The family that slays together stays together [EX, NC] (More Victims?)

Started by Black Howling, July 25, 2014, 02:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strangefate

Char Sheets:

FBI Agent Cloverson
Character Name: Jaydan Cloverson
Writer: Strangefate
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 152 lbs.

Persona: Clean cut and buttoned up, Jaydan is the very image of a young and talented FBI officer.  With stellar academy scores and a number of successful (albeit minor) cases under his belt, he has recently been assigned to the missing persons division, assisting local police departments in kidnapping situations.  Acerbic, vain, and dismissive of those he views as less intelligent than himself (which is most everyone), he is not often well-liked by his colleagues, but he does tend to get results.   

Relation to The Family: Agent Cloverson has been assigned to assist local PD in the reopened missings persons case of Natalie Trailgood, a Florida divorcee whose car was recently uncovered in Deer Lake.  Although he currently has no theories about her disappearance, having just arrived in town, he was trained in criminal profiling under H. L. Whitney, the very man who originally tracked down the Walkers in the 1950s and maintains to this very day that the family is alive and well (an opinion that is met with pitying looks reserved for a man who can’t let the past rest and lives on former glories).  Jaydan would of course love to be the one to prove his old instructor right, and make his own name in the process.

Merits:

• Dogged: Jaydan is not easily discouraged and will keep at a case, hitting it from different angles, until it finally cracks.
  • Gifted Investigator: Jaydan is a talented investigator and profiler with an eye for detail.
  • Trained: Jaydan is a trained marksman and has had undergone the FBI’s rigorous physical training.  He is also practiced in Judo.
  • FBI:  Jaydan is a federal officer and can call in a considerable amount of heat and expertise if given just cause.

Flaws:

• Obsessive: Once hooked Jaydan will not stop.  Ever.
  • Antagonistic: Jaydan has an abrasive personality and doesn’t bother much with social niceties, which is not apt to earn him any friends among the local PD.
  • Unimposing: Jaydan is the not the biggest or most imposing of presences, and may be at a serious weight disadvantage against larger men in a purely physical contest.
  • Vain: In most senses of the word.  Jaydan is conscious of his looks and also believes himself smarter than the average cop, particularly the sort of rural local yokels he’s dealing with now.  The celebrity that would come with solving a major serial murder case also appeals greatly to him.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (closeted)
Ons and Offs:
Character - Jaydan is mostly vanilla and does not openly express much interest in sex, which is to say women, as he is primarily a closeted homosexual with suppressed sadomasochistic tendencies
Player - Open to most things, although I’m not sure that will crop up much for this character.
Strictly Off Limits Situations: Oh, nothing too much, although even if this guy does run afoul the family, he should probably survive as he’s likely to be the principle investigator trying to hunt them down.

Additional Details and pictures
Face claim:  Alain Delon (circa 1970s of course).  The idea is this character starts out outwardly quite sane and rational, but will become deeply intrigued by the family, their victims, and methodology, and may well end up crazier than them before it’s all over.  Likewise if any family members want to end up captured and tortured at some point themselves, he may well be the guy for it.

Victim Wendy Dawkins
Character Name: Wendy Dawkins
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 129 lbs.

Persona: Initially somewhat shy around new people and persistently nervous in temperament, Wendy grew up in a strongly religious family that exercised strict control over their only daughter and has spent most of her life involved in church activities of one kind or another.  She considers herself a ‘good’ person and a highly empathetic individual, and enjoys working with children as well as animals (she owns several cats).  In terms of relationships she remains very inexperienced, with her parents having quickly nipped any teenage dalliances in the bud.  In adulthood she has had only one serious romance but it recently ended badly, precipitating her move, and remains a source of some stress.  Wendy privately fears she may die old and alone. 

Relation to The Family: Future victim.  Wendy Dawkins is a newly hired teacher at St. Bartholomew Catholic School and is active in various Catholic outreach and youth-oriented programs. 

Merits:

• Devout: Wendy is a true believer and she draws strength from her faith even in the darkest and most challenging of times
  • College Educated: Wendy possesses a masters degree in Chemistry which she currently teaches at St. Bartholomew Catholic School
  • Musically Inclined:Wendy can play the acoustic guitar as well as a church organ with some facility.  She has often been involved in volunteering for a Christian summer camp for youths which is where the former mostly comes into play.
Flaws:

• Close-Minded:Wendy is not particularly open to other worldviews, religions, sexual profligacy, or related ‘deviant’ behaviors…but approaches such lost souls with what she feels is a sympathetic kindly disposition.  She quite enjoys witnessing for God when she can get a willing (or captive) audience.
  • Asthmatic:Wendy has suffered asthma since childhood which places some restrictions on her in terms of rigorous physical activities

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (although that doesn’t matter so much in this context)
Ons and Offs: Wendy is rather vanilla and conservative in her views of sex and the topic itself makes her somewhat anxious.  As a player, I am open to most things.  Check my RP Matrix if you like, or send a PM if in doubt. 
Strictly Off Limits Situations: None really, have at it.  I don’t particularly care how long the character survives, I can always make another victim.  Although a little play time might be nice just to justify the work that went into the char sheet.

Face claim:  Sandra Locke (circa 1970s of course)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Strangefate on July 27, 2014, 01:45:18 AM
Char Sheets:

FBI Agent Cloverson
Character Name: Jaydan Cloverson
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 152 lbs.

Persona: Clean cut and buttoned up, Jaydan is the very image of a young and talented FBI officer.  With stellar academy scores and a number of successful (albeit minor) cases under his belt, he has recently been assigned to the missing persons division, assisting local police departments in kidnapping situations.  Acerbic, vain, and dismissive of those he views as less intelligent than himself (which is most everyone), he is not often well-liked by his colleagues, but he does tend to get results.   

Relation to The Family: Agent Cloverson has been assigned to assist local PD in the reopened missings persons case of Natalie Trailgood, a Florida divorcee whose car was recently uncovered in Deer Lake.  Although he currently has no theories about her disappearance, having just arrived in town, he was trained in criminal profiling under H. L. Whitney, the very man who originally tracked down the Walkers in the 1950s and maintains to this very day that the family is alive and well (an opinion that is met with pitying looks reserved for a man who can’t let the past rest and lives on former glories).  Jaydan would of course love to be the one to prove his old instructor right, and make his own name in the process.

Merits:

• Dogged: Jaydan is not easily discouraged and will keep at a case, hitting it from different angles, until it finally cracks.
  • Gifted Investigator: Jaydan is a talented investigator and profiler with an eye for detail.
  • Trained: Jaydan is a trained marksman and has had undergone the FBI’s rigorous physical training.  He is also practiced in Judo.
  • FBI:  Jaydan is a federal officer and can call in a considerable amount of heat and expertise if given just cause.

Flaws:

• Obsessive: Once hooked Jaydan will not stop.  Ever.
  • Antagonistic: Jaydan has an abrasive personality and doesn’t bother much with social niceties, which is not apt to earn him any friends among the local PD.
  • Unimposing: Jaydan is the not the biggest or most imposing of presences, and may be at a serious weight disadvantage against larger men in a purely physical contest.
  • Vain: In most senses of the word.  Jaydan is conscious of his looks and also believes himself smarter than the average cop, particularly the sort of rural local yokels he’s dealing with now.  The celebrity that would come with solving a major serial murder case also appeals greatly to him.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (closeted)
Ons and Offs:
Character - Jaydan is mostly vanilla and does not openly express much interest in sex, which is to say women, as he is primarily a closeted homosexual with suppressed sadomasochistic tendencies
Player - Open to most things, although I’m not sure that will crop up much for this character.
Strictly Off Limits Situations: Oh, nothing too much, although even if this guy does run afoul the family, he should probably survive as he’s likely to be the principle investigator trying to hunt them down.

Face claim:  Alain Delon (circa 1970s of course).  The idea is this character starts out outwardly quite sane and rational, but will become deeply intrigued by the family, their victims, and methodology, and may well end up crazier than them before it’s all over.  Likewise if any family members want to end up captured and tortured at some point themselves, he may well be the guy for it.

Victim Wendy Dawkins
Character Name: Wendy Dawkins
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 129 lbs.

Persona: Initially somewhat shy around new people and persistently nervous in temperament, Wendy grew up in a strongly religious family that exercised strict control over their only daughter and has spent most of her life involved in church activities of one kind or another.  She considers herself a ‘good’ person and a highly empathetic individual, and enjoys working with children as well as animals (she owns several cats).  In terms of relationships she remains very inexperienced, with her parents having quickly nipped any teenage dalliances in the bud.  In adulthood she has had only one serious romance but it recently ended badly, precipitating her move, and remains a source of some stress.  Wendy privately fears she may die old and alone. 

Relation to The Family: Future victim.  Wendy Dawkins is a newly hired teacher at St. Bartholomew Catholic School and is active in various Catholic outreach and youth-oriented programs. 

Merits:

• Devout: Wendy is a true believer and she draws strength from her faith even in the darkest and most challenging of times
  • College Educated: Wendy possesses a masters degree in Chemistry which she currently teaches at St. Bartholomew Catholic School
  • Musically Inclined:Wendy can play the acoustic guitar as well as a church organ with some facility.  She has often been involved in volunteering for a Christian summer camp for youths which is where the former mostly comes into play.
Flaws:

• Close-Minded:Wendy is not particularly open to other worldviews, religions, sexual profligacy, or related ‘deviant’ behaviors…but approaches such lost souls with what she feels is a sympathetic kindly disposition.  She quite enjoys witnessing for God when she can get a willing (or captive) audience.
  • Asthmatic:Wendy has suffered asthma since childhood which places some restrictions on her in terms of rigorous physical activities

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (although that doesn’t matter so much in this context)
Ons and Offs: Wendy is rather vanilla and conservative in her views of sex and the topic itself makes her somewhat anxious.  As a player, I am open to most things.  Check my RP Matrix if you like, or send a PM if in doubt. 
Strictly Off Limits Situations: None really, have at it.  I don’t particularly care how long the character survives, I can always make another victim.  Although a little play time might be nice just to justify the work that went into the char sheet.

Face claim:  Sandra Locke (circa 1970s of course)

Without a doubt, I approve both of them! 

They look like excellent additions.  Can't wait to see them in the story!
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 27, 2014, 01:53:02 AM
Without a doubt, I approve both of them! 

They look like excellent additions.  Can't wait to see them in the story!

Ditto. Get them in the approved characters!

RedEve

A question about character deaths: will they be limited to the victims or can the family members themselves perish too? With player approval, of course.
As serial killers they themselves lead high-risk lives, especially if they encounter a victim which is skilled and brave enough to fight back.

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: RedEve on July 27, 2014, 07:46:31 AM
A question about character deaths: will they be limited to the victims or can the family members themselves perish too? With player approval, of course.
As serial killers they themselves lead high-risk lives, especially if they encounter a victim which is skilled and brave enough to fight back.

I know that its in fact possible for family to perish the GM's may wanna improve on my answer though.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

RedEve

Okay, thanks for that answer.
I also noticed that it's alright to play a pre-existing victim (who is already a captive).
How long would they conceivably be kept? Days, weeks, months? Longer?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: RedEve on July 27, 2014, 08:33:36 AM
I also noticed that it's alright to play a pre-existing victim (who is already a captive).

Probably depends on the person who took them, but again the GM's would know better than me. (My character personally goes through them quickly.) >.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Strangefate

Now that I have a character sheet up, I’d just like repeat my earlier offer of linking my victim to any of the other potential victims.   They could be friends, work colleagues (teachers), church members, dating, one of MC’s students, etc.  If there’s anyone who might like to establish that sort of connection, please let me know.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

RedEve

Quote from: Strangefate on July 27, 2014, 08:48:39 AM
Now that I have a character sheet up, I’d just like repeat my earlier offer of linking my victim to any of the other potential victims.   They could be friends, work colleagues (teachers), church members, dating, one of MC’s students, etc.  If there’s anyone who might like to establish that sort of connection, please let me know.  :-)

Well I could make Agent Cloverson his very own Audrey Horne. :P Perhaps a slightly older version though.

Strangefate

Quote from: RedEve on July 27, 2014, 08:52:54 AM
Well I could make Agent Cloverson his very own Audrey Horne. :P Perhaps a slightly older version though.

A Twins Peaks reference!   :D  Someone was just trying to put a Twin Peaks game together around here too…

Anyways, I was thinking more along the lines of someone who knows Wendy than Cloverson, just for the fun of having them interact while captured. 

Although it might be interesting to have Cloverson meet one of the victims before they get caught actually, just to give him that additional personal connection to the case.  Really someone for Cloverson to interact with would be great since he won't have much contact with family members right away.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

Bloodied Porcelain

I would offer connections, but girl is from out of town and was snatched during a road trip by Thomas and JUST got there. She's also currently unconscious, so... >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Black Howling

Quote from: RedEve on July 27, 2014, 07:46:31 AM

It's indeed possible for family members to die, albeit it's preferred if it happens thematically. On another note, this family is taught their whole lives how to kill and it's unlikely that a victim would live long after managing to kill one of them. Generally speaking, unless we've reached the point in the game where the police are to get involved, it'd be a death sentence for the victim that managed it unless we could find another option in stalling said person from bringing the police in or killing more of the family members.

As for how long they last, that is indeed up for debate. Thomas for Example plays with his 'food' a lot, and has been known to keep one around for months. Other's I'm sure go through them quickly. The key here is Player character victims always last a lot longer. Consider it that they are more interesting then the NPC ones. Sort of the Stars among the Victims side of things. Also why one of the killers can't just off them without permission.

Norwegian One

Hey there :) Do you guys need more victims, like police investigating disappearances and such? :)
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Strangefate

Quote from: Norwegian One on July 28, 2014, 03:14:07 AM
Hey there :) Do you guys need more victims, like police investigating disappearances and such? :)

I’m not a GM but I’m sure the answer to that question is a big ‘yes’.  The game currently only has a couple player run victims and one player cop (two of which are mine), so plenty of room for both, I think. 
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

Norwegian One

Character Name: Alejandra Guerra
    Writer: Norwegian One
    Height: 170cm
    Weight: 58kg

Persona: Alejandra is straight-forward and hard-working, and can easily come off as a rude and no-nonsense member of the police force. Her dogged and stubborn mentality means that she does not give up easily, and when faced with dangers she is likely to respond with violence if she feels threatened. Despite a number of incidents where she was accused of police brutality, her number of solved cases and her work ethics still means she is respected among her peers. Her dislike of those who would deem themselves above her does mean that her work relationship with the FBI agent is a tenuous one, but Alejandra grits her teeth and keeps working hard regardless, the importance of her case overshadowing her feelings about her temporary colleague.

Relation to The Family: Police investigator/victim? - Police Sergeant Alejandra Guerra is Agent Cloverson's main contact within the local police department, and has been assigned to a number of disappearances in the area, to try and find a common theme amongst them.

Merits: Must have at-least two.

• Brawler
    With belts in a number of self-defence and martial arts styles, Alejandra is not someone you'd want to face in a hand-to-hand fight, and she can look after herself well despite her size and gender.
    • Stubborn
    A dogged keep-going mentality and sheer will not to fail means Alejandra will keep chasing any leads or suspicious people like a bloodhound.
    [/list]
    Flaws: Must have at-least two.

• Poor shot
    Despite her skills at close range, Alejandra is a less-than-average shot with her trusty handgun, and as such, poses less of a threat to any opponent if she is not within striking distance.
    • Not a people person
    Direct, grouchy and foul-mouthed, Alejandra has a way of distancing herself from people, and making it hard for her to cooperate with others.
    [/list]

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
    Ons and Offs: Due to her personality, Alejandra has not been in any relationships, and her sexual experience boils down to a small number of one-night stands. As such, she has not really discovered her true sexuality, and a person looking to exploit this could find a lot of layers beneath her hard shell, perhaps even a submissive streak..?
    Strictly Off Limits Situations: Scat

Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
    Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Norwegian One on July 28, 2014, 03:14:07 AM

Hey there!

Like Strangefate said, we definitely could use some more victims and police!  We are pretty low on victims/captives at this point.

Quote from: Norwegian One on July 28, 2014, 10:35:03 AM
      Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
      Character Name: Alejandra Guerra
      Writer: Norwegian One
      Height: 170cm
      Weight: 58kg

Persona: Alejandra is straight-forward and hard-working, and can easily come off as a rude and no-nonsense member of the police force. Her dogged and stubborn mentality means that she does not give up easily, and when faced with dangers she is likely to respond with violence if she feels threatened. Despite a number of incidents where she was accused of police brutality, her number of solved cases and her work ethics still means she is respected among her peers. Her dislike of those who would deem themselves above her does mean that her work relationship with the FBI agent is a tenuous one, but Alejandra grits her teeth and keeps working hard regardless, the importance of her case overshadowing her feelings about her temporary colleague.

Relation to The Family: Police investigator/victim? - Police Sergeant Alejandra Guerra is Agent Cloverson's main contact within the local police department, and has been assigned to a number of disappearances in the area, to try and find a common theme amongst them.

Merits: Must have at-least two.

• Brawler
      With belts in a number of self-defence and martial arts styles, Alejandra is not someone you'd want to face in a hand-to-hand fight, and she can look after herself well despite her size and gender.
      • Stubborn
      A dogged keep-going mentality and sheer will not to fail means Alejandra will keep chasing any leads or suspicious people like a bloodhound.
      [/list]
      Flaws: Must have at-least two.

• Poor shot
      Despite her skills at close range, Alejandra is a less-than-average shot with her trusty handgun, and as such, poses less of a threat to any opponent if she is not within striking distance.
      • Not a people person
      Direct, grouchy and foul-mouthed, Alejandra has a way of distancing herself from people, and making it hard for her to cooperate with others.
      [/list]

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
      Ons and Offs: Due to her personality, Alejandra has not been in any relationships, and her sexual experience boils down to a small number of one-night stands. As such, she has not really discovered her true sexuality, and a person looking to exploit this could find a lot of layers beneath her hard shell, perhaps even a submissive streak..?
      Strictly Off Limits Situations: Scat

Looks good to me!  Black Howling and Strangefate might want to get with you sometime and plot some stuff out.  Strangefate is doing Agent Cloverson, while Howling, I believe, has taken point on creating a GM NPC Sheriff for the town in the vicinity of the ranch.

Approved by me.

Whenever you have a chance, please post your character sheet in the approved thread located here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209779.0

I'll get around to adding your character into the directory sometime today after you've posted her there.  Welcome aboard!
      A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Strifesblaze7

Quote from: RedEve on July 27, 2014, 08:33:36 AM

From all the attitudes it seems we have, Lukas might be the most likely to keep a victim a longer period of time. Not out of attachment or anything, more for using on nights when he comes home empty handed. If you would like and the GMs don't mind we could talk something out?
      Is there a point where nobody cares

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on July 28, 2014, 11:46:11 AM
      From all the attitudes it seems we have, Lukas might be the most likely to keep a victim a longer period of time. Not out of attachment or anything, more for using on nights when he comes home empty handed. If you would like and the GMs don't mind we could talk something out?

Thomas is also likely to keep them for a while, though he just brought in a catch IC so not sure if Howling wants to juggle another when other family members dont have victims of their own yet.
      I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
      I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
      ~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
      She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on July 28, 2014, 11:46:11 AM

I don't see an issue with this.

Seeking New Stories

Prince Truhan

If he judges them "worthy" Jack would keep a victim for a while, although he is currently disposing the last one that failed to measure up

Strifesblaze7

Due to his tendency to kill men over women Lukas wpuld be very likely to keep his victims a while. The shorter kills could wind up taking days unless he really wants the rush. That's why I called him the most likely. Wasn't swing anyone else wouldn't. Was just pointing out that with his tendencies if he takes a woman she'll probably be around  awhile.

Black Howling

I think it's generally established thus far that all the killers do keep some of their victims alive quite a while. This is at-least the general vibe I've gotten thus far.

Strifesblaze7

Rel Mayer

I was wondering...

Is it possible to create two characters or are we only allowed one? I was thinking about making sort of an film maker. Researching for a documentary called 'horror stories in our backyard' or something along those lines. It's just a fresh idea, so not a lot of depth. It could make for an interesting victim in the future and for now a sort of reporter to try and weasel information from the investigators, people around the town, and such.

Prince Truhan

I'm positive it was said somewhere that you could have a killer and a victim character, so I would say you should go ahead and make it