Mars Colony - Still open to new players

Started by Chrystal, July 29, 2012, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AidenWhite

Here you go, I took a look at some of the professions available and it was a toss up between Research Scientist, Doctor or Butcher.

player: AidenWhite

Name: Vladimir Makarov
Nationality: Mother Russia
Sexuality: Straight

Job: Doctor
Specific skills: Large knowledge of medicine and advanced medical technology and the how-to on how to use it

Height: 187 cm
Weight: 85 kg

Eye Colour: Blue
Hair colour: Brown

Distinguishing marks: Bullet wounds from his chest to his abs, scar running from the cheek bone to the jaw (Tank explosion in war), three tattoos: Hammer and Sickle on his neck, mother's birthday in Roman numerals on his forearm, large cross on his entire back.

Likes: Saving lives, comedy, witty jokes, dark humor, football (in the conventional sense), classic rock, Russia, women from Russia, women in general, lots and lots of sex and vodka.
Dislikes:  Dealing with ignorant assholes, dislikes people with no sense of humor, being serious all the damn time, capitalist rich pigs.

Psych profile/personality: Dominant bad-ass who takes matter into his own hands, usually holding a scalpel or saving a life or two. He had a few psychological problems since he came from from fighting in an Oil War but they have been mostly cured with supplements of medicine. Rather intelligent and charismatic, he enjoys the company of others and provides support to those in trouble. As long as they aren't American. After many fights with the Americans, he developed an innate hate for all of them. This is a psychological problem that has never been cured only because Vladimir himself requested for this. However, years pass and he tried to get past his hatred and has made some progress, however, still hating the capitalist rich guys of America.

History: The Mars mission needed a doctor and they administrators looked no further after examining the resumé of Dr. Vladimir Makarov, medicine prodigy and master of the scalpel. They chose him almost immediately. However, it was not Dr. Makarov who put his resumé into question, it was one of his friends who thought that he needed to get out and do more stuff instead of laying around his home, watching Russian soap operas and living off his pension from being released from the army. Reluctantly, he packed his bags and took the role of doctor in this new Mars Mission.

My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Dashenka

I do like a little off character but remember there has been a thorough screening process. A Russian semi-psychopath who hates Americans is a VERY big reliability on a Martian base (especially since there are Americans in the base). It's up to Chrystal though to decide but I think you should take that bit out.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Montagne

Quote from: AidenWhite on October 05, 2012, 08:37:45 PM
Here you go, I took a look at some of the professions available and it was a toss up between Research Scientist, Doctor or Butcher.

player: AidenWhite

Name: Vladimir Makarov
Nationality: Mother Russia

Job: Doctor
Specific skills: Large knowledge of medicine and advanced medical technology and the how-to on how to use it

Height: 187 cm
Weight: 85 kg

Hair colour: Brown

Distinguishing marks: Bullet wounds from his chest to his abs, scar running from the cheek bone to the jaw (Tank explosion in war), three tattoos: Hammer and Sickle on his neck, mother's birthday in Roman numerals on his forearm, large cross on his entire back.

Likes: Saving lives, comedy, witty jokes, dark humor, football (in the conventional sense), classic rock, Russia, women from Russia, women in general, lots and lots of sex and vodka.
Dislikes:  Dealing with ignorant assholes, dislikes people with no sense of humor, being serious all the damn time, capitalist rich pigs.

Psych profile/personality: Dominant bad-ass who takes matter into his own hands, usually holding a scalpel or saving a life or two. He had a few psychological problems since he came from from fighting in an Oil War but they have been mostly cured with supplements of medicine. Rather intelligent and charismatic, he enjoys the company of others and provides support to those in trouble. As long as they aren't American. After many fights with the Americans, he developed an innate hate for all of them. This is a psychological problem that has never been cured only because Vladimir himself requested for this. However, years pass and he tried to get past his hatred and has made some progress, however, still hating the capitalist rich guys of America.

History: The Mars mission needed a doctor and they administrators looked no further after examining the resumé of Dr. Vladimir Makarov, medicine prodigy and master of the scalpel. They chose him almost immediately. However, it was not Dr. Makarov who put his resumé into question, it was one of his friends who thought that he needed to get out and do more stuff instead of laying around his home, watching Russian soap operas and living off his pension from being released from the army. Reluctantly, he packed his bags and took the role of doctor in this new Mars Mission.

I'm saying a strong no to your character aiden. Reasons in a PM

Chrystal

I feel obliged to say that I support Atlas' decision and his reasoning.

(I should probably point out that if I disagree with him it will be via PM).

Atlas is in charge of recruiting, and I trust his judgement, however, anyone who's character is rejected or is asked to modify it, does have a right of appeal to me.

In this case I have to agree. Sorry Aiden.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

DarkRose15

player: DarkRose15

Name: Darien Maxwell
Nationality: United States
Sexuality: Bisexual, with a love of shyness

Job: Miner
Specific skills: Very strong, excellent knowledge of proper equipment and safety protocols, easily taught new skills and is very enthusiastic about a hard day's work

Height: 188 cm
Weight: 88 kg

Eye Colour: Brow
Hair colour: Light brown

Distinguishing marks: Scar on his shoulder from an old injury in a mining accident, a few faded scars on his back and one on his right leg

Likes: Getting down and dirty (in both senses of the word), doing a good job, helping out where he can, reading (a closet bibliophile), geology, seducing/being seduced, being on top (unless convinced otherwise with delightful temption)
Dislikes: Laziness, people who don't take pride in their work, bullies, people without a sense of humor

Psych profile/personality: Darien is a joker, he can take anything and make it funny even if it really shouldn't be. But he knows when to turn it off and be serious and is very adamant about doing his best work when on the job. Doing anything less than his very best is a foreign concept to him. He is hard to insult, brushing everything off and taking it in stride, but inside he can actually be a very sensitive guy and a bit of a romantic. He's very protective of those he cares about and if it came down to it would give his own life to save them.

History: Not much of an adventurer, Darien was convinced to go to Mars because of his expertise in mining. But in the end, he decided that it was a great opportunity and took it. It helped that he had his heart broken not long before he left for training in the Antarctic, giving him the additional push to try something new. After a bit of time he became excited, the idea of mining on a new world and maybe even uncovering new
types of geological structures or processes sealing the deal. Now that he's on Mars, he's eager to get his hands dirty...and maybe mend his broken heart.
Other info: Darien enjoys being in the buff when not on the job. Anyone coming into his room would do well to knock, though he doesn't mind showing off his goods and making a well timed quip. He also works out to keep his physique up, so if he's not prancing in his birthday suit in his room he can be found in the gym listening to audio books while jogging or lifting weights.
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Chrystal

Approved, pending you putting height and weight in, please dear?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Prince Truhan

I know most people probably have a better idea of height/weight ratios than me, but I use this toy for such endeavors:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

Chrystal

By the way, in case anyone is wondering...?

As Atlas has dropped out, I am once again taking over the approval (or not) of character applications.

eiselmann

player:Eiselmann
Name: Eli Eiselmann
Nationality: Born in New Zealand Grew up in Israel

Job: Research Scientist
Specific skills: PHd in Astrobiology

Height: 186cm.
Weight: 92kg .

Eye Colour: Hazel.
Hair colour: Black.

Distinguishing marks: none.

Likes: Krav Maga, Football (the global version) Vibro blading and listening to Neo Rock Music esp the group Pricton Dyno?
Dislikes: Bullies and people who never switch off?

Psych profile/personality: Intellectually hes natural gifted , many view him as lazy since he hardly did any study as a student , considers himself a free spirit and while he understands the need for authority he generally considers rules as rough guidelines, saying that when the pressure is on to produce results he always finds a way to get the job done

History: Started High school at age ten he graduated at age 12 Got his double Masters at age 15 Astro Physics and Biology from TelAviv University and then studied for his PHd in Astro Biology at Oxford University at 17, the Israeli Government nominated him for their place in the Mars Colony Project officially because of his work in Terra Forming ...unofficially ...'to get rid of him' ?

Other info: Because he advanced so quickly with his education , one important aspect of his life never caught up....females...hes attracted to all and any female and has absolutely no idea how to talk to them
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Chrystal

Excellent, Eiselmann.

Your character is approved. I will move him and DRs new guy to the approved thread this weekend.

In the mean time, please go say hi to the gang in the OOC thread. Please read the first five posts of the OOC (if you haven't already done so) as they contain much important information.

And then when you have done so, please feel free to post in any thread except The Martian Surface, as everyone is inside sheltering from the storm

NaughtyKitty

player: NaughtyKitty

Name: Dr. Katelynn Royse
Nationality: United States of America
Sexuality: Lesbian

Job: Assistant Chief Engineer
Specific skills: Ph.D in Aerospace Engineering, MS in Mechanical Engineer, BS in Materials Science, Professional Engineer Certification, Pilot

Height: 168 cm
Weight: 54 kg

Eye Colour: Green
Hair colour: Red

Distinguishing marks: None

Likes: Anything that goes fast, Reading, Music, Target Shooting, Design, Building
Dislikes: Idiotic people, Small spaces, Traffic

Psych profile/personality: Swings between introvert and extrovert.  Some days she will hole up somewhere to work on a new project or read a book....other days she can be found out and about carousing.  She is always quick with a smile and has a eye for things of beauty.  Fastidious and a bit of a perfectionist, she prefers to have things just so. This encompasses everything from her work to her living space.

History: Once Katelynn graduated with her Ph.D, she was courted by the giants of the Aerospace Industry.  Both JPL and Lockheed Martin's SkunkWorks were in contention, but in the end she chose to accept the position with NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory due to her life long love of everything to do with Space.  While with JPL, she worked on several projects relating to transportation side of the then-upcoming Manned Mars Missions.  When word came down that NASA was looking for applicants to travel to Mars to establish the first Human Colony there, Katelynn jumped at the chance and threw her hat in the ring.  After a lengthy selection process, she was selected to be the colony's Assistant Chief Engineer.  Secretly she had been hoping for the lead position, but agreed that Dr. Stanton's direct, intimate knowledge of the colony's systems made her the logical choice. 

Other info: Never goes anywhere without a knife.  Secretly she had two goals when she arrived on Mars:  To be the first person to mimic Alan Shepard and hit a golf ball on the surface of Mars and to visit the final locations of all of NASA's early 21st century robotic rovers. 

Chrystal

Approved.

Please go and say hi to the others in the OOC.

Ambie

any room left on this? I'd love to do a character...

Chrystal

Ambie

Name: Captain Amber "V" Valentine

Job: Emergency Pilot, Backup Co-Pilot, Vehicle/enclosure Maintenance
Specific skills: Engineer Certification from M.I.T., Shuttle pilot, ground transport pilot, heavy machines operator, welding, electrical repair, software coding/repair

Height: 160 cm
Weight: 47.6 kg

Eye Colour: Green
Hair colour: Blonde

Distinguishing marks: Small Tattoo of a bird on the top of her foot

Likes: Fast Cars, Drinks, Anything involving risk, physical activities, out doing other people, sports, being treated like a lady.
Dislikes: People that talk down to her or tell her she cannot do things, authority figures, people that pick on others.

Psych profile/personality: She comes off as a hard ass, but once you separate her from her normal military surroundings, she becomes a sweet, caring, girly girl. She pushes hard trying to prove everyone wrong about her, given her fathers high military ranking. She took this post to get away from his reach and prove she can hold well on her own. She is very technical in her thinking, always planning and always figuring things out...she rarely lets her guard down but is dying to find someone to pull her guard away from her completely, someone she can rely on. Very intelligent.

History: Born into a heavy military family, her dad was always disappointed that he had a girl, so he mostly stayed away from her. Lusting for his attention she went into military school voluntarily and quickly excelled. He silently helped her move up, but one she learned of this she tried to shrug away his help. Going her on way on things and doing just as well or better. Stuck with this stigma, she has sought posts farther from his reach but he always seems to find a way given her last name and his very well known name given his past (brilliant military tactician and planner, 5 stars achieved).

Other info: Youngest and first female to pass the hyper speed response test showing how quickly one can make decisions at thousands of miles per hour. A bit of a nerd at times. A bit of an exhibitionist as well at times.

Chrystal

I'm very tempted to just appove the character, but I can't, I'm afraid, without some clarification?

Pilot of what, exactly?

The base has one shuttle, which has at least three people I know of capable of flying it already on base. Each of those have alternate jobs.

The other shuttle returned to the orbiting transport ship. It will be back in 24 hours for the final drop and will then head back to the mothership again, which will return home.

I'm afraid we don't need someone who is just a pilot. If you can give her another job, like vehicle maintenance, then i can approve her.

Ambie

Updated and changed! We going to come down on the second shuttle I assume?

Chrystal

Much better, character is approved, although she is going to be in an interesting spot when it comes to who she reports to... Being military, she is officially responsible to the military XO, but as maintenance she is responsible to the head of engineering, who is a MarsCorp employee...

I think that her role as emergency pilot - by that, I'm assuming you mean the person who flies the SAR aircraft - she is under Blinkin's character, Major Laura Hicks, who is head of security and military 2IC, but in her every day role she comes under the civilian authority. The military role overrides the civilian.

The second shuttle is already down, unloaded and on its way back up to orbit. Please feel free to post in any thread EXCEPT The Martian Surface, as anyone still outside is already dead, as there is a major dust-storm raging.

Ideal place to start would be the Main Dome.

Please read the first five posts in the OOC thread carefully before posting IC as they give important back-ground information. And also, please say Hi to the others in the OOC thread...

LordMing

Hi there, I'm new to the forum, but here is my entry to the list of characters, a security guy.
player: LordMing

Name: Carter Gray

Job: Security Guard
Specific skills: United States Navy SEAL (Former C.P.O.), Black Eagle Executive Security Training

Height: 188 cm
Weight: 89 Kg

Hair colour: Black
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Chrystal

Hi Ming.

I'm really sorry about this, but we're quota full on security guards. We need everything else, especially construction and mining engineers of whom we have one who dropped out!

Scientists, maintenance people, cleaners, laundry staff, cooks.... I understand why people want the more glamorous-appearing jobs, but in fact, all the security people really get to do is stand around all day looking pretty. If you want a really exciting and tough job, then construction of the new base facilities, mining of ores etc, is going to involve getting out onto the Martian surface a lot more than anyone else... It sounds boring, but actually, other than the top slots that went very early on, it's probably the most glamorous job going on Mars...

Florence

I could maybe get into this if I have the time, though I'm not entirely sure which role to take...

Is the Com tech position still open? I know they're military, but would it be acceptable for them to be sort of a laid back type of character, who knows their way around the audio equipment well enough, but is mostly in it for the sake of DJing? xD Could have signed up with the military, gotten bored of all the protocol and regulations, had a head for audio equipment due to DJing back before signing up, and decided to apply that to military technology (with additional training of course) and got sent to Mars with ideas of lounging around, repairing things when they break, doing as little work as they can get away with, and DJing for the entertainment of the colony?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Chrystal

Hi Finn.

Com Tech is open, yes. There is one dropped-out player in the role, character is now NPC and available if you wish to take it up, or make an OC for the role. There would be more than one person in that post, after all!

As for being a military DJ...

*coughs and clears throat*

GOOD MORNING, VIETNAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!
Good Morning Vietnam AC first broadcast

In other words.... Go for it...

Florence

xD!!! I totally forgot about that. Alright, I'll see what I can think up xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Chrystal

Cool.

Do be aware though that all characters have undergone an intensive screening, psych profiling and whittling down process. There is no way someone who didn't "cut the mustard" would make it through that. In other words he (or she, I'm not fussy) would need to be VERY good at the job in order to get away with being lazy. I think I said something like three years on Antarctica, and it started with 300 candidates, and was halved twice, down to 75 plus the command team.

Florence

Quote from: Chrystal on December 29, 2012, 05:46:06 PM
Cool.

Do be aware though that all characters have undergone an intensive screening, psych profiling and whittling down process. There is no way someone who didn't "cut the mustard" would make it through that. In other words he (or she, I'm not fussy) would need to be VERY good at the job in order to get away with being lazy. I think I said something like three years on Antarctica, and it started with 300 candidates, and was halved twice, down to 75 plus the command team.

Oh, I know. I wasn't intending for them to suck at the job or anything. I was thinking more like... Joker from Mass Effect. Great at the job, but with a very laid back, joking personality.