuff, I'd probably prefer to go over that with you.  Maybe in real time, if you have an IM client? 

Famine

I am interested in this greatly, Never truly went into 1E but I think I could do it. . . I like the Setting up a kingdom deal as well.
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

The Great Triangle

I believe my contact details are active.  Have been having issues with yahoo though, so I'd reccomend AIM or MSN.  Hopefully I'll be able to iron out some of the kinks in my rules as written.  :-)

(it really is in such an ugly alpha stage at the moment, but I'll be improving it till it's comprehensible.)

Ons and Offs

Kate

the great triangle - I have accepted your suggestion of mechanics - and have also appended links to candidate photos of what some of my followers MAY look like.

I have noticed also that you have made another thread for adventurers that want to be part of this without the hassle of running a kingdom. If you do want to offer any to be part of mine i am happy to accept them as any of my followers.
(they will probably get favoured over the others for obvious reasons lol ).

The Great Triangle

I've now got a game page for you guys to post your character sheets:

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/The_Twin_Kingdoms_of_Zagzys_and_Bergovia

Go ahead and click on the relevant links to lord characters, write your character's name in two brackets, [[like this]], then save changes and click on your character's name.  That will bring you to your character's page, where you can post your character sheet.  I'll clean up the formatting when I get time, and make sure everything is above board. 

If you don't want to divulge your character's secrets, go ahead and leave strategically placed things out of your character sheet, as long as the GM is aware of them.

Ons and Offs

Kate

I have updated my character to be in ...
https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Lords

I am not sure how to create a sub-page under the "lords" page however so I am not sure if she is in the right place

The Great Triangle

Went ahead and moved your character to a sub page.  You're all set up as far as that goes. 

How big a community did you want to run, anyway?  Just your followers would give you enough manpower to run a village of 500 people.  If you hired some soldiers and built some barracks, you could run a considerably bigger community.  You can also choose the race of your followers at will, with your wand of polymorphing. 

Ons and Offs

Kate

is the polymorphing wand permenant and can i choose what the changes are ?

can you elaborate on it a little please ?

The Great Triangle

You can change a person's appearance and species at will permanently, though this has a 20-30% chance of killing the subject.  The only restriction is that you can't turn someone into something more intelligent.  When I get monster stats written up, most monsters will have a stat line for use in these eventualities and for PC use. 

At any rate, turning a character into a dragon is generally pretty powerful, but the individual will take on the personality of a dragon quite often.  Also, if you polymorph a 1hp 0 level human into a dragon, you end up with a dragon with 1hp.  (conversely, polymorphing a 99hp 13th level fighter into an ant creates the most badass 99hp ant ever.)  Polymorphing a character causes the character to gain the strength score, natural AC, natural attacks, and movement modes of its new form.  Special attacks and defenses are unchanged, and most other stats are unaffected.

Ons and Offs

Kate

what if i want to change gender - or specific bodily characteristics ... like sexual organs etc.

The Great Triangle

Very very easy.  As long as you stay within the physiological limits of any one existing creature type.  Note that there's a chance for the individual to change mentally as well as physically, though with the chance of death by system shock, you obviously shouldn't genderbend too often.  (but since you can cast raise dead, you might not need to worry about that so much.)

I'll also let you switch out cleric spells for druid spells if you want, while you're creating your character. 

Ons and Offs

WyzardWhately

Great Triangle is aware of this, but others may perhaps not be.  I've got my character finished and submitted, and I'm most excited to start playing.  I hope that we can get a few additional players signed up in the next few days.

Anathanasia

Quote from: WyzardWhately on February 17, 2010, 06:44:54 PM
Great Triangle is aware of this, but others may perhaps not be.  I've got my character finished and submitted, and I'm most excited to start playing.  I hope that we can get a few additional players signed up in the next few days.

Me too!

Well, I'm playing one of the adventurers, but ...

Me too!  ;D
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Anathanasia on February 18, 2010, 03:06:13 PM
Me too!

Well, I'm playing one of the adventurers, but ...

Me too!  ;D

It's strange.  I can understand why this game attracts somewhat rarefied tastes, the more grounded adventure-ey one I would have expected to have more of a response.  I guess it's just the wrong week, or something.

The Great Triangle

Oh well, we could always get a dungeon crawl or two going to retain the interest of the current players, then work on keeping the game continuously expanding.  :-) 

I recently implemented an encumbrance system, but it's something that should be tracked ONLY when a character is delving into a dungeon for loot.  It could be handy for tracking how difficult it is to carry around large amounts of gold though.  All weights are expressed in coins, which are equivelent to 1/10th of a pound.

Ons and Offs

WyzardWhately

Quote from: The Great Triangle on February 19, 2010, 06:53:54 AM
Oh well, we could always get a dungeon crawl or two going to retain the interest of the current players, then work on keeping the game continuously expanding.  :-) 

That's what I figured we'd do.  I'll keep an eye out for anyone I could potentially rope in.

Kate

have updated with details of my village
(which may be moved into another section in Bergovia)

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Ayeoa

It needs approval by the great triangle in its current state and some idea
of the financial benefits the village can get from its silk production etc before time can tick over for the community.

Also my character is in a state ready for adventure.  Either her or one or more of my followers I am happy to role play either alone or with others that are adventures from the other thread (The Twin Kingdoms of Zagzys and Bergovia) (they can be part of my community or someone I hire ... or someone I happen to meet ..)

Currently the village is taxless - with the hope new village- industries will pay for the villages improvement (and military) directly ... ideally keeping the populus tax free..

Kate

ok I have done what i can for starting a hamlet ...

keen on either role playing or overhauling it to manage weekly updates while we are waiting for others ...

also i can be part of something the other thread is doing if we are waiting for others here ..

The Great Triangle

You can be part of the other thread if you like, or simply set up your own thread for doing your adventures and roleplaying.  I apologize profusely for being a little slow in setting things up; I've been crippled by a migraine last couple of days.

Ons and Offs

WyzardWhately

Quote from: The Great Triangle on February 24, 2010, 12:10:50 PM
You can be part of the other thread if you like, or simply set up your own thread for doing your adventures and roleplaying.  I apologize profusely for being a little slow in setting things up; I've been crippled by a migraine last couple of days.

I think migraines act as an automatic and complete excuse.  No apologies necessary.

Kate

I retract my involvement in this game

WyzardWhately

If someone has abused you via PM, the appropriate action is to contact the moderation staff.  Unless you do this, your allegations are very much unfounded.  It's unfair to ask people to take you at your word in this regard. 

For what it's worth, I thought your 'attempts to create things' were at minimum extremely presumptuous, and insofar as I understand probably bordered on god-moding.

Kate

unfounded is different to formal.

Your opinion is simply that - what I didn't deserve was being insulted in the ways I was.