[Full] D&D 3.5e game - dungeon crawl

Started by Combicon, April 15, 2009, 05:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combicon

I wanted a 5 person team for this game, it'd be using the 3.5e books that I have.

Taken/reserved:
1. Goalt (assuming she still wants to play)
2. Xillen (assuming he still wants to play)
3. Inkidu
4. Vandren
5. RubySlippers

Charater development info
The characters will start on level 3, for the ability scores, we will be using a point-buy system, with 22 points.

We will be using the PHB 3.5e, this means the races available are:
>Human
>Halfling
>Half-orc
>Dwarf
>Half-elf
>Elf

and the classes available are:
>Barbarian
>Bard
>Cleric
>Druid
>Fighter
>Monk
>Paladin
>Ranger
>Rogue
>Sorcerer
>Wizard

If you do make a character sheet, You should use http://www.myth-weavers.com/
It doesn't take long to set an account up, does most of the calculations for you, and makes it easier for me to understand. Just link me the url of the character and I'll have a looksee. :P

I reserve the right to refuse any character I see fit, for any reason I wish, however I will probably not use this power unless I deem it necessary (i.e. obvious made up stat rolls, stuff like that).
I would like to thank Ryu, fragile, chris, myrland many others for putting up with my D&D stuff

Inkidu

I've always wanted to do this, do I have to know the system intimately or will you take a newb?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Combicon

I'll be accepting anyone, as long as their characters are within the limits set above. :]

Inkidu

Quote from: Combicon on April 15, 2009, 06:33:33 AM
I'll be accepting anyone, as long as their characters are within the limits set above. :]
Okay any classes already taken? I was thinking either human rouge or half-elf ranger.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Combicon

Inkidu

Quote from: Combicon on April 15, 2009, 07:14:19 AM
You can be whatever class you want in the 3.5PHB.
I just didn't want the game to end up with two paladins or whatever.

Combicon

I wont let the game end up like that, but now no classes have been assigned.

Inkidu

Quote from: Combicon on April 15, 2009, 09:02:51 AM
I wont let the game end up like that, but now no classes have been assigned.
Off to find a character sheet generator then. To the internet!

Duncan

I would like to try this if you still have an opening.

Inkidu

What does the repeat mean in the 4d6? I thought you only did it once?

Duncan

we make 3 columns and use the best out of three don't know if that is how she does it or not.

Inkidu

Could someone help me out with how much a rank in a skill is worth?

Duncan

need to check with her on that but I believe its 3/6 or maybe its 5/10

Combicon

1 rank usually means 1 skill point, however if it isn't a class skill, 1 costs 2 points.

Inkidu

Quote from: Combicon on April 15, 2009, 10:28:39 AM
1 rank usually means 1 skill point, however if it isn't a class skill, 1 costs 2 points.
Alrighty so what about that repeat part? How many times?

Combicon

Oh, what, are you talking about skills or stats?
Stats are the roll 4d6, skills you have a specific number for.

Inkidu

Quote from: Combicon on April 15, 2009, 10:44:41 AM
Oh, what, are you talking about skills or stats?
Stats are the roll 4d6, skills you have a specific number for.
Stats.

Combicon

For stats, you roll 4d6, (dropping the lowest number and recording that number) 6 times. Once you've got six, you assign them to any of the six stats; STR - strength, WIS - wisdom, INT - intelegence, CHA - charisma, DEX - dexterity, or CON - consistution.

Inkidu

Sorry to be a bother but let me make sure I've got this right.

4d6s is four six-sided dice.

Drop the lowest value leaving me with three number values.

Then do it five more times. dropping the lowest value.

So I have 18 numbers (3 x 6 rolls)

Then those 18 numbers are supposed to be placed into six attributes?

Combicon

hehe

You roll four six sided dice, and drop the lowest dice number of that roll, making a note of the result.
So if you rolled 3, 5, 6, and 4, you would drop 3, and then total the rest of the numbers, making a score of 15.

There are 6 abilities in total, meaning you have to do the above 6 times.
So at the end you would have 6 different numbers (so you might have 9, 18, 15, 4, 6, 7 as an example), you place each number onto an ability as you see fit (so you could put 18 on strength, 4 on wisdom, 7 on charisma until all the numbers have been used up.)

Inkidu

Quote from: Combicon on April 15, 2009, 11:10:33 AM
hehe

You roll four six sided dice, and drop the lowest dice number of that roll, making a note of the result.
So if you rolled 3, 5, 6, and 4, you would drop 3, and then total the rest of the numbers, making a score of 15.

There are 6 abilities in total, meaning you have to do the above 6 times.
So at the end you would have 6 different numbers (so you might have 9, 18, 15, 4, 6, 7 as an example), you place each number onto an ability as you see fit (so you could put 18 on strength, 4 on wisdom, 7 on charisma until all the numbers have been used up.)
That makes more sense.
So do I send the rolls to you or should I do them myself?

Combicon

You should do them yourself, it's your character after all.

Once you've done it, I'd love it if you could create an account on here - http://www.myth-weavers.com/  and put the characters stuff in it (like this: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=120201) it does all the calculations for you, except for racial / class bonuses, but if you need any help with that, just ask.

Inkidu

Um... how do I get my HP and what are the mods for a half-elf

Combicon

To find out Hp, you roll the hit die.
For sorcerer and wizards, they use a four sided dice.
For bards and rogues, they use a six sided dice.
For Clerics, druids, monks and rangers they use an eight sided dice.
For fighters and paladins they use a ten sided dice.
And for a barbarian, s/he uses a twelve sided dice.

But for half-elves.
> Immunity to sleep spells, and other similar magical effects
> +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects
> Low light vision - half-elves can see twice as far as humans in starlight, moonlight, torchlight (general poor illumination).
> +1 racial bonus on listen, search and spot checks
> +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
> Automatic languages: Common and elven

Inkidu

Thanks I'll try and fill out as much as possible and give you the link to go over it. So if you need to give me something so you can access it tell me between now and then. :D