News:

Main Menu

Same sex hall pass

Started by WhatLiesAbove, November 12, 2015, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatLiesAbove

So...I was watching "Generation Kill" on HBO today. My wife was in the room. And I mentioned how absolutely HOT Alexander Skaarsgard is. I consider myself straight for the most part, but even speaking as a straight guy? The man just oozes sex appeal.

My wife thinks this makes me gay (or bi). I disagree, though I would switch teams if the opportunity arose. She is the same way with Angie Harmon from "Rizzoli and Isles".

Anyone else have a same sex hall pass?

Beautiful Mystery

I guess for me, there is a big difference between admitting someone of the same sex is attractive and wanting to sleep with them.

I can admit that there are a lot of beautiful women out there and I will freely admit that. But I am not sexually attracted to them, nor do I think "Damn, I really want to sleep with her." (or I guess thinking "If I was a dude, I would totally hit that") I just think that they are beautiful/hot/sexy/etc.

So I think there is a difference between appreciating the looks of your own gender and wanting to be sexual with them. It seems as though it is weird for a guy to admit another guy looks good. Then people (usually guys) will say "Oh you are so gay" versus it seems alright for women to admit another woman looks good. Double standards I guess?

This is just my two cents about the topic. Not sure if you were looking for that kind of answer but there it is. =P
Check A/A
The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns.
He comes dressed as everything you have wished for.
O2//A2//Request//Boudoir

Undine

Eva Green.  I totally get what you're saying WhatLiesAbove, and for me?  It's Eva Green, most particularly in her role as Artemesia in the latest 300 - absolutely terrifying and beautiful all at once.  My husband laughed, but for her apparently I get a hall pass.
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Mathim

Quote from: Beautiful Mystery on November 13, 2015, 02:37:26 PM
I guess for me, there is a big difference between admitting someone of the same sex is attractive and wanting to sleep with them.

I can admit that there are a lot of beautiful women out there and I will freely admit that. But I am not sexually attracted to them, nor do I think "Damn, I really want to sleep with her." (or I guess thinking "If I was a dude, I would totally hit that") I just think that they are beautiful/hot/sexy/etc.

So I think there is a difference between appreciating the looks of your own gender and wanting to be sexual with them. It seems as though it is weird for a guy to admit another guy looks good. Then people (usually guys) will say "Oh you are so gay" versus it seems alright for women to admit another woman looks good. Double standards I guess?

This is just my two cents about the topic. Not sure if you were looking for that kind of answer but there it is. =P

Exactly. I don't get why people just take it to the extreme assumption if someone even mentions it. Conversely, I may find someone unattractive but might still want to sleep with them anyway.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MasterMischief

I am not convinced that people are 100% Straight, 100% Gay or 100% Bi.  I just do not think it works that way.  Unfortunately, I do not think Mrs. Llama shares my feelings on the subject.  I do not think I would get any kind of hall pass.

Undine

Awwww... Poor Mr. Llama.  For what it's worth, I'd never get any kind of hall pass from my husband either, if there was actually a chance in hell it would ever happen, same sex or opposite.  I also have a hall pass for Dwayne Johnson, if only he knew!  /sighs dramatically
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

RubySlippers

Well being gay, my wife and I each do have a Hall Pass for men, for me its Sir Sean Connery. My wife wants to be with Mark Sheppard (for geeks he plays the role of the King of Hell in Supernatural). But its the same thing for us the untouchable man but at least hers might be at a geek convention and she has my permission to make a pass at him.

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 15, 2015, 07:29:22 AM
My wife wants to be with Mark Sheppard (for geeks he plays the role of the King of Hell in Supernatural).
pfft Mark Sheppard is not the King of Hell, he's the King of Londinium - Badger  :P
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

The Dark Raven

I'm somewhere on the girl side of center on the Kinsey scale, and my hubby is okay with that.  I have many girl crushes, some obtainable and many not.  I'm not sure what a hall pass is exactly, but I have a few that I would totally sleep with.

Eva Green
Katie McGrath
Jessica de Gouw
Natalie Dormer
Lea Seydoux

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Sofia Grace

My boyfriend and I talk about this all the time.  We don't share the same taste in women, but there are a few we agree on - the same with men.  The difference between us is that while I don't think he'd ever actually 'do the thing', like BeMy had referenced to in her post, I probably would just because I'm sexually attracted to both men and women.  While I'm obviously more attracted to men, my boyfriend knows that I'm not joking when I say, for example, that I'd 'tear Christina Hendricks apart'.  xD  I would.  And she'd love it.

Sexual attraction is healthy, regardless of which gender you're looking at.  If you're comfortable enough in your sexuality to appreciate your own sex, I think you're doing pretty well.  You don't have to necessarily be down to sleep with the person, but I think same-sex hall passes are 150% wonderful and healthy - especially if you and your partner are comfortable enough with each other to say that kind of shit and not have the other be judgy about it.
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

DudelRok

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 12, 2015, 09:27:17 PM
So...I was watching "Generation Kill" on HBO today. My wife was in the room. And I mentioned how absolutely HOT Alexander Skaarsgard is. I consider myself straight for the most part, but even speaking as a straight guy? The man just oozes sex appeal.

My wife thinks this makes me gay (or bi). I disagree, though I would switch teams if the opportunity arose. She is the same way with Angie Harmon from "Rizzoli and Isles".

Anyone else have a same sex hall pass?

"I'm not saying I want to put my penis inside him, or that thinking about him gets me an erection, but that's a dude that I can understand why people wanna fuck'im."

That said, I get shit from my girl if I find other women (even actresses) attractive that are not her, so hall pass be damned.

Also: Angie Harmon is amazing! Liked her better as Carmichael though. Short skirt long jacket level, right there.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

la dame en noir

I think its perfectly normal to find the same sex sexy or attractive. I do not think admiring someone's sex appeal and physical attractiveness makes the person gay. On that same note, I don't get angry or jealous when my boyfriend points out other attractive women. I'm pansexual and polyamorous - I have little time to get jealous of shit like that.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Wolfling72

I don't think I've EVER had a hall pass. When I date men, they are uncomfortable with the idea of me with a woman. (Mostly because my PREFERENCE is feminine~ cis/trans/don't care/who cares/it's all girls/all the time!!) And when I date women, I never think about men... (though the converse is NOT true, I think about all women all the time, always) However, since I've been involved in polyamory~ the hall pass is NOT needed anyway...and I am pretty much filled up with the women in my life.

(However, my children's father did agree that IF I ever met Michelle Rodriguez? I was free to get at her ~and oh, gods, I would have gotten at her so hard that she would STILL not have any breath to speak of...)

;D
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.