[Pathfinder] Kingmaker: The Stolen Lands (Open!)

Started by 1651Leviathan, August 16, 2014, 01:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Alright. I was more asking if there were any that are just off-limits for whatever reasons, like "Why the hell is Rostland risking a goblin king on their border/ goddamn!" or "How did that Vanara show up in Issia, again, and why is it taking the Bastard trait?"

;D

I don't mean to be a pest, but I'm like a kid with ADD in a candy-and-pokemon store here. "Ooh! This race! no wait that class, no wait!"

Thorne

*snert* Play a Strix. Cause epic consternation. 

(I run Rise, Sundays. I have a player that did that. Fortunately, no one in the party was running any Chelish humans)...
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Andi

Erillar, Elven (Aasimar, Peri-Blooded) Arcanist
Description & Background

Even for an elf, Erillar is tall at six foot and a half, broad-shouldered, and muscular. Between his bronze skin, black hair with reddish highlights and eyes the color of burning coal, it is evident that he is no elf, despite the graceful pointed ears and the elven cast to his features. He is dressed in simple robes and carries an oak staff, leading a pack horse with him.

Erillar was born out of wedlock to a shopkeeper's daughter of Kyonin and a Peri paramour. Not quite fully half-celestial, his father decided that the child was better off growing up among the elves and eventually vanished to find some other pocket of evil to eradicate; Erillar grew up with the other Elves, if a little faster, and turned out to be both charming and rather bright. His learning at the local academy of magic, however, was cut short by stories (factual accounts, as he admits) of flings with just about everything female in reach, from classmates to teaching and support staff. The school felt the integrity of their exams at risk and opted to expel the young arcanist, who promptly travelled north through the River Kingdoms in search of his fortune. Now, an opportunity presents itself to be not merely another spellcaster... but a chartered explorer sent by Brevoy to bring another province into the fold.
Sheet

Erillar
Male Peri-Blooded Aasimar (Emberkin) Arcanist 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide 0)
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10 (+1 Dex)
hp 6 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +4
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee quarterstaff +0 (1d6)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +3)
. . At will—detect magic
. . 1/day—pyrotechnics (DC 14)
Arcanist Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +5):
. . 1st—grease, summon monster i
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, light, prestidigitation, read magic
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 15
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11
Feats Scribe Scroll
Traits outcast's intuition, pioneer, seeker
Skills Diplomacy +3, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (planes) +10, Linguistics +8, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +10, Survival +3; Racial Modifiers +2 Knowledge (planes), +2 Spellcraft
Languages Aklo, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Sylvan
SQ arcane reservoir, arcanist exploits (see magic), consume spells
Combat Gear smokestick; Other Gear quarterstaff, light horse, arcanist's kit, feed (per day), fishing kit, hooded lantern, pack saddle, parchment, hemp rope (200 ft.), scroll case, spellbook, tent, medium, waterproof bag, 48 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Reservoir +1 DC or CL (4/day) (Su) Pool of points fuel exploits, or can expend to add +1 CL or DC while cast spell.
Consume Spells (Su) As a move action, expend a spell slot to add its spell levels to arcane reservoir.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Outcast's Intuition +1 to your Caster Level against dispel attempts.
See Magic (Su) Can detect magic at will. Use 1 reservoir to skip exam time for 1 min.
--------------------
Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Chulanowa

I see Strix and the only thing i think is...

"Fly, my pretties! Fly! Fly!"

Thorne

*snork*
With 100% less monkey. No, generally, I like Strix - I wish there was a little more lore on them.
You could ... hmm. Elemental bloodline? Oread? Ifreet? (Literally play a hot piece of ...)

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

1651Leviathan

Chulanowa: I'll be fairly lenient, but if you want to do something exotic, provide justification in your backstory for why it works. So if you do a Vanara, explain why it's in Restov, for example.

Jaded

I was going to put it into Mythweavers, then I remembered how much I hate it after it once again logged me out while I was editing and lost all my changes.  So will probably clean up the text one instead.   

Strangely, the Changeling entry describes them as tall and slender, but their base height is 4'2" + 2d4.  I went with her being 6' anyway unless that is an issue. 

Chulanowa

Ew, Vanara! no, that was just a "for example." So, there's no barred race "master list," within the player's ability to explain why? cool, then  ;D

Jaded, I've got a stat-block template if you want to save yourself some typing;

template
[b]name[/b]
(Sex) (Race) (Class / level)
(Alignment) (size) (Types [subtypes])
[b]Init[/b] ; [b]Senses[/b] ; Perception
[hr]
[b]Defense[/b]
[hr]
[b]AC[/b] , touch , flat-footed  ( dex,  Natural)
[b]hp[/b]  (HD)
[b]Fort[/b] , [b]Ref[/b] , [b]Will[/b]
[b]Defensive Abilities[/b]
[hr]
[b]Offense[/b]
[hr]
[b]Speed[/b] t.
[b]Melee[/b]
[b]Ranged[/b]
[b]Special attacks[/b]
[b]Spells[/b] (CL ; concentration )
[hr]
[b]Statistics[/b]
[hr]
[b]Str[/b] , [b]Dex[/b] , [b]Con[/b] , [b]Int[/b] , [b]Wis[/b] , [b]Cha[/b]
[b]Base Atk[/b] ; [b]CMB[/b] ; [b]CMD[/b]
[b]Feats[/b]
[b]Skills[/b]
[b]Languages[/b]
[b]SQ[/b]
[b]Traits[/b]
[b]Drawback[/b]
[b]Combat gear[/b]
[b]Other gear[/b]

name
(Sex) (Race) (Class / level)
(Alignment) (size) (Types [subtypes])
Init ; Senses ; Perception

Defense

AC , touch , flat-footed  ( dex,  Natural)
hp  (HD)
Fort , Ref , Will
Defensive Abilities

Offense

Speed t.
Melee
Ranged
Special attacks
Spells (CL ; concentration )

Statistics

Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
Base Atk ; CMB ; CMD
Feats
Skills
Languages
SQ
Traits
Drawback
Combat gear
Other gear

eBadger

Quote from: Jaded on August 18, 2014, 11:23:50 PM
I was going to put it into Mythweavers, then I remembered how much I hate it after it once again logged me out while I was editing and lost all my changes. 

Next time that happens, open another window and log in, then resend on the first window and it'll record all your info. 

Although I'd still suggest you save often. 

Jaded

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 18, 2014, 11:34:06 PM
Jaded, I've got a stat-block template if you want to save yourself some typing;

Thanks  :-)

Quote from: eBadger on August 18, 2014, 11:45:19 PM
Next time that happens, open another window and log in, then resend on the first window and it'll record all your info. 

Although I'd still suggest you save often. 

Ah, thanks, will have to try that.  I hit save and it kicked me to the log in screen, so I kinda rage quit at that point.

Edited Character v1.0
Ashia
Female Changeling (Court) Bard 1
True Neutral Medium Humanoid [Changeling]
Init 3; Senses Darkvision 60'; Perception 3

Defense

AC
  Naked:    14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+3 dex,+1 Natural)
  Silk:        15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+3 dex,+1 Natural)
  Lamellar: 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+3 dex,+1 Natural)
HP 6 (1d8)
Fort -2, Ref +5, Will +1

Offense

Speed 30 ft.
Melee
  Dagger: +0, 1d4, 19-20/x2, 10ft
  Rapier: +0, 1d6, 18-20/x2, -
Ranged
  Shortbow: +3, 1d6, x3, 60ft
Special attacks
  Claws (2): +0, 1d4, x2, -
Spells (CL 1; concentration +4)
  0-Ghost Sound
  0-Prestidigitation
  0-Read Magic
  0-Detect Magic
  1-Sow Thought
  1-Charm Person

Statistics

Str 10, Dex 16, Con 7, Int 14, Wis 9, Cha 18
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 13
Feats Spellsong
Skills Acrobatics +7, Diplomacy +9, Perception +3, Perform (Act) +8, Perform (Sing) + 8,
Sleight of Hand +7, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +7, Use Magic Device +8
Languages Common, Elven, Draconic, Orc
SQ Object of Desire, Bardic Performance 8/d (Countersong, Distraction, Fascinate, Satire), Heraldic Expertise
Traits Charming, Possessed, Noble Born (Lebeda)
Drawback -
Combat gear Dagger, Rapier, Shortbow w/60 Arrows, Silken Ceremonial Armour, Lamellar (Leather)
Other gear
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and Steel
Belt Pouch
Trail Rations (10 days)
Rope, Silk
Signet Ring
Soap
Waterskin

Entertainer's Outfit
Traveler's Outfit

8 Gold
1 Silver

No one ever really explained how Ashia came to be adopted by the Lebeda Family.  There were always gossip from the maids and other children, but none of them seemed to really know.  At least, as far as Ashia could tell.  It was obvious to Ashia, even at a young age, that she wasn’t one of them.  She was tall, an even six feet, as well as slender and almost frail.  Her eyes were mismatched, one the green of a spring leaf, the other the gold of a cat’s eye.  Her ears were pointed like an elf.  Her skin was unnaturally pale, almost ivory, no matter how long she spent in the sun.  So she was raised among the children, but was never truly one of them.  She was trained and taught to serve the family that she was never truly a part of, first singing at the local temple, then acting for the entertainment of those the family traded with.

The magical talent came later, in time with a strange call to leave, to explore, that struck her along with puberty.  She resisted, afraid of the world beyond what she had seen, unsure of the strange powers of her voice, and gradually it faded away.  Still, she never felt at home.  As she aged, as she mastered the magic within her and how to use the sword and bow, she once more felt a draw to leave, to explore, to make a name for herself separate from the back-biting Lebeda.  The Stolen Lands seemed as good a place to start as any.

Ashia is at once reserved and outgoing.  She makes her living as an actress and singer.  This range from simple temple songs, to mocking the lords and ladies of the realms.  It isn’t always a steady living, and occasionally the richer members of the crowd require a, nudge, but it has granted her independence.  When she isn’t acting or singing, she tends to be quiet, to watch and learn from the background.  She has long since tired of the attention of men, though she is not above using them for her own advantage or using her body as a tool. 

While she wouldn’t consider herself greedy, Ashia’s primary motivation is wealth and to a lesser extent, power.  She would rather do good than evil, but in her mind, it is all relative.  She has no qualms about parting a rich merchant from his belt pouch magically, though she would prefer they do so willingly.  She dislikes the nobility, but at the same time, she wants to show them up.  She wants to prove she is better than all her former playmates and friends. 

Although she no longer hears the call she did when she first went through puberty, Ashia still occasionally hears the whispering voice in her mind.  It promises power, knowledge, anything and everything.  She usually ignores it, but occasionally it will reveal some useful bit of information that she desire, as if to entice her to listen.

Notes
*Bonus equal to half bard level on Diplomacy, Knowledge (History, Local, Nobility).  1/d Reroll Checks 
*Swift Action - Conceal casting of a bard spell as a performance. Perception or Sense Motive to detect, uses 1 round of Bardic Performance.
*Move Action - Use 1 round of Bardic Performance to maintain spell with duration of concentration. Can cast another spell in same round
*+1 Bluff/Diplomacy against people who are sexually attracted to her
*+1 trait bonus to save DC of any language-dependent spell you cast on such characters
*1/day attempt knowledge check even if not trained. +2 if trained.

Muse

'Scotsi grew up with a clan of mischievous nomadic merchants.  Some might call them 'Gypsies'.  They traveled from place to place in wagon houses, buying and selling, exploring and stealing.  Scotsi was a precious child, in love with the road, always exploring, poking her nose under every rock to see what was under it. 

By sixteen Sotsi was dancing in skimpy clothing on market days to draw in the customers.  She learned to fight with knives to defend herself, to flirt for the fun of it and seduce to get what she wanted. 

Once or twice a generation, a child in her caravan was born with a gift similar to sorcery, but different as well.  Over the generations the gypsies learned the terms 'psionicist,' 'Nomad,' and Wilder.   

To the gypsy, though, they were Walkers.  Whether they harnessed their inborn power through the wildest heights of passion or--later--through careful study and self discovery, motion was always their passion and their power.  The mightiest Walkers--figures of their legends--could skate down roads as if they were frosted over lakes, dance a foot above the ground, travel a hundred miles in a heartbeat. 

'Scotsi learned a formal expression of these powers from her grandmother, who caught her just in time to keep her powers from being forever tied to her passions.  With instruction and intersection, Scotsi broadened her understanding of what a walker could be. 

In her seventeenth year, Scotsi left her wagons in Brevoy, following rumors of another like her.  She never found the mysterious redheaded 'sorceress' who needed neither words, nor gestures, nor componets.  instead, she found a year and a half of suffering and sexual servitude to a thief's guild run brothel. 

She also found the best friend and sweetest lover she'd ever had, but that's another story, for another night. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Warlock

Not nearly completed, but I hope that his personality places him firmly in the Chaotic Evil camp while being functional in different aligned groups, I'll turn it around in my head and see if there's something I can expand or add.
---------
Nicholai
Male CE Tiefling (Demon-spawn) Bloodrager, Level 1, Init +4, HP 13/13, DR 5 Fire, Cold, Electricity, Speed 30ft
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 17, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will -1, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus +1   
  Greatsword +5 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2)
  Handaxe +5 (1d6+4, x3)
  Breastplate (+6 Armor, +2 Dex)
Description

Rough Image Estimation
Nicholai has a strong, scarred, oval face with well-defined cheekbones and rough features. His almond shaped eyes are fiery, blue slits, aflame with a warm abyssal light. Above are his thick eyebrows, uneven with an arched shape. A roman nose, full lips, colored a shade darker than his dusky skin, and Nicholai’s fanged teeth compliments his fiercesome and predatory sneer. A mane of  waved black hair erupts from his head and tipped with streaks of of a bluish-white.

A faint scent of sulfuric smoke tinges Nicholai 's sun-kissed skin, that's stretched across his muscled frame. Spread across his shoulders are sinister and bony protrusion cast in a black tone and layers of reptilian scales surrounds the unnatural growths. Claw-like nails adorn Nicholai 's hands and talons scratch the earth he walks on, certain in his steps. Numerous scars mars his chiseled and compact body each seemingly pulsating and glowing, almost unnoticeable, with a reddish hue.  A reptilian tail grows outwards from Nicholai 's firm ass, steadying his movements, giving him a naturally graceful gait.

Cut in a simple utilitarian design, his tight fitting breeches are little more than the linen it's composed of, accenting his physical features and doing little to hide a bulge when aroused.. Nicholai's gambeson, a wool padded overcoat, fits snugly over his body, hiding much of his body shape and is crafted in the same dull light brown as the paired breeches. Beneath the gambeson is a lighter and airy tunic, for a less militaristic look and is in a similar earthy color. From Nicholai's garments rises a faint odor of blood, embedded from the victims of his wrath. Completing the set of clothes, is an over-sized hooded leather cloak, lined with fur, made to account for the extra bulk of his armor.
Personality
Burning with desire, a complex web of restraint and passion guides Nicholai's actions and influenced further by an inborn lust for the hedonistic and wicked. Faithful and pious, holding the practices of Lamashtu as central to his beliefs with a strong sense of the value of life as part of her will and propagation of the faithful. Utterly loathing violent practices outside his faith, seeing scars of non-believers as unearned and prefer the submission due to force of will before combat, however eagerly slaughtering with abandon should the cattle sufficiently rise his ire. Unbowed before lords, the shackles of civilization and its laws are of little value, but is not above seeing others bound by those constraints and exploit their sensibilities. Feeling as sense of awe and joy at unexplored and savage wilds that's contrasted against a brash and irritable attitude in population center as Nicholai  tries to keep his calm, adopting a veneer of respectability fueled by self-preservation.

Sexual Orientation: Switch. Heterosexual. Life is a struggle where the strong rule above the weak and birth is its purpose.
Background
Birthed at the edge of civilization as the culmination of a ritual to the Mother of Monsters. A rough start to life, forced to experience the darkest parts of the world from the moment of conception: Famine, death, disease, persecution, rape and banditry. Under the careful tutelage of the elders of his cultish tribe he learned to embrace it and revel in the misfortune of others.

'Suffering' a close connection to his abyssal ancestry  Nicholai learned to harness the innate power within him, fueling his frenzy with intense emotions of hate, rage, lust, even joy and sadness to reach a euphoric battle-lust, unleashing carnage in his path. A carnage that did not went unnoticed by the Lord-Mayor in Rostland, who through a long series of events managed to capture Nicholai.

Within the confines of a dark dungeon, chained to a wall, Nicholai was given a choice to either ''Be exiled and join an expedition to the Greenbelt'' or ''Suffer certain death at the Headsman's axe''. With no lost love to his homeland and an attachment to his life, there was no doubt in his mind as he choose the former and he began preparing himself for the adventure that is to come...

Edit: Background added.
Edit2: Facial description added and completed.

Marie Reynolds

This is a work in progress.

Character sheet

Name:Izora
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Height:4'11”
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair: Blonde Braided
Eyes: Blue
image: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/296745062920931574/

Strength:13
Dexterity:14
Constitution:13
Intelligence:16
Wisdom:12
Charisma:12

Hp:10
Fort:0+1=1
Reflex:2+2=4
Will:0+1=1

bab:0
M:1
R:2
Initiative:2
Acrobatics:1+2+3=6
Bluff:1+1+3=5
Climb:1+1+3=5
Disable Device:1+2+3=6
Escape Artist:2+2+3=7
Knowledge(Local):1+3+3=7
Perception:1+1+3=5
Sense Motive:1+1+3=5
Sleight of Hand:1+2+3=6
Stealth:1+2+3=6
Swim:1+1+3=5

Improv skills regularly used:
Appraise:0+3+2+3=8
Disguise:0+1+2+3=6
Knowledge(Dungeoneering): 0+3+2+3=8
Intimidate: 0+1+2+3=6
Linguistics: 0+3+2+3=8
Craft:0+3+2+3=8
Perform:0+1+2+3=6
Profession: 0+1+2+3=6
Use Magic Device: 0+1+2+3=6

Class abilities:
Sneak Attack +1D6
Trap finding

Feats:
Fast Learner
Improvisation

Leather Armor   +2 AC

-10 leather armor
Background

Background:

A young women known nothing more as the number 76. She was purchased by a thieves guild from her parents practically as soon as she could walk. She was taught to pickpockets and just live as a source of income for the guild. Then as she grew up and matured an became quiet the beauty she was transferred into the brothel which was directly overseen by the guild leader Roth. Number 76 continued her life as just a source of income for the guild and now her body was the income instead of her hands. This began to build the hatred of her life in the river kingdoms as property of the guild not even a member given any rights or standing. As her time in the brothel she only developed one friend a gypsy girl who was brought in to the brothel and as time went on and could find the time to plan there eventual escape. The bond was formed cause 76 was the one tasked with training the new member and working along side her as a new pair team to increase the entertainment value for the brothel.

1651Leviathan

Awesome, good work so far, everyone! If you're watching the thread, though, we're still open.

ThisOneGal

Alright, some I've posted some basic character stuff now.

TheHangedOne

I might be interested. I've never really played Pathfinder before, though I'm familiar with tabletop games in general. So dice rolling, statting out characters, etc., I have experience there, would just need to read up on the particulars of Pathfinder. I didn't see any dedicated healers (though if I missed something, please point it out), which I may end up doing.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

1651Leviathan

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 19, 2014, 08:36:20 PM
I might be interested. I've never really played Pathfinder before, though I'm familiar with tabletop games in general. So dice rolling, statting out characters, etc., I have experience there, would just need to read up on the particulars of Pathfinder. I didn't see any dedicated healers (though if I missed something, please point it out), which I may end up doing.

I don't believe we've got any dedicated healers yet, though don't feel obliged to do one just for that reason. As for not being too familiar with Pathfinder, don't worry. Do the written parts first, and you can work through the mechanics at your own pace.

Chulanowa

I've gotten myself more or less settled - I'm looking at a Human / half Elf / halfling, who's some sort of mounted head-beater - I'm looking primarily at Cavalier of course, though paladin or even a Hunter with a rideable companion seems pretty smooth, too.

SheerFantasia

If there's some room left in this, I wouldn't mind contributing a half-elf or aasimar oracle...

1651Leviathan

Blinkin

Hmmm... a proposed paladin and an evil character... THAT should be interesting. Party cohesion may just of taken a fatal blow.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Thorne

Or it may get Very Entertaining, depending on the Paladin Code in use. I've got popcorn. >.>

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Blinkin

True. If that popcorn has extra butter, I'll bring the softdrinks. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

1651Leviathan

Keep 'em coming. I'll be setting a closing deadline soon, so stay tuned for that.

TheHangedOne

On second thought, Leviathan, I don't think I'll be able to play in this game. I hope everyone has fun with it.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!