"I am the government."

Started by Trieste, June 03, 2009, 11:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Only three of the last ten posts have had anything to do with the original topic. Please make your own thread of doom and gloom, 'cause I flat out don't wanna hear it.

kthx <3

Mathim

If I recall correctly, you were the one who opened the door for doom and gloom...

Anyway, it's outrageous that this guy is not only showing no remorse whatsoever but he's also trying to get us to pay him while he's in some kind of obviously very comfy, probably country club-like prison. Obama should publicly denounce this human turd and send his ass to Guantanamo where he'll really learn what it means to suffer, maybe that'll help put what he's done to his victims in perspective. Give him a c***-meat sandwich from Big Bob.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Valerian

If you're referring to Trieste's second post in this thread, she was quoting TytheDnDGuy, who has been largely responsible for the doom and gloom here.  So no, you don't recall correctly.

Also bear in mind that this section is public, thanks.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lithos

I think that there is bound to be some way for this guy to get what he deserves in the end. At least with the publicity of the case, I do not think that the justice system can afford to let it slip and everything go under the rug, for its own credibility if nothing else. If it would pass without any severe reprecussions, I think a lot people would lose a lot of faith to court system. I do not think that anyone wants that.

Everyone deserves to be heard and have actual, full court proceedings before being judged though. I think that all cases like this take long at times, it still does not mean that there would not be justice in the end. If the penalty is too low, I am pretty sure that somebody complains about it and the case might get reviewed. That would be possible around here at least to my knowledge.

As for staying in topic, last two mod posts are not on topic either, lets all contribute something to actual discussion even if giving out comments on the side.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

OldSchoolGamer

As for the judge, if I were in charge, I'd see to it he did some hard time in real prison.  His would be a cautionary tale for anyone else in his line of work contemplating or engaging in similar behavior.

The Overlord

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 08, 2009, 05:08:32 PM
As for the judge, if I were in charge, I'd see to it he did some hard time in real prison.  His would be a cautionary tale for anyone else in his line of work contemplating or engaging in similar behavior.

They can’t realistically do otherwise. If he gets off light for this crap, then the message is clear and loud; cops and judges protect their own, no matter what. That means it’s eventually us vs. them, and there’s a whole lot more of us.

Caehlim

Am I the only one tempted to post that news article in the one x one section and see how many people volunteer to play it as a game.

Just a random thought in the difference context can make in people's reactions to something. Sorry if this seems off-topic, but I can't get the thought out of my head when I read the article.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Trieste

No, you're not the only one, but context truly is everything.