The Collective - Secret Society RP (MUL) [INTEREST CHECK]

Started by Sarcyn, June 21, 2010, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarcyn

An exclusive secret society that is the doorway to money, power and everything you’ve ever dreamed of. Sounds cool right? But surely something like this could never actually exist? Not in a day and age where information is free and easily accessible to all and so many of the world’s conspiracies have been exposed. Surely in such a world there couldn’t be some form of dark sect of humanity manipulating and controlling people in the highest echelons of governments around the world? Right?

Wrong.

There is precisely such a sect. More powerful than the freemasons, wealthier than The Bilderberg Group and more secretive than Skull and Bones, before the movie…  It counts amongst it’s members high ranking officials within virtually every government, bank and armed force in the word. Whispers of rituals and ceremonial sacrifice abound as do tales of wizards, demons, angels and other fairy-tale fodder being summoned and controlled by this group of individuals known only as The Collective.

—————-

Okay, so as should be clear from the above blurb - I had an idea for a secret society group game. It would involve various different roles and scenarios, plots twisting together and pulling apart throughout the course of several years of game-time. I’m expecting to put a lot of effort into this game and as such would appreciate players who are equally willing to put their best foot forward.

The game can encompass all aspects of life, and yes I intend there to be sex, but I would rather it not be simply a festival of boinking. I’m looking to develop some political intrigue, some power struggles and rebellions within The Collective. I see this game as almost more of a framework for people to bring together a bunch of plots and ideas, mix them up in a big melting pot and see what the resulting stew tastes like. As indicated I’m more than happy for this game/framework to include magic, and other-worldy beasties… Again though, for me I’d want the main focus to be on the emotions, reactions and relationships that develop between the characters within the world.

In keeping with the idea of this being a secret society, and the time-honoured tradition that at least to start with the participants not knowing each other, I’m locking this thread. Therefore if you are interested please PM me stating your interest and any ideas you have. I’ll be more than happy to discuss details via PM, IM and I’m often found lurking in IRC… though not always in the main rooms. My nick on IRC is Sarcyn too, so if you don’t see me around then just try shooting me a private message/whisper and see if I respond! After all, we wouldn’t want the main architect of the most secretive society on the planet to be too accessible would we?

EDIT: I've realised that it may not be wise in terms of keeping this game up in the list of threads to keep it locked... Therefore I've decided to open it to replies, but feel free to PM me with character ideas as well as replying here.

Secretwriter

I'm interested.  This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm going to hold off on character ideas because I have one or two in my head and I'd like to see what others come up with before setting anything in stone as to which one I'll play.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

elfguy

I'm up for this too, although I do wonder what kind of characters would be in this group. Are we talking mostly heads of states and very rich people? Would their goal be the traditional 'govern the world' idea? And how would they have all joined this group? I think it would be interesting if there were competing goals, like some wanting power for themselves, while causing misery on others, and some wanting to bring a new golden age to the population of the world.

----

Secretwriter

After talking with Sarcyn, my characters aren't named yet, though I've got them figured out.

I'll be playing two of The Collective. Both are straight females, are siblings, and I'm already forming biographies in my mind. 

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Sarcyn

Quote from: elfguy on June 21, 2010, 01:58:17 PM
I'm up for this too, although I do wonder what kind of characters would be in this group. Are we talking mostly heads of states and very rich people? Would their goal be the traditional 'govern the world' idea? And how would they have all joined this group? I think it would be interesting if there were competing goals, like some wanting power for themselves, while causing misery on others, and some wanting to bring a new golden age to the population of the world.

I was thinking that there would be different chapters in different countries/cities and that there would be all sorts of people involved. So while there would be heads of states and the extremely wealthy, there would also be students and gang leaders etc. As for The Collective's agenda, the conflict you speak of is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind... although I do have in mind some form of governing body/ruling council that will try to steer the group. But rebels are always fun and add spice to the mix. :)

Secretwriter, you and I have already discussed your ideas and I look forward to reading those biographies! :D

elfguy

I'll probably be playing a strong minded, selfish type character. Just need to figure out who exactly.
----

Sarcyn

Oh, and there's been some interest shown in playing summoned creatures... which is most definitely an option. Of course summoned creatures need to be summoned, so I'll be looking for a decent mix of player characters.