What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmdrRenegade

Shadowrun for the Genesis.  I started playing this game to help prepare for a group game and after 3 days it has beaten me.  The game seems to be set out to screw me at any and every given turn.  The grind is just far too slow just to get a weapon (Ares Predator) that will at least make you threatening.  I'm tired of trying to use a character who lumbers along while being chased by two pissant gang members and my character can never even run from them.  Shoot them 4 times and they can still come up and punch you to death.  I can't deal with it anymore.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Amy Liz

Any game without a f...... FOV slider.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Liz on April 21, 2012, 06:35:17 AM
Any game without a f...... FOV slider.

So, all of them excepting Borderlands 2? :P

Amy Liz

Really? Well it's not as if I play a lot of games anyway :P

Deluxe489

Quite a few years ago, when I was still in high school, I went by Gamestop to browse through the games. I usually didn't buy anything because most everything was ~$50 and I was saving my money, but at the time I had an obsession with Sonic (the Hedgehog) and saw a copy of Sonic Heroes for just $10. I had never heard of the game, and naturally got excited and bought it.

I still consider this the worst purchasing decision in my entire life.

Sabby

I was just sad they ruined arguably the best thing ever to come out of the series... as if it wasn't enough to give Metal Sonic a Matrix cloak, then they made him a shitty looking Mecha Godzilla... thing.

Elias

Any and all games that come from movies.

Narnia games suck, LoTR games suck (At least the ones where you play main charries), you know how much effort went into building such expansive worlds and you give us one dimensional hack and slashes. WTF? hate them.  :P

Aftiel

Quote from: Elias on April 22, 2012, 01:09:34 PM
Any and all games that come from movies.

Narnia games suck, LoTR games suck (At least the ones where you play main charries), you know how much effort went into building such expansive worlds and you give us one dimensional hack and slashes. WTF? hate them.  :P

I have one that changes that... The game after the movie Avatar, its story was far more impressive to me at least, than the movies, there was more terrain used and such, you just had to ignore certain inconsistencies in the beginning, but after like the first chapter, it was better than the movie, to me at least, cus I wasn't a fan of dancing with the wolves with blue catpeople in space.
I was such an edgelord a decade ago LOL.

Elias

Someone caught that besides me?! Fantastic, I didn't bother with the game because the movie irked me, but ill give it a look. Thanks!

Aftiel

If you play na'vi side just ignore the fact that you used to be human after the first chapter and the games great.
I was such an edgelord a decade ago LOL.

SeveredExistence

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 18, 2012, 09:15:21 PM
Final Fantasy II,III,V,X,XI,XII......  I've tried starting them up and got bored looking at the title screen.  I'm not going to get into a debate over this.  I'm not saying they are horrible, just in my book I'm retiring them.

I feel the same with just about all the Final Fantasy games except 9,10,12 and 13.

I think it's because I played 2,3,5,6,7 and 8 one too many to many times over my life.

Oniya

Quote from: Aftiel on April 22, 2012, 01:42:43 PM
I wasn't a fan of dancing with the wolves with blue catpeople in space.

That or 'Pocahontas' with blue catpeople in space.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

LunarSage

You all talk like there's such a thing as a truly original idea anymore.   ::)

Somebody's already done the next great movie idea.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Inkidu

Soul Calibur V. This game fucking sucks. They should call it Soul Calibur Online. It's got maybe a fourth of the content of IV. It's got virtually no single-player content. What story it does have (which has been pretty solid since 2) is said to by the developers themselves to be rushed due to time constraints. So now you only deal with a handful of the characters. The rest of the content is basically online. There is an offline mode but it contains two modes that have the computer cheat like a bastard.

I mean, fuck... does it cheat. Controller reading, faster-than-fast reflexes, impossible combos, and negating some of your stuff to boot. At least the others used special conditions to mimic the effects. It just sucks. It's bare-bones and would be more like a first in a series and not a fifth. Japanese console market, just collapse, please. If you keep taking steps backward like this how can you possibly make any money?

God.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

klamity

Total War: Empire

I tried it out and just the style felt all wrong. The cover mechanic is what really put me off. Napoleon looks decent however.

Kytn

I want to like Final Fantasy XII. I really do. But the incessant level and gil grinding drives me CRAZY. =| I'm on the edge of giving up on it for good.
Updates coming soon!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on April 23, 2012, 08:27:27 AM
You all talk like there's such a thing as a truly original idea anymore.   ::)

Somebody's already done the next great movie idea.

Correction - someone's already done the next awful movie idea. Probably in 3-D. :D

Malthas

Probably the Final Fantasy series, began on the NES but with how things are done today I do not like how things have spiraled downwards so bad.

Aside form that I'm going to say Mass Effect and Halo.   

Halo was good, 2 was a disappoint and three did nothing to fix that.   

Mass Effect should have been everything I loved, instead I found it to be quite uninspired and made me wonder what happened to Bioware.   
Make them quiver.  Make them beg.   Make them belong.

Sabby

Have you tried Halo Reach? Last Halo game by Bungie, so they went all out with it. Totally rebuilt the engine, so There's a lot more fitting animations and effects, and they added a lot more level variety as well. The Elites look beefier and more imposing, the sniper Jackals can dash around and bound over or onto debri, dropships actually bombard, instead of that weak looking laser splash, and the enemies in general are just overall more competent.

I like how the Elites have more then one melee attack down. Been kicked it in jaw a few times.

RecklessRapscallion

Final Fantasy 10/10-2 both games were aweful.

As far as table top, I will never play GURPS again.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash Williams
O/O's - Under Construction

LunarSage

Wasn't every Final Fantasy game after 7 absolutely god awful?

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2012, 08:08:27 PM
Correction - someone's already done the next awful movie idea. Probably in 3-D. :D

Ah yes.  Touche.

Malthas

Quote from: Sabby on April 25, 2012, 01:41:40 PM
Have you tried Halo Reach? Last Halo game by Bungie, so they went all out with it. Totally rebuilt the engine, so There's a lot more fitting animations and effects, and they added a lot more level variety as well. The Elites look beefier and more imposing, the sniper Jackals can dash around and bound over or onto debri, dropships actually bombard, instead of that weak looking laser splash, and the enemies in general are just overall more competent.

I like how the Elites have more then one melee attack down. Been kicked it in jaw a few times.

After two strikes I really can't say I have any desire to play Halo anymore no matter what.    I don't want to waste more money on a third strike. 

QuoteWasn't every Final Fantasy game after 7 absolutely god awful?

Some of us have been saying Final Fantasy started a decline due to 7 itself.   
Make them quiver.  Make them beg.   Make them belong.

RecklessRapscallion

Quote from: LunarSage on April 25, 2012, 02:55:51 PM
Wasn't every Final Fantasy game after 7 absolutely god awful?

Ah yes.  Touche.

I care to disagree I felt 7 was heavily overrated and offered nothing after Final Fantasy six. Eight has a solid game system and was well built but the plot was god awful. My favorite Final Fantasy by far is tied between 6 or nine . Nine was really really good and heavily underrated, but it had a good plot, fun mini games and the characters were not blah.

LunarSage

Six?  Didn't it go from three to seven?  I don't remember there being a six.  Three was the one with the green haired girl... Terra, right?  For the SNES?

RecklessRapscallion

In America it went form 3 to 7. But in Japan that was actually the sixth game! That was when Square-Enix was shit at marketing. But yes Terra was the protagonist, awesome game. Kefka was a villain that was not a complete pussy.