Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Two things.

One - Newcastle won yesterday (1-0 vs Fulham) so that means you all get two xp in celebration.  I've put it on your sheets.  Raising a skill costs 1 xp point, raising a stat costs two.  Buying a new skill costs 10 and the skill starts off at 10% - so if that's what you want to do you'll need to save up.  You might also have to roleplay some actions towards gaining it, ask me.

Two - Dice rolls.  Would you rather make them yourselves when I ask for them or would you rather I just made them on your behalf.  The former gives you a little more control in case you want to approach it in a way I hadn't considered, the latter keeps things moving a little faster.  My default is you roll yourself but if you all want me to roll for you then we'll do it like that. 

Demigod1945

Sorry for short post, kinda got blocked in the thinking part of the brain, so I just posted what I had. 

Blythe

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
In brief:
Norm, Miyo:  Roll three times, first is under Mind, second under Notice, third under Mind.
Chris: Roll twice, both of them under Mind.
Bran: Roll once, under Mind.

In not brief - explanation:
First off I want a significant Notice check from you.  That means a d100 roll under the stat that governs Notice - Mind in this case.  So for example Bran has a Mind skill of fifty so Riveda needs to roll 1-50 on a d100 to succeed.

Second I want a Major Notice Check from all of you except DemiGod.  This means a d100 roll under your Notice skill itself, not the stat.  So Bran has a Notice of 30, he needs to roll a 1-29 to succeed.

Finally I want a stress check from all of you except Riveda (he did his earlier)- which is a roll under your Soul stat.  So Norm has a Soul of 50, he needs a 1-49 to pass.  If you fail both the previous Notice checks then make it on the Self track (Riveda, I'll transfer yours over if appropriate).  What this means is that your sense of who you are - an accountant, the son of a VP, etc - has been hit by the realisation that this was just an implanted memory.  You're starting to question what else about your self could be forged.  If you pass either of the first checks though, then there's another option, same roll but different results.   I'll explain to those its relevant to.

My dicebot ID is 39076 if you want to send me them that way or just post them in the OOC/recruitment.

Question.

So I make three rolls, and I know the first is under Mind, the second under Notice. But the "in not brief" explanation for the stress check said the stat was the Soul stat? But the third roll I'm supposed to make in the "in brief" section said my third roll was under the Mind stat? So....what exactly am I rolling?

Kythia

Quote from: Demigod1945 on September 01, 2013, 03:46:15 PM
Sorry for short post, kinda got blocked in the thinking part of the brain, so I just posted what I had.

Errr, no worries.  But I need some rolls off you as well (check the spoiler at the end of my most recent post)
Quote from: Blythe on September 01, 2013, 03:50:14 PM

Question.

So I make three rolls, and I know the first is under Mind, the second under Notice. But the "in not brief" explanation for the stress check said the stat was the Soul stat? But the third roll I'm supposed to make in the "in brief" section said my third roll was under the Mind stat? So....what exactly am I rolling?

Whoops, well spotted.  Soul sorry. 

Blythe

Awesome; I'll get my rolls done today (will send them to you and post them here as well so other players can see).

Blythe

And....rolls!

Mind roll
Notice roll
Soul roll

I get the feeling Miyo did poorly on those first two. >.<

Kythia

Not great, no.  You're in good company, Remiel rolled badly as well.  You do pass the Madness check though, at least.  You get a hardened notch in Self (no real game effects at the moment).  Feel free to post when convenient for you.

Demigod1945

I rolled, Kythia you should have them.

Kythia

Got them, yes, thank you.  You fail your Madness check and pick up a failed notch in Self.  You're starting to lose track a little of who you really are - from the book:

QuoteYou don't have any real kinks yet, but every now and again you feel a sense of disassociation, an eerie moment when you feel alienated from your own character and motivations.  "Sure, I know I'm Chris Manners" you might say "but who's Chris Manners"

Make of that what you will (including, if you wish, nothing at all).  You also pass your notice check (easily) so there's info coming up for you in the game thread.

Demigod1945

Ok, I'm interested as to what will become of Chris, or who Chris is.

Kythia

Oh, and just to clarify (sorry, should have been a bit more explicit):

Failing your Madness check is where you pick one of the panic (flee), paralysis or frenzy options as you freak out a little.  There's more details in the spoiler to this post  Make a post when its convenient for you roleplaying which one you do.

Rook Seidhr

Stress checks are under Soul? I thought they were under Mind. Is this a house rule?

Kythia

Have I fucked up?  *checks book frantically* 

I have fucked up.  Rats.  Well spotted Riveda.  Thank you for that.

Right, Demigod.  Ignore the above message to you and replace it with:

Quote from: Kythia
Got them, yes, thank you.  You pass your Madness check and pick up a hardened notch in Self.  No real game effects just yet.
You also pass your notice check (easily) so there's info coming up for you in the game thread.

I should make it clear that if people want to ever get experience ever again then we'll all, as a group, pretend that my mistake never happened.  Got that?

Demigod1945

Quote from: Kythia on September 01, 2013, 05:32:24 PM
Have I fucked up?  *checks book frantically* 

I have fucked up.

I should make it clear that if people want to ever get experience ever again then we'll all, as a group, pretend that my mistake never happened.  Got that?
Right.

Kythia

Got yours as well, Riveda, BTW.  Feel free to post in the thread.  And well spotted that I wanted two rolls not the one I asked for.

You are on fire today.

There's info coming for you.

Blythe

Erm....we can just pretend that Soul roll I made was for Mind then, yes?  :-X

Kythia

I have done. ;D

Although I don't see why we'd need to.  That would imply I made a mistake and as we all know I didn't.  Right?

Rook Seidhr

I'm torn. Should I participate in the government coverup for the sake of XP?

;D

Blythe

Quote from: Kythia on September 01, 2013, 05:47:13 PM
Although I don't see why we'd need to.  That would imply I made a mistake and as we all know I didn't.  Right?

Demigod1945

Quote from: Riveda on September 01, 2013, 05:48:11 PM
I'm torn. Should I participate in the government coverup for the sake of XP?

;D
No, don't give in!!!

Rook Seidhr

Done a little more research. Apparently if I want to sound like a Geordie I merely need to talk like Sting or Neil Tennant.

Unfortunately I've never heard either of them talk, only sing.

hums "Roxanne"

Demigod1945

So random question, when you all first read my Character sheet, and saw the word Micro-expressions in it , did you think it was a bunch of made up crap? I could see how its sounds made up, but I'm just curious.

Kythia

Quote from: Riveda on September 01, 2013, 05:57:08 PM
Done a little more research. Apparently if I want to sound like a Geordie I merely need to talk like Sting or Neil Tennant.

Unfortunately I've never heard either of them talk, only sing.

hums "Roxanne"

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-do-a-geordie-accent

Quote from: Demigod1945 on September 01, 2013, 05:57:24 PM
So random question, when you all first read my Character sheet, and saw the word Micro-expressions in it , did you think it was a bunch of made up crap? I could see how its sounds made up, but I'm just curious.

I'd actually read about them before, though I forget where.

Remiel

Quote from: Kythia on September 01, 2013, 05:32:24 PM

What mistake?  ;D

Kythia