News:

Main Menu

Rockhampton Flooding

Started by Sabby, January 01, 2011, 04:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/23684021

I tried to embed the video, but Elliquiy doesn't seem to like anything other then Youtube, and it's not up there yet it seems :/

I've never been in a flood before... My street should be okay, and I'm on the top floor in case the road actually see's any water, but the real problem will be supplies. I'm guna have to stock up on canned food tomorrow.

Just as I scrape up enough money for a new hard drive, a freaking flood isolates us and no mail can get in... figures.

HockeyGod

Jude

It is my firm political belief that houses do not flood.  That's absolute nonsense.  Water doth pool around them and then it seeps within areas it can pass through.  So the water is actually being misplaced from its previous locations into the house.  The water isn't flooding, the flood of air is emptying out.  You can ask any political scientist or religious figure and they'll corroborate this.

How OK your street is going to be really is a matter of how much air is in your area.  I guess we'll find out.

P.S. I blame the Republicans for this, if they'd simply passed a bill respecting gay marriage rights, it never would've happened.

Sabby

If there was a joke in there, it went over me.

Oniya

Quote from: Sabby on January 01, 2011, 10:20:27 PM

You're not the only one.

Hope you're staying dry.  I've had enough personal experience with house-flooding to be very glad that you are on an upper floor and not having to deal with basement issues.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Will

Quote from: Sabby on January 01, 2011, 10:20:27 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that this might not be the appropriate board for the topic.

I do hope you manage to stay above water, and get the things you need in the meantime. : /
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Endorphin

Sorry to hear about your plight Sabby. I'm another Aussie and I can attest that we've had such an incredible deluge of water that has made this an absolutely miserable Christmas this year.

I hope things work out for you Sabby!
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade